What do you think about forced vaccination?

Page 1 of 3 [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

pawelk1986
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2015, 12:12 pm

My mom thinks I have not been vaccinated in the past, it might would be healthier.

Today I watched a program about Polio vaccination campaign in Afghanistan and Pakistan. The Taliban are against it because they think that a vaccine program is just a cover for the CIA to poison Muslims, but believe that it's not only them but the whole world that Americans want to control the world's population.
On TV they said that the mullahs were against, so in areas controlled by the Taliban 80-99% of parents refused vaccination of their children and themselves.
Pakistani authorities have taken the matter in their own hand, and sent doctors, assisted by the Pakistan army to forcibly compel people to vaccination, it did not last long, because the Taliban had captured several military and doctors and beheaded make video about this an put it on YouTube, and latter blew up local Pakistani hospital, which coordinated vaccination campaigns in that region.

I watched an interview with Talib who boasted and laughed for the cameras that he is responsible(honestly it would be nice if some night British SAS or American Delta Force make him visit :D )

Although I am against vaccination, and share some reservations, sometimes I think that Americans have the right leading to its "war on terror"

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2015, 12:34 pm

Never trust the Taliban.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

03 Jan 2015, 4:59 pm

pawelk1986 wrote:
My mom thinks I have not been vaccinated in the past, it might would be healthier.

Your mother is wrong - you could only have been worse.

Generally I think forcing people to do something is a bad idea. You could probably get better vaccination uptake if it were optional.

There's a damn good case with polio though.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2015, 5:08 pm

The alternative to forced vaccinations is a world in which terrorism takes a back seat to polio, diphtheria, pertussis ("whooping cough"), measles, mumps, rubella, tetanus, and typhoid fever.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

andrethemoogle
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2015, 5:31 pm

Fnord wrote:
The alternative to forced vaccinations is a world in which terrorism takes a back seat to polio, diphtheria, pertussis ("whooping cough"), measles, mumps, rubella, tetanus, and typhoid fever.

This. Vaccinations are good, so please, for the love of all things holy, don't think vaccinations caused you being on the spectrum. As well, if you have kids, make sure they are vaccinated.

CalicoCat
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

03 Jan 2015, 6:03 pm

It's also not just about an individual getting vaccinated, when you refuse to get vaccinated you put other people at risk, people who can't be vaccinated (age, allergy, etc), people who are vaccinated (most vaccines are not 100% effective), people like my sister who are sick.

While I support people's right to do what they want, you do NOT have a right to put my family in jeopardy. The data linking autism and vaccines was faked, Wakefield admitted that. I also find it odd that even IF there were a link (which there isn't) people would rather their child die of polio, or be stuck in an iron lung for the rest of their life, than risk turning out like us.

Have you ever talked to polio survivors? Many of them never really recover from polio, some being unable to breathe or walk on their own. I think in many cases the anti-vaccine movement has forgotten the horror of these diseases. Although I do not think that is the case in Taliban controlled areas, there I think people are just too scared of the Taliban (understandably).

pawelk1986
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2015, 6:27 pm

The_Walrus wrote:
pawelk1986 wrote:

Your mother is wrong - you could only have been worse.

Generally I think forcing people to do something is a bad idea. You could probably get better vaccination uptake if it were optional.

There's a damn good case with polio though.

I've heard that autism can be caused by the vaccine.
This is a forum for the autistic, so we can discuss it more deeply.

I remember once I saw with my mom about autism program on the Discovery Channel. Scientists have debated whether there autism can be caused by the vaccine.
My mom said that she was sure from the very beginning, even before he was diagnosed with Asperger Syndrome me that all my allergies, problems with malabsorption, are the result of these vaccines.

When I was little, right after the birth, I was vaccinated, I got an anaphylactic reaction, a crisis situation. Then I got an entry in the health books, compulsory for every child in Poland, from birth to 19 years of age, I am relieved from all mandatory vaccinations due to medical reasons.

