Can Homosexuality and the Christian Faith Exist Together?

Page 11 of 12 [ 186 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2015, 2:34 pm

evilsithwraith666 wrote:
I don't think homosexuality is compatible with Christianity because of the inherent sexual negativity imbedded in the monotheistic faiths. You can't edit the bible to suite your political ends( like you were able to several centuries ago), so to be a "Christian" while homosexual means that you are rejecting a long-standing( albeit bigoted) tenet of the Christian faith. Thus you would not be a Christian, just a person having "Christian" values.

I agree that Christianity has become a religion of bigots.

Regards
DL

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2015, 2:38 pm

trollcatman wrote:
I am not a Christian, but I don't think that homosexual acts are any more sinful in Christianity than for example heterosexual sex outside of marriage or any of the other sins. People are saved through their acceptance of Christ and not because they committed fewer sins than other people.

Sure but a gay accepting Christ would mean not being able to love others as that person would wish to and that is why the homophobic religions should be shunned. Christianity and Islam, when it comes to gays, are anti-love and should be rejected by all moral people.

Regards
DL

trollcatman
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2015, 4:27 pm

GnosticBishop wrote:
trollcatman wrote:
I am not a Christian, but I don't think that homosexual acts are any more sinful in Christianity than for example heterosexual sex outside of marriage or any of the other sins. People are saved through their acceptance of Christ and not because they committed fewer sins than other people.

Sure but a gay accepting Christ would mean not being able to love others as that person would wish to and that is why the homophobic religions should be shunned. Christianity and Islam, when it comes to gays, are anti-love and should be rejected by all moral people.

Regards
DL

(first off, I'm not religious and I don't believe in sin, but I'm trying to see it from a Christian perspective)

In Christianity we are all sinful, and everyone commits sins. It's the singling out of gay people that I don't get. Jesus even takes the thief with him to heaven, he was likely a sinner (as everyone is) and he also broke the commandment of not stealing. Lots of people masturbate or have sex outside of marriage, in many countries with Christians that is the norm. Even though 90% of people masturbate or do the naughty before marriage (guesstimate) they are generally forgotten by the loud anti-gay Christians.

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2015, 4:39 pm

trollcatman wrote:
GnosticBishop wrote:
trollcatman wrote:

Regards
DL

(first off, I'm not religious and I don't believe in sin, but I'm trying to see it from a Christian perspective)

In Christianity we are all sinful, and everyone commits sins. It's the singling out of gay people that I don't get. Jesus even takes the thief with him to heaven, he was likely a sinner (as everyone is) and he also broke the commandment of not stealing. Lots of people masturbate or have sex outside of marriage, in many countries with Christians that is the norm. Even though 90% of people masturbate or do the naughty before marriage (guesstimate) they are generally forgotten by the loud anti-gay Christians.

Gays are singled out because they are few and are an easy target.

The churches are like their Gods.

"Whoever imagines himself a favorite with God,
holds other people in contempt.
Whenever a man believes that he has the exact truth from God,
there is in that man no spirit of compromise.
He has not the modesty born of the imperfections of human nature;
he has the arrogance of theological certainty and the tyranny born of ignorant assurance.
Believing himself to be the slave of God,
he imitates his master,
and of all tyrants,
the worst is a slave in power."
--Robert Ingersoll

Regards
DL

KimD
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2015, 4:51 pm

"Even though 90% of people masturbate or do the naughty before marriage (guesstimate) they are generally forgotten by the loud anti-gay Christians." --trollcatman

Some religions/subsets of religions are experts at selectively interpreting and applying their own texts, and ironically, they're often the very same people who insist that those books are in pristine condition, utterly intact (never mind the "chapters" that were rejected at the start), absolutely unaltered from their original source, which is supposedly god, rather the hands of mere mortals.

GnosticBishop: I am becoming such a fan of Ingersoll's. When I read a passage of his about the problems with a supposedly loving god sending his children to hell, I felt as if the man had reached right into my head--and my heart! Thanks for the bit that you quoted.

Bataar
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2015, 9:55 pm

trollcatman wrote:
GnosticBishop wrote:
trollcatman wrote:

Regards
DL

You are correct, lots of people have sex outside of marriage and masturbate and those are all sins. There's really no difference between them at all. The biggest difference is that it's simply not as obvious. Any sexual activity outside of marriage is a sin. I've already explained why, from a Catholic perspective, gays cannot get married and it has nothing to do with discrimination or bigotry.

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2015, 8:03 am

Kim

Wisdom is found in diverse places.

If people only look to the bible, they will never reach wisdom.

