Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2015, 5:27 pm

The_Walrus wrote:
ominous wrote:
You know who else hated feminism and female feminists and was autistic? 8O

No, who?

(inb4 ungrounded ableist nonsense)

Not ungrounded, ableist nonsense. I have been wholly triggered by some of the misogyny in this thread. Have a read of Elliot Rodger's "manifesto" and tell me a lot of what the dudes in this thread are saying isn't extremely similar to the views he 'developed' about women. Just because we are autistic doesn't mean we aren't capable of hatred, or psychoses, that can result in more than just our 'ideas' hurting people. Yes, he QUITE likely had other issues aside from his AS diagnosis, or could well have been misdiagnosed autistic when he was truly psychotic, but it's not a big leap to correlate some of his 'ideas' with some of the 'ideas' being 'shared' in this thread. It's outright creepy.

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

13 Feb 2015, 5:48 pm

Elliot Rodger wasn't autistic, and if he was psychotic, that wasn't what caused him to be a huge dick. Psychosis is not "evil disease".

Now, if you'd said "you lot remind me of Elliot Rodger", that would have been a lesser degree of not OK. Correct me if I'm wrong, but nobody here has said that women need to be subjugated so that they can get laid.

ominous
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2015, 6:02 pm

The_Walrus wrote:
Elliot Rodger wasn't autistic, and if he was psychotic, that wasn't what caused him to be a huge dick. Psychosis is not "evil disease".

Where did I say psychosis was an 'evil disease'? Please don't put words into my mouth. And yes, he was diagnosed autistic. Whether or not we want to disown that diagnosis based on his deplorable behaviour is neither here nor there. He was diagnosed autistic. Murdering and hating people is neither something 'most psychotics' do nor something 'most autistics' do, but at least one man in this thread is displaying dangerous thinking about women on this site. I do hope he figures out what his problem with women is before he allows himself to think he's superior to us and ends up doing something dangerous.

Also I don't think 'a huge dick' covers the extent of Elliot Rodger's problems. Plenty of people are 'huge dicks' without placing themselves on a narcissistic pedestal to the point that they decide to kill other humans because they are superior to us.

Janissy
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2015, 6:05 pm

ominous wrote:
The_Walrus wrote:

Where did I say psychosis was an 'evil disease'? Please don't put words into my mouth. And yes, he was diagnosed autistic. Whether or not we want to disown that diagnosis based on his deplorable behaviour is neither here nor there. He was diagnosed autistic. Murdering and hating people is neither something 'most psychotics' do nor something 'most autistics' do, but at least one man in this thread is displaying dangerous thinking about women on this site. I do hope he figures out what his problem with women is before he allows himself to think he's superior to us and ends up doing something dangerous.

Also I don't think 'a huge dick' covers the extent of Elliot Rodger's problems. Plenty of people are 'huge dicks' without placing themselves on a narcissistic pedestal to the point that they decide to kill other humans because they are superior to us.

It's still a stretch. Nobody here is even close to the Elliot Rogers manifesto.

ominous
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2015, 6:14 pm

Janissy wrote:

It's still a stretch. Nobody here is even close to the Elliot Rogers manifesto.

Yes, it is a stretch. I didn't say anyone was 'close to the Elliot Rogers manifesto' but I do see some pretty full on potential in a variety of 'male rights activists' and at least one person in this thread (from viewing his other posts). I think it's very easy for us to perseverate on what we think are injustices against us (in this case, by 'feminism') and translate that into hatred of an entire group of people (in this case, 'feminists').

I also think dismissing potentially abusive red flags can be damaging. You know, like someone who might have a 'welfare check' and be deemed 'a perfect gentleman' one day and then turn into a raging spree killer the next. I do hope people who are experiencing such profound hatred of women and feminism will evaluate why they are feeling that way and fix their personal problems, because they are that - personal problems.

This whole thread is indicative of why we still need feminism. Imagine if someone had posted a thread here stating, 'Autistic rights! Enough is enough!' and see how far it would get here.

Popsicle
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2015, 10:40 pm

I think a lot of people who are in their mid 30s and younger do not realize how much feminism advanced society. Feminists fought for equal rights for a lot of other marginalized groups as well.

Many of them still do.

Without feminists, there would be no parental leave, maternity leave, day care at work, flexible hours for parents, and a lot of other things that are more subtle. For instance I recall Lynn Redgrave was fired from her job on a Tv series because she nursed her own infant daughter, in the privacy of her own dressing room.

The thinking back then really was that women should stay home, or if they wanted to work, should not marry or have kids.

Now if you enjoy both worlds today, you have feminists to thank.

Feminists also believe in more flexible roles for men too, away from toxic masculinity being imposed on boys and men.

All of this means people are freer to pursue a life they want and freer to be who they are.

