Veteran

03 Mar 2015, 4:48 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
RhodyStruggle wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:
It's quite simple:
Those who want to be vaxxed, go for it!
Those who don't want to be vaxxed, then don't.

And risk endangering those who have not yet been vaccinated? When public safety is at stake, I think it's more than fair to ask everyone to take the proper precautions, in this case, getting vaccinated.

Public safety?

That'd be the same public whose tax dollars paid to have me institutionalized, drugged, and tortured over a span of years, yeah?

Well, I'm part of everyone. And I strongly disagree that it's anywhere even in the same universe as "fair" to ask me to do a bloody thing for the safety of the public that turned its back on me, declared war on me, and would rather see me dead.

You have this happy delusion that "we're all in this together," and we're not. Expecting those of us whom you've forcibly ejected from your herd to give a rat's *ss about the status of its immunity is unrealistic.

For the record, I am not in favor of having you tortured and drugged. I am advocating vaccinations to prevent illness and death in the population; so yes, in that respect, we are all in this together. I don't buy into the libertarian myth of all people being individuals owing nothing to his or her fellow humans. We are our brother's keeper.

It doesn't matter what you're in favor of. Either you agree that it's time for guillotines or else you're a collaborator.

"We are our brother's keeper" is a sentiment inapplicable to those who have no brothers, and generally expressed only by those who've been adequately kept. It's an extremely privileged position. For those who lack that privilege, whose experiences afford no grounds upon which to extend trust to "the authorities" and many reasons not to, regarding the benefits of vaccination as potential trap-bait is a rational conclusion. The fact that this has actually been done by said authorities reinforces that suspicion, as does talk of mandating consumption of said potential bait.

A burden discerned in the blood you taste

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

03 Mar 2015, 5:04 pm

RhodyStruggle wrote:
For those who lack that privilege, whose experiences afford no grounds upon which to extend trust to "the authorities" and many reasons not to, regarding the benefits of vaccination as potential trap-bait is a rational conclusion.

It might be understandable, but it certainly isn't rational.

RhodyStruggle
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2015, 5:10 pm

The_Walrus wrote:
RhodyStruggle wrote:
For those who lack that privilege, whose experiences afford no grounds upon which to extend trust to "the authorities" and many reasons not to, regarding the benefits of vaccination as potential trap-bait is a rational conclusion.

Please describe how this conclusion is irrational without appealing to outside perspectives which the agent in question is already stipulated to have discounted.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2015, 10:34 pm

RhodyStruggle wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
RhodyStruggle wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:
It's quite simple:

And risk endangering those who have not yet been vaccinated? When public safety is at stake, I think it's more than fair to ask everyone to take the proper precautions, in this case, getting vaccinated.

Public safety?

That'd be the same public whose tax dollars paid to have me institutionalized, drugged, and tortured over a span of years, yeah?

Well, I'm part of everyone. And I strongly disagree that it's anywhere even in the same universe as "fair" to ask me to do a bloody thing for the safety of the public that turned its back on me, declared war on me, and would rather see me dead.

You have this happy delusion that "we're all in this together," and we're not. Expecting those of us whom you've forcibly ejected from your herd to give a rat's *ss about the status of its immunity is unrealistic.

For the record, I am not in favor of having you tortured and drugged. I am advocating vaccinations to prevent illness and death in the population; so yes, in that respect, we are all in this together. I don't buy into the libertarian myth of all people being individuals owing nothing to his or her fellow humans. We are our brother's keeper.

It doesn't matter what you're in favor of. Either you agree that it's time for guillotines or else you're a collaborator.

"We are our brother's keeper" is a sentiment inapplicable to those who have no brothers, and generally expressed only by those who've been adequately kept. It's an extremely privileged position. For those who lack that privilege, whose experiences afford no grounds upon which to extend trust to "the authorities" and many reasons not to, regarding the benefits of vaccination as potential trap-bait is a rational conclusion. The fact that this has actually been done by said authorities reinforces that suspicion, as does talk of mandating consumption of said potential bait.

