Page 6 of 8 [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 28 Jan 2008
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,671
Location: Seattle

27 Jun 2015, 1:33 am

Fugu wrote:
it's not guilt by association when racism is driving political efforts on the right in an obvious fashion.


Is it? Since it's so obvious, it should be no problem at all for you to provide some examples of such race driven political efforts, preferably ones not better explained by partisanship.

Fugu wrote:
a recent example of this would be the furor over the legitimacy of Obama's birth certificate.


That merely demonstrates a certain ruthlessness in going after a political opponent using whatever is available; proving actual racism is much trickier, though I'm beginning to suspect you don't actually know what it it.


_________________
Murum Aries Attigit


Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 28 Jan 2008
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,671
Location: Seattle

27 Jun 2015, 1:34 am

pcuser wrote:
Republicans don't call out racists because they often are the racist...


Cite?


_________________
Murum Aries Attigit


Inventor
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 15 Feb 2007
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,014
Location: New Orleans

27 Jun 2015, 1:41 am

Racism is saying you know what all white males think.

Racism was those people on the East Coast and West Coast that called me a racist red neck white supremacist as soon as they heard I was from Louisiana.

Those people were predigest about people they had never met.

They also thought Louisiana was in the mountains of Kentucky.

They had been told what to hate, and had no idea what they were getting into.

The Attention Span of a Goldfish fits.

The only thing they hated more than Southerners was Black People.

Somehow it was my fault there were Blacks in Harlem.

Their response to their problem was being insulting and ignorant.

I see nothing has changed.

There are a lot of intolerant, predigest, bigots, they call all Republicans racists.



Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 42,590
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

27 Jun 2015, 5:02 am

Inventor wrote:
Racism is saying you know what all white males think.

Racism was those people on the East Coast and West Coast that called me a racist red neck white supremacist as soon as they heard I was from Louisiana.

Those people were predigest about people they had never met.

They also thought Louisiana was in the mountains of Kentucky.

They had been told what to hate, and had no idea what they were getting into.

The Attention Span of a Goldfish fits.

The only thing they hated more than Southerners was Black People.

Somehow it was my fault there were Blacks in Harlem.

Their response to their problem was being insulting and ignorant.

I see nothing has changed.

There are a lot of intolerant, predigest, bigots, they call all Republicans racists.


I think you're referring to me. No, I don't think you're racist for being from Louisianan; rather I thought that when you had defended the actions and thoughts of the Confederacy, and a while back saying that civil rights only enfranchised unqualified voters.


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


Inventor
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 15 Feb 2007
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,014
Location: New Orleans

27 Jun 2015, 7:42 pm

I know it is hard for a Goldfish, but yelling Racist does not excuse you from thinking.

As for voters, after freeing the Blacks, giving them the vote, women were still excluded, and the main act of freedom that followed was genocide against the Native Americans, putting the survivors in camps, and stealing the inheritance of their children, because you said they were not human.

That is a bit different than saying Blacks were not ready for self government.

Even after the conditions of Black Liberation, we did not kill them, put them in camps, we lived together much like we had before.

It was the Blacks that produced the food for the war, and who were at home protecting the women and children.

After the war we did not exclude the Blacks, Every town had Black sections, Churches, and they were taught the arts of civilization. Education took a hundred years to raise them to a Forth Grade level.

It may sound different today, but during the war on both sides, only 25% of the men could read and write, at a forth grade level.

WWII was total draft. The educational level was half way through the Eighth Grade with a C-.

That is the GED level, and what education was producing in 1963.

School Integration did not improve education. Private schools took the best students and teachers. The level of public education dropped.

Worse, subjects like Geography and History were dropped, and the focus became teaching reading, writing, arithmetic at an Eighth Grade level.

America was not dumb, the world was. We lead the world back then.

The result of Social Engineering through schools, America is now 47th, between Bulgaria and Albania in education.

More than low wages, business has said the went offshore for an educated workforce, something they could not find in America. Our National Education Attainment has not progressed since WWII.

There is not an equal race population in America, the Bible Belt, Black Belt is about 50/50. Most of the North and West, less than 10%. According to Black People, Black students are treated stricter by teachers, punished harder for the same offense, failed more often, and pushed to dropping out. The closer to graduation, the whiter the class.

Universities had to lower their standards because the incoming students were not prepared.

Older educated people say a College Grad now has less education than a High School grad from before WWII.

America does not produce enough people with a Math education to replace our Math Teachers. In most Universities the Math Department is staffed by Arabs, Koreans, Indians, and the same in business, when STEM knowledge is needed.

