Black Police Affirmative Action would serve justice well.

Page 1 of 3 [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2015, 12:42 pm

aghogday wrote:
It really comes down to a question of demographics and math.

The black demographic, per socio-economic issues, greater
percentages of broken families, and other correlated variables
with crime, comprise a greater statistical percentage of crimes
over other ethnic demographics, per example of white.

So obviously, it is more likely that these folks are going
to get shot in the act of a crime, whether or not there
is a mistake or foul play by a fallible human being
named as a police officer, or other named law
enforcement official. TRULY, THERE IS no
evidence that changing the ethnic
demographic of what is known
as law enforcement will reduce
the number of incidents of mistakes
or potential foul play by the named
occupation of law-enforcement, overall.

So in other words, the idea is neither logical
or realistic, as it would be admitting foul play;
and that is never something that is going to happen;
as it would incriminate the whole structure of law enforcement
as is. And additionally, it most definitely would be discrimination
AGAINST WHITES GETTING jobs. WE ALREADY HAVE affirmative
action IN PLACE. REQUIRING a mandate for percentage based on the
ethnic demographic of crimes, is discrimination based on race; and that
is NOT EVER GOING TO HOLD UP TO LEGAL SCRUTINY IN A LAW
OF COURT.

Anyway, perhaps you are playing the role of devil's advocate here; and that's
cool as I most definitely love to do that too; when other folks are afraid to be
controversial; AS that is where where learning takes place
in OUT OF THE BOX
THINKING..;)
BUT NAH; these days out of the box is way out of THE LEAGUE OF MORE FOLKS
IN A TWITTER WORLD OF THINKING EVERYDAY; where science now shows that
the average human being has the attention span of a gold fish; and gold fish do
NOT SWIM VERY DEEP..;)

MORE THAN two lines joined together is AN OH NO I CAN'T DO IT; for many folks
now days. PATIENCE IS VIRTUE LOST; NO DOUBT, IN PART THAT IS CORRELATED
AS WELL WITH TRIGGER HAPPY COPS. PATIENCE REQUIRES PRACTICE PATIENCE PRACTICE.

And that is part of what I do here; practice for me; whether others learn from THAT OR NOT..;)

LIKE BRUCE LEE SAYS; I DO NOT EXPECT ONE TO MEET OR EXCEED THE EXPECTATIONS FOR MYSELF.

And there we come back full circle to gnosticism; human potential in reflecting GOD; and whether
or not we should allow others to hold us back in shining our TRUTH AND Light of GOD no matter how
BRIGHT OR WORDY; or LOUD A 'LiON' MAY BE; in both feats of strength, intellect, AND ART;

FRIEND,

WITH

smiles of course..:)

"And additionally, it most definitely would be discrimination
AGAINST WHITES GETTING jobs."

Exactly the point of initiating A A.

To redress the fact that whites have been discriminating against blacks and shaking the whites out of their denial stupor so that they can recognize the injustice they have been subjecting the black to.

Fighting fire with fire is a handy way to end fires sometimes.

Regards
DL

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2015, 12:50 pm

slenkar wrote:
If there was a majority white area that had mostly black cops, and someone suggested that we need more white cops in that area....
the thread would be locked,
the person posting the thread would lose their job if their employer found out,
the person posting the thread would be banned from the forum.

Also it was said in this thread that black people are the majority of people killed by cops, well the media tends to cover those cases more but to prove that statement you would have to get some stats.

I disagree with most of what you put.

That aside. Here are some stats.
http://www.cnn.com/2014/12/02/politics/ ... index.html

Regards
DL

P.S. If you want to experiment we can choose a site and test your theory.
We would have to pick one where we would not mind being thrown out.
I have a real right wing site if you want to put your O.P. there. PM me if you want it.

Cash__
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2015, 1:34 pm

It was reported that the Baltimore police department is predominately African Amercian. So perhaps the issue here isn't racial.

slenkar
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2015, 1:46 pm

GnosticBishop wrote:
slenkar wrote:
If there was a majority white area that had mostly black cops, and someone suggested that we need more white cops in that area....

Also it was said in this thread that black people are the majority of people killed by cops, well the media tends to cover those cases more but to prove that statement you would have to get some stats.

