Page 5 of 6 [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Inventor
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2015, 10:16 am

cathylynn wrote:
with this verdict, we are basically saying to ISIS, it's fair to kill people. we do.

We have made it quite clear in Iraq and Syria that as the sole Superpower, that we will kill hundreds of thousands for the crime of being born there. ISIS are the sons of the people we slaughtered.

In Afghanistan anyone who could be mistaken for a male of fourteen, or any gathering of people, weddings, funerals, was deemed an enemy combatant.

The ISIS second in command in Iraq was said to be killed when we bombed a Mosque during Friday Prayers. Hundreds of others just happened to be there.

Drones kill suspected terrorists, and all the women and children nearby.

An unknown number of people have been kidnapped, take to black prisons, tortured, held for years, Abu Greb, Gitmo, and many have died.

If this had been happening to your people for decades, you might have another point of view.

If the United States sets the Moral Standard for Earth, we are in deep trouble.

The War on Terror, does seem to only be directed at Islamic people in Islamic countries.

We set the standard that any gathering of people will be bombed.

Sow the wind, reap the whirlwind.

pcuser
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2015, 11:27 am

There is a huge problem with death penalty juries. They only allow people who aren't against the death penalty for the jury pool. That means you only get conservatives who believe the death penalty is a valid tool against crime. Without this requirement, we might get a true jury of our peers. Until then, this will continue unabated...

Fogman
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2015, 12:40 pm

I think it's a mistake that he was sentenced to death due to the fact that he will become a martyr for the jihad a**holes to look up to. -- It would have been better, and much more to sentence him to rot away for the rest of his life in the Colorado supermax, and that way deny him his 70 virgins in paradise upon death.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2015, 1:18 pm

cathylynn wrote:
ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
Fnord wrote:
ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
Yup, saw that on the news. Really surprised a state like MA gave the death penalty. Just shows how repulsed they are by people planting bombs in public spaces.
It was a federal trial, not a state trial. Federal law allows for capital punishment, while Massachusets law does not.

In this case, I think death by stoning would be appropriate.

Wasn't the jury made up of people from MA? They chose the death penalty. That surprised me.

they disqualified from jury duty on this case anyone who opposed the death penalty, so the jury did not represent Massachusetts well.

I can understand why since it is a federal case, and federally the death penalty applies. From my own jury duty I learned you have to work within the structure of the law. So, one of the qualifications for jurors in this particular trial is they would need to be okay with giving the death penalty. If I were in this jury pool I would have been disqualified because I do not support the death penalty.

Regarding the jury I was on, the defense attorney asked us if we thought drug crimes deserved jail time and if we had problems sending someone to prison over drugs. Some of us did, some of us did not. There was even one person who thought those convicted on drug charges should spend the rest of their lives in prison.

Anyone who thought no prison time for drugs was disqualified.

NobodyKnows
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2015, 9:25 pm

Inventor wrote:
In Afghanistan anyone who could be mistaken for a male of fourteen, or any gathering of people, weddings, funerals, was deemed an enemy combatant.

Oh, and while we were building schools for girls there, we did absolutely zip to help boys being molested by bacha bazi. It's pretty hard to say 'don't look at us - we're just deferring to the local culture' in the latter case when we took big risks in the former to assert our morals (like offending the locals, strengthening the Taliban and getting our GIs killed in the process).

RhodyStruggle
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2015, 9:15 am

Tsarnaev was a goddamn hero, and I'm looking forward to the retributory attacks that will inevitably follow from his execution. And I'm not even a muslim. You don't have to be one, to think that it is heroic to bring the wars and atrocities directly to the soft-living American taxpayer scum who are so are happy to visit the same upon others.

A burden discerned in the blood you taste

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2015, 5:16 pm

RhodyStruggle wrote:
Tsarnaev was a goddamn hero, and I'm looking forward to the retributory attacks that will inevitably follow from his execution. And I'm not even a muslim. You don't have to be one, to think that it is heroic to bring the wars and atrocities directly to the soft-living American taxpayer scum who are so are happy to visit the same upon others.

So this means you support ISIL who routinely engage in human trafficking, torture and murder? Believe me Americans are not happy to visit the same upon others. Americans would be grateful if people could sort out their problems in a democratic, non violent, diplomatic way that did not involve violence. Most Americans do not support these wars until they figure there are no other ways to resolve it and feel threatened.

progaspie
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2015, 5:34 pm

cathylynn wrote:
with this verdict, we are basically saying to ISIS, it's fair to kill people. we do.

