Page 1 of 3 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2015, 11:59 pm

The Father, and the Son, are both pretty easily to visualize (both being highly anthropomorphic).

But who is this "ghost" person?

What exactly does he do?

And how much grounding in scripture is there for his existence?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2015, 12:33 am

The Holy Ghost (or Spirit) is the 'Breath' ('Pneumos') of God, as translated from the Greek scriptures.

More loosely translated, the Holy Spirit is the Personality and/or Intent of God. Thus, when one is said to be "Filled with the Holy Spirit", it means that they are filled with God's personality/intent.

So when the Spirit of God descended upon the man Jesus, God's personality became His.

This is how I understand the concept; your results may vary.

Narrator
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2015, 12:56 am

And with trinitarian gods in vogue, they had to have something to fit the third face of God.

And a blank look rarely means a blank mind.

Nambo
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2015, 3:52 am

Its easier to not think of the Holy Ghost as a personage, after all God is a Spirit already, why does he need another Spirit form, as Narrator said, they had to have something to fit the third face of God.

Rather, think of the Holy Spirit as being a force like electricity that God controls and that does his will, so when for instance we read :- 2 "When the Day of Pentecost had fully come, they were all with one accord[a] in one place. 2 And suddenly there came a sound from heaven, as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled the whole house where they were sitting. 3 Then there appeared to them divided tongues, as of fire, and one sat upon each of them. 4 And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance". You don't have to think that it is God himself that has somehow fragmented himself so that he can personally enter everyone around the whole world who gets Holy Spirit, but that its a force, an energy of God that he uses to accomplish his will.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2015, 11:39 am

From a scientific perspective that really isn't scientific, formally, per the scientific method..

The Holy Ghost is the subconscious creative state of mind that allows it to flow without interruption from mechanical or social cognition per analyzing logic or emotion.

The Holy Ghost is the same metaphor of mind that allows folks like Led Zeppelin to create 'mystical' sounds and verbiage like this, presented below, and the members of the group Led Zeppelin describe this experience of fully unleashed creativity in sub-conscious flow, not considerably different than the sages and prophets of old.

The Holy Ghost is when the mind of human speaks in inspiring metaphor of emotion that rarely means the same thing to any one member of the audience that hears it with ears unique to each Perceiving Universe, as free.

This creative subconscious mind unleashed, released, and fully expressed is no less mysterious or unique than the metaphor of Holy Ghost.

If only people could understand that we all have the potential to share these 'prophetic' elements of life without getting to attached to the metaphors that describe them, per assigning idols of people or words to ideologies that ring true..

Perhaps there could be World Peace.

But obviously these words are not one's that be easily consumed by the 'common place' of folks.

In other words, it takes 'a holy ghost' to understand a 'a holy ghost', or in other words another creative subconscious mind in flow from one who finds a way OF PATH IN HUMAN JOURNEY to JUST LET IT GO....AND FLOW.....

Getting stuck in the form as concrete rather than changing forms describing similar truths in essence without the plasticity in mind to accept different forms for the similar essence of truth is a common human fallacy in action....

You 'see' Natural Plastic, I am more than fully aware why many folks do not understand me here, when I move into what you call a psychotic state of monologue expressing mind.

It's simply subconscious creativity in flow, and for those who never experience that they truly have never experienced either holy ghost or the true creative subconscious mind unleashed without interference of analysis of mechanical and or social cognition mind.

Yes, the metaphor holy ghost describes the creative flow of subconscious mind well BUT without experiencing the truth of essence in the abstract form of word holy ghost, those letters comprising holy ghost are only an empty vessel and vehicle housing no flesh and blood reality in true human affect of effect.

I can move to both places easily and write an abstract in science or epic free verse poetry totaling 16,000 words like I did the day before yesterday on my blog, and yesterday totaling over 8,000 words.

The reason I can do this is simple, yet extremely complex at the same time. IT is No effort for me after years of practice; plenty of effort for folks who have never practiced it or rarely practiced it.

