Human, Don't do things just for the fun of it.

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Aspie_Chav
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2007, 5:06 pm

People are only happy if they are serving a practical use as mother nature intended. If singles are to spend the rest of their lives going on cheep vacations without any commitments we are not serving our intended role of settling down and having children and eventual depression and loneliness will force use to change.

Nature forces us to have a use and not take up valuable space and resources. This is why I don’t enjoy anything that gets in the way of finding someone. I don’t enjoy vacations much because they don’t serve a use but to waste money resources, I don’t enjoy novels because they waste time, I don’t mind eating as it is important to keep me alive. Of course I don’t think this consciously it is all instinctual so there is no benefit to be had by saying I must not have these negative view.

Do any of you enjoy going on vacation regularly but very lonely and have a limited supply of money?

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

31 Mar 2007, 5:24 pm

thats very interesting, your getting at a good point wich is if there was nothing to do people wouldnt do anything

Kosmonaut
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2007, 5:34 pm

I've not had a holiday in years.
I can afford one, but just do not see much point in them, so they do seem to be a waste of money and not cheap..
Most people go on holidays for 'a break'; i don't understand this, i mean if you don't enjoy what you are doing, then why do it ? If the need for these breaks is so that you can endure the bits imbetween, then why not change what you do on the times when you are not on holiday.

There are a couple of places i would like to visit.
But i would only go for a few days; there's too much organizing.
I'm terrible at organizing things and no-one else is going to do it for me.

calandale
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2007, 6:02 pm

Kosmonaut wrote:
Most people go on holidays for 'a break'; i don't understand this, i mean if you don't enjoy what you are doing, then why do it ? If the need for these breaks is so that you can endure the bits imbetween, then why not change what you do on the times when you are not on holiday.

Not everyone can find something that they can bear which pays the rent.

Kosmonaut
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2007, 6:32 pm

Yes, you're not the first to tell me this.
I understand the concept and i guess i am lucky in some respects.

We have some generous state benefits in this country.
There are many happy unemployed around, they have their rent payed and benefits.
Many of my neighbours do not pay rent, whilst i have to shell out my 'hard-earned'.
I can't blame them but it does irk, and it makes me wonder why people slave away for 40 hours a week, whilst many of these chavs are just causing over-population problems.

calandale
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2007, 9:24 pm

I was on the dole for a while. Things were easier (though not trivial) then. But, the US has really cracked down on supposedly able people not working. And it's not like I was happy about being a leech. Misery can come, even if you're not doing anything that you don't want to do.

Not that I really understand vacations. But, I can see why people are miserable with their lives.

Aspie_Chav
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2007, 2:19 am

Kosmonaut wrote:
I've not had a holiday in years.
I can afford one, but just do not see much point in them, so they do seem to be a waste of money and not cheap..

Vacations do have a practical use for couples as it is a way to strengthen bonds and make the relationship stronger. Same can be said friendship also to a limited extend.

Some people go on holiday to do study their special interest and to find others with similar interests. Some people are thinking about vacating.

jonathan79
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2007, 3:51 am

I tend to see things this way too. That if I'm not doing something that will bring me closer to finding someone, then it is a waste of time. I don't think this has anything to do with what other humans want, but more to do with my own desire for companionship.

Some people are happy being alone (which puzzles me), thus they are free to enjoy other things. I think that for me its the opposite.