What religion brings most problem to the world today??

Page 1 of 2 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

white_as_snow
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

04 Jan 2015, 3:47 pm

Is it christianity? Islam? Judeism? Buddhism? Satanism?

The media likes to report about muslims extremists, but does it really tell the whole truth?

andrethemoogle
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2015, 3:49 pm

How in the holy hell would Buddhism bring problems to the world? The notion that it even could baffles me.

As always, it'll be Christianity and Islam clashing together. Both are equally guilty, and I'm a Catholic myself.

VIDEODROME
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2015, 3:56 pm

Even the Buddhists in Burma and Sri Lanka hate Islam.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2015, 4:06 pm

VIDEODROME wrote:

So much so they engage in pogroms against the Muslims. Damn Muslims, always causing problems, even when they're the victims.

andrethemoogle wrote:
How in the holy hell would Buddhism bring problems to the world? The notion that it even could baffles me.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persecutio ... s_in_Burma
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_anti- ... _Sri_Lanka
http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/ ... story.html
https://news.vice.com/article/meet-the- ... -sri-lanka

Dem peaceful Buddhists never cause any problems. :roll:

In response to the OP, overall Islam almost certainly is the most damaging religion to humanity at the moment.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

04 Jan 2015, 4:13 pm

andrethemoogle wrote:

As always, it'll be Christianity and Islam clashing together. Both are equally guilty, and I'm a Catholic myself.

Buddhism, like all large ideologies, has violent extremists. As VIDEODROME and FuneralxEmpire say, Sri Lanka and Burma have particular problems with Islamophobic Buddhist extremists. Historically there have also been issues in Japan and Thailand. As with other extremist groups, they'll just say "killing is wrong... unless it is group X!"

Obviously the sheer weight of numbers means that Christianity and Islam are always going to be the top two. Let's face it, right now there are more violent Islamic extremists than violent Christian extremists, and Islamic extremists are killing more people than Christian extremists.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2015, 4:15 pm

Islam is the most damaging, no doubt about it.

It is more of a threat than Christianity, but that's like saying that a tiger is more dangerous than a shark.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2015, 4:45 pm

Fnord wrote:
Islam is the most damaging, no doubt about it.

It is more of a threat than Christianity, but that's like saying that a tiger is more dangerous than a shark.

Continuing this analogy...

Tthe tiger is more dangerous (overall) than the shark, but most of the western, liberal, secular humanist-leaning folks who get labelled as 'anti-Christian' for talking about the shark all the time are just self-aware enough to realize they're standing in waist deep water, with no tigers around.

Meanwhile the circling sharks insist on reminding us how much worse the tiger is and how we should just passively accept being eaten by sharks.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

1401b
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2015, 4:46 pm

white_as_snow you're a troll.

VIDEODROME
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2015, 4:50 pm

Belief in reincarnation may cause people to put less value on their enemies lives or even their own. I wonder if some Buddhist thought was the basis for WW2 Kamikaze pilots flying into ships like human missiles?

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2015, 4:52 pm

It's not the religions that cause problems, it's people using them as an excuse to hate and oppress others.

And bringing up a controversial subject that could cause debate doesn't make someone a troll.

white_as_snow
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

04 Jan 2015, 6:30 pm

VIDEODROME wrote:

Do you have any sources?

white_as_snow
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

04 Jan 2015, 6:34 pm

The_Walrus wrote:
andrethemoogle wrote:

Buddhism, like all large ideologies, has violent extremists. As VIDEODROME and FuneralxEmpire say, Sri Lanka and Burma have particular problems with Islamophobic Buddhist extremists. Historically there have also been issues in Japan and Thailand. As with other extremist groups, they'll just say "killing is wrong... unless it is group X!"

Obviously the sheer weight of numbers means that Christianity and Islam are always going to be the top two. Let's face it, right now there are more violent Islamic extremists than violent Christian extremists, and Islamic extremists are killing more people than Christian extremists.

maybe I should haved asked: "which religion has most violent followers, per capita?".

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2015, 6:43 pm

white_as_snow wrote:
VIDEODROME wrote:

Do you have any sources?

They didn't.
I posted several though, if you look.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

white_as_snow
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

04 Jan 2015, 6:59 pm

1401b wrote:
white_as_snow you're a troll.

Says the guy that thinks that majority of all christans wants to kill people and that christians are not a minority in a sinlge country.

Based on what im a troll?

slave
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2015, 11:14 pm

white_as_snow wrote:
Is it christianity? Islam? Judeism? Buddhism? Satanism?

The media likes to report about muslims extremists, but does it really tell the whole truth?

what is your motive?

AntDog
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2015, 11:40 pm

Atheism (yes when included it's in first place to me)
Governments run by them are responsible for the deaths of many tens of millions since the beginning of the 20th century with a massive slew of human rights violations. As a Floridian I don't live far from a living example of it.
In second place is Islam
Also responsible for the deaths of millions over the last century and also with a big number of of human right's violations.

Last edited by AntDog on 05 Jan 2015, 12:01 am, edited 2 times in total.