Page 4 of 5 [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2015, 1:33 am

Raptor wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
There's NO excuse for bullying.

Yes, but it still happens and will continue to. Best way to avoid it is not to be bully bait and to be able to take care of oneself....

Easier said than done for many of us Aspies when we were kids, as we simply didn't know the things we were doing were considered strange and out of the ordinary by others.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2015, 1:46 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

Yes, but it still happens and will continue to. Best way to avoid it is not to be bully bait and to be able to take care of oneself....

Easier said than done for many of us Aspies when we were kids, as we simply didn't know the things we were doing were considered strange and out of the ordinary by others.

I was blessed with not knowing I was an aspie when I was a kid. I was socially awkward and kinda weird (I still am) but I learned at least enough to appear close enough to normal and I would and did knock someones teeth loose if push came to shove.
Worked for me....

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2015, 1:52 am

Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

I was blessed with not knowing I was an aspie when I was a kid. I was socially awkward and kinda weird (I still am) but I learned at least enough to appear close enough to normal and I would and did knock someones teeth loose if push came to shove.
Worked for me....

Well, good for you. It took me much longer, till I was in high school to learn to mimic my NT schoolmates (and like you, I had no idea at the time that I had Asperger's - other kids often thought I was ret*d, even when I was the smartest kid in class). Even if I was able to learn to adapt to the public school social system, it still wasn't right that I had been bullied, no more than it's right for anyone else to be bullied.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2015, 1:57 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Even if I was able to learn to adapt to the public school social system, it still wasn't right that I had been bullied, no more than it's right for anyone else to be bullied.

Excuse me; has anyone said that bullying is right or defended it??

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2015, 2:03 am

Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

Worked for me....

Hmm... not surprising..

at all...

I never needed to physically bully anyone else..

I use WIT instead and beat 'em with my brain..;)

Without them even realizing it.. hehe!.;)

And yeah.. I bet you I was much weirder than you..

And Hell yeah, as usual, I can prove that too..

at age 13, as well, and even with squats it wasn't building any muscle mass then,

But I was still incredibly strong without any visible muscle at all, beating the biggest football players to their shock and surprise AND DISMAY WITH OH SH** FRED'S MIGHTY ARM STRONG in arm wrestling.. and haha! still doing it NOW AT 233LBS OF MUSCLE instead of skin and bone, 120LBS and 5 FEET 10, at age 13...

And even then, that's probably why no one has ever attempted to physically bully me then or NOW. But perhaps that is because I can give 'em the CRAZY/EVIL EYE TOO..;)

I SIMPLY FIGURE OUT HOW TO FULLY UNDOMESTICATE MYSELF IN MY MID 50'S AND ROAR LIKE A GORILLA when I leg press 930LBS PER THAT video 14 times, in case you forget the numbers..;)

BUT ANYWAY..THIS IS ANDROGYNOUS.. WEIRD LOOKING FRED AT 13..:)

THE WEIRDEST.. AND GOOFIEST OF THEM ALL.. OFTEN NAMED AS FOOL.. AND I LOVE REMINISCING ABOUT THE GOOD OLD DAYS THAT ARE STILL NOW..;)

I'VE BEEN BOTH THE OMEGA MALE AND ALPHA MALE IN REAL LIFE, and to experience both in one lifetime, is simply amazing, as not many folks can say THEY DID THAT, AND PROVE IT. :)

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

Last edited by aghogday on 01 Mar 2015, 2:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2015, 2:04 am

Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Even if I was able to learn to adapt to the public school social system, it still wasn't right that I had been bullied, no more than it's right for anyone else to be bullied.

You seemed to place part of the blame on the victim for being different.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2015, 2:15 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

I think I've explained it well enough if not in this thread then certainly in others about not being bully bait or a soft target.
Goodnight.....

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2015, 2:18 am

aghogday wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

Worked for me....

Hmm... not surprising..

at all...

I never needed to physically bully anyone else..

I use WIT instead and beat 'em with my brain..;)

Without them even realizing it.. hehe!.;)

And yeah.. I bet you I was much weirder than you..

And Hell yeah, as usual, I can prove that too..

at age 13, as well, and even with squats it wasn't building any muscle mass then,

But I was still incredibly strong without any visible muscle at all, beating the biggest football players to their shock and surprise AND DISMAY WITH OH SH** FRED'S MIGHTY ARM STRONG in arm wrestling.. and haha! still doing it NOW AT 233LBS OF MUSCLE instead of skin and bone, 120LBS and 5 FEET 10, at age 13...

