Page 48 of 105 [ 1680 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51 ... 105  Next

sophisticated
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Mar 2015, 2:19 am

Narrator wrote:
sophisticated wrote:
A cycle is an event. The first cycle or event was dependant on a sentient, anti-matter, eternal , super intelligent being.

Says who? A circle has neither beginning nor end.

I do understand your logic, and how innate it seems, but some things seem to defy logic, until you come to a more scientific understanding of what is at work. Look at this video, for example. What you see there seems impossible. Science can explain it, but our innate response is to reject it:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4ooPdo[/youtube]

The keyword here is "seem".

It only seems to defy logic, but it does not.

The universe is logical. If it is not then you can never assert anything, nor you can prove anything.

Narrator
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2015, 2:28 am

sophisticated wrote:
Narrator wrote:
sophisticated wrote:
A cycle is an event. The first cycle or event was dependant on a sentient, anti-matter, eternal , super intelligent being.

I do understand your logic, and how innate it seems, but some things seem to defy logic, until you come to a more scientific understanding of what is at work. Look at this video, for example. What you see there seems impossible. Science can explain it, but our innate response is to reject it:

The universe is logical. If it is not then you can never assert anything, nor you can prove anything.

What seems logical and what defies logic depends on your level of understanding of concepts etc.
If it seems to defy logic, it might really only be defying your current level of understanding.

And a blank look rarely means a blank mind.

ChloePaltrow
Butterfly
Butterfly

09 Mar 2015, 2:55 am

If we look through the journey from cave men to modern civiliged people, the cave men were feared of thundering and they used to pray to some one of their imagination who is responsible for the storm and thundering. The storming and thundering still exists. The question is in present days do we pray for that or is there some one who stops all these things after praying?

The answer is No. It is nature of human and of every frigtened people that, we are frightened of those things what we don't know or don't want to realise. After knowing that unknown thing, we don't fear of that.

God is responsible for all the good things but this god is in us. We discover the unknown things to uproot the fear of unknown power. Sometimes we act like evil and sometimes like god. It depends on how we, you and me make ourselves and act or behave with other people. Praying to unknown power is the cave man act, it is just a blind imagination that some one is there who will protect us.

We are suffering from many deadly diseases, then just praying to that unknown power could save us without discovery of vacccines and medication. But that does not happen and we all need to go for modern medication and treatments.

sophisticated
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Mar 2015, 2:58 am

Narrator wrote:
sophisticated wrote:
Narrator wrote:
sophisticated wrote:

What seems logical and what defies logic depends on your level of understanding of concepts etc.
If it seems to defy logic, it might really only be defying your current level of understanding.

People do get fooled. Illusions are real. You can trick somebody to believe that something is completely illogical. Usually the devil is in the details but many are unwilling to get into the details.

Narrator
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2015, 3:10 am

sophisticated wrote:
People do get fooled. Illusions are real. You can trick somebody to believe that something is completely illogical. Usually the devil is in the details but many are unwilling to get into the details.

Wow... that's usually what hard-line atheists say of theists...

lol

And a blank look rarely means a blank mind.

sophisticated
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Mar 2015, 8:42 am

Narrator wrote:
sophisticated wrote:

Wow... that's usually what hard-line atheists say of theists...

lol

Let me give an example.

Many so called scientists have made the audacious claim that something can come out of nothing. This claim is unsubstantiated but by using charisma and logical fallacies they trick people into buying their nonsense.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2015, 8:49 am

sophisticated wrote:
Narrator wrote:
sophisticated wrote:
Wow... that's usually what hard-line atheists say of theists... lol
Let me give an example. Many so called scientists have made the audacious claim that something can come out of nothing. This claim is unsubstantiated but by using charisma and logical fallacies they trick people into buying their nonsense.
Let me give you another: Many so called 'Christians' have made the audacious claim that the entire universe was created out of nothing (they call this a 'miracle'). This claim is unsubstantiated, but by using charisma, false data, logical fallacies, and a lot of guilt-tripping, they trick people into buying their nonsense - literally (this is called "Tithes and Offerings").

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2015, 9:08 am

IMHO, there is no "nothing" for "something" not to have been derived from "nothing."

That infinite "something" certainly is not the Judeo-Christian-Islamic God/Allah/Yahweh. I believe it is a non-sentient entity which never dies.

sophisticated
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Mar 2015, 11:14 am

Fnord wrote:
sophisticated wrote:
Narrator wrote:
sophisticated wrote:
Wow... that's usually what hard-line atheists say of theists... lol
Let me give an example. Many so called scientists have made the audacious claim that something can come out of nothing. This claim is unsubstantiated but by using charisma and logical fallacies they trick people into buying their nonsense.
Let me give you another: Many so called 'Christians' have made the audacious claim that the entire universe was created out of nothing (they call this a 'miracle'). This claim is unsubstantiated, but by using charisma, false data, logical fallacies, and a lot of guilt-tripping, they trick people into buying their nonsense - literally (this is called "Tithes and Offerings").

