Page 5 of 8 [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2015, 10:33 am

AspieUtah wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
AntDog wrote:
As Secretary of State all she did was lie, coverup, and look really ugly and creepy like any politician.

You do know that the whole Benghazi affair was politically motivated, and blown out of proportion. The final Republican report had even stated as such.

Even the "conflicting accounts regarding requests and denials of military aid which might have saved American lives" ( http://www.forbes.com/sites/larrybell/2 ... -to-reason )? When four Americans are murdered, I don't consider a full investigation unnecessary or "out of proportion."

But, Hillary's screeching statement that "what difference, at this point, does it make?!?" tells me all I need to know about who's who and who did what.

But are those conservatives actually concerned about the deaths of those four Americans? Or are they just callously using the dead to score points?

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2015, 10:37 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
But are those conservatives actually concerned about the deaths of those four Americans? Or are they just callously using the dead to score points?

I doubt it. And, I no longer defend political partisans. Are you hoping for some proof of moral equivalency between Republicans and Democrats to negate the scandal?

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

Protogenoi
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2015, 1:06 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
AspieUtah wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
AntDog wrote:
As Secretary of State all she did was lie, coverup, and look really ugly and creepy like any politician.

You do know that the whole Benghazi affair was politically motivated, and blown out of proportion. The final Republican report had even stated as such.

Even the "conflicting accounts regarding requests and denials of military aid which might have saved American lives" ( http://www.forbes.com/sites/larrybell/2 ... -to-reason )? When four Americans are murdered, I don't consider a full investigation unnecessary or "out of proportion."

But, Hillary's screeching statement that "what difference, at this point, does it make?!?" tells me all I need to know about who's who and who did what.

Does that matter? Do the motivations behind an action matter if the action is proper?

Now take a trip with me but don't be surprised when things aren't what they seem. I've known it from the start all these good ideas will tear your brain apart. Scared, but you can follow me. I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die. - a7x

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2015, 5:32 pm

AspieUtah wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

I doubt it. And, I no longer defend political partisans. Are you hoping for some proof of moral equivalency between Republicans and Democrats to negate the scandal?

No, I am not. I believe this is just political posturing to derail Clinton's candidacy, while taking a poke at the President with the corpses of four Americans,and nothing more.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

15 Apr 2015, 11:56 am

How is Hilary qualified to be president? What has she done in her entire life as a public figure that would lend her that credence? She was an awful Secretary of State who accomplished nothing, she was an awful senator who accomplished nothing(other than starting the Iraq War), she has left lies and scandal wherever she has gone. She is the husband of the man that was president when America seemed like it was doing alright, that's it and she couldn't even keep him happy. John Kerry for as bad of a Secretary of State as he has been at least seemingly got this Iran deal done, what was Hilary's accomplishment? Russia reset? Whoops. Arab Spring? Whoops. Benghazi? Whoops. Remember how she was dodging sniper fire in Kosovo? Why would anybody give her the benefit of the doubt about her emails? You think she spent all that money on maintaining private servers and then destroying them because she didn't want us to know her yoga schedule? She did something illegal as the Clintons have been doing for decades. What new idea is she bringing to the table? I don't find personal ambition to be that inspiring.

Benghazi is 100% a legit scandal btw, it probably won't ever get the top blown off it for "national security" reasons but basically the CIA was transferring weapons and fighters out of Libya up to Turkey on to Syria and the rebels in Syria and Libya = Al Qaeda and ISIS. It got our ambassador killed who was illegally using a diplomatic front to aid jihadists, the administration knowing this blamed it on a Youtube video. This won't get talked about because more than just Hillary had their hand in the cookie jar here, instead we'll hear all this whining about who said what when instead of the real reason why they were there.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2015, 2:03 pm

Jacoby wrote:
How is Hilary qualified to be president? What has she done in her entire life as a public figure that would lend her that credence? She was an awful Secretary of State who accomplished nothing, she was an awful senator who accomplished nothing(other than starting the Iraq War), she has left lies and scandal wherever she has gone. She is the husband of the man that was president when America seemed like it was doing alright, that's it and she couldn't even keep him happy. John Kerry for as bad of a Secretary of State as he has been at least seemingly got this Iran deal done, what was Hilary's accomplishment? Russia reset? Whoops. Arab Spring? Whoops. Benghazi? Whoops. Remember how she was dodging sniper fire in Kosovo? Why would anybody give her the benefit of the doubt about her emails? You think she spent all that money on maintaining private servers and then destroying them because she didn't want us to know her yoga schedule? She did something illegal as the Clintons have been doing for decades. What new idea is she bringing to the table? I don't find personal ambition to be that inspiring.

