Page 1 of 2 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 18 Jun 2008
Gender: Female
Posts: 13,399

11 Jun 2015, 11:19 am

New book Go Betweens For Hiter and this link share revelations. One answer - communism. The royals didn't like the idea of the same thing happening in the rest of Europe that happened in Russia so it chose what it thought was the lesser of two evils - the Nazis over the Communists. So strange they would side with the party that would later be responsible for the London Blitz.

Charles Edward Duke of Coburg was a go-between for the British royal family and the Nazi party. He funded a group in Germany that did it's best to overthrow the Weimer Republic of the 1920s.

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/06/new-evi ... lf-hitler/

Had it not been for communism and Bolsheviks in the East, the Nazis might not have found so much support among the aristocracy.

Funny how the full extent of the relationship between the British Royals and the Nazis cannot be known since so many documents are sealed!



Hyperborean
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Jan 2015
Gender: Male
Posts: 956
Location: Europe

11 Jun 2015, 11:37 am

The relationship between the British Royal Family and the Nazis isn't really a great secret, although it doesn't get mentioned very often. Edward VIII, who chose to abdicate because he insisted on marrying an American divorcee, Wallis Simpson, was quite open about his admiration for Hitler. In fact I think he and Wallis met the Führer at one point. But then Edward, like his fellow aristocrats, was too dense to see through the Nazis.

Interestingly enough, the reverse also happened. A lot of European intellectuals supported Communism because they viewed it as the antidote to Fascism. Many of them fought on the Communist side in the Spanish Civil War.


_________________
'All that we see is but a shadow and reflection of what is hidden from our eyes'
Vladimir Solovyëv

'Wo viel Licht ist, ist auch viel Schatten'.
Goethe

'Demain était déjà très loin'.
Julien Gracq
Un balcon en forêt

'Aș vrea să pot să locuiesc în propriile mele cuvinte ...'
Nichita Stănescu
O confesiune

'Once one has learnt to pay attention to the characteristic manifestations of autism, one realises that they are not at all rare'.
Hans Asperger


ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 18 Jun 2008
Gender: Female
Posts: 13,399

11 Jun 2015, 11:57 am

The article in the link even goes so far to state the Duke of Windsor planned the London Blitz with the Nazis to "bring peace," this based on comments the Duke made previous to it.



pluto
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 26 Aug 2006
Age: 58
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,751
Location: Paisley,Scotland UK

11 Jun 2015, 2:36 pm

The 'British' Royal family have been closely linked to Germany since 1714,which was the beginning of the reign of
the House of Hanover.In 1901 this was succeeded by the current House,then known as Saxe-Coburg and Goetha.
In 1917 during the War it was decided that it was inappropriate to have a German name,so it was changed to
Windsor,a name adopted from the town and castle which is one of their residences.Although the family's background
doesn't necessarily mean they supported Nazism,it's not surprising that some of them would be taken in by it.After all,the German people themselves voted in Hitler without knowing what the consequences would be.


_________________
I have lost the will to be apathetic


0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 5 Apr 2007
Age: 37
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,262
Location: London

11 Jun 2015, 5:48 pm

There was basically two reason why some people in the UK supported Hitler in the 30s:

1. WWI was brutal a may people were war weary, and coincided that that the German people had lost out, and their economy was in trouble. They favored appeasement.
2. Like nationalism often does, it attracts people like flies to s**t sometimes.



slave
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 28 Feb 2012
Age: 106
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,416
Location: Dystopia Planetia

11 Jun 2015, 6:15 pm

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
New book Go Betweens For Hiter and this link share revelations. One answer - communism. The royals didn't like the idea of the same thing happening in the rest of Europe that happened in Russia so it chose what it thought was the lesser of two evils - the Nazis over the Communists. So strange they would side with the party that would later be responsible for the London Blitz.

Charles Edward Duke of Coburg was a go-between for the British royal family and the Nazi party. He funded a group in Germany that did it's best to overthrow the Weimer Republic of the 1920s.

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/06/new-evi ... lf-hitler/

Had it not been for communism and Bolsheviks in the East, the Nazis might not have found so much support among the aristocracy.

