Page 1 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2014, 5:22 am

Since apparently mythological beings that have no proof of existence cant be disproven, gods being one of them, yes gods are mythological beings and god is mythological yet people still believe in them then that means Dragons hold the same validity but since most god believers do not believe in dragons it makes em hypocrates because gods hold the same burdon of proof as dragons do! Pehaps I should make up a new religion involving a Dragon being a god muahahahah!

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

SweetTooth
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

30 Nov 2014, 5:31 am

Maybe God is a dragon.

Nambo
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2014, 9:11 am

Where do you get "god believers don't believe in dragons" from?
The Bible is full of references to dragons:-

And Babylon shall become heaps, a dwellingplace for dragons,

Thou shalt tread upon the lion and adder: the young lion and the dragon shalt thou trample under feet.

And thorns shall come up in her palaces, nettles and brambles in the fortresses thereof: and it shall be an habitation of dragons, [and] a court for owls.

In that day the LORD with his sore and great and strong sword shall punish leviathan the piercing serpent, even leviathan that crooked serpent; and he shall slay the dragon that [is] in the sea.

We believe in Unicorns too:-

9 Will the unicorn be willing to serve thee, or abide by thy crib?

10 Canst thou bind the unicorn with his band in the furrow? or will he harrow the valleys after thee?

11 Wilt thou trust him, because his strength is great? or wilt thou leave thy labour to him?

If your special interest is to mock God and those who believe in him, you really should learn a little more about it, read the Bible or something.

As for "Are Dragons real?",
well, they certainly used to be, museums are full of their bones.
Nowadays they are called dinosaurs.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2014, 9:39 am

Do you believe in the Tooth Fairy, and in the earth-centered universe, as well?

I was aware of this new fad among evolution-deniers of making dinosaurs=dragons, but this unicorn thing is news to me.

So what zoo has the unicorns (or which museums have the unicorn bones)?

I wanna see 'em.

Persimmonpudding
Toucan
Toucan

30 Nov 2014, 2:20 pm

What is translated as "unicorn" in the KJV is more correctly translated from "reim" (רֵּ֣ים) to mean "wild ox."

"תַּנִּ֛ים" may translate to several types of monstrosity of either land or sea...on land, it usually refers to "jackal," not necessarily dragon...and certainly not a modern concept of a dragon, for that matter.

Seriously, just because you are a Christian doesn't mean you are obligated to acknowledge having beliefs that are patently asinine.

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2014, 2:42 pm

Yes. Here is proof.

My deviant art profile

trollcatman
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2014, 6:02 pm

I saw a dragon west of Whiterun today.

Moviefan2k4
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2014, 10:17 pm

I think its definitely possible, though you'd have to clarify what you mean by a "dragon". Historical records from the last couple of millennia contain several references to dragons, with kings even training them to pull chariots and such. Every other animal on the Zodiac is real, so why would they purposely include one that wasn't?

Interesting to note is what history called "dragons", we now call "dinosaurs". The latter word wasn't even invented until the late 19th century, and didn't become an accepted standard for another 30 years or so afterward. Seeing as the word "dinosaur" translates to "terrible lizard", dragons aren't very different.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2014, 10:18 pm

SweetTooth wrote:
Maybe God is a dragon.

Nah, I trust Faithless on this one - God is a DJ.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

Narrator
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2014, 10:41 pm

And Poseidon is real too...

And a blank look rarely means a blank mind.

yournamehere
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Roaming 150 square miles somewhere in north america

30 Nov 2014, 10:59 pm

to asains it is a sign of protection I believe, and a cool tattoo.

Other than that, only if you're a wizard. Some center of the earth deal.

Compared to god, at least we get a good indication of what it's supposed to look like.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2014, 8:18 am

I wish there was a dragon that is a god that would be cool but most religions are boring and do not have a dragon for a god. http://everquestlore.wikia.com/wiki/Veeshan But in a fictional storyline in the land of Norrath there is a Goddess by the name of Veeshan! She is also known as the brood mother she is so large as she set foot upon Norrath her talons carved the Canyons of the continent known as Velious!

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

Skibz888
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2014, 9:01 am

Of course they're real, there's photographic evidence:

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2014, 11:08 am

IN MY opinion dragons are seen through mythologies of cultures throughout history as they are Jungian human archetypes for the human reptilian brain that IS THE POWER OF SURVIVAL, AND NOT THE TOUCHY FEELY STUFF, THAT MOST SOCIAL ANIMALS SHARE.

AND YES, HA-HA, THE SIMILAR Jungian archetypes are seen in Illuminati Conspiracy theorists who state that the SHAPE SHIFTING REPTILES ARE CONTROLLING THE WORLD.

WELL OF COURSE THEY ARE, AS IT IS a well known scientific evidenced phenomenon now that psychopathic leaning individuals are the CEO'S OF THE WORLD.

IN OTHER WORDS THEY RULE MOREOVER by reptilian brain than the BRAIN OF PRO-SOCIAL EMOTIONS.

BUT THE NON-DRAGON-NON-REPTILE PRO-SOCIAL EMOTIONAL HUMAN FOLKS ARE RISING UP, he-he.

PEOPLE DO THINGS FOR SURVIVAL, NOT FOR DELUSION, OVERALL.

THE MYTHOLOGY OF THE HUMAN ARCHETYPE OF DRAGON, SERVES ITS PURPOSE WELL, IN REAL LIFE TOO.

AND SO DOES the hero archetype as well. The ones with power of the DRAGON and LOVE, YES THE REAL HEROES, are the most powerful of all people AS HISTORY ALSO DOES SHOW.

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2014, 2:21 pm

Sorry, I left out this very important video to ILLUSTRATE MY POINT:

We humans need the Dragon of Survival in our BEING as much as the Angel of Love of Empathy.

Both human archetypes are real in TRUE EFFECT AND AFFECT.

GODZILLA GETS THE JOB DONE.

OTHER FOLKS WRITE THE POETRY AND MUSICK IN HEART AND ART AND SING IT
FOR WHAT HE OR SHE PER GODZILLAETTE DOES IN JUST DOING IT.

AGAIN, GETTING THE JOB OF SURVIVAL WELL DONE.

IT TAKES MUSCLE OF BRAIN AS WELL.

IF DRAGONS (per Jungian Human Archetype) EVER GO AWAY, SO DOES HUMAN BEING.

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

Persimmonpudding
Toucan
Toucan

01 Dec 2014, 2:22 pm

If you put "god" together with "dragon," you get shenlong!