Regards
DL

I have a real right wing site if you want to put your O.P. there. PM me if you want it.

A right wing site wouldn't lock the thread of course.
O'Reillys stats came from the CDC and Kristol's stats came from propublica.

Quote:
The problem, experts say, is that the United States doesn't collect accurate statistics and verify nearly enough information to show definitive trends in police shootings.

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2015, 3:28 pm

Cash__ wrote:
It was reported that the Baltimore police department is predominately African Amercian. So perhaps the issue here isn't racial.

Well, if you do not see a 20 to 1 kill ratio of blacks to each white kill then there is not a thing I can tell you t convince you that this is a racial issue.

Even your president is calling it that.

Those of your mind set are a part of the problem an not a part of the solution.

You are white. Right?

Regards
DL

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2015, 3:32 pm

slenkar wrote:
GnosticBishop wrote:
slenkar wrote:

Regards
DL

A right wing site wouldn't lock the thread of course.
O'Reillys stats came from the CDC and Kristol's stats came from propublica.

Quote:
The problem, experts say, is that the United States doesn't collect accurate statistics and verify nearly enough information to show definitive trends in police shootings.

I thought you meant that the right would ban the idea. But if you want to go to a left site, then the offer is still on the table although you will have to suggest the site. I do not know a left leaning site.

Regards
DL

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2015, 3:41 pm

GnosticBishop wrote:
sly279 wrote:
wait so ____ represent high number of criminals so hire more of them as cops. o.O

foxes kill more of my chickens. so I hired foxes as guard dogs for the chickens.

not saying in areas where blacks make up more of the majority they should have more black cops, though you run into they don't want to be cops problem. but the logic of if a group of people make up a lot of criminals then hire that group makes no sense.

people still get upset at black cops. it makes no difference color of the skin. they hate cops. cops are the enemy regardless of their race.

here we don't have race problems, but the general feeling among people are cops are the enemy. people don't' trust cops anymore and cops are too quick to go full force.

Do you always start a conversation by distorting what the other said?

You may have said something intelligent later but I did not bother looking as I have no time to rephrase the garbage you spew.

Do nothing and keep your ghettos forever. That is much better. Not. Fool.

Regards
DL

GnosticBishop wrote:

In light of Black over-representation in the criminal element, to have the same over-representation in the police forces would be the logical and intelligent thing to expect of a rational, and justice seeking people and society.

said the same thing you'd do just not as fancy. so no i didn't distort you. you saisd the plice should ahve the same race make up of the criminal element in that area. I don't think you should bases a police force off of what the criminal race element is. rather it should naturally be be based off what the population his via the population willingly becoming police.
GnosticBishop wrote:

To redress the fact that whites have been discriminating against blacks and shaking the whites out of their denial stupor so that they can recognize the injustice they have been subjecting the black to.

Regards
DL

yep theres a giant conspiracy against blacks and every white person is in on it.

eye for an ey. but then the whites will want pay back against the blacks, then the blacks again against the whites and so and and so on.

so yeah get those whites who have nothing to do with the injustice fired then they who probably don't hate blacks will hate blacks for getting them fired. I've watched a few black youtube. and while it is generally anti white even he says that the problem is blacks don't' want to be cops. they hate cops. if you're black and become a cop. they call you a traitor to your race. so you do this fire a whole bunch of cops. and then no one comes in to become a cop because cops are the enemy. then what? gotta work on both sides of the issue not just getting pay back against whites.

ScrewyWabbit
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2015, 6:24 pm

If you take all these recent incidents, Freddie Gray, the guy in South Carolina, etc. and assume, for the sake of argument, that race had nothing to do with it, it still tells us that things are really screwed up with the police. The police killing people without cause is something we should be outraged by and something that we should not accept, even if race has nothing to do with it.

Now, I do feel that race has an awful lot to do with it, but what's really important is people's perceptions. I make the following observations:

a) most white Americans do not seem to personally fear that they will be the victims of police profiling or brutality

b) many black Americans seem to feel that they have already been the victims of police profiling, probably will be again in the future and are fearful of being a victim of police brutality

c) Given this, it seems hard for white people to claim that racism has nothing to do with it

d) Also given this, it really does not help when the racial makeup of a police department is not even remotely representative of the community its policing - maybe the race of the officers won't make much difference - maybe the black officers would brutalize or profile people too - but when most of the officers are white, and most of the victims are black, it is, at best, a perception problem

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2015, 8:52 pm

GnosticBishop wrote:
Why do you think police are shooting more blacks and what would you do about it?