Funny how the full extent of the relationship between the British Royals and the Nazis cannot be known since so many documents are sealed!


You know that the Royal family is German, I assume.


_________________
Since the birth of civilization, small sets of dominant individuals have controlled the numerical majority. Even a cursory reading of world history will substantiate this claim. Kings, Pharaohs, Emperors, Sultans, Czars, and Dictators have imposed their will upon their subjects. This pattern has not changed over the millennia and it remains so, today. Our Masters rule over every nation and no one can defy them. They will attain Absolute Power as we reach the Singularity. All those who oppose their will, will be destroyed. Given the obvious futility, I will not resist. 2+2=5.


Cesar
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

User avatar

Joined: 5 Jul 2012
Age: 29
Gender: Male
Posts: 168
Location: Sweden

11 Jun 2015, 6:29 pm

Not only the British (the Battenbergs). The Swedish, Spanish, Japanese...You name it.



Inventor
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 15 Feb 2007
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,295
Location: New Orleans

11 Jun 2015, 7:54 pm

As Russians will tell you today, anything was better than The Soviet Union.

The Soviet Union had tried to overrun Europe, and was stopped. Then they supported Communists in Europe.

A dictatorship of the peasants is worse than the French Revolution.

People who had ten acres and hired several farm workers, the Baker who hired three, were taken out and shot.

WWI was just business as usual, but the October Revolution that followed was mass murder of the Royal Family, Industry, the Educated, who then blamed their poverty on Europe.

The Red Army was huge, larger than all European Armies combined.

National Socialism was the only thing between them and Europe. Lots of people supported it.

Hitler tried to make a deal, recover German lands in Poland, split Poland with the USSR, but Stalin moved troops forward, a lot more than he needed to occupy half of Poland.

Hitler covered his rear, occupied Europe, then attacked to the East. He never made it to Saint Petersburg, Moscow, Stalingrad, but he killed twenty-six million Soviets. All of the countries of Eastern Europe joined in.

When the West thought the Soviets were destroyed, they bombed Germany to rubble. As German armies fell back to defend Europe, Soviets followed, and occupied Eastern Europe for sixty years.

When George Patton met the Soviets, he wanted to kill them back east of the Urals. He also wanted the best Germans to set up a post war State. He was told he could not use anyone that supported the National Socialist State, so that left concentration camp inmates. Patten objected, and was killed.

In the years between 1933 and 1939 National Socialism produced a Social and Economic Miracle in Germany. Considering this was during the worldwide Great Depression, it was a double miracle.

German technology lead the world, and if it had not been for England and America supplying arms to the Red Army, and backing Stalin's attack, all of Europe would have been united, connected by Autobahn, and become the leading economy on Earth.

The game was played so Europe wound up in ruins, then the Cold War made the Soviet Union live on a war footing, and never develop industry. The British Empire would win by stabbing everyone in the back. While almost everyone went home, America still maintains an occupation army in Germany.

Germans and Russians are waking up to how they were played. NATO is occupying the Baltics, to block them linking up. China is building a rail line to Moscow, and offering to connect to Berlin. The trade potential is huge. The last leg could be by ship from Saint Petersburg to Germany. It will take about a third the time of shipping around Southeast Asia, and the Suez Canal. Also Russia is developing the Arctic route, also shorter.

Why was the British Monarchy so Pro Stalin and The Red Army?



justkillingtime
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Aug 2011
Gender: Female
Posts: 3,718
Location: Washington, D.C.

11 Jun 2015, 8:18 pm

slave wrote:
ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
New book Go Betweens For Hiter and this link share revelations. One answer - communism. The royals didn't like the idea of the same thing happening in the rest of Europe that happened in Russia so it chose what it thought was the lesser of two evils - the Nazis over the Communists. So strange they would side with the party that would later be responsible for the London Blitz.

Charles Edward Duke of Coburg was a go-between for the British royal family and the Nazi party. He funded a group in Germany that did it's best to overthrow the Weimer Republic of the 1920s.

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/06/new-evi ... lf-hitler/

Had it not been for communism and Bolsheviks in the East, the Nazis might not have found so much support among the aristocracy.