I practice and balance both ways of mind, and excel in both in relative free will, which includes both mechanical cognition and social cognition, as well as the third mind that flows in subconscious creativity without interruption from my much smaller minds.

IN OTHER WORDS, it is the 'Quantum' Human mind unleashed, released, practiced, practiced, practiced AND EXPRESSED like a fireworks of mind show...

And yeah,

Fireworks are not everyone's cup of tea, of course.

Or even sounds, colors, or lights for that matter.

But I for one have 'tastes' to consume

all of life

WITHOUT 'personal PREJUDICE'.

AND THAT MY FRIEND IS TRUE

HUMAN FREEDOM

UNLEASHED

AS 'QUANTUM' HUMAN MIND.

IF YOU EVER GET ThERE..

tHere WILL NEVER EVER BE

A NEED TO DOWNGRADE ANYONE ELSE..

AS YOU WILL ALREADY BE ON TOP..
AND BOTTOM
ALL AT THE SAME TIME..

WITH NO WHERE TO GO BUT
UP.. with never ever the selfish
need to bring anyone else

down as then you will be ONE
with everything else and truly
bringing anyone down
will only be bringing
yourself down in
TRUE PERSONAL
AFFECT
AND
EFFECT
NOW.

IN ONLY MY OPINION

of
course. :)

Oh, and by the way, the most effective AND AFFECTIVE way of expressing holy ghost in mind AND BODY BALANCE is to dance FREELY WITHOUT INSTRUCTION/LESSON, or play a musical instrument, WITHOUT INSTRUCTION/LESSON as there is confusion of metaphor OF words that only approximate visual and auditory reality IN RECORDED AND EXPRESSED WRITTEN LANGUAGE WORDS.

ALL RECORDED WRITTEN INTELLIGENCE Language other than 'FREE VERSE' music or dance is 'sign language'.

'Funny' how 'people' can functionally disable themselves
trying to get ahead BUT TRUE AS HISTORY AND NATURE SHOWS
OVER AND OVER....
AGAIN WHEN WORDS BECOME REALITY INSTEAD OF

FLESH AND BLOOD....

FLESH AND BLOOD
IS
'THE TRUE WORD'
ALWAYS HAS BEEN
ALWAYS WILL
BE

AS LONG AS THERE IS

FLESH AND BLOOD..

And then there is
"Chappie"..

(hint: Google it)

and now 'Chappie'
increasingly
is
human in true affect
and effect of human
confusion in functional
disability of more fully
connecting to others...

Sad when humans become
machines or words.....
as both are robots
in FULLEST effect with only
an approximation of TRUE
FULLEST AFFECT OF HUMAN BEING
TRUE IN ALL 'NATURAL MALLEABLE RUBBER'
flesh and blood human being..

instead of the
'SYNTHETIC STUFF'..;)

Example of 'Natural Malleable Rubber' provided below:

Her name is not 'Chappie', or Jesus; it is Katy AKA Christ, in this case, per sign language metaphor.

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

Iamaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2015, 1:16 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
The Father, and the Son, are both pretty easily to visualize (both being highly anthropomorphic).

What exactly does he do?

In Genesis 1 it talks about the Spirit of God "hovering over the waters" literally or metaphorically I'm not arguing right now, but there are many other references to the Holy Ghost/Spirit. In one sense, the Holy Spirit could be considered the component of God which is most accurately omnipresent.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2015, 3:32 pm

The Holy Spirit, the third person of the Trinity.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2015, 9:26 pm

Adhogday's style, to me, is a hybrid of Whitman and Ginsberg.

Maybe he should get some of this material together and self-publish a book of poetry, try to sell it, and see what happens.

Ginsberg himself describe the cathartic method of writing poetry. He also mentioned the "collage" method of writing poetry as well--though I don't believe Adhogday's method matches the "collage" method--which seems to me to be a mere random grouping together of phrases.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2015, 11:15 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Adhogday's style, to me, is a hybrid of Whitman and Ginsberg.

Maybe he should get some of this material together and self-publish a book of poetry, try to sell it, and see what happens.