Be specific. Just a revamp of the whole system has already been proposed.

If black people cause more crime, then they'll be in contact with the police more.

That's what one side says.

The other side says it's only because of racial profiling and police going after black people more.

If it's the former, there's not much you can do from the position of the executive branch other than accept it. Do the crime, do the punishment (which can be death).

If the latter, then remove racial profiling (proactive policing in other words), though you can't obviously do this in areas that are predominately one race. If it's mostly black, you'll go after more black people no matter what.

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2015, 10:07 am

sly279 wrote:
GnosticBishop wrote:
sly279 wrote:
wait so ____ represent high number of criminals so hire more of them as cops. o.O

foxes kill more of my chickens. so I hired foxes as guard dogs for the chickens.

not saying in areas where blacks make up more of the majority they should have more black cops, though you run into they don't want to be cops problem. but the logic of if a group of people make up a lot of criminals then hire that group makes no sense.

people still get upset at black cops. it makes no difference color of the skin. they hate cops. cops are the enemy regardless of their race.

here we don't have race problems, but the general feeling among people are cops are the enemy. people don't' trust cops anymore and cops are too quick to go full force.

Do you always start a conversation by distorting what the other said?

You may have said something intelligent later but I did not bother looking as I have no time to rephrase the garbage you spew.

Do nothing and keep your ghettos forever. That is much better. Not. Fool.

Regards
DL

GnosticBishop wrote:

In light of Black over-representation in the criminal element, to have the same over-representation in the police forces would be the logical and intelligent thing to expect of a rational, and justice seeking people and society.

said the same thing you'd do just not as fancy. so no i didn't distort you. you saisd the plice should ahve the same race make up of the criminal element in that area. I don't think you should bases a police force off of what the criminal race element is. rather it should naturally be be based off what the population his via the population willingly becoming police.
GnosticBishop wrote:

Regards
DL

yep theres a giant conspiracy against blacks and every white person is in on it.

eye for an ey. but then the whites will want pay back against the blacks, then the blacks again against the whites and so and and so on.

so yeah get those whites who have nothing to do with the injustice fired then they who probably don't hate blacks will hate blacks for getting them fired. I've watched a few black youtube. and while it is generally anti white even he says that the problem is blacks don't' want to be cops. they hate cops. if you're black and become a cop. they call you a traitor to your race. so you do this fire a whole bunch of cops. and then no one comes in to become a cop because cops are the enemy. then what? gotta work on both sides of the issue not just getting pay back against whites.

Who said anything about firing anyone?

Ever hear of attrition?

You make up what you think I said, and then foolishly attack your own made up view.

Regards
DL

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2015, 10:11 am

ScrewyWabbit wrote:
If you take all these recent incidents, Freddie Gray, the guy in South Carolina, etc. and assume, for the sake of argument, that race had nothing to do with it, it still tells us that things are really screwed up with the police. The police killing people without cause is something we should be outraged by and something that we should not accept, even if race has nothing to do with it.

Now, I do feel that race has an awful lot to do with it, but what's really important is people's perceptions. I make the following observations:

a) most white Americans do not seem to personally fear that they will be the victims of police profiling or brutality

b) many black Americans seem to feel that they have already been the victims of police profiling, probably will be again in the future and are fearful of being a victim of police brutality

c) Given this, it seems hard for white people to claim that racism has nothing to do with it

d) Also given this, it really does not help when the racial makeup of a police department is not even remotely representative of the community its policing - maybe the race of the officers won't make much difference - maybe the black officers would brutalize or profile people too - but when most of the officers are white, and most of the victims are black, it is, at best, a perception problem

Some good and well put points.

Thanks for this.

Regards
DL

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2015, 10:17 am

Dillogic wrote:
GnosticBishop wrote:
Why do you think police are shooting more blacks and what would you do about it?

Be specific. Just a revamp of the whole system has already been proposed.