Regards
DL

DentArthurDent
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2015, 8:29 am

In answer to the OP; no they can't. Christianity, like nearly every religion, bases itself on narrow ideals of what it means to be human. And as such is bigoted toward a great many people and behaviors. Heck like most religions it demeans fully 50% of the worlds population based on their gender.

"Religion is the impotence of the human mind to deal with occurrences it cannot understand" Karl Marx

trollcatman
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2015, 11:01 am

DentArthurDent wrote:
In answer to the OP; no they can't. Christianity, like nearly every religion, bases itself on narrow ideals of what it means to be human. And as such is bigoted toward a great many people and behaviors. Heck like most religions it demeans fully 50% of the worlds population based on their gender.

I think it's possible to be homosexual and Christian. It means you need to be celibate or it will be a sin, but then Christians commit sins all the time so they just have to have faith in Jesus to save them.

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2015, 12:02 pm

trollcatman wrote:
DentArthurDent wrote:

I think it's possible to be homosexual and Christian. It means you need to be celibate or it will be a sin, but then Christians commit sins all the time so they just have to have faith in Jesus to save them.

Except that the substitutionary atonement that Christians are relying on is quite immoral and no God would propose such immoral beliefs.

Regards
DL

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2015, 1:22 pm

Bataar wrote:
trollcatman wrote:
GnosticBishop wrote:
trollcatman wrote:

Regards
DL

You are correct, lots of people have sex outside of marriage and masturbate and those are all sins. There's really no difference between them at all. The biggest difference is that it's simply not as obvious. Any sexual activity outside of marriage is a sin. I've already explained why, from a Catholic perspective, gays cannot get married and it has nothing to do with discrimination or bigotry.

And that still doesn't change THE FACT that many Catholic Priests are gay and practicing gay homosexual acts in the closet or not.

The hypocrisy of the Catholic Church in this FACT, IS BOTH IGNORANT AND HIGHLY AMUSING, as it is crystal clear to see 'WHO' is gay in the pulpit and who is not; particularly when they get caught in gay bars; not thinking that family members of the congregation who wouldn't step foot in any hypocritical institution catch them there with their desires fully employed, as they naturally are made by GOD.

The emperor has no clothes and neither do frigging gay priests.

Chances are pretty good that your priest is gay, and is doing the so-called 'nasty' with some other priest, deacon or member of congregation behind closed 'closet' doors, whether or not it ever gets exposed like the pedophilia has for another segment of the CATHOLIC PRIEST population who is actually sick in real sorted ways of sexual behavior in actually harming kids.

Seriously, the Catholic Church has already had 'their pants pulled down', in front of the whole world, and no doubt the 'REAL GOD OF KARMA WAITS UNTIL NOW' TO EXPOSE THESE SORTED behaviors for the entire world to see AS KARMA REPENTANCE, IF YOU WILL...

But meanwhile, you can dream on as much as you like to think that homosexual priests are not full children of GOD either...

And GOD will be smiling and laughing with and at you the whole way, as the GOD OF NATURE OFTEN HAS A POWERFUL SENSE OF 'IRONIC HUMOR' FOR THOSE WITH REAL 'free deep GOD eyes' to 'see'...

Oh Lord, the TRUTH AND LIGHT OF THE GOD OF NATURE IS SO EASY TO 'SEE' AND LIVE RATHER THAN
DARK AND LIES AND GUILT FOR NO SINS AT ALL.

THE REAL so-called GNOSTIC JESUS SIMPLY Comes TO TELL FOLKS THEY ARE NEVER SINNERS
FROM the get go, as all free children of the all Natural FREE GOD...

THE price for feeling differently is simply guilt, misery, and suffering, for those who are blinded from or refuse to see the truth and light of the SAME GOD OF NATURE THAT THE SO-CALLED GNOSTIC JESUS DESCRIBES AROUND 2K YEARS AGO...

THAT LIGHT AND TRUTH DOES NOT CHANGE BEFORE OR AFTER THEN; AS NATURE NEVER LIES, NOR DO HIPS OR EYES EXPRESSED IN WHATEVER SEXUAL ORIENTATION THAT COMES IN, BABY..;)

But meanwhile the rest of the world is sitting back and giggling until the Catholic Church gets their GOD stuff all straightened out, per the same GOD of Nature that the so-called real Gnostic Jesus IS TALKING ABOUT THEN, AND
NOW PER THE LINK 'wRITE' 'hear' for those with 'eyes' WHO see the all natural FREE GOD;

THAT lives in humans stronger or weaker, depending on the relative human free will of each human being, as sons and daughters of GOD, no different than Jesus; just weaker or stronger sons and daughters of GOD; again, depending on relative free Human will; that needs no book or religion to become employed as fuller sons and daughters and 'soldiers' of GOD IN NOW.