An infinite, eternal, omnipotent, anti-matter, timeless, sentient higher power can cause something into existence from absolutely nothing.

You are a good example. There was a time when you did not exist. You was nothing. Think about that for a moment. Then all of a sudden you came to life. Do you remember 1789 ? No you don't because you was not alive back then.

You was NOTHING but you know full well that your coming to life was dependant on something, not nothing.

Last edited by sophisticated on 09 Mar 2015, 11:37 am, edited 3 times in total.

adifferentname
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2015, 11:26 am

sophisticated wrote:
An infinite, eternal, omnipotent, anti-matter, timeless, sentient high power can cause something into existence.

Please provide evidence that such a being exists or that such a being can exist.

Quote:
You are a good example. There was a time when you did not exist. You was nothing. Think about that for a moment. Then all of a sudden you came to life.

How sheltered a life have you led to not know about biology?

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2015, 12:10 pm

adifferentname wrote:
sophisticated wrote:
An infinite, eternal, omnipotent, anti-matter, timeless, sentient high power can cause something into existence.

Please provide evidence that such a being exists or that such a being can exist.

Quote:
You are a good example. There was a time when you did not exist. You was nothing. Think about that for a moment. Then all of a sudden you came to life.

'He' might be doING something else but i can easily prove both.

For one thing GOD lives within you and I, we, and me.

GoD is ALIVE as an energy inspiring FORCE that is you and I, we, and me THAT CAN BE MORE FULLY UTILIZED AND EXPRESSED, FOR THOSE WHO ASK ALL THE QUESTIONS, LOOK FOR ALL THE ANSWERS, AND FIND THEM WITH A TOTALLY OPEN MIND AND BODY IN BALANCE.

For another thing, this thing called HUMAN mind is not measurable, IN FULL AFFECT OR EFFECT BY SCIENCE.

However, this thing called creativity as the Human 'Quantum' mind AND body BALANCED, UNLEASHED, AND RELEASED per fuller use of all human intelligences AND EXPRESSION THEREOF, in synergy, CAN AND WILL make real life HUMAN miracles happen, WITH HUMAN RELATIVE FREE WILL MORE FULLY EMPLOYED.

For instance, I as a shut in person with 19 medically documented disorders, FOR FIVE FULL YEARS, evidenced; shown by science and documented by doctor AS AND with NO chance of recovery, are ALL recovered 'simply' and surely by the 'Quantum' Power of my mind AND BODY IN BALANCE, with the higher force of Nature aka GOD or Mother nature True, IN HUMAN BEING MIND AND BODY BALANCE, AGAIN, MORE FULLY UNLEASHED, RELEASED, AND EXPRESSED EXTERNALLY IN FLESH AND BLOOD REAL LIFE; not just these 'skeletons' of words, alone.

Sadly, if you canNOT do this too, perhaps you are the one with a sheltered life, friend.

I invite you to 'COME OUT and PLAY', AS LIFE WITH GOD, AS A FORCE WITHIN EXPRESSED EXTERNALLY AS SUCH, in real life, IS THE STUFF OF REAL LIFE human MIRACLES COME TRUE..

JUST CALL ME 'PETER PAN', IF YOU LIKE..

AND THE ONLY real DIFFERENCE BETWEEN 'ME' AND 'HIM' IS

I CAN PROVE DREAMS

COME TRUE..

NO SH**..

THEY DO....

And here is the evidence, below, freely provided of course, as promised some months ago on this site, as there is no reward greater than the force of GOD in human mind AND BODY BALANCED, as a 'Quantum' Creative Force, making REAL HUMAN DREAMS COME TRUE...in FLESH AND BLOOD LIFE.

QUANTUM PHYSICS IS NICE, BUT 'QUANTUM' HUMAN MIND AND BODY IN BALANCE IS KINDA LIKE 'DIVINE' AND OR

THE SCHOOL BOY NERD DREAM OF

SUPERMAN

COME TRUE..

Nietzsche STYLE AND even MORE thaN THAT EXPRESSED PHILOSOPHY, AS SUCH.

[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Übermensch[/url]

But nah, no grade school lessons WILL EVER TAKE YOU

TO WHERE i
am now,

Friend. ;)

WHAT YOU MAY CALL GIBBERISH, IS THE STUFF OF REAL LIFE MIRACLES, PERIOD, IN FULL COLOR LIVING EVIDENCE. :)

And if scientists over here, in the U.S., cannot explain it, I seriously doubt you can either.

But go ahead give 'her' a try if you will, can, or like.

Mother Nature TRUE COME alive AS 'GOD', in sentient human being(S) IS real AND TRUE.

AND YEAH, IT'S KINDA LIKE COMING AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN, ALWAYS IN THE HEAVEN OF NOW, ETERNALLY NOW..

JUST LIKE THE PROMISE OF THAT SO-CALLED JESUS DUDE..NOW..

IN FLESH AND BLOOD REALITY

ALWAYS NOW.

TRULY there's only room for an infinite smile in now, wHere i live NOW, eternAlly NOW, wHere forever is one second of Heaven..
ALLWAYS
NOW. :)

http://katiemiafrederick.com/2014/12/09/gods-muse-of-dance/

http://katiemiafrederick.com/2015/02/02/3000-miles-of-dance-walking-now/

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2015, 1:11 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ubermensch

The 'software' here doesn't like 'strange letters' with 'dots'.. so here is the corrected link with letter, without dots..;)

But they are fun to

connect,

NEVER THE LESS..:)

DentArthurDent
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2015, 3:36 pm

sophisticated wrote:

An infinite, eternal, omnipotent, anti-matter, timeless, sentient higher power can cause something into existence from absolutely nothing.

this is new, I have never seen this requirement for God before, why anti-matter?

"Religion is the impotence of the human mind to deal with occurrences it cannot understand" Karl Marx

Oldavid
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2015, 4:04 pm

adifferentname wrote:
sophisticated wrote:

Quote:

Well, I happen to know a good deal about biology. One universally observed fact of life is that life is only ever transmitted from a pre-existing live thing to a new live thing.

By definition, a metaphysical thing cannot be dissected under a microscope but that does not mean that such things do not exist or cannot be known by what they do. Life, intellect and will are metaphysical things that can be known to exist by what they do in the physical realm. Logic is metaphysical stuff that is a product of a (functional) metaphysical intellect. It is even so real that it is communicable between (functional) intellects.

Egomania is another metaphysical stuff which is a perversion of will that can easily pervert an intellect.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2015, 6:49 pm

Oldavid wrote:
adifferentname wrote:
sophisticated wrote:

Quote:

Well, I happen to know a good deal about biology. One universally observed fact of life is that life is only ever transmitted from a pre-existing live thing to a new live thing.

By definition, a metaphysical thing cannot be dissected under a microscope but that does not mean that such things do not exist or cannot be known by what they do. Life, intellect and will are metaphysical things that can be known to exist by what they do in the physical realm. Logic is metaphysical stuff that is a product of a (functional) metaphysical intellect. It is even so real that it is communicable between (functional) intellects.

Egomania is another metaphysical stuff which is a perversion of will that can easily pervert an intellect.

'A PERVERSION of WiLL that can easily pervert an INTELLECT'..

Yeah.. like 'ethics'.. OR 'FEELINGS'..:)

Treating People WITH 'RESPECT', INSTEAD OF A COLD HEART THAT JUST wants TO prove 'something' is 'correct', otherwise known as 'INTELLECT'..:)..

Kinda like 'Chappie' but instead, a human WITH FEELINGS AND ETHICS EXPRESSED IN poetry, DANCE, photography, music, OR WHATEVER.

KINDA LIKE Jesus too, as WELL, SHARING INSTEAD OF COLLECTING, PUTTING the life of others AHEAD OF one's own SELFISH NEEDS, perhaps never EVEN GETTING MARRIED to do that more FULLY for all others instead of one, or two, or a family of 12; YES, perhaps THE ENTIRE WORLD, INSTEAD.

IF HAVING an intellect means i do not have feelings or ART, for OTHERS FULLY EXPRESSED OF what i am as human being, sorry, I WOULD RATHER NOT be a real life robot, with NO FEELINGS, NO real feelings EXPRESSED FOR OTHERS in RESPECT of

THAT..:)

Life without heArt IS no HEART OR LIFE

FOR

ME

OR 'CHAPPIE',

AS CURRENT cultural metaphor

for
THAT..:)

@ALL!

WitH
I

and

i

FULLY IN
TOW TO CREATE..ART ALLONE..
INSTEAD OF COLD HARD DRY

FACTS

ALONE,
AS ROBOT
WITH
NO
heART of HEART,
AS STONE,
AS
DEAD.

LOVE IS WRITTEN IN THE STONE,

BUT IF NOT EXPRESSED;

IT IS ONLY STONE.

HUMAN,
AS EVOLVED
IS

MORE THAN

STONE,

AS

WELL,

AS StONE.

adifferentname
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2015, 7:01 pm

aghogday wrote:
For one thing GOD lives within you and I, we, and me.

We're discussing the existence of actual supreme beings, not the metaphorical euphoric fantasies brought on by self-actualisation. Thanks for the response, but you've added nothing useful to the debate.

Oldavid wrote:
Well, I happen to know a good deal about biology.

You will, of course, understand my scepticism of this claim considering your track record.

Quote:
One universally observed fact of life is that life is only ever transmitted from a pre-existing live thing to a new live thing.

Are you a member of the NPA?

Quote:

As we're now deeply entrenched in the mire of pseudoscience, should I start making untestable claims too? Let's give it a crack.

By definition, a "metaphysical thing" can be dissected under a metaphorical microscope. I've taken the liberty of doing so, and I've discovered that a "metaphysical thing" cannot interact with a "physical thing" directly, unless one first sprinkles it liberally with fairy dust and thinks happy thoughts.

Quote:

The irony of your grammatical misstep at this specific juncture, considering the sesquipedalian non-sense that both preceded and followed it, is divine.