If black people cause more crime, then they'll be in contact with the police more.

That's what one side says.

The other side says it's only because of racial profiling and police going after black people more.

If it's the former, there's not much you can do from the position of the executive branch other than accept it. Do the crime, do the punishment (which can be death).

If the latter, then remove racial profiling (proactive policing in other words), though you can't obviously do this in areas that are predominately one race. If it's mostly black, you'll go after more black people no matter what.

"If it's the former, there's not much you can do from the position of the executive branch other than accept it. Do the crime, do the punishment (which can be death)."

The executive branch could b***h a bit when the crime is not paying alimony and running away from a cop who decides to empty his clip into the back of the one running away.

That goes further than racism. It is a disrespect for life, black or white, and really poor police training.

Regards
DL

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2015, 11:23 am

GnosticBishop wrote:

Regards
DL

Well; while that might be a moral/ethical imperative from you and others; that's all
it is, as the United States is run on legal imperatives; NOT moral/ethical imperatives,
alone.

Redress for moral/ethical imperatives is above the law.
And that is a slippery slope that the founding fathers
know will be a place to drown.

So therefore; even if what you are suggesting,
per replacing white law enforcement with
black law enforcement
is ethically and morally
correct, which it
truly is not; as the issue is 'bad
apples' in law enforcement,
and yes, poor training;
BUT NOT the entire
LAW ENFORCEMENT
INSTITUTION, BY
FAR; THE LAWS IN
THE U.S. WILL NEVER
ALLOW
IT.

UNLESS, you have actually walked in the shoes of law enforcement, firemen,
emergency medical technicians, combat soldiers or anyone else who lives
in life or death situations; you, my friend, are in NO way, shape or fashion,
qualified to even understand what the life of a law enforcement officer
even is, in the real trenches of years and years of service, where sadly
mistakes do happen, as law enforcement officers, both good and
bad apples, do make mistakes as they are only human; and
life or death situations are not a level of challenge YOU
CAN POSSIBLY understand unless you are subject to
THOSE CONDITIONS, DAY IN DAY OUT, DAY IN
AND DAY OUT; FOR YEARS AND YEARS
OF POTENTIALLY SELFLESS SERVICE,
TO SERVE AND PROTECT OTHERS.

MY FATHER SERVES FAITHFULLY IN
LAW ENFORCEMENT FOR 46 YEARS
ON THE GROUND LEVEL OF POLICE
MAN, ATF AGENT, AND
DEPUTY SHERIFF, AND
NEVER MAKES A
MISTAKE IN HIS
career, other
than getting kidnapped by a fugitive
he IS guarding; and among those he guards
is Ted Bundy; one of the most infamous Serial
Killers alive. Personally, I think your opinion
is misinformed, and maligned as you
simply have no CLUE WHAT THE REAL
WORLD OF LAW ENFORCEMENT IS.

IT IS MOSTLY A WORLD OF HEROES;
AND NOT BAD APPLES; THE HEROES
JUST DON'T get WORLDWIDE ADVERTISEMENTS
LIKE THE HEROES DO; AND I JUST PROVIDE
ONE OF A HERO; MY FATHER,
WHO DEDICATES
HIS LIFE TO DO

JUST
THAT;
IN A JUST
WAY.

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2015, 12:10 pm

aghogday wrote:
GnosticBishop wrote:

Regards
DL

Well; while that might be a moral/ethical imperative from you and others; that's all
it is, as the United States is run on legal imperatives; NOT moral/ethical imperatives,
alone.

black law enforcement
is ethically and morally
correct, which it
and yes, poor training;
BUT NOT the entire
LAW ENFORCEMENT
INSTITUTION, BY
FAR; THE LAWS IN
THE U.S. WILL NEVER
ALLOW
IT.

MAN, ATF AGENT, AND
DEPUTY SHERIFF, AND
NEVER MAKES A
MISTAKE IN HIS
career, other

WHO DEDICATES
HIS LIFE TO DO

JUST
THAT;
IN A JUST
WAY.

I did not bother trying to read all of this (too hard o the eye) but if the law of the land is not based on morals and ethics, then what in hell do you think they are based on?