Even "Free to Be: You and Me" is by Marlo Thomas, a feminist.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2015, 10:54 pm

ominous wrote:
I'm just going through the list of dudes who've posted on here and writing them down so I can make sure not to share anything of consequence with any of you in future, as a protective measure. I don't know if you realise how woman hating you are but it's pretty disturbing. You know who else hated feminism and female feminists and was autistic? 8O

I seem to get this "i don't like guys" vibe from your posts :S

you don't even know who is a guy and who is a girl here so some of the against could be girls. not all women agree with feminism.

only thing I posted was in regards to abortion. which was thinking if this is true its terrible and then the other case I pointed out which I also think is bad. I'm not even anti abortion. not really pro it either though. I don't hate many people. that said I have tended to dislike most the self labeled feminist I've met. they tend to be like super christians or aggressive atheists, or just about any extremists. which is to say pushy, mean, offensive, my way or you dead, types. I take a do what you want as long as it don't effect others way to life, so i find people who push their ideology on others pretty rough. most I've met tend to take this oh you disagree with me well you're a rapist or misogynist. fortunately feminism isn't the only way to equality for all. the name kinda says its all about females, i mean if the ideology has truly changed from female rights to equal rights for all perhaps the name should change to. changing the name doesn't mean the end of a cause or group. many groups and companies have done name changes and not gone away. its called evolving as a organization. so perhaps its time to retire the feminism name and choose a name that more stands for equality for all. where both men and women can stand together but why stop at just gender equality when there are so many other injustices. but probably just a dream, but dreams in the past have brought on change. I believe feminism was needed in the past but now it needs to evolve along with losing some bad apples.

imagine if women's rights and men's rights joined forces fought for equality for both and all rather than fighting each other. then again if humans could put aside our violence and fighting I can only imagine what a united planet could accomplish.

in summary you making a list of dues is kinda scary/creepy,
I don't dislike feminism just those people who hold extreme views of it.
wish we could all just get along

I'm not an enemy of feminism but i get treated so by most ive met, seems all this does is force away possible friends/allies

Lazar_Kaganovich
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Feb 2015, 11:08 pm

ominous wrote:
I'm just going through the list of dudes who've posted on here and writing them down so I can make sure not to share anything of consequence with any of you in future, as a protective measure. I don't know if you realise how woman hating you are but it's pretty disturbing. You know who else hated feminism and female feminists and was autistic? 8O

It says on your profile that you have a diagnosis of Aspergers/Autism. So if this is true, then vilifying autistic people shows your own self-hatred. And furthermore the kind of nonsense that you are spewing is PRECISELY what I'm getting at by criticizing the attitudes of many 21st century western feminists!

I'm tired of the entitlement mentality that many of them have and that many foolish fellow liberals begrudgingly recognize. Just as militant Zionists decry anyone who criticizes the policies of the State of Israel or questions Zionist claims is called an "anti-semite", anyone who questions feminism is a "misogynist". :roll:

ominous wrote:
Imagine if someone had posted a thread here stating, 'Autistic rights! Enough is enough!' and see how far it would get here.

Autistic people are still oppressed, TYVM! They really have no "rights" whatsoever. Women in western countries DO have rights......And they also have a lot of social privileges.

Interestingly enough, despite the whiny feminist claims that all women are oppressed everywhere on Earth and have no rights, the male members of certain minority groups are treated far worse by mainstream society than the female members of those groups. Like blacks, gays, and autistics.

ReticentJaeger
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2015, 11:12 pm

This has already been said a couple times, but this article is obvious satire. Just putting that out there, because it seems like some posters haven't figured it out.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2015, 1:18 am

Most guys here are not misogynist.

adifferentname
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2015, 2:52 am

ominous wrote:
I'm just going through the list of dudes who've posted on here and writing them down so I can make sure not to share anything of consequence with any of you in future, as a protective measure.

And just like that, the RSHA was reborn.

Quote:
I don't know if you realise how woman hating you are but it's pretty disturbing. You know who else hated feminism and female feminists and was autistic? 8O

Feminism is an ideology, not a gender. I (and many others) despise feminism whole-heartedly, along with many other 'ism's', 'ity's', etc. Dislike of a feminist on the basis of their ideology is not misogyny, however you try to spin it.

As an ideology, feminism is subject to the same scrutiny as any other ideology based on its merits, its influences and its adherents. When said adherents react to criticism of their ideology by making crass generalisations or ad hominem attacks, they effectively hammer another nail into the coffin of their ideology.

So carry on with the bigotry, feminists. Every time you label someone a misogynist for saying "I disagree", feminism loses.

As for you specifically, Ominous:

Ominous wrote:
I also think dismissing potentially abusive red flags can be damaging. You know, like someone who might have a 'welfare check' and be deemed 'a perfect gentleman' one day and then turn into a raging spree killer the next. I do hope people who are experiencing such profound hatred of women and feminism will evaluate why they are feeling that way and fix their personal problems, because they are that - personal problems.

Red flags like someone making a list of names based on their non-adherence to a specific ideology? Red flags like your conflation of women and feminism in this post? You do realise that by conflating the two, you're actually promoting an ideology that is best described as 'female supremacy' and demonstrating how unfit for purpose that oft cited dictionary definition is, right?

