Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2015, 3:09 pm

Word is, these organizations abound in human trafficking yet everyone points at other places and say they are in the wrong. What about all the trafficking?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2015, 2:29 am

many different groups of evil people are engaging in slavery, ISIL are just one.

SoMissunderstood
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 Jan 2015, 3:32 am

What I fail to understand are these people in detention centres, escaping persecution and death in their countries of origin, going on hunger strikes and self-mutilating in these processing centres.

At least they have been placed in a situation/condition to escape the immediate threat of death and they should be thankful for that and the fact they are still alive and will remain so, yet they choose emotional blackmail for the prospect of quicker processing (which will never eventuate).

At least beheading or a firing squad is a far quicker death than starvation (i.e. send them back) - which leads me to believe these 'asylum seekers' are seeking financial asylum and not political asylum - as they are in no immediate danger and the only danger they have is to themselves.

Maybe if they were more appreciative of their circumstances and thankful they survived the imminent threat of death instead of trying to illicit support from human rights activists in this country (Australia) and abroad, their applications for asylum would have been processed by now.

I have zero sympathy.

There, I said it.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2015, 3:58 am

SoMissunderstood wrote:
What I fail to understand are these people in detention centres, escaping persecution and death in their countries of origin, going on hunger strikes and self-mutilating in these processing centres.

At least they have been placed in a situation/condition to escape the immediate threat of death and they should be thankful for that and the fact they are still alive and will remain so, yet they choose emotional blackmail for the prospect of quicker processing (which will never eventuate).

At least beheading or a firing squad is a far quicker death than starvation (i.e. send them back) - which leads me to believe these 'asylum seekers' are seeking financial asylum and not political asylum - as they are in no immediate danger and the only danger they have is to themselves.

Maybe if they were more appreciative of their circumstances and thankful they survived the imminent threat of death instead of trying to illicit support from human rights activists in this country (Australia) and abroad, their applications for asylum would have been processed by now.

I have zero sympathy.

There, I said it.

You have zero sympathy for the people being trafficked?

SoMissunderstood
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 Jan 2015, 4:09 am

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
SoMissunderstood wrote:

I have zero sympathy.

There, I said it.

You have zero sympathy for the people being trafficked?

I have sympathy for genuine refugees - who would be thankful they are still alive and not those who are dictating terms to our government through blackmail (even refusing to be settled in Papua New Guinea - they want the United Nations to get involved re-settling them all in affluent, 1st World countries) - They should be thankful and appreciative of the gift of life wherever they are!

Also, spare a thought for how much these trafficked people are spending/giving to these people smugglers for a place on a leaky boat - sometimes and often upwards of $10,000 USD per ticket - then they say they are poor and have no money - what a load of rubbish!

Also, many destroy their travel documents.

I have read/seen too much and I make an informed conclusion.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2015, 4:13 am

A lot of the trafficking involves sex slavery.

SoMissunderstood
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 Jan 2015, 4:18 am

Yes, I feel sorry for all the young girls abducted in Nigeria.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2015, 12:15 pm

SoMissunderstood wrote:
Yes, I feel sorry for all the young girls abducted in Nigeria.

But it's not just in Nigeria. If we claim to believe in the values of western civilization, we need to walk the talk, and that includes compassion and aid to those who need it.