Some guy wants to ban everything that is mind-altering

Page 1 of 2 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Mootoo
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2015, 3:54 am

So... yeah. I'm just listening to radio 4 and this guy from the Home Office, who clearly is a proud Little Hitler (:-D), who literally declared that he wants, practically, everything banned. I mean, what in existence doesn't change the mind? He surely needs to annihilate all brains in existence if he has any chance of achieving this lofty goal, or the minds can become altered before any sort of legislation. Legislation against alteration of the mind.

Children will have a difficult time considering theirs changes so much more often than adults'...

trollcatman
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2015, 9:54 am

There are Little Hitlers everywhere. Don't forget the real Hitler was a teetotaler and he was defeated by a two guys who drank like fish and smoked like chimneys (Churchill and Stalin).

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2015, 9:57 am

They may take my coffee away from me when they can pry the cup out of my cold, dead hand.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2015, 10:02 am

Things have changed a lot since WW2, this guy will probably be locked up or forgotten a few years from now.

Janissy
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2015, 10:53 am

Fnord wrote:
They may take my coffee away from me when they can pry the cup out of my cold, dead hand.

My thoughts exactly. Coffee is mind altering (it alters my mind from asleep to awake) and I will fight to keep it.

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2015, 10:58 am

A strenuous hike in the mountains can positively alter the mind and open one up to fundamental truths. Perhaps he'd like to ban that, also.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

appletheclown
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2015, 11:04 am

Not my anime!! ! :cry:

Fogman
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2015, 7:50 pm

Hmm... England withough Ale, Lager, Cider, Perry, Barleywine, Mead, wines off all varieties, not to mentioned distilled liquor such as Scotch, not to mention a general ban on all antipsycotic medication for those who need such. Not to mention the fact that tea will be banned as a result. --I think it's not on.

Nebogipfel
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2015, 8:49 pm

I'm guessing he's not including propaganda in with his mind altering prohibitions. He might find it difficult to function if that were banned.

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2015, 10:06 am

Mootoo wrote:
So... yeah. I'm just listening to radio 4 and this guy from the Home Office, who clearly is a proud Little Hitler (:-D), who literally declared that he wants, practically, everything banned. I mean, what in existence doesn't change the mind? He surely needs to annihilate all brains in existence if he has any chance of achieving this lofty goal, or the minds can become altered before any sort of legislation. Legislation against alteration of the mind.

Children will have a difficult time considering theirs changes so much more often than adults'...

He'll have to ban school and education then because learning also changes the mind.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2015, 10:45 am

It's not so uncommon for someone to believe they've found the root of all the world's problems in one thing and go on a campaign over it. Some people believe the same way about capitalism, some people believe the same thing about everyone who's not of their particular religious sect. Thankfully, for whatever reason between some latent intelligence and some ennui, most people don't bite on it at least in the west.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2015, 6:59 pm

Being a civil servant, doesn't make you a lawmaker.

Opinions are like a***holes. Except there are rules for civil servant, acting in a official capacity.

Is he a civil servant or an elected politician?

If you post something like this, at at least supply the details so we can Judge for ourselves.

Mootoo
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2015, 3:02 am

www.harrogateadvertiser.co.uk/news/loca ... -1-7140415 - is the related issue. For the Today programme one would need to dig through its archives and find the exact time of the interview (slightly before I posted this).

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2015, 5:19 am

That guy's BS would never fly here. In Canada, we love our beer, and we love our coffee as well. If someone tried taking those things away from me, they'd have to take them from my cold, dead hands.

jkrane
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2016, 2:11 pm

Mootoo wrote:

Hitler was one of the biggest drug addicts of all time. His ill health and insatiable appetite for methamphetamine, administered by his doctor (who he called his best friend), was what lost him the war. Even some of his top SS buddies thought the doctor was a plant by the allied forces to try and kill Hitler.

Cocaine too.

http://www.historyextra.com/feature/sec ... ok-cocaine

https://www.rt.com/news/314902-hitler-d ... tion-book/

Hitler f-ing LOVED drugs.

The guy you're thinking about sounds like that murderous psycho Rodrigo Dutuerte

jkrane
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2016, 2:12 pm

mr_bigmouth_502 wrote:
That guy's BS would never fly here. In Canada, we love our beer, and we love our coffee as well. If someone tried taking those things away from me, they'd have to take them from my cold, dead hands.

We like our weed too...lol. Cannabis use per capita in Canada is one of the highest, if not the highest in the developed world.