Ginsberg himself describe the cathartic method of writing poetry. He also mentioned the "collage" method of writing poetry as well--though I don't believe Adhogday's method matches the "collage" method--which seems to me to be a mere random grouping together of phrases.

Spending almost a quarter of a century in government employment, everything is strict guidelines and deadlines, with job security hanging over my head for half of that career in a do or die intensity of never making a mistake.

There are no more goals for me but to create in both poetic expression of heart and passion and in the art of ballet-like dance and martial arts AND photography, too.

I have absolutely no REAL consistent creative skills in writing before I come to this site to escape the pain of type two Trigeminal Neuralgia that makes effective use of my eyes and ears impossible without excruciating pain, even with the computer screen at the lowest levels of brightness and without the ability to use corrective lenses, as the focus intensified the pain to unbearable.

I lost my emotions along with dealing with 18 other medical disorders, and I could not remember what it felt like to laugh or smile, or even shed a tear, as pain took my heart, soul, and spirit away.

And by the end of the five years, I did even know what my face looked like.

I was desperate to escape the pain and even more desperate to regain my heart, soul, and spirit.

And that came in imagination of creative emotional words in poetic expression almost 2 years ago, to date, on March the 1st, and then there is a personal blog starting on March 10, 2013, and eventually an inner mystical inner journey traveling in poetic expression of words and songs from my past to find my way back to human being and total recovery from 19 medical disorders, in the end of July 2013, through a myth of recovery created by me for me coming to fruition in REAL LIFE RECOVERY.

More than anything, I am documenting the whole thing for posterity, in case I ever lose my heart, soul, and spirit again, in case the trigeminal neuralgia comes out of remission, which truly at this point I have 100% faith it will not, as I have replenished my physical and mental health balance in REAL LIFE BETTER than ever before in my life, and of course stronger and more graceful in art of mind and body balance than ever before, as well.

Money was the least of my worries, as my real expertise, before, was in numbers and finances in squeezing almost half a million dollars of assets out of just a government job, as truly I was a miser and enforced a strict budget on my wife for decades, as well.

Well, when I got sick, I let her loose on the money but we still have plenty left, as I need no material goods other than food, dance, a song, and writing poetic expressions, along with connections of so many dance partners in real life, to simply live in bliss.

I share my poetic expressions on the Internet, self publishing online for free, on several blogs and have received well over a million views, per my Google-Plus clearing house of blog posts, poetically expressed as such, and I do photography as well, taking over 75K photos since I got well, with greatest appreciation of nature with my eyesight back.

But the funnest and most rewarding part has been the 3200 miles of dance walking in public everywhere I go now for 18 months, as that is a core free verse poetic expression of body, that I can enjoy at core of human being, without even the tool of clothes or music to dance to the sound of nature always FREE..:)

My poetic expressions are repeated all over the Internet in so many blogs and places, and will live on for decades, or who knows, even centuries, after my cremation ashes are discarded off of someone's shelf..:)

But anyway, that is a very kind compliment, kraftiekortie, and I am humbled to receive it, as those are two of my favorite poets, and well before I start writing anything, "Leaves of Grass" by Whitman provides me that oneness feeling with nature, well before I come to live there now.. always now...

I live

I'm fully alive.

And that's enough for me.

Thanks again,
Friend. :)

And believe it or not, when I rave dance at Old Seville Quarter, in Pensacola.. FL for 3 hours on Thursday Nights straight without a break or even a drink of water going on my 49th week tomorrow night, per those statued muses coming alive from stone in the Xanadu Video linked above that is the way I move, at 233LBS of 930LBs in leg pressing power for the 14 times, i've linked several times on the site, here recently.

It's the strangest thing that most people have ever seen.

When people see me coming they smile wherever I go all through my metro area and know me as THE DANCING GUY.

I can't think of any greater gift than to bring smiles to others, when I could not smile at all for 5 long years.

How could I not believe in a higher power of SOMETHING, NOW, AFTER ALL OF THAT. :)

WHATEVER IT IS, IT IS AMAZING TO ME IN BOTH AFFECT AND EFFECT WHEN MY FEET HIT THE ROADS OF LOVE..:)

So i tell this story..
In appreciation of what IS..

