Page 71 of 105 [ 1680 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74 ... 105  Next

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2015, 3:39 pm

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2015, 5:59 pm

What are you so mad about? I'm not a religious person--but why post Jesus giving us the finger?

I don't see the purpose in this.

Lintar
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2015, 8:43 pm

DentArthurDent wrote:
Not really surprised that you did not find H2G2 funny. After it all requires a level of intelligence and understanding of how society thinks (particularly the English). You show very little capability in either. It also exposes the futility of some aspects of philosophy, and the idiocy of faith. So yeah doubt someone like you would get it.

Personal insults. How typical it is when atheists resort to this. By the way, I was born in England and yet I still don't find that dreadful book to be at all entertaining.

DentArthurDent wrote:
As to the accusation of closed mindedness. It takes far more of an open mind to reject firmly held beliefs in favour of evidence from experiment. You are the closed minded one, you simply cannot give up your preconceived ideas of the world around you. Instead you outright deny that which science is showing us.

I don't have any 'firmly held beliefs' so far as the question of God goes. Unlike you, a person who rejects the idea out of hand because of some silly association with spaghetti-monsters.

DentArthurDent wrote:
To be honest and very blunt I find the likes of yourself and david to be either, incredibly stupid, or incredibly delusional. I do not.say this on account of your belief in god. Rather i say this on account of your belief in scripture over knowledge based upon evidence.

A strawman attack. I am NOT a Christian! What 'scriptures' are you going on about?!

DentArthurDent wrote:
David and I presume you, believes that almost to a person the contemporary scientific community is perpetrating an ongoing fraud against humanity. Leaving aside the fact that on a daily basis we use technology which has been developed using general and special relativity, leaving aside the fact that has been shown ad nauseum that his creationist understanding of scientific discoveries are deeply flawed. How the heck do you think such a fraud could be successful. As to my invoking Santa, this is just a way of showing how asinine I find your philosophical arguments to be. You can have your metaphysical discussions, but as soon as you bring your version of the natural world into it, then you bring the discussion into the realm of science. The only way the likea of yourself, david and rho can enter a discussion like this is to lie about the actual evidence. At least rho has he honesty to try and justify his position. You and David being the fools that you are simply parrot back what has been said to you, or more often simply refuse to corroborate your infantile assertions.

I see you have well and truly blown a fuse here. You seem to think that science has somehow superceded philosophy, maths and logic, when it is quite plain for anyone with a functioning mind that without these three science would not even exist in the first place.

Lintar
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2015, 8:49 pm

AspieOtaku wrote:
If god was real he would show himself right now and not be a coward, if he knew about the internet man has power over him on he would feel insecure and make an account and post right at this moment!But yet he doesnt so he is not real he is make believe he is indeed made up!

Really? Why? Why do atheists raise such asinine objections to God's existence? Do they even get their minds in motion before they start typing away, or do they just spew forth whatever junk enters their (no doubt, miniscule) minds?
Alternatively, they actually DO understand they are completely wrong regarding the existence of God, but can't deal with it on an emotional level.

Lintar
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2015, 8:52 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
What are you so mad about? I'm not a religious person--but why post Jesus giving us the finger?

Neither do I. It is silly, infantile, offensive, and demonstrates a level of maturity that one would expect from a five-year-old (or an atheist).

Lintar
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2015, 8:57 pm

Janissy wrote:
The Miller-Urey experiment hasn't been running for a billion years which is how long it took the first single celled life to arise. But it did manage to make amino acids out of its version of primordial ooze.

Amino acids are not life and, besides, can you not see the irony here in using this as an example of how life can supposedly arise, spontaneously, from lifeless 'ooze'? It took experimentalists (i.e. intelligent designers) to even come up with the amino acids.

Life never arises from non-life. That's just a plain fact.

Lintar
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2015, 9:02 pm

will@rd wrote:
Remember how John Lennon asked us to “imagine there is no Heaven”? Let’s try taking that out a little further. Unlike Lennon’s mental exercise, this may be a little trickier, since your human memory has nothing to compare it to, but strain your brain and give it a shot.

Imagine there is no existence. No you. No world. No Solar system, No galaxies, no outer space of any kind. No anything. No anywhere. Not even a pinpoint.

Imagine there is nothing, except emerging consciousness. No universe, no matter, no time. Only consciousness.

Within consciousness emerge patterns, repetitive constructs of thought. Consciousness imagines these patterns vibrating, bringing into existence spatial dimensions and some form of time.

Each vibrating pattern is its own form of individual consciousness. As the patterns vibrate, they produce waves, which interact to form particulate matter, building more patterns and acquiring mass. Each level of creation births its own new forms of consciousness and matter, each still part of the source, yet with its own independent form of awareness, through which the source can experience itself, each vibrating in harmony with the base patterns.

Only now can the interacting waves patterns form electrons and elemental particles.