Funny how the full extent of the relationship between the British Royals and the Nazis cannot be known since so many documents are sealed!


You know that the Royal family is German, I assume.


I think the House of Windsor is originally from Germany. They changed the name to Windsor from Saxe-Coburg and Gotha.


_________________
Impermanence.


slave
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 28 Feb 2012
Age: 106
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,416
Location: Dystopia Planetia

11 Jun 2015, 8:32 pm

justkillingtime wrote:
slave wrote:
ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
New book Go Betweens For Hiter and this link share revelations. One answer - communism. The royals didn't like the idea of the same thing happening in the rest of Europe that happened in Russia so it chose what it thought was the lesser of two evils - the Nazis over the Communists. So strange they would side with the party that would later be responsible for the London Blitz.

Charles Edward Duke of Coburg was a go-between for the British royal family and the Nazi party. He funded a group in Germany that did it's best to overthrow the Weimer Republic of the 1920s.

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/06/new-evi ... lf-hitler/

Had it not been for communism and Bolsheviks in the East, the Nazis might not have found so much support among the aristocracy.

Funny how the full extent of the relationship between the British Royals and the Nazis cannot be known since so many documents are sealed!


You know that the Royal family is German, I assume.


I think the House of Windsor is originally from Germany. They changed the name to Windsor from Saxe-Coburg and Gotha.


Yup!
that's correct


_________________
Since the birth of civilization, small sets of dominant individuals have controlled the numerical majority. Even a cursory reading of world history will substantiate this claim. Kings, Pharaohs, Emperors, Sultans, Czars, and Dictators have imposed their will upon their subjects. This pattern has not changed over the millennia and it remains so, today. Our Masters rule over every nation and no one can defy them. They will attain Absolute Power as we reach the Singularity. All those who oppose their will, will be destroyed. Given the obvious futility, I will not resist. 2+2=5.


Fogman
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 19 Jun 2005
Age: 52
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,268
Location: Frå Nord Dakota til Vermont

12 Jun 2015, 5:08 am

Inventor wrote:

In the years between 1933 and 1939 National Socialism produced a Social and Economic Miracle in Germany. Considering this was during the worldwide Great Depression, it was a double miracle.

German technology lead the world, and if it had not been for England and America supplying arms to the Red Army, and backing Stalin's attack, all of Europe would have been united, connected by Autobahn, and become the leading economy on Earth.

Why was the British Monarchy so Pro Stalin and The Red Army?


Because of the one thing that you forgot to mention. Had Germany been successful, Germany would have inherited all of the the colonies and territories of the European powers, and would have had de facto global hegemony as a result of those acquisitions. German North Africa, German Congo, German Jamaica, German Antilles, German Pakistan, India, Burma, Cambodia and Vietnam, not to mention German Polynesia.

I'm sure that Germany had a deal with Japan to cedepacifit colial teritories to the Japanese Empire, however had they done this, the two could have quite easily strangled both Australia and New Zealand, if not taken then over completely. --Still though, this would have led to Axis Global domination had the allies not been successful.


_________________
When There's No There to get to, I'm so There!


zer0netgain
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 2 Mar 2009
Age: 51
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,784

12 Jun 2015, 7:13 am

America's industrialists and politicos were pro-Nazi as well....something not talked about too much.

Hitler was the darling of the West...until he started gassing the Jews...then everyone was embarrassed to be linked to him.

They all approved of his ideology...just not his methods. Had he moved slower and been more subtle, the world would be a much darker place by now.



The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

User avatar

Joined: 27 Jan 2010
Age: 24
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,529
Location: Reading, England

12 Jun 2015, 8:44 am

Hyperborean wrote:
A lot of European intellectuals supported Communism because they viewed it as the antidote to Fascism. Many of them fought on the Communist side in the Spanish Civil War.

It wasn't "the Communist side" as such, the Communists were merely a faction of the Republicans (anti-Fascists).

I also think there's a bit of conflation going on here, particularly as the most prominent member of the Communist army in Spain was also the biggest critic of Stalin in the West.