NOW. :)

AND I KEEP SINGING A SONG OF LOVE.

OH yeah, I sing too, mostly at Churches I visit for fun, as religion is my special interest in human cultures..

Among 'other' things of course too, as the spices of life keep it going beautiful...ALIVE!..:)

Yes, the dead do come ALIVE and the dead do live as such, as I know ALL TOO WELL, FOR NOW. :)

I would very much like it if folks do not have to go

to the

other place, and I will do whatever it takes to help them avoid that....

Even if they hate me for it...

As anything is better..

than the

other

place......

slave
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2015, 1:48 am

naturalplastic wrote:

What exactly does he do?

This individual explicates the issue quite clearly. Pls enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlXBg2d2Nnc

Lazar_Kaganovich
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

05 Mar 2015, 1:52 am

naturalplastic wrote:

Yo' mama :mrgreen:

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2015, 2:19 am

naturalplastic wrote:

What exactly does he do?

It gets lost in translation a bit, kind of like the word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. I used to find this stuff tres confusing as a kid at church and then Mad Max movies came along and confused me even more.

The Holy Ghost is part of the masculine part of spirit (along with father, son) while the Holy Mother/Virgin Mary are the feminine.

The Holy Spirit is very good. It is thought of as a divine comforter. It will bring you comfort when you are hurting.

John 14:15-17
Jesus Promises the Holy Spirit (keep in mind, the original Greek text has been translated to both English ghost and spirit so it is the same thing.)
15"If you love Me, you will keep My commandments. 16"I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may be with you forever; 17that is the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it does not see Him or know Him, but you know Him because He abides with you and will be in you.…

The Holy Spirit, or Ghost in the KJV is a great teacher pr counselor - John 14:25.26

…25"These things I have spoken to you while abiding with you. 26"But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I said to you.

Again, it goes back to this idea that God is "logos" or reason and understanding where there was chaos, disorder and suffering. The Holy Ghost is what allows you to experience grace, joy, truth, understanding, peace.

In Luke 24:45-49 the ability to understand prophecy is bestowed by the Holy Spirit.

45 Then he opened their minds so they could understand the Scriptures. 46 He told them, "This is what is written: The Christ will suffer and rise from the dead on the third day, 47 and repentance and forgiveness of sins will be preached in his name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem. 48 You are witnesses of these things. 49 I am going to send you what my Father has promised; but stay in the city until you have been clothed with power from on high."

The Holy Spirit can also impart judgement against God's people like when enemies rise up against those who worship God, in this case, the Israelites. The Holy Spirit delivers God's judgment through others. So you could say it falls upon people but it is God that is causing it, so they could very well act against their own will.

Judges 3:10-14

10 The Spirit of the LORD came upon him, so that he became Israel's judge and went to war. The LORD gave Cushan-Rishathaim king of Aram into the hands of Othniel, who overpowered him. 11 So the land had peace for forty years, until Othniel son of Kenaz died.
Ehud
12 Once again the Israelites did evil in the eyes of the LORD, and because they did this evil the LORD gave Eglon king of Moab power over Israel. 13 Getting the Ammonites and Amalekites to join him, Eglon came and attacked Israel, and they took possession of the City of Palms. 14 The Israelites were subject to Eglon king of Moab for eighteen years.

It is definitely one of the most intriguing parts of spirituality, this idea that an outside entity can comfort you, or bring judgment against you. Also, it is thought demons can possess people as well, like the Holy Spirit, only it isn't God, it is another force.

The man under the control of the Holy Spirit has a life of peace according to Romans 8:2-6 -
2 because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life set me free from the law of sin and death. 3 For what the law was powerless to do in that it was weakened by the sinful nature, God did by sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful man to be a sin offering. And so he condemned sin in sinful man, 4 in order that the righteous requirements of the law might be fully met in us, who do not live according to the sinful nature but according to the Spirit. 5 Those who live according to the sinful nature have their minds set on what that nature desires; but those who live in accordance with the Spirit have their minds set on what the Spirit desires. 6 The mind of sinful man is death, but the mind controlled by the Spirit is life and peace;

Whatever causes you distress and pain, the Holy Spirit abolishes.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2015, 3:53 am

Holy Ghost? Its time to call the Ghost Busters and lock this Holy Ghost up in the vault!