Quote:
This whole thread is indicative of why we still need feminism. Imagine if someone had posted a thread here stating, 'Autistic rights! Enough is enough!' and see how far it would get here.

Au Contraire! Your false equivalence is exemplary of why feminism is completely redundant in the West.

Popsicle wrote:
I think a lot of people who are in their mid 30s and younger do not realize how much feminism advanced society. Feminists fought for equal rights for a lot of other marginalized groups as well.

Many of them still do.

I think you'll struggle to find many people here who are in opposition of feminism's stance against traditionalism in the 60's and 70's. The reality, though, is that modern feminists take credit for achievements that they had no hand in while promoting ideas that those earlier feminists actively speak out against (see Christina Sommers for example). Feminism is an unnecessary part of the equation.

It is entirely possible - as demonstrated by the achievements of non-feminists - to fight for equality just as effectively without it. In fact, I'd go as far to say that in order to advocate for equality you must be against the many-headed monster that modern feminism has become.

sly279 wrote:
imagine if women's rights and men's rights joined forces fought for equality for both and all rather than fighting each other. then again if humans could put aside our violence and fighting I can only imagine what a united planet could accomplish.

This already exists in the form of egalitarianism. Sadly, the voices of the moderate are seldom heard over the screeching of the extremists.

Lazar_Kaganovich
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Feb 2015, 3:16 am

ReticentJaeger wrote:
This has already been said a couple times, but this article is obvious satire. Just putting that out there, because it seems like some posters haven't figured it out.

Yes we're aware. And the thread is now about the feminist ideology in general.

@adifferentname: A-MEN mah brotha :!:

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2015, 4:02 am

ominous wrote:
AspieOtaku wrote:
ominous wrote:
Love Dworkin's work and think she was an extremely valuable woman, so I couldn't read past the comment that you think she is 'a wackjob'. Have no real interest in expending myself with men who talk like that about women who've made contributions to women's struggle, whether or not they are deemed valid or useful to you individually.

Have you ever read any of Dworkin's analysis? Yeah, probably not.
Im sorry but anyone who thinks all males are rapists at birth are whack jobs not to mention hypocritical bigots. I suppose you support ideologies such as this as well? https://witchwind.wordpress.com/2013/12 ... s-rape-ok/

I love critically analysing culture and ideology with people who are truly interested. You're not. I don't have the energy to expend on you. If you are actually interested and would like to try rephrasing your question to me and your assumptions about me (and your pointed, challenging language without any basis in fact), I'd be happy to revisit this thread. Otherwise, men asking women to expend energy on their woman hatred is why I'm a feminist, dude.
So the belief that all males are rapists is feminism and those who do not agree are misogynists and hate women?

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

mpe
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Feb 2015, 8:07 am

AspieOtaku wrote:
April93 wrote:
I really don't agree with modern feminism. I think it's gotten way out of hand.
I do understand there are some feminists that truly believe in equality, but for the most part, I want nothing to do with feminism. I feel the movement has turned into women trying to be better than men instead of equal.

That story absolutely disgusts me. I am unsure if it is legitimate, but whether it is or not, I have seen people defending her.
I agree with you on there but when I dissagree with femnazis I am instantly labled as a misogynist and patraichy and bla bla bla! Honestly though modern feminists dont care about men and hate men and whenever domestic violence, rape or sexual discrimination against men does happen they turn a blind eye to it, it is not important unless it happens to a woman, that is their mentality oh remember its only sexist when men do it.

I'm not sure that the term "modern" is really applicable to a set of attitudes which has been around for at least 25 years.
It's also questionable if such people care that much about women. One thing which they often can't handle at all is domestic and sexual violence involving lesbians.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2015, 10:40 am

AspieOtaku wrote:
ominous wrote:
AspieOtaku wrote:
ominous wrote:
Love Dworkin's work and think she was an extremely valuable woman, so I couldn't read past the comment that you think she is 'a wackjob'. Have no real interest in expending myself with men who talk like that about women who've made contributions to women's struggle, whether or not they are deemed valid or useful to you individually.

Have you ever read any of Dworkin's analysis? Yeah, probably not.
Im sorry but anyone who thinks all males are rapists at birth are whack jobs not to mention hypocritical bigots. I suppose you support ideologies such as this as well? https://witchwind.wordpress.com/2013/12 ... s-rape-ok/

I love critically analysing culture and ideology with people who are truly interested. You're not. I don't have the energy to expend on you. If you are actually interested and would like to try rephrasing your question to me and your assumptions about me (and your pointed, challenging language without any basis in fact), I'd be happy to revisit this thread. Otherwise, men asking women to expend energy on their woman hatred is why I'm a feminist, dude.
So the belief that all males are rapists is feminism and those who do not agree are misogynists and hate women?

Pretty much but I wear the label of misogynist (or miss-hoggy-knees or whatever it's called) proudly when labeled by those who throw the term at anyone critical of feminism. Criticism in this case being defined as not blindly embracing feminism.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2015, 11:57 am

Femnazi logic here remember men only exist for 4 things breed labor serve and die.

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList