Page 3 of 3 [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Corvus
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2007, 1:59 pm

richardbenson wrote:
nope, i really dont care. me opening a thread is not a sign of caring

You know, there was a red toyota outside.. i walked past it because i didnt care.. would you, following your line of reasoning, stop, stare at the car, say outloud 'christ, i dont care about this' then keep going and stop at every car you pass and do the same? Do you walk around stating what you dont care about?

Kosmonaut
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2007, 2:05 pm

The way i see it is.. there is atheism, agnosticism, budhism and then the rest are all the same.

I mean it is the same story used to 'brainwash' the believer into being more subservient and controlable to those in power.
I think the story goes back to ancient babylon ( or is it egyptian mythology), Isis, Osirisis and Horus.

edit: Hence, there are many religions because the story has been seen to be effective and used in various parts of the world.

Also, i forgot to mention Satanism. This does fit into the grand scheme, but i will not go into how at present.

snake321
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2007, 6:06 pm

[quote]

Not true. Islamics think it's OK to kill non-Islamics.

[quote="Corvus"]

I'm just as much against mythological religions as the next guy, but reguardless it seems to me that this is merely playing favorites. Islam doesn't teach that murder is acceptible, extreme ideologies of islam teach that. Extreme ideologies of christianity teach the same thing. I can't begin to count how many people have been murdered in the name of Jesus Christ.
I personally believe in unified theory, but I don't believe in it so strongly that I couldn't change my opinion if evidence came along to discount it either. It's just theory, one that I happen to feel makes alot of since. My theory is that all religions are connected, Moses, Jesus, Muhammad, Buddha, Krishna, they were all teachers, not saviors. All the hocus pocus is just normal things written in riddles and metaphors to challenge people to think, but they took the messages out of context and took them way to literally. There is no such thing as a "divine miracle", the "divine miracles" were ordinary events scriptured in metaphor and taken out of context by dumb and barbaric masses. And, that is my personal theory on the subject, atleast for the time being.

Corvus
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2007, 6:48 pm

snake321 wrote:
Quote:

Not true. Islamics think it's OK to kill non-Islamics.

Corvus wrote:

I'm just as much against mythological religions as the next guy, but reguardless it seems to me that this is merely playing favorites. Islam doesn't teach that murder is acceptible, extreme ideologies of islam teach that. Extreme ideologies of christianity teach the same thing. I can't begin to count how many people have been murdered in the name of Jesus Christ.
I personally believe in unified theory, but I don't believe in it so strongly that I couldn't change my opinion if evidence came along to discount it either. It's just theory, one that I happen to feel makes alot of since. My theory is that all religions are connected, Moses, Jesus, Muhammad, Buddha, Krishna, they were all teachers, not saviors. All the hocus pocus is just normal things written in riddles and metaphors to challenge people to think, but they took the messages out of context and took them way to literally. There is no such thing as a "divine miracle", the "divine miracles" were ordinary events scriptured in metaphor and taken out of context by dumb and barbaric masses. And, that is my personal theory on the subject, atleast for the time being.

I agree, especially in meditation terms. Philosophy is extremely difficult to describe. The best way to describe "feelings" or "philosophy" is to 'paint a picture.' This could potentially be the "stories" in the bible, they could be alternative ways of describing something but people took it literally.

ASPER
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

31 Mar 2007, 12:07 am

true islam from the times of muhammed was destroyed by the same people that called themselves muslims,adding stuff to the system of islam,like sunnis and shias,they are sects yet God forvides them to divide into sects.
there is a small percentage of people who are only following the quran alone and not mixing with the backward supersticious ideologies of the sects of islam.
there is a forum for the interrested. www.free-minds.org
you will see this people are way different than "mainstream" muslims.

peace

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2007, 4:20 pm

richardbenson wrote:
nope, i really dont care. me opening a thread is not a sign of caring

you going through the effort of a reply and a retort point to other signs.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

31 Mar 2007, 5:22 pm

not really. it doesnt take alot of effort to type a few words down and hit the submit button

calandale
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2007, 6:04 pm

richardbenson wrote:
not really. it doesnt take alot of effort to type a few words down and hit the submit button

The motto of a true spammer.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

31 Mar 2007, 6:08 pm

what the hell? what am i spamming?

calandale
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2007, 6:10 pm

richardbenson wrote:
what the hell? what am i spamming?

Eh. I have a loose definition of spam. Still, you're comment struck me
as the kind of thing that I would say, when on a spamming spree.
Nothing to worry about though. Quality spam is an art.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

31 Mar 2007, 6:14 pm

i posts 6 posts a day, you post like 100x more than me, thats spam. i genuinely answerd this topic, and nothing else. everyone just wants to start a fight with me and i dont know why

calandale
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2007, 9:26 pm

richardbenson wrote:
i posts 6 posts a day, you post like 100x more than me, thats spam. i genuinely answerd this topic, and nothing else. everyone just wants to start a fight with me and i dont know why

Actually, I was complimenting you on having the spirit (if not the actuality) of a true spammer. I'm sorry that you took it poorly.

parts
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2007, 11:42 pm

The fact there are so many religions just proves lots of people have too much time on their hands