Everyone from Jesus Christ, to Dietrich Bonhoeffer, to Martin Luther King taught we are our brother's keeper, and none of these men were exactly in a privileged position. Having a heart when it comes to caring for the welfare of others is hardly a matter of privilege.
As far as "those who have no brothers" - I take it that it's either a go-it-alone libertarian bullsh*t, or, you're referring to very alienated people. In either case, just because you believe it to be so hardly makes it so. By the way, as an Aspie, I fully understand what alienation and isolation is.
As for your take on vaccinations, I go with what The_Walrus said.

RhodyStruggle
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2015, 12:02 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Everyone from Jesus Christ, to Dietrich Bonhoeffer, to Martin Luther King taught we are our brother's keeper, and none of these men were exactly in a privileged position.

These men were not exiles or outcasts. They each had a place in a community. Whether or not they should be generally considered privileged, each enjoyed the specific privilege of having experienced the existence of a group of people who cared for their welfare and did not endeavor to destroy them. The fact that you can't see this as being a privilege is most likely a reflection of the fact that you share this privilege, and people who have privilege are as a rule blind to it.

Kraichgauer wrote:
Having a heart when it comes to caring for the welfare of others is hardly a matter of privilege.

Surviving to adulthood in order to express such a sentiment necessarily implies the privilege of not being murdered by your parents (a privilege I share with you, though not for lack of trying on one's part). So yeah, there's definitely a component of privilege there, we're just arguing the extent of it.

Kraichgauer wrote:
As far as "those who have no brothers" - I take it that it's either a go-it-alone libertarian bullsh*t, or, you're referring to very alienated people.

The fact that you differentiate between the two speaks volumes about you. Perhaps if you weren't so focused on othering libertarians you'd have noticed that the former set is largely comprised of members of the latter.

Kraichgauer wrote:
In either case, just because you believe it to be so hardly makes it so.

Except that goes both ways. And whereas you have no basis whatsoever for the belief that anybody gives a sh*t about me, I have good reasons to conclude that there are no such sh*t-givers.

Kraichgauer wrote:
By the way, as an Aspie, I fully understand what alienation and isolation is.

I am not my diagnosis. Even if I were, Complex PTSD has far more to do with this than ASD.

If there's a single person you met before the age of 20 from whom you don't fear for your life, you do not know where I am coming from.

Kraichgauer wrote:

Then feel free to answer my response to them.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2015, 1:28 am

RhodyStruggle wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Everyone from Jesus Christ, to Dietrich Bonhoeffer, to Martin Luther King taught we are our brother's keeper, and none of these men were exactly in a privileged position.

These men were not exiles or outcasts. They each had a place in a community. Whether or not they should be generally considered privileged, each enjoyed the specific privilege of having experienced the existence of a group of people who cared for their welfare and did not endeavor to destroy them. The fact that you can't see this as being a privilege is most likely a reflection of the fact that you share this privilege, and people who have privilege are as a rule blind to it.

Kraichgauer wrote:
Having a heart when it comes to caring for the welfare of others is hardly a matter of privilege.

Surviving to adulthood in order to express such a sentiment necessarily implies the privilege of not being murdered by your parents (a privilege I share with you, though not for lack of trying on one's part). So yeah, there's definitely a component of privilege there, we're just arguing the extent of it.

Kraichgauer wrote:
As far as "those who have no brothers" - I take it that it's either a go-it-alone libertarian bullsh*t, or, you're referring to very alienated people.

The fact that you differentiate between the two speaks volumes about you. Perhaps if you weren't so focused on othering libertarians you'd have noticed that the former set is largely comprised of members of the latter.

Kraichgauer wrote:
In either case, just because you believe it to be so hardly makes it so.

Except that goes both ways. And whereas you have no basis whatsoever for the belief that anybody gives a sh*t about me, I have good reasons to conclude that there are no such sh*t-givers.

Kraichgauer wrote:
By the way, as an Aspie, I fully understand what alienation and isolation is.

I am not my diagnosis. Even if I were, Complex PTSD has far more to do with this than ASD.

If there's a single person you met before the age of 20 from whom you don't fear for your life, you do not know where I am coming from.

Kraichgauer wrote:

Then feel free to answer my response to them.

Just because you're in pain and have a chip on your shoulder is no reason to believe where you're coming from is the best vantage point; just the opposite.
And if libertarians are alienated, isolated people, then all the more reason to consider libertarianism to be a maladjusted, traumatized and trauma inducing political philosophy.