Inventor
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 15 Feb 2007
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,295
Location: New Orleans

12 Jun 2015, 12:32 pm

Fogman wrote:
Inventor wrote:

In the years between 1933 and 1939 National Socialism produced a Social and Economic Miracle in Germany. Considering this was during the worldwide Great Depression, it was a double miracle.

German technology lead the world, and if it had not been for England and America supplying arms to the Red Army, and backing Stalin's attack, all of Europe would have been united, connected by Autobahn, and become the leading economy on Earth.

Why was the British Monarchy so Pro Stalin and The Red Army?


Because of the one thing that you forgot to mention. Had Germany been successful, Germany would have inherited all of the the colonies and territories of the European powers, and would have had de facto global hegemony as a result of those acquisitions. German North Africa, German Congo, German Jamaica, German Antilles, German Pakistan, India, Burma, Cambodia and Vietnam, not to mention German Polynesia.

I'm sure that Germany had a deal with Japan to cedepacifit colial teritories to the Japanese Empire, however had they done this, the two could have quite easily strangled both Australia and New Zealand, if not taken then over completely. --Still though, this would have led to Axis Global domination had the allies not been successful.


So the West armed The Red Army to defend the Colonial System?

WWII ended the Colonial System. It marks the collapse of The British Empire.

The war seems more an excuse to impose Wartime Government on the colonies that were slipping away.

Japan had become a rising economic, technological, and mercantile power, so had Germany.

America and Britain were wallowing in depression. They put Sanctions on the two rising economies.

The same Britain forbid India to weave cloth or make salt.

To prolong the failing British/Anglo Empire, they destroyed the competition and killed fifty million people.

In Victory, the Empire still fell.

It has been seventy years since Europe was reduced to rubble, half of it made a colony of the Soviet Union,

the occupation continues, the Cold War was played out on their stage.

Germany and Japan rose again as economic powers, now joined by China, India, Brazil.

The British Empire is now forty acres around Buckingham Palace, and their main industry is sex tourism and a beer museum.

If they had not stabbed Germany in the back with The Red Army, we would have cities on the Moon and Mars, and a much higher standard of living on Earth.

The Royal past rose up and set the planet back a hundred years. Worse, with rising populations in the old colonies, we face world famine, and uncontrollable migration to Europe.

National Socialism called for all people to develop their own country.

The British Empire wanted to supply salt and cloth to the India market, Opium to China, and general extortion, drug trafficking, and murder. Colonies were enslaved in place to produce raw materials.

National Socialism is close to what the Chinese now offer, not getting involved in local politics, and funding development in exchange for resources.

All of our wars have been colonial, Korea, Vietnam, the Middle East, against a local desire for freedom and self rule.

We wasted a hundred years and gave the world to China.



Rollo
Raven
Raven

User avatar

Joined: 26 Mar 2014
Age: 37
Gender: Male
Posts: 119

12 Jun 2015, 5:29 pm

Hyperborean wrote:
The relationship between the British Royal Family and the Nazis isn't really a great secret, although it doesn't get mentioned very often. Edward VIII, who chose to abdicate because he insisted on marrying an American divorcee, Wallis Simpson, was quite open about his admiration for Hitler. In fact I think he and Wallis met the Führer at one point. But then Edward, like his fellow aristocrats, was too dense to see through the Nazis.



Let's think about this objectively. Before the war, Britain had acquired the largest empire in the world, so it is ridiculous for the British to claim that they went to war with Germany because they really cared about the sovereignty of other nations or because they wanted to save the world from imperialist aggression. Indeed, when the Soviet Union invaded Poland a few days after Germany did, Britain didn't declare war on the Soviet Union.

Hitler didn't want a war with Britain. For one thing, he wanted to see the British Empire preserved, and he didn't think Germany would be able to do it. British Conservatives wanted war with Germany because they were conservatives and ganging up on the most powerful nation on the continent is what the British had "always done" (balance of power and all that).

Churchill himself was an imperialist. He wanted to preserve the British Empire. Presumably Edward VII did too. In which case Edward was the smart one, not Churchill and his fellow conservatives.

In fact, some have suggested that Edward's marriage to Wallis Simpson was just a pretext for removing him from the throne, since even by 1936 his pro-German sympathies were not going down well with anti-German elements in the British establishment.