This is seriously amusing and TRULY sad, my friend;

For anyone to be trapped by a book or a religion alone, TO MORE FULLY HAVE THE POTENTIAL EVENTUAL OPPORTUNITY TO BE MORE FULLY REBORN AS A SON OR DAUGHTER OR ALL THE GENDER SPECTRUMS AND SEXUAL ORIENTATIONS THAT COMES IN, ALL NATURALLY TOO, BY THE THE GREAtest force of creation aka GOD living within us, MORE FULLY NOW, EXPRESSED AS SUCH IN METAPHOR OF SPIRIT BY METAPHOR OF A HEART AND SOUL, more fully employed by the creative force OF GOD expressed as Spirit in human aka GOD.

Anything less, by standards of the so-called Gnostic Jesus is simply Anti-Christ; and that is your choice and yours to deal with in Karma with God, if you continue to harm folks with these mis-truths; yes, mistruths, as science clearly shows they are now, by abundant evidence that homosexuality, at least in part is

IN GOD GIVEN genetics; and making priests be single certainly isn't helping for the bi-sexual priests who might choose women, if men are not such an easily available commodity for sex, and don't think it's not happening now, if my Grandfather who was a priest, witnessed promiscuous priest behavior, in the first of last century in the seminaries, then.

The whole thing is both ignorant and sickening that folks have to hide their GOD given natures like this.

HAha! but change is possible, and It will happen if the Catholic Church wants to stay in 'business', in the long-term,
of an enlightening and awakening world all around it; YES, INCLUDING THE FRIGGING CONGREGATION; just like all the other backwards ignorant ways of Fundie RUN, Christian Churches.

And yes, it is already happening, as already noted by me in this thread, where me and my more open-minded Catholic Monsignor nipped it IN the bud, AT THE CATHOLIC church I am visiting now for 19 months or so, without missing a Sunday; we, together, killed the homophobic behavior of deacons, in two clear shots of wise words.

Freedom is contagious; and ignorance will die, when TRUTH AND LIGHT IS NOT CENSORED; LIKE IT OR NOT; THAT IS WHAT IS HAPPENING ALL AROUND 'YOU', 'WrITE' NOW..;)

The strong of free will survive and the weak of imprisoned minds, hearts, souls, and spirits, will fall by the way-side of rocky roads, AND 'SIDEWALKS OF ROBOT WALKING';

NOT fertilized with the garden of Unconditional Love of LiGHT that can be MORE FULLY human IN POTENTIAL, if properly nurtured and fed with the gifts of GOD inherent,

IN INSTINCTUALLY AND INTUITIVELY FREE, STRONG, UNCONDITIONALLY LOVING HUMAN BEINGS, IN FREE VERSE DANCE OF LIFE, FTW, IN THE LITERAL KINGDOM OF HEAVEN 'RIGHT' NOW,

IN FLOWING AND LETTING GO ALL THE DOUBT, GUILT, AND FEAR, IN LIFE THAT MAKES HATE the anti-christ DARK WAY; a truly sad alternate reality of literal HUMAN HELL, NOW ON EARTH.

I live in the Kingdom of Heaven, NOW, as just another FREE CHILD of GOD; your choice for the rest OR NOT; BUT 'YOU' STILL MAKE A CHOICE of wHERE 'YOU' CHOOSE TO LIVE...:)

http://www.sacred-texts.com/chr/thomas.htm

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

evilsithwraith666
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

28 Apr 2015, 2:50 pm

GnosticBishop wrote:
evilsithwraith666 wrote:
I don't think homosexuality is compatible with Christianity because of the inherent sexual negativity imbedded in the monotheistic faiths. You can't edit the bible to suite your political ends( like you were able to several centuries ago), so to be a "Christian" while homosexual means that you are rejecting a long-standing( albeit bigoted) tenet of the Christian faith. Thus you would not be a Christian, just a person having "Christian" values.

Regards
DL

become?

Bataar
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2015, 3:51 pm

aghogday wrote:
Bataar wrote:
trollcatman wrote:
GnosticBishop wrote:
trollcatman wrote:

Regards
DL

And that still doesn't change THE FACT that many Catholic Priests are gay and practicing gay homosexual acts in the closet or not.

The hypocrisy of the Catholic Church in this FACT, IS BOTH IGNORANT AND HIGHLY AMUSING, as it is crystal clear to see 'WHO' is gay in the pulpit and who is not; particularly when they get caught in gay bars; not thinking that family members of the congregation who wouldn't step foot in any hypocritical institution catch them there with their desires fully employed, as they naturally are made by GOD.