At my local University, everyone has to pass two Algebra courses. Except education Majors who can take Fun With Numbers, and Middle School Math. A fair number of people cannot get a degree, because they have failed to pass Algebra, and what we are sending to the lower classrooms skipped it.

This is America, Post Social Engineering, to combat Racism. Education was destroyed to reach higher Social Goals?

We had a rising tide, from 25% of males having a Forth Grade education, 1861, to all males having an Eighth Grade Education, WWII. There was not that much difference between Black and White education levels in 1963.

Social Engineering has destroyed education. High School grads have a GED half way through the Eighth Grade with a C- education, and are not prepared for higher education. Union Teachers turn out a minimal product.

The goal of ending racism by having Black and White students in the same room, has ended education, and increased racism.

We did treat Black people like children, guided them to growing up, and like children, they listened because they knew we were doing the best we could. Social Engineering broke up the developed Social Bond, did not deliver, and left a lot of Black people bitter and racist.

In general, we see that the destruction of Public Education was to give an advantage to those who already had advantages, Liberal, Private Education, Northern, getting all the Degrees and good jobs.

There are less jobs, recent grads have a hard time, they had to go in debt to get educated, and it does seem an educated class wants to keep their position, even if it crashes the economy and the country.

The American Dream of rising Education and Income for all was sabotaged by Social Engineering.



Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 42,590
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

27 Jun 2015, 8:00 pm

Inventor wrote:
I know it is hard for a Goldfish, but yelling Racist does not excuse you from thinking.

As for voters, after freeing the Blacks, giving them the vote, women were still excluded, and the main act of freedom that followed was genocide against the Native Americans, putting the survivors in camps, and stealing the inheritance of their children, because you said they were not human.

That is a bit different than saying Blacks were not ready for self government.

Even after the conditions of Black Liberation, we did not kill them, put them in camps, we lived together much like we had before.

It was the Blacks that produced the food for the war, and who were at home protecting the women and children.

After the war we did not exclude the Blacks, Every town had Black sections, Churches, and they were taught the arts of civilization. Education took a hundred years to raise them to a Forth Grade level.

It may sound different today, but during the war on both sides, only 25% of the men could read and write, at a forth grade level.

WWII was total draft. The educational level was half way through the Eighth Grade with a C-.

That is the GED level, and what education was producing in 1963.

School Integration did not improve education. Private schools took the best students and teachers. The level of public education dropped.

Worse, subjects like Geography and History were dropped, and the focus became teaching reading, writing, arithmetic at an Eighth Grade level.

America was not dumb, the world was. We lead the world back then.

The result of Social Engineering through schools, America is now 47th, between Bulgaria and Albania in education.

More than low wages, business has said the went offshore for an educated workforce, something they could not find in America. Our National Education Attainment has not progressed since WWII.

There is not an equal race population in America, the Bible Belt, Black Belt is about 50/50. Most of the North and West, less than 10%. According to Black People, Black students are treated stricter by teachers, punished harder for the same offense, failed more often, and pushed to dropping out. The closer to graduation, the whiter the class.

Universities had to lower their standards because the incoming students were not prepared.

Older educated people say a College Grad now has less education than a High School grad from before WWII.

America does not produce enough people with a Math education to replace our Math Teachers. In most Universities the Math Department is staffed by Arabs, Koreans, Indians, and the same in business, when STEM knowledge is needed.

At my local University, everyone has to pass two Algebra courses. Except education Majors who can take Fun With Numbers, and Middle School Math. A fair number of people cannot get a degree, because they have failed to pass Algebra, and what we are sending to the lower classrooms skipped it.

This is America, Post Social Engineering, to combat Racism. Education was destroyed to reach higher Social Goals?

We had a rising tide, from 25% of males having a Forth Grade education, 1861, to all males having an Eighth Grade Education, WWII. There was not that much difference between Black and White education levels in 1963.

Social Engineering has destroyed education. High School grads have a GED half way through the Eighth Grade with a C- education, and are not prepared for higher education. Union Teachers turn out a minimal product.

The goal of ending racism by having Black and White students in the same room, has ended education, and increased racism.

We did treat Black people like children, guided them to growing up, and like children, they listened because they knew we were doing the best we could. Social Engineering broke up the developed Social Bond, did not deliver, and left a lot of Black people bitter and racist.

In general, we see that the destruction of Public Education was to give an advantage to those who already had advantages, Liberal, Private Education, Northern, getting all the Degrees and good jobs.