And even then, that's probably why no one has ever attempted to physically bully me then or NOW. But perhaps that is because I can give 'em the CRAZY/EVIL EYE TOO..;)

I SIMPLY FIGURE OUT HOW TO FULLY UNDOMESTICATE MYSELF IN MY MID 50'S AND ROAR LIKE A GORILLA when I leg press 930LBS PER THAT video 14 times, in case you forget the numbers..;)

BUT ANYWAY..THIS IS ANDROGYNOUS.. WEIRD LOOKING FRED AT 13..:)

THE WEIRDEST.. AND GOOFIEST OF THEM ALL.. OFTEN NAMED AS FOOL.. AND I LOVE REMINISCING ABOUT THE GOOD OLD DAYS THAT ARE STILL NOW..;)

I'VE BEEN BOTH THE OMEGA MALE AND ALPHA MALE IN REAL LIFE, and to experience both in one lifetime, is simply amazing, as not many folks can say THEY DID THAT, AND PROVE IT. :)

And here's one of my 'moves'..;)

And just a hint.. of the crazy eye.. with 'enter the dragon'.. in T-tow..;)

And finally, this is 'Superman' happy, protecting young ladies, older ladies, and my "Indian Princess" wife sitting at the corner table, as she's like Robin for Batman.. in female form..;)

Seriously, why can't folks around here just be friends.. share their sorrows and accomplishments civilly... as such....

I never ever have REAL problems being a friend to any stranger in real life...

Perhaps, it is my blue eyes or brown shades..that does that magicK tricK..;)

And yeah.. them being friends for me.. not always the same... situation......but that's how life goes.. and I continue to 'role' with it...;)..

PUNCHES OR NOT..:)

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

Edenthiel
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2015, 3:23 am

Narrator wrote:
I've noticed gender identity come up in a few threads. While the issue doesn't bother me, I was surprised to learn about gender identity in some of our older races. At one time, I thought it had to be a modern thing, perhaps tied to our western freedom of expression. I thought it peculiar, odd. But the more I learned, the less I thought that way.
[...]
And yes, while it seems to be mostly males making the switch, there are also quite a few females wanting to be male.
If you Google third gender, you'll find lots of interesting information on types, history, roles, culture etc. You'll also find that there are animals which also utilize third gender roles.
Like it or not, it is a part of nature's landscape.

If I may? Members of my extended family are trans...it runs in the family. That last is not uncommon as it's been known for decades that if someone is trans, there is an order of magnitude greater chance (vs. random chance) that a first degree relative is also trans & it goes up from there with each degree out (R.Green, 1970)

Even forms of surgery to align someone's body to their identity have been around almost as long as we've been domesticating animals like cattle, as the effects of castration were well known and documented as being used on or by trans people. That such a thing is recorded in so many cultures across time and place indicates something intrinsic to the human race. It's interesting that many (certainly not all) non-Judeo Christian cultures simply accepted that sex and gender like so much else exists on a number of spectra. The Roman Senate officially adopted Cybele as a state goddess in 204 BC; her temples were attended to by transgender priestesses. And trans & interesex people are mentioned in both the Jewish and Christian Bibles (they were proclaimed to be accepted and loved by their god).

Also, just a note but there are about as many trans men as women; the older method of gathering the stats was based largely on surgery. Trans men who had a ovo-histo or top surgery typically blended in statistically as it wasn't labeled (or filed with insurance) as SRS.

A couple of great links for anyone interested in the hard science research behind someone being transsexual/transgender:
http://www.transgendercare.com/guidance ... gender.htm
http://www.cakeworld.info/transsexualism/what-causes

Third gender, however *can* be a bit of a problem. Some people do indeed identify as neither man or woman, or as a blend, or what have you. For them, the category of, "third gender" can fit, as does the label, "transgender". However, there are others who simply identify as the sex opposite that assigned at birth. For them, the category of "third gender" or "transgender" sets them as *still*not* the sex/gender with which they identify. It also "others" them. Also, the modern nations that recognize "third gender" tend to be otherwise quite sex/gender binary and use it rather than officially recognize transsexuals' actual identity.