Chances are pretty good that your priest is gay, and is doing the so-called 'nasty' with some other priest, deacon or member of congregation behind closed 'closet' doors, whether or not it ever gets exposed like the pedophilia has for another segment of the CATHOLIC PRIEST population who is actually sick in real sorted ways of sexual behavior in actually harming kids.

Seriously, the Catholic Church has already had 'their pants pulled down', in front of the whole world, and no doubt the 'REAL GOD OF KARMA WAITS UNTIL NOW' TO EXPOSE THESE SORTED behaviors for the entire world to see AS KARMA REPENTANCE, IF YOU WILL...

But meanwhile, you can dream on as much as you like to think that homosexual priests are not full children of GOD either...

And GOD will be smiling and laughing with and at you the whole way, as the GOD OF NATURE OFTEN HAS A POWERFUL SENSE OF 'IRONIC HUMOR' FOR THOSE WITH REAL 'free deep GOD eyes' to 'see'...

Oh Lord, the TRUTH AND LIGHT OF THE GOD OF NATURE IS SO EASY TO 'SEE' AND LIVE RATHER THAN

THE REAL so-called GNOSTIC JESUS SIMPLY Comes TO TELL FOLKS THEY ARE NEVER SINNERS

THE price for feeling differently is simply guilt, misery, and suffering, for those who are blinded from or refuse to see the truth and light of the SAME GOD OF NATURE THAT THE SO-CALLED GNOSTIC JESUS DESCRIBES AROUND 2K YEARS AGO...

THAT LIGHT AND TRUTH DOES NOT CHANGE BEFORE OR AFTER THEN; AS NATURE NEVER LIES, NOR DO HIPS OR EYES EXPRESSED IN WHATEVER SEXUAL ORIENTATION THAT COMES IN, BABY..;)

But meanwhile the rest of the world is sitting back and giggling until the Catholic Church gets their GOD stuff all straightened out, per the same GOD of Nature that the so-called real Gnostic Jesus IS TALKING ABOUT THEN, AND
NOW PER THE LINK 'wRITE' 'hear' for those with 'eyes' WHO see the all natural FREE GOD;

THAT lives in humans stronger or weaker, depending on the relative human free will of each human being, as sons and daughters of GOD, no different than Jesus; just weaker or stronger sons and daughters of GOD; again, depending on relative free Human will; that needs no book or religion to become employed as fuller sons and daughters and 'soldiers' of GOD IN NOW.

For anyone to be trapped by a book or a religion alone, TO MORE FULLY HAVE THE POTENTIAL EVENTUAL OPPORTUNITY TO BE MORE FULLY REBORN AS A SON OR DAUGHTER OR ALL THE GENDER SPECTRUMS AND SEXUAL ORIENTATIONS THAT COMES IN, ALL NATURALLY TOO, BY THE THE GREAtest force of creation aka GOD living within us, MORE FULLY NOW, EXPRESSED AS SUCH IN METAPHOR OF SPIRIT BY METAPHOR OF A HEART AND SOUL, more fully employed by the creative force OF GOD expressed as Spirit in human aka GOD.

Anything less, by standards of the so-called Gnostic Jesus is simply Anti-Christ; and that is your choice and yours to deal with in Karma with God, if you continue to harm folks with these mis-truths; yes, mistruths, as science clearly shows they are now, by abundant evidence that homosexuality, at least in part is

IN GOD GIVEN genetics; and making priests be single certainly isn't helping for the bi-sexual priests who might choose women, if men are not such an easily available commodity for sex, and don't think it's not happening now, if my Grandfather who was a priest, witnessed promiscuous priest behavior, in the first of last century in the seminaries, then.

The whole thing is both ignorant and sickening that folks have to hide their GOD given natures like this.

HAha! but change is possible, and It will happen if the Catholic Church wants to stay in 'business', in the long-term,
of an enlightening and awakening world all around it; YES, INCLUDING THE FRIGGING CONGREGATION; just like all the other backwards ignorant ways of Fundie RUN, Christian Churches.

And yes, it is already happening, as already noted by me in this thread, where me and my more open-minded Catholic Monsignor nipped it IN the bud, AT THE CATHOLIC church I am visiting now for 19 months or so, without missing a Sunday; we, together, killed the homophobic behavior of deacons, in two clear shots of wise words.