There are less jobs, recent grads have a hard time, they had to go in debt to get educated, and it does seem an educated class wants to keep their position, even if it crashes the economy and the country.

The American Dream of rising Education and Income for all was sabotaged by Social Engineering.


I'm not sure if your rambling post actually addressed much of what I had said.
As I believe you had said that you were 79, I think it's fair to say that you and I have a different view of history simply because of the formative times and places we each had been raised in.


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


blauSamstag
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 5 Apr 2011
Age: 45
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,026

27 Jun 2015, 10:22 pm

aghogday wrote:
TED TALKS ARE NO fly by night amateur blog show; they are the real deal; and not just anyone gets to come on that science show. If you do not watch them; there is no way one could assess that one way or the other; but that is your business and not mine.


That's just the thing.

TED talks are a fly by night *professional blog show.



aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 25 Nov 2010
Age: 61
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,678

27 Jun 2015, 11:48 pm

blauSamstag wrote:
aghogday wrote:
TED TALKS ARE NO fly by night amateur blog show; they are the real deal; and not just anyone gets to come on that science show. If you do not watch them; there is no way one could assess that one way or the other; but that is your business and not mine.


That's just the thing.

TED talks are a fly by night *professional blog show.


https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TED_(conference)

Not sure if you understand what 'TED' really is; but there's the reference if you are interested.

'TED' is damn sure more informing than anything on this forum. I just come here for fun; and rarely
learn anything here new; as folks, generally speaking, are stuck inside the box of grade school, or less.

And yes, Grade school, per this metaphor includes the grades of structured college study.

I Don't mean to discriminate, in a personal way; but that's just an empirically assessed FACT.


_________________
KATiE MiA FredericK!iI

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick


blauSamstag
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 5 Apr 2011
Age: 45
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,026

28 Jun 2015, 12:02 am

aghogday wrote:
blauSamstag wrote:
aghogday wrote:
TED TALKS ARE NO fly by night amateur blog show; they are the real deal; and not just anyone gets to come on that science show. If you do not watch them; there is no way one could assess that one way or the other; but that is your business and not mine.


That's just the thing.

TED talks are a fly by night *professional blog show.


https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TED_(conference)

Not sure if you understand what 'TED' really is; but there's the reference if you are interested.

'TED' is damn sure more informing than anything on this forum. I just come here for fun; and rarely
learn anything here new; as folks, generally speaking, are stuck inside the box of grade school, or less.

And yes, Grade school, per this metaphor includes the grades of structured college study.

I Don't mean to discriminate, in a personal way; but that's just an empirically assessed FACT.


*shrug* and i think TED talks are BS fluff pieces



aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 25 Nov 2010
Age: 61
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,678

28 Jun 2015, 12:26 am

blauSamstag wrote:
aghogday wrote:
blauSamstag wrote:
aghogday wrote:
TED TALKS ARE NO fly by night amateur blog show; they are the real deal; and not just anyone gets to come on that science show. If you do not watch them; there is no way one could assess that one way or the other; but that is your business and not mine.


That's just the thing.

TED talks are a fly by night *professional blog show.


https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TED_(conference)

Not sure if you understand what 'TED' really is; but there's the reference if you are interested.

'TED' is damn sure more informing than anything on this forum. I just come here for fun; and rarely
learn anything here new; as folks, generally speaking, are stuck inside the box of grade school, or less.

And yes, Grade school, per this metaphor includes the grades of structured college study.

I Don't mean to discriminate, in a personal way; but that's just an empirically assessed FACT.


*shrug* and i think TED talks are BS fluff pieces


If anyone learns anything at all from a PPR forum it truly should be that BS and fluff run the world;
always has, always will; best to learn to master it; I for one do and am hugely successful at it in the
real flesh and blood world, empirically assessed as such in documentation; most everything online
is fluff and BS; as inconsequential to real life and often a barrier to living
real life at all.

For me it's just a palette for art or what you
might call BS and fluff; however
it Frigging works for success in
REAL FLESH AND BLOOD LIFE;
and I prove that every day;
YES, empirically assessed
in blog fluff
documentation..;)


_________________
KATiE MiA FredericK!iI

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick


Inventor
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 15 Feb 2007
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,014
Location: New Orleans

28 Jun 2015, 4:38 am

I am 70. I do not think our difference of opinion is due to age.

Conservative means keeping what works, that hundred years of progress toward a goal of a better life.

Liberals seem to think that all that is needed is passing a Law, and then everyone will have the benefits they do, or want.

