Page 5 of 9 [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Whathappened
Raven
Raven

User avatar

Joined: 17 Aug 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 107
Location: Texas

20 Mar 2015, 10:42 pm

LoveNotHate wrote:
Whathappened wrote:
I don't have money. I'm broke. You're right-too I think if you have money here you can do anything. ... Sadly, I don't.


is that why you are drawn to persecutory conspiracies ?
invisible hands are oppressing you ?



No, the two are completely different (and I'm not persecutory, I think you have that backward). I tried my hand as an insurance agent - and was unsuccessful at it...so now I have to go through the hard times of having little to no money. Persecutory, I don't think so... I don't think the people managing the Fed feel very persecuted :P

I'd be interested to know, what you do for a living? I find it funny several people are picking on a comment I had about being broke earlier - it's very revealing of their character.



Last edited by Whathappened on 20 Mar 2015, 10:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Whathappened
Raven
Raven

User avatar

Joined: 17 Aug 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 107
Location: Texas

20 Mar 2015, 10:52 pm

Fnord wrote:
Aaron Russo was a music manager, film producer, conspiracy theorist, Libertarian politician and activist. He has also been dead for over 7 years. His last film was produced in 2006. His relevancy has waned considerably, since Mr. Obama was elected after Mr. Russo had died, and a lot has happened since then.



I know who he was. That does not - in any way - discredit the testimony of this honest, genuine and truly humanitarian man. He wasn't an activist, he made a couple films specifically about a targeted issue, the issue of federal income tax and the IRS, specifically. A lot of what he said, is still coming to fruition.



LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Oct 2013
Gender: Female
Posts: 6,195
Location: USA

20 Mar 2015, 11:29 pm

Whathappened wrote:
No, the two are completely different (and I'm not persecutory, I think you have that backward). I tried my hand as an insurance agent - and was unsuccessful at it...so now I have to go through the hard times of having little to no money. Persecutory, I don't think so... I don't think the people managing the Fed feel very persecuted :P


The conspiracies you have presented here are all persecutory. For example, you say the "FED" entity is doing secret stuff that harms (persecutes) others.

Your above video cites 'Alex Jones' who is know to tell people that their problems arise from secret entities doing things to persecute them. For example, if you don't have a job, then you can turn into 'Alex' and hear that illegal immigrants are taking your job, or your Congressman misspent some local funds on some hush-hush project, and that is why you are suffering.

"....millions upon millions of illegal immigrants in this country are stealing jobs"
see, http://www.infowars.com/18-facts-prove- ... s-economy/

This gave me the impression that you are one of his audience who tunes in to hear why your life sucks.


Whathappened wrote:
I'd be interested to know, what you do for a living? I find it funny several people are picking on a comment I had about being broke earlier - it's very revealing of their character.


I work in law.



Whathappened
Raven
Raven

User avatar

Joined: 17 Aug 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 107
Location: Texas

20 Mar 2015, 11:42 pm

Oh, then I misunderstood the context of it. I took it to mean something else. Okay, I get it now. I see what you're saying... now that you've explained it differently, the way you first said it definitely came off insulting/patronizing, and the assumptive nature of your whole post was slightly irritating.
Anyway, I don't know. I don't think so. I definitely don't think our government is on our side. I believe that's the dilemma, Americans are used to trusting their government to do the right thing; I don't believe ours does, anymore...


I don't think I'm attracted to these because I feel persecuted. To be honest, the real reason was that I used to read the news a lot, and I'd read the comments sections - often. I'd always find people who seemed intelligent and well spoken referring to some of these things which I had never heard of before, and like most people dismissed them as conspiracy. One day I just said "what the hell" and decided to do some research on some of what these people are talking about.
I found it funny and strange that the same topics would be talked about by different people, in different news sources, all across the world. .. and you aren't hearing any of these things on mainstream news. So that piqued my interest.
I think it's more curiosity than anything else, coupled with fascination and intrigue once I got going. And now its become kind of an obsession, I guess you could say.



Last edited by Whathappened on 20 Mar 2015, 11:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Whathappened
Raven
Raven

User avatar

Joined: 17 Aug 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 107
Location: Texas

20 Mar 2015, 11:46 pm

I'm not a big fan of Alex Jones, btw.. and have not ever "tuned into" his show once, but I really did enjoy the interview he did with Russo, which was why I posted it.


I don't believe that by watching the "news" I will be informed of things, really - and I can see how misleading it all really is. And that is something I'm definitely coming around to seeing with more open eyes lately.



Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 6 Jan 2011
Gender: Female
Posts: 31,629
Location: Somewhere in Colorado

21 Mar 2015, 12:47 am

Whathappened wrote:
Feminism - as a political movement- is Not the result of industrialization; feminism started as a political movement and as such, political movements have ulterior motives generally speaking than what we see at face value. This is all of politics. These "identity politics" were all based on a premise of "oppression". Whether that oppression exists or not in actuality is up for discussion, but many have argued that it didn't exist...that it was a manufactured issue - just like many identity politics are.


Some of the comments I'm seeing, actually prove to what level in society these things are manifesting and have permanently altered the way people are thinking.

I don't think women are oppressed, many women don't think that they're oppressed. But they're told they are, and from a very young age, and that's the narrative. Totally false.





As far as that poster claiming western values are not Christian values - really? We have two thousand years that says it is, versus your last 60 years or so of post modern BS that says it isn't, and insane social engineering that is completely ruining the Western Hemisphere.

I would advise him/her to watch the video I posted.


Also, if you want to hurry the process along, and can't wait for the end results; catch a plane to Russia and go visit the sites of Russian gulags, or how about Mao's China....maybe you'd like to read about the "utopia" Lenin created when he manufactured a famine which killed tens of millions of his own people....all so that they could live in peaceful egalitarian harmony with one another, and sing kumbaya. The people of Eastern Europe had a term for those in the west being indoctrinated by communist philosophies and didn't know the end result; useful idiots. Ask any of these people or their parents or grandparents old enough to remember life events, and they'll share with you about the Utopia you are so eagerly seeking.


What you fail to realize is the hell that was the Soviet Union is not the Utopia people with communist leanings are seeking...that was Totalitarian psedo-communism, it never became a classless society where everyone had wealth equality which is what proper communism is.


_________________
Fascism is a disease.


Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 May 2008
Gender: Male
Posts: 45,397
Location: Stendec

21 Mar 2015, 8:45 am

Whathappened wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Aaron Russo was a music manager, film producer, conspiracy theorist, Libertarian politician and activist. He has also been dead for over 7 years. His last film was produced in 2006. His relevancy has waned considerably, since Mr. Obama was elected after Mr. Russo had died, and a lot has happened since then.
I know who he was. That does not - in any way - discredit the testimony of this honest, genuine and truly humanitarian man. He wasn't an activist, he made a couple films specifically about a targeted issue, the issue of federal income tax and the IRS, specifically. A lot of what he said, is still coming to fruition.
Actually, being a conspiracy theorist discredits his 'testimony' completely.

All that anyone has to do to be considered prophetic these days is to predict a dystopian future, write a book, make a movie, and die.

Aaron Russo and L. Ron Hubbard could have been cut from the same cloth.



Whathappened
Raven
Raven

User avatar

Joined: 17 Aug 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 107
Location: Texas

21 Mar 2015, 4:29 pm

Lol. Not even!! ! L. Ron Hubbard was a nutcase!! !! ! lmao.Please don't compare L Ron Hubbard to Aaron Russo... I realize for you that is quite difficult. The guy was talking about aliens from other planets etc.



Not even in the same category. Aaron Russo gives honest testimony. Maybe the comparison makes sense (in your mind), but please- don't extrapolate that to the rest of us :P !



Whathappened
Raven
Raven

User avatar

Joined: 17 Aug 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 107
Location: Texas

21 Mar 2015, 4:34 pm

It amazes me in this day and age that people still believe what they are told on television or the media, as gospel truth. Do you think governments don't lie or are corrupt? ....They are. ..

Haha.



The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

User avatar

Joined: 27 Jan 2010
Age: 25
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,458
Location: Reading, England

21 Mar 2015, 6:05 pm

Whathappened wrote:
It amazes me in this day and age that people still believe what they are told on television or the media, as gospel truth. Do you think governments don't lie or are corrupt? ....They are. ..

Haha.

This is a straw man - you are misrepresenting our positions so that you can easily combat them.

Nobody believes everything the government tells them, or everything they see on the TV, or everything they read in the papers. However, the fact of the matter is that even if there is some grand conspiracy, most of the information these sources provide is likely to be accurate, and the bulk of the inaccuracy will be due to incompetence. Any news organisation that solely spewed rubbish would quickly go out of business and/or lose credibility.



drh1138
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

User avatar

Joined: 2 Dec 2012
Gender: Male
Posts: 498

21 Mar 2015, 7:20 pm

The_Walrus wrote:
Any news organisation that solely spewed rubbish would quickly go out of business and/or lose credibility.