Freedom is contagious; and ignorance will die, when TRUTH AND LIGHT IS NOT CENSORED; LIKE IT OR NOT; THAT IS WHAT IS HAPPENING ALL AROUND 'YOU', 'WrITE' NOW..;)

The strong of free will survive and the weak of imprisoned minds, hearts, souls, and spirits, will fall by the way-side of rocky roads, AND 'SIDEWALKS OF ROBOT WALKING';

NOT fertilized with the garden of Unconditional Love of LiGHT that can be MORE FULLY human IN POTENTIAL, if properly nurtured and fed with the gifts of GOD inherent,

IN INSTINCTUALLY AND INTUITIVELY FREE, STRONG, UNCONDITIONALLY LOVING HUMAN BEINGS, IN FREE VERSE DANCE OF LIFE, FTW, IN THE LITERAL KINGDOM OF HEAVEN 'RIGHT' NOW,

IN FLOWING AND LETTING GO ALL THE DOUBT, GUILT, AND FEAR, IN LIFE THAT MAKES HATE the anti-christ DARK WAY; a truly sad alternate reality of literal HUMAN HELL, NOW ON EARTH.

I live in the Kingdom of Heaven, NOW, as just another FREE CHILD of GOD; your choice for the rest OR NOT; BUT 'YOU' STILL MAKE A CHOICE of wHERE 'YOU' CHOOSE TO LIVE...:)

I am not sure what point you are trying to make. There are homosexual priests who act on their urges just as there are homosexual priests who keep their vows. There are heterosexual priests who act on their urges just as there are heterosexual priests who keep their vows. Either way, be it gay or straight, if they are breaking these vows, they are committing grave sin. There is no hypocracy. Yes, lots of people, including people who claim to be Catholic sin and violate church teaching. That's on them as individuals and does not discredit the teaching itself. No one is perfect and everyone will sin. That's why we can seek forgiveness.

KimD
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2015, 9:13 pm

GnosticBishop wrote:
Kim

Wisdom is found in diverse places.

If people only look to the bible, they will never reach wisdom.

Regards
DL

Yup--that's why I've been looking outside the bible for a few decades now. It's been wonderful, but it's painful to see how some people, rather than being "enlightened" by their faith, become bound in it and blinded by it. I suppose that's nothing new, though--Star-Bellied Sneetches existed long before Dr. Seuss wrote about them! :wink:

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2015, 11:46 pm

Bataar wrote:
aghogday wrote:
Bataar wrote:
trollcatman wrote:
GnosticBishop wrote:
trollcatman wrote:

Regards
DL

I am not sure what point you are trying to make. There are homosexual priests who act on their urges just as there are homosexual priests who keep their vows. There are heterosexual priests who act on their urges just as there are heterosexual priests who keep their vows. Either way, be it gay or straight, if they are breaking these vows, they are committing grave sin. There is no hypocracy. Yes, lots of people, including people who claim to be Catholic sin and violate church teaching. That's on them as individuals and does not discredit the teaching itself. No one is perfect and everyone will sin. That's why we can seek forgiveness.

YOU HAVEN'T A CLUE,

HUH;

OH GOD;

now that's

not surprising;

sadly enough;

GOD neither makes humans to go to hell;
OR does GOD make Homosexuals
NOT to have sex with the same sex.

IT'S LIKE 1X1=1 IN BASIC
HOMOSEXUAL HUMAN
ANIMAL SEX MATH.

And that's
just common sense.

And the rest of what you are stating is simply driven by the same
homophobic 'rednecks' that live in my area; only difference IS 'they'
wear 'cardinal red' fabulous robes to HAHA! HIDE THEIR
HOMOSEXUALITY; AND truly that's sad as they likely
die with false guilt, and a horrible fear of an
unending death of FIRE AND BRIMSTONE HELL;

And that's the price of mis-truths my friend;
and KARMA TOO; SADLY IT SEEMS AS WELL;
AS THEIR MISTRUTHS HURT OTHER FOLKS
THE SAME WAYS IN MYRIAD OF MULTI-
PLICATION OF THAT REAL 'EVIL'
OF HUMAN MISTRUTHS
AWAY FROM THE
REAL GOD OF
NATURE
TO HARM OTHERS; PER THE
NATURAL SPIRITS THEY ARE
GIFTED WITH BOTH IN
GENDER AND SEXUAL
ORIENTATION.

AND GOD LAUGHS ON; AND I GIGGLE WITH GOD AND THE
'SO-CALLED SMARTS' OF OTHER HUMANS; WHO HAVEN'T
A CLUE HOW TRANSPARENT THEY 'LOOK' TO 'EYES' OF GOD.

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2015, 8:56 am

evilsithwraith666 wrote:
GnosticBishop wrote:
evilsithwraith666 wrote:

Regards
DL

become?

I was being generous.

Regards
DL