Now, from here on, you can accept the Big Bang Theory of the expanding and contracting universe, because that’s what you’ve been told for years is the gospel according to The Cult of Science, but the BBT has recently been called into serious question, so you might look into the equations that indicate the universe has “always” been here (at least so long as there has been “time”), that every imaginable universe that could exist actually does exist, or that time somehow actually runs forward and backward at the same…er...time.

Quantum Equation Predicts Universe Has No Beginning

A Web of Alternate Timelines

What if dreams are just glimpses of all the weird stuff happening to other incarnations of our consciousness in alternate corners of the Multiverse? 8O

Point being, there is no reason to assume that all of existence is a complete accident, because that theory actually makes less sense than the notion of intelligent design. Some people are just so angry at having been fooled by the Santa Claus story as a child, that they make it their life’s mission to viciously assault anything that might even remotely lend support to the Christian Myths that they also feel are an intentional attempt to deceive and humiliate them.

Unfortunately, they’re throwing the baby out with the bath water. You don’t have to accept Yahweh the Hairy Thunderer or Jesus the Cosmic Muffin in order to imagine that the universe is a living, vibrant, conscious organism and you aren’t just a bag of insensate chemicals, whose awareness is created entirely by your brain and ceases to exist utterly when your body stops functioning. If that were true, it would be impossible for patients whose bodies experience clinical brain death – cessation of all electrical and chemical activity – to start breathing, wake up and describe in detail events that took place in the operating room while they were technically and completely dead. And like it or not, it does happen.

What has never happened, is that living microbes have magically and spontaneously generated out of a vat of “Primordial Ooze” in the lab, proving that life itself is a random accident. Nor have there been discovered the missing links that clearly demonstrate the gradual evolution of one species into another distinctly different species. Mutation, yes. Evolution, not so much.

So there isn’t that.

Modern man does not have all the keys of wisdom and knowledge that could ever be known. Only about a hundred and fifty years ago, we didn’t even know that bacteria and viruses caused disease, so assuming that we can know absolutely what is and what can never be, is pretty arrogant, not to mention closed-minded. Which is probably why the aliens still don’t think we’re worth talking to. :alien:

Finally someone with something intelligent to say! :D

The 'Quantum Equation' article was interesting.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2015, 9:08 pm

I wish we could actually go into a Black Hole, and come out alive. Then...we'd REALLY know how they "behave."

AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2015, 9:11 pm

Lintar wrote:
Janissy wrote:
The Miller-Urey experiment hasn't been running for a billion years which is how long it took the first single celled life to arise. But it did manage to make amino acids out of its version of primordial ooze.

Amino acids are not life and, besides, can you not see the irony here in using this as an example of how life can supposedly arise, spontaneously, from lifeless 'ooze'? It took experimentalists (i.e. intelligent designers) to even come up with the amino acids.

Life never arises from non-life. That's just a plain fact.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who has picked up on that. One could say: "Well, of COURSE life could spontaneously spring up like that. Why else would God set it up that way?"

Actually, that experiment was a few soap bubbles short of bringing forth some single-cell organisms. I'm not sure I completely buy into abiogenesis. But I do have to admit I find it fascinating.

AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2015, 9:12 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I wish we could actually go into a Black Hole, and come out alive. Then...we'd REALLY know how they "behave."

Do you like spaghetti? :lol:

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2015, 9:16 pm

Yeah I do....I know there's a punchline somewhere!

And if I got suckered into that....so be it!

Or....does this have something to do with "string theory?"

AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2015, 9:26 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Yeah I do....I know there's a punchline somewhere!

And if I got suckered into that....so be it!

Or....does this have something to do with "string theory?"

Well, time/space gets distorted at the event horizon of black holes, or so the theory goes. As you cross the event horizon, you'd get stretched, a phenomenon referred to as "spaghettification." It's not your body itself that gets stretched, but rather the space/time your body exists in that gets elongated towards the center of the hole. Everything would take on a stringy appearance. All, of course, right before every molecule and atom in your body gets ripped apart… So if you want to brave a black hole, it might be best if you like spaghetti. Because it's going to take a whole different meaning for you!

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2015, 9:35 pm

LOL...it was only a faint hope! We haven't even gotten to Mars yet!

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2015, 10:07 pm

Lintar wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

Neither do I. It is silly, infantile, offensive, and demonstrates a level of maturity that one would expect from a five-year-old (or an atheist).

Lucky it's not Mohammed giving the finger...

Lintar
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2015, 10:08 pm

appletheclown wrote:
Dreams rely on memory, for example the faces you see in dreams are most likely faces you've seen in real life.

I never see faces I have seen before in my dreams; they are always strangers, people I have never met. Most of them are also much nicer to know than 'real' people too.

Canadian1911
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

23 Mar 2015, 10:21 pm

No. Nothing which doesn't have at least one other rational explanation.