Finally, most accounts of other cultures get so highly distorted by observer bias that it can be difficult to aggregate reports into some semblance of the truth. "Two-spirits" for instance were anyone gender atypical, so that included all of what we now call, 'LGBT' -and people with intersex conditions. They also could be the tribe shaman or were a sort of shaman consultant. And after talking with a few Samoans, I *still* don't think euro-american researchers really grok fa'afafine. I'm not sure I do, either. The actual concept seems like too much of a mismatch to our cultural filters.

Narrator
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2015, 4:03 am

Raptor wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

The best way to not be bully bait is to be born average looking, with average skills and an average personality. And even then a bully will find a reason to take his/her own issues out on you. So, if you're advocating people sterilize their lives and become non-individuals to avoid bullying, I'd rather say, bring on the bullies. Bullying thrives because intolerance is encouraged, either overtly or tacitly. People should not have to change who they are to accommodate a bully, and any suggestion they do so is tacit approval of the bully.

And a blank look rarely means a blank mind.

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2015, 4:04 am

Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

I think I've explained it well enough if not in this thread then certainly in others about not being bully bait or a soft target.
Goodnight.....

If you saw a feminine boy being bullied, you would not step in. They got what's coming to them, you'd say. After all, did you not say that not only are they asking for it, but also that you find them disturbing?

In that case, you'd cheer the bully on.

I was banned from a forum for this very discussion. A retired teacher supported a school's ban on a boy bringing a My Little Pony lunch box, a retired teacher who fancied himself liberal (and yet, seemed to also hate trans people), a retired teacher who was the moderator. Well, I told him, I don't f*****g care if you're the moderator. The school actually came to its senses and reversed its ban and said it would take care of the bullies. I flashed that in the retired teacher's face a few times (metaphorically), and some more stuff was said, and whoop! permabanned I was from that forum!

I've been banned from 3 weather forums and I'm happy about it. Weather forums have some of the absolute worst posters on them (and posters getting promoted to staff) for some reason. It's the same poison that you face on transgender forums.

Here, though, the staff seem far more sensible.

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2015, 4:07 am

Narrator wrote:
Raptor wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

The best way to not be bully bait is to be born average looking, with average skills and an average personality. And even then a bully will find a reason to take his/her own issues out on you. So, if you're advocating people sterilize their lives and become non-individuals to avoid bullying, I'd rather say, bring on the bullies. Bullying thrives because intolerance is encouraged, either overtly or tacitly. People should not have to change who they are to accommodate a bully, and any suggestion they do so is tacit approval of the bully.

So true. There are often many on the school staff like Raptor who find such boys disturbing, so when they see a little bullying here or there, they feel the boy was asking for it, and look the other way. Pretty soon, the situation becomes intolerable for the poor boy.

That's why the school's leadership must make a concerted effort, involving the staff, to combat bullying.

Last edited by beneficii on 01 Mar 2015, 4:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Narrator
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2015, 4:08 am

goofygoobers wrote:
Hahahaha. I've had a crush on Lady Gaga. Am I weird for thinking she's hot?

Hey, what you talking about? She IS hot.. lol
But more than that, she's amazingly talented.

And a blank look rarely means a blank mind.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2015, 11:19 am

Narrator wrote:
goofygoobers wrote:

Amen on both counts! I might add, she genuinely loves her fans (her little monsters), and has genuine dedication to causes such as LGBT rights. What's not to love? :D

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2015, 11:49 am

Raptor wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
I am fine with being female. As a child I wished I could be a boy because they could pee standing and didn't have to pull down their pants to go and they could go standing. But I played with action figures, cars, trucks, Mighty Max, video games including fighting games, played in the dirt, climbed trees, but I still played with girl stuff and wore girl clothes. My parents never did the gender stereotype crap so I was allowed to do boy things people may call it. But I was never transgender, I was just a tomboy. I never thought about being in the wrong body.

Nothing wrong with a girl being a tomboy. On the other hand, a boy playing with dolls is a bully target not to mention just plain disturbing....

It's more socially acceptable for girls to do boy things than it is for boys to do girl things.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2015, 11:51 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Narrator wrote:
goofygoobers wrote:

Amen on both counts! I might add, she genuinely loves her fans (her little monsters), and has genuine dedication to causes such as LGBT rights. What's not to love? :D

That's what makes her a good performer all around. 8)

Sweet! I said round. :P