Being born to poor uneducated Black parents in rural Alabama is not the same as being born white middle class in the North.

The South did take an illiterate population and educate them. Schools were paid for by landowners.

Black Universities were set up from 1870, as we needed Black teachers. With all people, some are smarter, and we supported that.

It was a long slow progress, but it was working.

This compares with the genocide of Native Americans, placing survivors on Reservations, without education.

Later it was Boarding Schools where children were taken from their parents, people, forbidden to speak their language, and forced to act white. The Boarding Schools were run by religions. They were taught to be white, where only the teachers and staff were white. Locally, Reservation children were not allowed in White Schools.

The South treated freed slaves better than the North treated free Nations.

The destruction of Public Education in the South did not benefit the South. Boarding Schools did not benefit Native Americans.

Liberal Social Engineering has not worked, it has destroyed a hundred years of Conservative slow progress.

Before Civil Rights, we did not have the percentage of Black males in prison. We had more two parent Black families.
Education levels were rising slowly, income was rising, Black people were not killing Black people.

Now the failure of Liberal Social Engineering is being blamed on Racism, from Southern White Men.

As Malcolm X said, "The chickens will come home to roost."

The Education System has failed. The USA is now 47th.

The Economy has failed. Jobs left in search of an educated workforce.

The Dollar was an ounce of Silver in 1963. Silver is now over $15.

The Social System is a mess, fragmented.

The USA has lost every war since WWII, and we have been in a lot.

The National Debt is out of control.

Recent generations find a much lower level of opportunity.

The Infrastructure is falling apart.

America is looking like Detroit, Saint Louis, Memphis. And a hundred others.

Europe rebuilt after two major wars. China builds new cities connected by high speed rail.

99% of the wealth is controlled by 1% of the people. They fund Liberal causes.

Conservative Constitutionists are not the problem.



Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 42,590
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

28 Jun 2015, 12:04 pm

Inventor wrote:
I am 70. I do not think our difference of opinion is due to age.

Conservative means keeping what works, that hundred years of progress toward a goal of a better life.

Liberals seem to think that all that is needed is passing a Law, and then everyone will have the benefits they do, or want.

Being born to poor uneducated Black parents in rural Alabama is not the same as being born white middle class in the North.

The South did take an illiterate population and educate them. Schools were paid for by landowners.

Black Universities were set up from 1870, as we needed Black teachers. With all people, some are smarter, and we supported that.

It was a long slow progress, but it was working.

This compares with the genocide of Native Americans, placing survivors on Reservations, without education.

Later it was Boarding Schools where children were taken from their parents, people, forbidden to speak their language, and forced to act white. The Boarding Schools were run by religions. They were taught to be white, where only the teachers and staff were white. Locally, Reservation children were not allowed in White Schools.

The South treated freed slaves better than the North treated free Nations.

The destruction of Public Education in the South did not benefit the South. Boarding Schools did not benefit Native Americans.

Liberal Social Engineering has not worked, it has destroyed a hundred years of Conservative slow progress.

Before Civil Rights, we did not have the percentage of Black males in prison. We had more two parent Black families.
Education levels were rising slowly, income was rising, Black people were not killing Black people.

Now the failure of Liberal Social Engineering is being blamed on Racism, from Southern White Men.

As Malcolm X said, "The chickens will come home to roost."

The Education System has failed. The USA is now 47th.

The Economy has failed. Jobs left in search of an educated workforce.

The Dollar was an ounce of Silver in 1963. Silver is now over $15.

The Social System is a mess, fragmented.

The USA has lost every war since WWII, and we have been in a lot.

The National Debt is out of control.

Recent generations find a much lower level of opportunity.

The Infrastructure is falling apart.

America is looking like Detroit, Saint Louis, Memphis. And a hundred others.

Europe rebuilt after two major wars. China builds new cities connected by high speed rail.

99% of the wealth is controlled by 1% of the people. They fund Liberal causes.

Conservative Constitutionists are not the problem.


Now, you can't seriously tell me that southern conservatives were out to help blacks - the continuation of the social ladder, with blacks at the bottom wrung, was the intent, as poor whites were content to be kept a single wrung higher with the knowledge that they were "better than the n*gger." The whole point was keeping up the status quo of the social order, which those wealthy landowners benefited from. And another thing, I'm sorry, but I don't believe for a minute that separation of the races in the educational system in particular was meant to benefit blacks. The late Jesse Helms' political campaign in which he played up on the so called threat of race mixing in integrated public schools reveals the real reason for schools separated by race. And no, I'm not saying that my part of the country is any better, as Native Americans were put on reservations because whites didn't want to live with them, or be anywhere near them.
And why would anyone want to wait for slow, conservative growth? I, for one, would want my freedom and rights NOW. That was the intent of Radical Reconstruction in post Civil War days, and that was the meaning behind modern civil rights legislation. No one should have to wait to be free.


