Page 3 of 5 [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Corvus
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2007, 3:52 pm

richardbenson wrote:
corvus i dont hate you, i just think you need to get back into this atmosphere. im sure there are plenty of forums on the net that debate christianity or any other religion for that matter. i just think you like to argue with people who you think are not as smart as you. you dont want a conversation, you want an argument.

I'm sorry, I didnt know this area of the message board was meant for people to be all fake and cheery.

You're right, I dont want a conversation, but Richard, for once, just once, one time, 1, uno, (once) can I talk for myself? I mean, you assumed stuff in your last response about me. In fact, the only thing you've EVER done is assume. So, while I am not after simple conversation that heads no where (are you even aspie?), I want a DEBATE. You call it an argument, I call it a debate:
"to engage in argument or discussion, as in a legislative or public assembly: When we left, the men were still debating."

You chose the most negative word to describe "discussion." I'm sorry that people here are content blindly believing things and not debating them but I hate to inform you, or the others, that one way to learn is TALKING.

Call it arguing, call it discussing, call it talking, all I know is that its a 'challenge' and if you are not up for the challenge in regards to your belief then it indirectly tells me you are not confident enough to do so. Hell, you might learn something but that might mean previous knowledge you had might be wrong (its better to sit in the dark then be wrong, isnt it?)

colonel1fan
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 Mar 2007, 4:34 pm

Paula wrote:
This song always spoke volumes to me. It's by Michael W. Smith. It's Called, "My Place in this World."
The wind is moving
But I am standing still
A life of pages
Waiting to be filled

A heart that's hopeful
A head that's full of dreams
But this becoming
Is harder than it seems

Feels like I'm
Looking for a reason
Roamin' through the night to find
My place in this world
My place in this world
Not a lot to lean on
I need your light to help me find
My place in this world
My place in this world

If there are millions
Down on their knees
Among the many
Can you still hear me

Hear me asking
Where do I belong?
Is there a vision
That I can call my own?

Show me, I'm
Looking for a reason
My place in this world
My place in this world
Not a lot to lean on
My place in this world
My place in this world

Lookin' for a reason
My place in this world
My place in this world
Not a lot to lean on
My place in this world
My place in this world

Lookin' for a reason
My place in this world
My place in this world

Great song. I like most of Michael W. Smith's work. I saw him in concert over this past summer. Loved it.

Aspie_for_the_Lord
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2007, 5:32 pm

i likes Micheal W. Smith's 'Healing Rain'....

BTW, can we keep on topic guys.... the christian debate thread is next door... :P

sunnycat
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2007, 7:05 pm

I'm OK with people questioning my faith... to be honest, I can't really explain it either..I think it's somewhat like being in a relationship... It's like being in a close relationship with God...a very close and strong bond...like that of a loving family...something that supports you all the time (like the earth)...and oftnetimes I'm not even aware of the support I'm receiving...
Hmmm...if someone is curious of the nature of faith, maybe they can look into the books by Paul Tillich...I found them interesting...

By the way, I think Quran is cool...I read it in one of my classes and it made me want to learn Arabic so that I can read it in its own language someday...

You're right AFTL...*returns to the topic and attentively waits for the next song*

Last edited by sunnycat on 30 Mar 2007, 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sunnycat
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2007, 7:18 pm

Apatura wrote:
"Rising" by Paul Baloche... here is another ("Hosanna") by him:

[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=7BZoDH2H1Ls[/youtube]

I loved the song...Thanks for the nice video..:)

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

30 Mar 2007, 7:36 pm

Corvus wrote:
I want a DEBATE
well aparently they do not accept a debate with you because they know what you really want is an argument. so stop looking for one

maldoror
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2007, 7:50 pm

Can you let them have a thread about their inspirational music without trying to shove your debate down their throats? Man.

Paula
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2007, 10:25 pm

Beautiful SunnyCat. I love that song.

Flagg
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2007, 11:40 pm

[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=nn4kL8POF0U[/youtube]

squeeker
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 Apr 2007, 6:42 pm

Okay so I thought I'd finally add to the thread, but I didn't want to post too much or fill up too much space so I'm just going to post the titles for now.
--
"Broken & Beautiful" by Mark Schultz

"What If" by Nichole Nordeman

and "You Shine" by Brian Doerksen

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2007, 9:00 pm

Corvus wrote:
Quote:
Christians put up with the questioning better than some. Look how touchy Muslims can be about their religion. Atheists are very defensive too.

I agree, especially about Atheist as I consider them the worst. I almost find that people run with Atheism out of spite

Quote:
its not. i just dont see you questioning jews, hindus, buddists or any other religion more than you want to question christians. like christians are the evilist of them all or something, fyi there all pretty much the same. dumb, what else do you need to know?

Hi, this is a Christian thread. Everyone here is Christian except myself and maybe you. Wouldnt it be f***ing dumb to come in here and ask the Jews to comment - YES. If there are jews, then they can explain to - I think I made this clear in my actual thread though I recall using christians as the example as this is Canada/America and they tend to be more of them then, say, Muslims

As well, if you'd take the time to read instead of assume, look at the title of my thread - does it contain the words "CHRISTIANS ONLY?" No. I know you hate me but at least nail me with stuff thats true, for once.

And Scientologists are uber-defensive, too. They are quite litigious. And that's not counting anything Tom Cruise says about his critics.

Tim

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Flagg
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2007, 10:40 pm

Scientologists are just bat-shit crazy.

TimT
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

08 Apr 2007, 6:05 pm

Thanks Sunnycat for the video. It was refreshing.

It's a shame the antiChristians want to try to harrass us off the forum. We do "leaven" the forum by being on it and interacting with these folks.

calandale
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2007, 6:14 pm

TimT wrote:
Thanks Sunnycat for the video. It was refreshing.

It's a shame the antiChristians want to try to harrass us off the forum. We do "leaven" the forum by being on it and interacting with these folks.

I agree. I'm non-Christian, and I enjoy the diversity. However, the definition of what is Christian and not is somewhat shaky. Frankly, there are a couple of songs which I consider VERY Christian in nature (by Tull or the Violent Fems), but not of any sect. Please don't be exclusive of others who consider themselves Christian.

TimT
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

08 Apr 2007, 7:09 pm

calandale wrote:
Frankly, there are a couple of songs which I consider VERY Christian in nature (by Tull or the Violent Fems), but not of any sect.
Like what?

calandale
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2007, 3:00 am

I think that I mentioned the Aqualung album already.
To me, it expresses more of the meaning of Christianity
than any other that I've heard.

There are a few other Tull songs (A Christmas song comes to mind)
which do so as well. The Fems seem to have an underlying Christianity
to there songs as well, completely at odds with some of the notions
which one might otherwise walk away with.