With few exceptions, you're right. :lol:



Whathappened
Raven
Raven

User avatar

Joined: 17 Aug 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 107
Location: Texas

22 Mar 2015, 5:38 am

Look - it's not my goal to incite arguments or, argue with people, or- whatever. I don't think I'm crazy, or paranoid ...or any of those things. I don't think I'm a bad guy - and I don't think you are bad people, but I am genuinely concerned with what things I have read about some of the things going on in the world - perhaps I read too much - ...indeed where most people would have turned away because it disturbed them or became too much; that's when I persisted, wanting to know the truth. That's all I want, is to know the truth. Perhaps, I shouldn

It hurts to have people label me a 'conspiracy theorist' and basically attack me...that hurts. This doesn't feel good for me, and I'm pushing myself really hard to deal with and understand these things I am struggling over. I guess....I should understand that it's really hard for people to deal with, and that it will bring a lot of reactions; especially when I'm putting it right in the face of everyone, but that's sort of the point of my post. I think more people need to know about these kinds of things. I'm having difficulty and trouble with all this - and that's why I brought it out in the open; not to be attacked or insulted, but to talk about it and get some support....arguing and fighting is not good, and it's definitely not healthy I don't think. The truth is -I'm scared. Most people feel uncomfortable when they read or see stuff like this- and for good reason..it scares them people because it's subversive and frightening. To think things like this actually exist. This One world government stuff is true evil, if ....indeed it is true. I can't help but think it probably is, after the things I've read, and I don't want to think that...but if it is, then what are we going to do.

I hate thinking about this....but what can we do???

I know it seems totally absurd and bogus, if you haven't looked into it, but if you have - then you might see it's not some science fiction type thing. These are real things happening right here in this world. Instead of just dismissing it - look into it, and then see if you feel the same way, but, at least you will have looked into it, you know?

I'm struggling with all this and that's why I need help with it. I came here for support, maybe I didn't do a good job of stating that outright and came off different than that, but that's - essentially the essence of my post. I think you can kind of glean that from the first one. I don't need to be attacked for my feelings, that's all.

Thanks



The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

User avatar

Joined: 27 Jan 2010
Age: 25
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,458
Location: Reading, England

22 Mar 2015, 9:07 am

drh1138 wrote:
The_Walrus wrote:
Any news organisation that solely spewed rubbish would quickly go out of business and/or lose credibility.


With few exceptions, you're right. :lol:

Even Fox and the Daily Mail have to be basically right about a lot of stuff. Fox aren't reporting that Romney won the election, or that America has been conquered by Chinese jihadi atheist pacifists.



The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

User avatar

Joined: 27 Jan 2010
Age: 25
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,458
Location: Reading, England

22 Mar 2015, 9:50 am

Whathappened wrote:
The truth is -I'm scared. Most people feel uncomfortable when they read or see stuff like this- and for good reason..it scares them people because it's subversive and frightening. To think things like this actually exist. This One world government stuff is true evil, if ....indeed it is true. I can't help but think it probably is, after the things I've read, and I don't want to think that...but if it is, then what are we going to do.

OK then, if you're still worried, then seek out some evidence that you are wrong instead of just evidence that you are right. Then, weigh up the evidence and decide if it is more likely you are right or wrong.

I would recommend this website, which is very good at debunking 9/11 conspiracy theories:
http://www.debunking911.com/

This one is also very good:
http://www.snopes.com/info/whatsnew.asp

And this can be a good jumping on point for concepts of critical thinking generally:
http://rationalwiki.org

May I make a suggestion? Post specific claims that are particularly worrying to you (e.g. "there is evidence that 9/11 was caused by thermite), and we'll show you facts that you might not have considered. Together, we can all work out what we think is true. Sound good?



slenkar
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 25 Apr 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,146
Location: here

22 Mar 2015, 10:08 am

All you have to do is pay attention to realise things are not right:

-no WMD's found in Iraq
-no one has been demoted or punished for the iraq war that was based on faulty information.
How the hell did the intelligence agencies of several western countries reach the WRONG conclusion on WMD's?

-Obamacare forces you to get insurance or pay a fine.
Medical costs have NOT gone down for the average person.
MSNBC was SCREAMING about medical costs before the Affordable care act was passed. Now it has been passed they dont mention outrageous medical costs anymore

-Obama wants to force everyone to vote

-The media creating racial division by focusing on a particular race being shot, when people of all races get shot.

-The revelations of Snowden

-Bailout of the banks that caused the financial crisis (Obama admitted that he was bailing out the banks that caused the crisis on national television)



Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 6 Jan 2011
Gender: Female
Posts: 31,629
Location: Somewhere in Colorado

22 Mar 2015, 12:17 pm

Whathappened wrote:
It amazes me in this day and age that people still believe what they are told on television or the media, as gospel truth. Do you think governments don't lie or are corrupt? ....They are. ..

Haha.


Well duh, but doesn't mean its the commies or marxists are taking over....if anything things are moving in a more fascist direction.


_________________
Fascism is a disease.