Benghazi is 100% a legit scandal btw, it probably won't ever get the top blown off it for "national security" reasons but basically the CIA was transferring weapons and fighters out of Libya up to Turkey on to Syria and the rebels in Syria and Libya = Al Qaeda and ISIS. It got our ambassador killed who was illegally using a diplomatic front to aid jihadists, the administration knowing this blamed it on a Youtube video. This won't get talked about because more than just Hillary had their hand in the cookie jar here, instead we'll hear all this whining about who said what when instead of the real reason why they were there.

Yet, despite all that, I'd still pick her over Ted Cruz in a heart beat.

Meistersinger
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2015, 2:13 pm

As I have said before on other political threads, I am what they used to call in the south a Yellow Dog Democrat. Nowadays, I think a yellow dog could do a better job at running thic country. (And I'm the same person who also says yellow labs have a shortage of brains.)

SKSFox1999
Raven
Raven

15 Apr 2015, 2:22 pm

I hate Hillary

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2015, 3:27 pm

What is it about Hillary that makes men hate her? My feelings are neutral toward her. I don't see how she merits so much wrath. I don't feel any worse about her than I do Sarah Palin.

I am really surprised people aren't more sympathetic. She's a cuckolded wife who's been cheated on God only knows how many times with the lurid details, some of them, made painfully public.

Protogenoi
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2015, 3:33 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Jacoby wrote:

Yet, despite all that, I'd still pick her over Ted Cruz in a heart beat.

So would anyone in their right mind...

Now take a trip with me but don't be surprised when things aren't what they seem. I've known it from the start all these good ideas will tear your brain apart. Scared, but you can follow me. I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die. - a7x

zer0netgain
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2015, 3:37 pm

Anyone who wants to be president as bad as she does should never be allowed to become president.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2015, 4:40 pm

zer0netgain wrote:
Anyone who wants to be president as bad as she does should never be allowed to become president.

I have to admit I lol when I read this, only because of the ironical element. They all want to be president badly. That's the only way to get elected. The one who wants it badly enough is the one who gets in. Can you name one person who was elected president who didn't badly want for that to happen? Imagine if, during a debate, a candidate said, "You know, I haven't even figured out if I want to be president yet..." Do you think such a candidate stands a chance of winning with an attitude like that?

As opposed to one who says, "More than anything on earth I want to serve you all as your next President of The United States!" You know who people are going to vote for if given the choice between those two statements...

Protogenoi
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2015, 5:15 pm

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
zer0netgain wrote:

I have to admit I lol when I read this, only because of the ironical element. They all want to be president badly. That's the only way to get elected. The one who wants it badly enough is the one who gets in. Can you name one person who was elected president who didn't badly want for that to happen? Imagine if, during a debate, a candidate said, "You know, I haven't even figured out if I want to be president yet..." Do you think such a candidate stands a chance of winning with an attitude like that?

As opposed to one who says, "More than anything on earth I want to serve you all as your next President of The United States!" You know who people are going to vote for if given the choice between those two statements...

I think it was a reference to Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, "Anyone who has the ability to become president should by no means be allowed to do the job."

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2015, 5:18 pm

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
zer0netgain wrote:

Remember Mitt Romney's claim that he didn't really want to run, but felt forced to because of the lackluster candidates?

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2015, 5:29 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
zer0netgain wrote:

Remember Mitt Romney's claim that he didn't really want to run, but felt forced to because of the lackluster candidates?

Well, that certainly didn't help him get elected, did it?

Besides, I don't believe what he says because you would have to want to be president to go to all that trouble. So I believe he did want to run he was just talking bs to look humble or something...anyway, doesn't appear to have helped his campaign.

em_tsuj
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2015, 6:20 pm

If she wins the primary, I will probably vote for her Republican opponent. She couldn't run the State Department, so how can she run the whole Federal Government?