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2015, 6:53 am

AspieOtaku wrote:
Holy Ghost? Its time to call the Ghost Busters and lock this Holy Ghost up in the vault!

I always envisioned him as being more like "Casper the friendly ghost". :D

I guess the last time I thought much about the HG was when I was young enough to watch Casper cartoons.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2015, 6:29 pm

It does make you wonder, where do people come up with this stuff. I like the idea of a comforter but at the same time it was humans who have come up with all of this.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2015, 9:34 pm

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
It does make you wonder, where do people come up with this stuff. I like the idea of a comforter but at the same time it was humans who have come up with all of this.

Well, technically when one goes into that theta wave brain trance that brings subconscious mind to forefront of greater human potential, it can feel blissful in comfort even when pressing 930LBS, 14 times with one's legs and growling like a gorilla all the same.

Just in case, if you have not witnessed that yet..;).. here it is again..:)

The human 'quantum' mind AKA Holy spirit or subconscious creative mind more fully unleashed and released has its intrinsic rewards in natural theta brain waves between sleep and wake.. in a dream state of awareness with intense focus never the less...

And although there is no way to measure it, in my day to day life, there is some good evidence that the Biofeedback of creative movement like ballet, martial arts, OR just CREATIVE FREE STYLE movement in balance leads to the regulation of emotions, greater sensory integration, cognitive executive functioning per enhanced focus and short term memory PLUS greater HOLD ON neurohormones and neurochemicals like oxytocin, serotonin, dopamine, endorphins, and potentially even DMT aka naturally occurring 'Molly' or ecstasy...

And that is a mighty find of a fine comforter..IN LIFE for metaphor of HOLY GHOST, SPIRIT, OR GUARDIAN SPIRIT..

to JUST Put on..

And TRUST ME.. AT LEAST FOR ME..

It has a 'perfect practice' of 'fit' FOR me NOW..:)

I just have answers in science AND METAPHOR..
WHILE MOST OTHERS HAVE ONE OR THE OTHER OR NO

ANSWERS

AT
ALL......

BUT AGAIN, without the comfort there IS practically and realistically just empty letters that are vehicles and vessels to house the words of empty shells of not much of anything at all..

Like the word comforter without comfort...

Sadly, some folks are still looking for THAT Comforter and have never TRULY 'seen' it, at least
in this lifetime, according to them.

Mother Teresa Lost her comforter for decades but CHRONIC CAREGIVING CAN BURN OUT the feelings of THE MOST CARING OF INDIVIDUALS, AS OPPOSED TO THOSE who have dead heart souls and spirits, WHO JUST DO THE WORK AS IS...

AND THAT'S OKAY TOO, as we certainly need warriors, surgeons, and CEO's to make the country continue to run

STRONG..:)

Walmart is STILL DIRT cheap...... in part..'cause of THAT..:)

BY THE WAY, I love Super Walmart, so nice of Sam Walton to work so damn hard to provide that huge middle aisle of a dance floor JUST FOR ME.. TO GO ALL OUT IN MARTIAL ARTS AND BALLET FREE STYLE way to entertain the rest of the audience in Walmart Aisles....

For five years I couldn't even bear the sensory explosion of walking in the doors, along with all the pain of illness of course...

And always before that it was incredibly stressful to feel all the stresses of local herd in my area crowded in the aisles...

But NOW I am in control of my state of mind in sensory integration, emotional regulation and overall ALWAYS CALM..

AND I CAN NOW DO ALMOST ANYTHING I set my mind and body balance to JUST DO IT in CREATIVE FLOW...

BUT Taking out the trash, and doing the taxes is STILL OH SO DULL!..;)

Last edited by aghogday on 05 Mar 2015, 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.