Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

superpentil
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

23 Jun 2015, 3:32 pm

If you lose such a thing does that make you weak? Is that weakness something to be celebrated or hated? Did you deserve to exist if you lose it? Is it an insult to others who still have it? When you lose it is it from depression or just a logical step? Does that mean you're insane or are others driving you insane from their insanity?

Some questions that have been bothering me lately.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 175 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 37 of 200
You are very likely neurodiverse (Aspie)

blauSamstag
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2015, 6:12 pm

How do you define weak?

Inventor
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2015, 6:45 pm

That goes along with The Will To Breath. It is hard to stop doing, and best ignored.

Life has its ups and downs, most comes from outside yourself.

We are just along for the ride.

What I thought I knew later proved to be wrong, by events which were proved wrong in turn.

Sometimes the opening credits set the mood for the film, then there is a long story that does not have a clear line, and ends when they run out of money.

Large sections of the Universe do seem to be useless filler.

In other places I found what I was good at, and could put the whole force of the Universe behind.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2015, 12:25 am

The greatest passions in my life are inspired in freedom of being who I am; and not dictated by others.
However, I as a so-called 'normal' human being find others to connect to; to be a necessity to fully enjoy life.
The balance of life for me is finding a happy medium to be me and get along with others, as well in flesh life.

Online is capricious as there are not as many built in flesh and blood inhibitors for folks NOT to go 'postal' on
their fellow human beings, even if only in verbal abuse.

As long as I can freely express my emotions and senses and physical intelligence abilities greater, the will
to survive is a piece of cake for me; but put me in a repressive office environment without the ability
to move in balance, and my emotions will fade away; and the will to survive, although certainly, overall,
will still be alive in focus; it will grow weaker and make life turmoil instead of bliss..:)

There are no easy peace of mind answers in life; and to move to easIER
is to escape the cultural memes of repressing humans emotional and sensory
capacities for fuller human freedoms, in a greaTEST PASSION, IN Will to live
as ever noted before; life is a long journey for those who live it fully
and there is never any knowing what true greaTEST WILL COME FOR
THOSE who are NOT held back by others..:)

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

adifferentname
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2015, 5:22 am

superpentil wrote:
If you lose such a thing does that make you weak? Is that weakness something to be celebrated or hated? Did you deserve to exist if you lose it? Is it an insult to others who still have it? When you lose it is it from depression or just a logical step? Does that mean you're insane or are others driving you insane from their insanity?

Some questions that have been bothering me lately.

You would need to ask someone who has been on the brink, who has attempted and failed to take their own life. Even then, I'm certain you would get as many different answers as people you asked.

As for weakness or insult, I don't think either of these really applies - though it depends on your definitions.

superpentil
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

27 Jun 2015, 3:45 am

Quote:
How do you define weak?

Personally I guess if someone else suffers more and handles it well while you suffer relatively less and far worse then I guess that could qualify as weak. People could make the argument that everyone is different but still the question is raised why couldn't you be good at everything (or everything that matters, which also depends on definition)? Is that impossible or at the very least improbable? Like someone else said it would depend on your definition.

EdgySpirit
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 Jun 2015, 6:31 am

Life for an aspie is tough. We have to out of with a lot of stuff that others do not. Sometimes we have to do this without even realising that we have a nurological condition.

Autism isn't mild if the impacts are significant. Doesn't matter if you are high or low functioning. Doesn't matter if you can pass yourself of as nurotypical for most of the time.

"Never judge a man until you have walked a day in his moccasins" the saying goes. Don't judge yourself because someone else hasn't realised what it is like to be in your moccasins. It isn't the same for them.

Zajie
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2015, 12:52 pm

Well from my point of view if you don't want to live because you can't deal with things then it's weakness but if you're thinking there's no point in life or something then that's from your way of thinking and logic, either way both reasons are somehow linked anyway.