Page 1 of 33 [ 517 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 33  Next

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2015, 3:26 am

You heard it God does not seem to exist he does not provide evidence of existing nor does he answer prayers It is easy to assume he is nothing more then a metaphor! Evolution has been proven but as for god and a young earth nope! Godjust seems to be a metephore,ion other words he is not real in any way shape or form but a concept as a means to not kill rape or simply be a jerk to others.

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2015, 3:54 am

Well yeah. You can't logically say religion is "real".

It's an emotion, the belief in something, which is usually something you're bought up with.

That's cool, though.

It's only a problem when it dictates how others [that don't believe] live.

denpajin
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

23 May 2015, 10:55 am

Dillogic wrote:
Well yeah. You can't logically say religion is "real".

It's an emotion, the belief in something, which is usually something you're bought up with.

That's cool, though.

It's only a problem when it dictates how others [that don't believe] live.

Religion is real, though. Example of how religion is real and exists in western society:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_ ... ted_States
37% protestant. That means that religion is very real in the USA, for example.

religion
Pronunciation: /rɪˈlɪdʒ(ə)n/
Definition of religion in English:
noun
[mass noun]
1The belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, especially a personal God or gods:
https://www.oxforddictionaries.com/defi ... h/religion

Whether god is real or not? I doubt it.

Grebels
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2015, 12:50 pm

I'll admit that too often the churches has been their own worst enemies. That is becoming evident now they have less power. I wouldn't know about the southern USA. This is important, because church is a place where you might hope to go to find God. A concept of God is not what you want. It does mean looking around quite a bit.

People with Aspergers generally speaking will have problems with fitting in anywhere. Over the years I've learnt some social skills, but still manage to put my big foot in it with things I say. The fear of rejection is a real problem.

Are there places where you can be cared for, be accepted and not have God pushed down your throat? There are such places and some of them may be at meeting held in private houses. They may be hard to find.

Having said this makes no difference to the existence of God. But if I put forward my own claims here then there are just so many people who will say its all down to my imagination, or my prayers which get answered could have happened anyway. I'll just say, yes, God has answered my prayers many, many times. I'll also say God is very real for me.

The greatest philosophers and theologians have argued and tried to prove or disprove God over the centuries and it has usually ended with a stalemate. Such arguments are pointless. What is needed is the realization, a knowing that goes way beyond the intellect. That usually comes about if somebody is prepared to pray for a person who wants it.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2015, 2:03 pm

Try playing Sims. Then end up killing and torturing Sims. Then you'll understand why the gods let bad things happen. :lol:
Yeah, sorry that's a rather immature reply, but I'm rather guilty at the above.

I find quite a bit truth where the bible, the god's existence, and beliefs/faith mustn't taken too literally...

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2015, 2:41 pm

It's all energy.

Oldavid
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2015, 4:02 pm

Atheism is a particularly superstitious ("Showing ignorance of the laws of nature and faith in magic or chance") religion (faith or belief system) characteristic of frustrated narcissists.

Grebels makes a bit of sense but, unfortunately, he seems somewhat intimidated by the arrogance of egomaniacs.

Of course, Sun, Moon, stars, air, don't seem to exist to a fish living in the bottom of an ocean trench.

Grebels
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2015, 4:12 pm

Quote:
Grebels makes a bit of sense but, unfortunately, he seems somewhat intimidated by the arrogance of egomaniacs.

Bored might be a better word.

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2015, 4:40 pm

Oldavid wrote:
Atheism
(faith or belief system)

Pick one.

Grebels wrote:
The greatest philosophers and theologians have argued and tried to prove or disprove God over the centuries and it has usually ended with a stalemate.

"Stalemate" is a generous term to apply to those who stubbornly cling to an unfalsifiable claim. An unfalsifiable claim is the weakest sort of claim there is. And by what metric do "philosophers and theologians" have any more insight to such a question than do you, me, or the entire scientific community?

Oldavid
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2015, 5:05 pm

Grebels wrote:
Quote:

Bored might be a better word.
Bored would be much more appropriate too.

tuffy
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 May 2015, 5:07 pm

My god exists, he's a cuddly crocodile.

Oldavid
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2015, 5:24 pm

Wolfram87 wrote:
"Stalemate" is a generous term to apply to those who stubbornly cling to an unfalsifiable claim. An unfalsifiable claim is the weakest sort of claim there is. And by what metric do "philosophers and theologians" have any more insight to such a question than do you, me, or the entire scientific community?
Logic is science. The Queen of all vassal, empirical or physical science. Divorce physical science from logic and you have no science at all.

Falsifiability is not limited to test tubes and rulers. A logically absurd assumption does not become a "fact" because a clever salesman sells it.

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2015, 5:45 pm

Oldavid wrote:
Wolfram87 wrote:
Logic is science. The Queen of all vassal, empirical or physical science. Divorce physical science from logic and you have no science at all.

Falsifiability is not limited to test tubes and rulers. A logically absurd assumption does not become a "fact" because a clever salesman sells it.

And florid prose is a poor substitute for substance.

What "logically absurd assumption"? That god does not exist? that's not even an assumption; it's the rejection of a unsubstantiated assertion of the opposite. You speak so highly of logic, surely you know that a negative claim cannot be proven, but a positive claim can be disproven. So presenting an unfalsifiable positive claim and accusing those who reject it of arrogance is projection.

And neither of you have answered my question.

pcuser
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2015, 6:38 pm

Oldavid wrote:
Atheism is a particularly superstitious ("Showing ignorance of the laws of nature and faith in magic or chance") religion (faith or belief system) characteristic of frustrated narcissists.

Of course, Sun, Moon, stars, air, don't seem to exist to a fish living in the bottom of an ocean trench.

You wonder why atheists get upset with theists. This is one of the biggies. Atheism is not superstitious and it's certainly not a religion. Are you not aware that this is a lie used to 'impeach' atheism by people who hold belief in religion. We simply ignore fairy tales. If you can prove there is a god, I'm all ears. Until then, try to stick to the truth...

xenocity
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2015, 6:49 pm

HPV seemingly doesn't exist either for practically everyone until it causes a health issue and/or cancer for the occasional woman.

The majority of the population will never know they have it, since it doesn't do a damn thing to them and their doctors won't find it unless they specifically test for it.

Same with mental health issues until you snap :P
Same for Asperger Syndrome and HFA, until someone convinces you to get the exam done.
Yet a genetic test is unable to reveal it, along with many other health issues.

Judas
Raven
Raven

23 May 2015, 7:01 pm

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
It's all energy.

There is no seperation.