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


blauSamstag
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 5 Apr 2011
Age: 45
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,026

28 Jun 2015, 3:07 pm

It could be argued that we haven't bothered to fight a war since WWII.

We fought many battles, but we half-ass the wars. Because we don't have the stomach for it.



Fugu
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 2 Dec 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,074
Location: Dallas

28 Jun 2015, 9:12 pm

Dox47 wrote:
Fugu wrote:
it's not guilt by association when racism is driving political efforts on the right in an obvious fashion.


Is it? Since it's so obvious, it should be no problem at all for you to provide some examples of such race driven political efforts, preferably ones not better explained by partisanship.
how about the fact that a similar bill to the ACA[link] was proposed by the conservative think tank The Heritage Foundation in 1989, and was championed by conservatives at the time, but 26 years later and a black man is running with it and look what happens.
Quote:
Fugu wrote:
a recent example of this would be the furor over the legitimacy of Obama's birth certificate.


That merely demonstrates a certain ruthlessness in going after a political opponent using whatever is available; proving actual racism is much trickier, though I'm beginning to suspect you don't actually know what it it.
the fact that it's being perpetuated by politicians that should know very well what vetting for the president's office requires speaks very loudly. as for the ruthlessness, if that was the case, why have we not been hearing about John Mccain's birth certificate for as long as it was a thing for Obama's?



Inventor
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 15 Feb 2007
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,014
Location: New Orleans

29 Jun 2015, 1:34 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Inventor wrote:
I am 70. I do not think our difference of opinion is due to age.

Conservative means keeping what works, that hundred years of progress toward a goal of a better life.

Liberals seem to think that all that is needed is passing a Law, and then everyone will have the benefits they do, or want.

Being born to poor uneducated Black parents in rural Alabama is not the same as being born white middle class in the North.

The South did take an illiterate population and educate them. Schools were paid for by landowners.

Black Universities were set up from 1870, as we needed Black teachers. With all people, some are smarter, and we supported that.

It was a long slow progress, but it was working.

This compares with the genocide of Native Americans, placing survivors on Reservations, without education.

Later it was Boarding Schools where children were taken from their parents, people, forbidden to speak their language, and forced to act white. The Boarding Schools were run by religions. They were taught to be white, where only the teachers and staff were white. Locally, Reservation children were not allowed in White Schools.

The South treated freed slaves better than the North treated free Nations.

The destruction of Public Education in the South did not benefit the South. Boarding Schools did not benefit Native Americans.

Liberal Social Engineering has not worked, it has destroyed a hundred years of Conservative slow progress.

Before Civil Rights, we did not have the percentage of Black males in prison. We had more two parent Black families.
Education levels were rising slowly, income was rising, Black people were not killing Black people.

Now the failure of Liberal Social Engineering is being blamed on Racism, from Southern White Men.

As Malcolm X said, "The chickens will come home to roost."

The Education System has failed. The USA is now 47th.

The Economy has failed. Jobs left in search of an educated workforce.

The Dollar was an ounce of Silver in 1963. Silver is now over $15.

The Social System is a mess, fragmented.

The USA has lost every war since WWII, and we have been in a lot.

The National Debt is out of control.

Recent generations find a much lower level of opportunity.

The Infrastructure is falling apart.

America is looking like Detroit, Saint Louis, Memphis. And a hundred others.

Europe rebuilt after two major wars. China builds new cities connected by high speed rail.

99% of the wealth is controlled by 1% of the people. They fund Liberal causes.

Conservative Constitutionists are not the problem.


Now, you can't seriously tell me that southern conservatives were out to help blacks - the continuation of the social ladder, with blacks at the bottom wrung, was the intent, as poor whites were content to be kept a single wrung higher with the knowledge that they were "better than the n*gger." The whole point was keeping up the status quo of the social order, which those wealthy landowners benefited from. And another thing, I'm sorry, but I don't believe for a minute that separation of the races in the educational system in particular was meant to benefit blacks. The late Jesse Helms' political campaign in which he played up on the so called threat of race mixing in integrated public schools reveals the real reason for schools separated by race. And no, I'm not saying that my part of the country is any better, as Native Americans were put on reservations because whites didn't want to live with them, or be anywhere near them.
And why would anyone want to wait for slow, conservative growth? I, for one, would want my freedom and rights NOW. That was the intent of Radical Reconstruction in post Civil War days, and that was the meaning behind modern civil rights legislation. No one should have to wait to be free.