Regards
DL

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2015, 1:12 pm

GnosticBishop wrote:
aghogday wrote:
GnosticBishop wrote:

Regards
DL

alone.

black law enforcement
is ethically and morally
correct, which it
and yes, poor training;
BUT NOT the entire
LAW ENFORCEMENT
INSTITUTION, BY
FAR; THE LAWS IN
THE U.S. WILL NEVER
ALLOW
IT.

MAN, ATF AGENT, AND
DEPUTY SHERIFF, AND
NEVER MAKES A
MISTAKE IN HIS
career, other

WHO DEDICATES
HIS LIFE TO DO

JUST
THAT;
IN A JUST
WAY.

I did not bother trying to read all of this (too hard o the eye) but if the law of the land is not based on morals and ethics, then what in hell do you think they are based on?

Regards
DL

I did not say the laws of the land are not based on morals and ethics.

I stated the laws of the land are not based on morals and ethics, alone.

There is careful consideration and decisions made to make those laws, and publish them;

so 'anarchy' will not be the example and result of so-called 'bibles' with morals that are not ethical.

Ethics and Morals, in part, are innate; and in part, are fabricated by cultures of humankind.

In some countries, for a simple example that I often use, the practice of female
genital mutilation is considered both ethical and moral; but obviously not in the
'eyes' of Nature aka GOD, as GOD aka Nature provides the pleasure of a clitoris
for reproductive success;
and survival.

The gnostic Jesus uses almost an identical example in the Gospel of Thomas
to show how foolish male circumcision is as a religious
practice when it is a gift from the 'father'; where in
'that time' the 'father' is simply a metaphor
for Nature; often termed in other ways
of culture as Mother Nature;
instead of the Father;
in those patriarchal
days; of what
remains in
the gnostic
teaching
of that
so-called
Jesus.

http://www.sacred-texts.com/chr/thomas.htm

Quote:
53) His disciples said to Him, "Is circumcision beneficial or
not?"
He said to them, "If it were beneficial, their father would
beget them already circumcised from their mother. Rather, the
true circumcision in spirit has become completely profitable."

The gnostic Jesus finds most all his
answers from the GOD of Nature,
through innate instinct and
intuition; same as Buddha,
Lao Tzu, and
BRUCE LEE,
and
countless
others...

THE ESSENCE OF THE TRUTH
OF NATURE,
TRULY IS
UNIVERSAL.

THERE IS NO NEED FOR TEACHERS
when one can truly see the
NATURE OF
GOD MANIFEST
IN HUMAN;
WITH EYES of innate
instinct and intuition.

It's so simple that 'Jesus' IS
likely crucified for his innate
instinct AND INTUITION
EXPRESSED
AS HUMAN
emotional and
sensory SPIRIT,
through the same
kind of metaphors I
use here, in abstract ways.

Same, as other so called wild
animals and indigenous peoples,
named as wild savages, dancing
around a moon-lit fire, in the physical
intelligence of mind and body balance;
connecting IN THE rhythms OF THE
DRUMS OF night in MAGICK MUSICK
to each other naked, and of course
WITH the NATURE OF GOD MANIFEST
IN HUMAN BEING and the rest of GOD
aka
NATURE.

The price of being free like this, in a
world of TRULY INSANE HUMANS,
CAN BE SOCIAL ISOLATION,
PRISON, OR DEATH, THEN
AND NOW,
depending
on where and
who one still
associates with.

Truth AND LIGHT is in
innate instinct and intuition.

Abstract Language, Collective Intelligence,
Culture, and Religion is THE REAL ANTI-CHRIST
HIGHWAY TO THE DARK OF HELL, OVERALL,
OF COURSE, AS
'IT' HAS 'ITS' TRUTH
HERE AND
tHere..;)

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2015, 1:27 pm

I do not agree completely with your view of Jesus and his thinking of God as nature although I don't think we have an argument as Jesus was indeed a naturalist.

That is why he could see the perfection of creation and all around us as I do. The kingdom of God is at hand.

To me, Jesus recognized the supremacy of man as God. I think that because of quotes like these as well as the way he tried to get us to reject the written word of his tradition and stick with the Jewish view that a Rabbi could overrule God himself. Think Divine Council.

Matthew 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Luke 17:21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Regards
DL