No we're not. We are humanly putting down a monster who was tried by a civilian court, for the senseless killing of an innocent six year old child and the maiming of several adults at a public event. There is no connection to ISIS other than the imbecilic ramblings of a sick pervert who was accepted with open arms by the U.S. as a child, given the benefits of a free society including education and the opportunity to work and contribute to society, but who chose instead to butcher innocent people including children, some of whom may have shared his same religious background.

Janissy
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2015, 5:37 pm

RhodyStruggle wrote:

What exactly is heroic about setting off bombs that kill and maim people who are just there to watch a race?

progaspie
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2015, 6:06 pm

Inventor wrote:
cathylynn wrote:

We have made it quite clear in Iraq and Syria that as the sole Superpower, that we will kill hundreds of thousands for the crime of being born there. ISIS are the sons of the people we slaughtered.

The ISIS second in command in Iraq was said to be killed when we bombed a Mosque during Friday Prayers. Hundreds of others just happened to be there.

Drones kill suspected terrorists, and all the women and children nearby.

An unknown number of people have been kidnapped, take to black prisons, tortured, held for years, Abu Greb, Gitmo, and many have died.

If this had been happening to your people for decades, you might have another point of view.

If the United States sets the Moral Standard for Earth, we are in deep trouble.

The War on Terror, does seem to only be directed at Islamic people in Islamic countries.

We set the standard that any gathering of people will be bombed.

Sow the wind, reap the whirlwind.

The basic cause of all the problems in the Middle East and most of Africa, is that those countries have been ruled by murderous dictators for generations. The problem is not religion. Indonesia is the largest Muslim country in the world and doesn't have the same problems the Middle East has. The U.S. Should be commended for at least attempting to solve the problem in the Middle East while most other nations have been turning a blind eye. To accuse the U.S. of murder is totally irresponsible and mischievous and is a total misreading of the situation in the Middle East. I have always thought Americans would be better served in its education system teaching more World history and less about the civil war and U.S. Presidents. They would then have a better understanding of what is going on in the Middle East.

RhodyStruggle
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2015, 9:38 pm

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
RhodyStruggle wrote:

So this means you support ISIL who routinely engage in human trafficking, torture and murder? Believe me Americans are not happy to visit the same upon others. Americans would be grateful if people could sort out their problems in a democratic, non violent, diplomatic way that did not involve violence. Most Americans do not support these wars until they figure there are no other ways to resolve it and feel threatened.

Tell it to someone who wasn't a victim of state-sponsored human trafficking right here in the good ol' USA.

RhodyStruggle
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2015, 9:54 pm

Janissy wrote:
RhodyStruggle wrote:

What exactly is heroic about setting off bombs that kill and maim people who are just there to watch a race?

Throwing away your own life just to see that for just one day, the fat and stupid beneficiaries of America's violence projected around the globe have it visited back upon them. I can see how people would think that heroic.

"A goddamn hero" is, at least on my part, hyperbole. But due to the American taxpayers' decision to have me incarcerated without due process, drugged, interrogated, and tortured by a private for-profit subcontractor (the four seniormost officers of which would later be convicted of defrauding state and federal governments via Medicaid billings) under the guise of "treating" me (and without even bothering to diagnose me with autism), I am detached enough from any sense of American identity to view the situation somewhat objectively.

Personally I don't have any strong feelings of any sort in relation to the Boston marathon bombing. But I can understand why some folks would feel positively toward it, might earnestly endorse the sentiment I expressed.

Yugidude1
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

19 May 2015, 11:34 pm

Tsarnaev was a goddamn hero You call that not having strong feelings? I think your definition of strong feelings is flawed.

RhodyStruggle
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2015, 9:20 am

Yugidude1 wrote:
Tsarnaev was a goddamn hero You call that not having strong feelings? I think your definition of strong feelings is flawed.

Please go ahead and look up the definition of "hyperbole".

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2015, 11:32 am

RhodyStruggle wrote:
Yugidude1 wrote:

And you think it's great that others will die when this man dies? Don't you realize others will die because they die. And others because of them. It will just go on and on. Do you praise this cycle?

RhodyStruggle
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2015, 12:06 pm

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
RhodyStruggle wrote:
Yugidude1 wrote:

And you think it's great that others will die when this man dies? Don't you realize others will die because they die. And others because of them. It will just go on and on. Do you praise this cycle?

Well ideally I'd like to see the human species driven to extinction, which would necessarily imply the cessation of that cycle.