Narrator
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2015, 1:44 am

I've heard that increased numbers in autism is largely due to awareness. And in like manner, they reckon the current 2% (?) of people with ASD will likely increase dramatically as awareness and diagnosis increases.

And a blank look rarely means a blank mind.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2015, 3:10 am

Narrator wrote:
I've heard that increased numbers in autism is largely due to awareness. And in like manner, they reckon the current 2% (?) of people with ASD will likely increase dramatically as awareness and diagnosis increases.

I am in absolute 100% agreement.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2015, 3:20 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:
It's quite simple:

Again, that's just one of the perils of living in a free society that you lefties don't want to accept. Personally, I don't think it's as much as a health risk issue you all are sweating over but a compulsion to want to control people's lives.

The perils of living in a free society doesn't include putting the health and safety of others at risk.

Then move someplace else.

Quote:
Show me one example where the founders had advocated such a notion that freedom supersedes the rights of others.
You're the one that wants to force everyone to be vaccinated so the onus is on you to show us where they didn't advocate freedom in matters like this.

I don't need to move somewhere else, as freedom to opt out of vaccinations is generally regarded in America as in the realm of the insane and irresponsible. If anything, you appear to be on the side with much less credit.

Oh, so now I'm an anti-vaxxer; a compliment coming from any progressive.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2015, 3:26 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Everyone from Jesus Christ, to Dietrich Bonhoeffer, to Martin Luther King taught we are our brother's keeper, and none of these men were exactly in a privileged position. Having a heart when it comes to caring for the welfare of others is hardly a matter of privilege.

And you just happen to be one of the ones being kept as opposed to being a keeper, hence you love of anything progressive and your generosity with the money and freedom of others.....

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2015, 3:36 am

Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

And you just happen to be one of the ones being kept as opposed to being a keeper, hence you love of anything progressive and your generosity with the money and freedom of others.....

And how do you come to that conclusion? My wife and I do in fact contribute to World Vision in caring for a girl in Bangladesh, so I think you've got it backwards. And remind me again how is it that it's wrong to care for our fellow humans?

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

04 Mar 2015, 10:55 am

RhodyStruggle wrote:
The_Walrus wrote:
RhodyStruggle wrote:

Please describe how this conclusion is irrational without appealing to outside perspectives which the agent in question is already stipulated to have discounted.

I am unsure what you are counting as "outside perspectives", but discounting the scientific evidence of vaccine efficacy and safety is irrational.

If I believe I can fly, it might be rational to jump off a building, but you can't derive truly rational conclusions from irrational premises.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2015, 11:03 am

If we didn't have vaccines, we'd still be dying from smallpox. And being paralyzed from polio.

It's gotten to the point where the younger generation doesn't really know what smallpox is, since it was eradicated around 1979.

They don't have much idea what polio is, either--because it's really not a part of their lives.

The solution is to monitor what's PUT into the vaccines.

Last edited by kraftiekortie on 04 Mar 2015, 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2015, 11:03 am

The_Walrus wrote:
...discounting the scientific evidence of vaccine efficacy and safety is irrational....

Such evidence is doubtful when the very existence of the U.S. Court of Federal Claims Office of Special Masters (the so-called vaccine court) http://www.uscfc.uscourts.gov/vaccine-p ... al-masters persists.

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2015, 11:19 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
If we didn't have vaccines, we'd still be dying from smallpox. And being paralyzed from polio.

It's gotten to the point where the younger generation doesn't really know what smallpox is, since it was eradicated around 1979.

They don't have much idea what polio is, either--because it's really not a part of their lives.

Very true, but today's vaccines aren't the "clean" vaccines of yesteryear (that all ended with the advent of the polio vaccine https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polio_vaccine when several various diseases and disorders were induced by the vaccine). All the "anti-vaxxers" would go home if vaccines now were clean like those given in 2009 to Germany's leaders http://www.spiegel.de/international/ger ... 56028.html , but not its citizens. If Germany's leaders got/are getting clean vaccines, should we believe that other world leaders aren't? And, if so, why not us, too?

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2015, 11:34 am

No doubt....we have to monitor what's put into the vaccines.

The benefits of vaccines outweigh the dangers, though.