By 1963 our education system of separate but equal had raised Blacks to the level of everyone as measured during WWII. It also provided jobs for Black Teachers, Principals, which supported Black Universities. Martin Luther King went to one. He was a well educated man, great speaker, and a product of our system. He was a D.D. and spoke as a Christian.

Booker T. Washington attended Black Universities. Blacks were showing up in Science and Letters, when they were never seen on a University campus outside of the south.

The education that supported the Civil Rights Era came from economic support from Conservative White land owners. We paid for the land, buildings, staff, and student support, and it was all run by Black People.

As would be expected, with the Black population being half of the south, some people rose higher than others.

Just like White People. We were producing both a Black and White upper class, Teachers, Doctors, Ministers, Lawyers.

It was teaching the Blacks how Civilization worked. We also had Black Farmers, Cattlemen, Mechanics, Plumbers, and other trades. Some jobs were almost reserved for Blacks. Painting, Roofing, Fencing, logging.

Everyone will eat, even if they have to steal to do it. Before Welfare and Food Stamps, creating local work for all kept honest people honest.

We did the same for poor whites. Small sawmills dotted the South, all along train lines, we exported pine and labor.

None of these people could have supported themselves. They could not go down the street and find a job, streets were short, lead to a pine forest or a swamp.

Black people owned shucking oysters, picking shrimp. In my town, eighty miles from the Gulf oyster beds, they were brought in by the truck load, shucked, packed, frozen, and shipped to inland markets. Then the shells were crushed and sacked, and sold to feed chickens. Grit for the craw, calcium for making eggshells.

We imported work to provide full employment. The South did high labor jobs.

The Choctaw of Mississippi did wiring harness assembly for Detroit. Within a few years they ran out of Choctaw to hire, so they hired blacks and whites, and moved the Choctaw into injection molding, then hired more and now have over five major injection molding plants. They make Sporks, forks, and drink cups for fast food.

The Choctaw were slave owners, when slaves were freed, they spoke Choctaw, had the customs, and were adopted as full tribal members. So we have Mardi Gras Indians, who dress the part as Michael Jackson might, and parade. They are Black, but are Federally Enrolled Tribal Members.

The Choctaw are the tenth largest employer in Mississippi, and growing rapidly. They also have a Hotel, Golf Course, and Casino.

Since Reservation Status gives them a Tax Break, they make major donations to Schools, Fire Departments, Public Hospitals, Police, which borders on money laundering of deductions. Two year Community Tech Schools are all over. They are bringing in the homeschooled and Christian Academy students, teaching skills that will lead to direct local employment.

The Choctaw also pay for ongoing schooling, and have excellent Medical, Dental, and 401ks.

They are know as one of the Five Civilized Tribes, and have been here since the last ice age.

They are doing the same Conservative things that have been shown to work over time.

Only children think they can have instant education and economic equality.

The South someone told you about has not existed since Reconstruction, and the people who spread the story were run out at gunpoint.

This is the New South, we drive BMWs, with a gun rack.



Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 28 Jan 2008
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,671
Location: Seattle

29 Jun 2015, 1:41 am

Fugu wrote:
how about the fact that a similar bill to the ACA[link] was proposed by the conservative think tank The Heritage Foundation in 1989, and was championed by conservatives at the time, but 26 years later and a black man is running with it and look what happens.


I just have to say, you're really bad at this. Parties change in 26 years (it took less time than that for the southern realignment), and parties attack things they ostensibly support when it's proposed by the other party all the time, there are even studies proving how it works, that if you label the exact same plan as the GOP plan or the Democratic plan, partisans will support or oppose it based on party rather than policy. That's really all you've got to "prove" how racist the Republicans are?


Fugu wrote:
the fact that it's being perpetuated by politicians that should know very well what vetting for the president's office requires speaks very loudly. as for the ruthlessness, if that was the case, why have we not been hearing about John Mccain's birth certificate for as long as it was a thing for Obama's?


Probably because McCain doesn't have a foreign sounding name and a foreign national father, it wouldn't have been an effective strategy. Also, you don't seem to understand how citizenship works, as it does not matter where McCain was born in light of his parentage.

Try again.


_________________
Murum Aries Attigit