My mom believes that these mandatory vaccinations were invented by morons who want to make money. My mom thinks that the only justification for it if it is a threat serious infectious disease, or someone is going to some of the Epidemic outbreak of the country, such as in Africa. But the We Poles that we can not afford to travel abroad, this problem does not exist.

And since we are talking now about the Policies.
My mom told me the story of how a communist apparatchik from Wroclaw (my home town) was once on a diplomatic visit in India, I do not remember. It was apparently in the 60s, in briefly after his return he got a high fever and bruising all over his body and shorty after that died. To Wroclaw came across Polish doctors to examine the corpse of this commie, they found to their horror that the cause of death was infection with Variola vera, namely smallpox.

The government in Warsaw panicked ordered quarantine the entire city and forced vaccination of all residents of Wroclaw, my mom thinks it was all a exaggerated in the end fell ill and died only a few people.
My mom says that when the smallpox vaccine was left disfigured scar on her shoulder.

I also saw an interview with one of our Wroclaw musician, now that the old man. He told that the quarantine was lifted as he went to Gdansk, and there like every Polish city of that time public transport was very crowded.

He said, "Good morning, I'm from Wroclaw," and after a while all the seats in the bus were only for him :mrgreen:

http://pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epidemia_o ... %281963%29

andrethemoogle
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2015, 6:34 pm

No, vaccinations do not cause Autism. It's a horses**t theory proposed by a fraud doctor, who even admitted it. It's been debunked countless times and will continue to be a fallacy in the future.

You were born on the spectrum, no vaccines that are meant to save your life would cause it.

Narrator
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2015, 7:02 pm

Here in Australia we have a free vaccination program for kids. Until recently it stopped polio, measles and the whole raft of diseases that it was designed to stop.

But recently, due to media beat-up of supposed consequences, many have been opting out of the vaccinations. This has resulted in several outbreaks of these diseases that haven't been seen for decades.

I don't agree with forced vaccination, but the fear-mongering against them has produced consequences.

And a blank look rarely means a blank mind.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2015, 7:12 pm

Narrator wrote:
Here in Australia we have a free vaccination program for kids. Until recently it stopped polio, measles and the whole raft of diseases that it was designed to stop. But recently, due to media beat-up of supposed consequences, many have been opting out of the vaccinations. This has resulted in several outbreaks of these diseases that haven't been seen for decades. I don't agree with forced vaccination, but the fear-mongering against them has produced consequences.
The really tragic part of this is that the parents made the choices that their children will have to live with and that some of those children will die from.

I wonder how those parents will explain to their paralysed children that the reason they contracted polio was because mummy and daddy only wanted the best for them.

pawelk1986
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2015, 7:22 pm

Vaccine may help some, but for me had the opposite effect, I almost died because I had an allergic reaction,

What do you think about this hysteria on the swine flu?

I mentioned earlier about the hysteria that happened in the 60s when some of our communist dignitary contracted smallpox during his visit in India, then there was mass hysteria across Poland despite the fact that only a few people died.

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2015, 8:06 pm

i was forced to be vaccinated because only vaccinated children could attend school and parents went to jail if their kids didn't attend school. i think this is totally reasonable. i am allergic to the smallpox vaccine. if there is ever a smallpox bioterror attack, i will be depending on everyone else to get vaccinated to prevent the disease being spread to me. i get my flu shot every year and update my tetanus every ten years. i've seen tetanus and it isn't pretty.

lest you say my vaccines caused my autism, my dad was autistic and he wasn't vaccinated.

multiple studies involving thousands of children have shown zero relationship between vaccines and autism.

CalicoCat
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

03 Jan 2015, 8:18 pm

Nobody is denying that vaccines can cause allergic reactions, but they do NOT cause Autism. I myself had a reaction to the whooping cough vaccine, and did not complete the series.

People who think vaccines cause Autism cite Andrew Wakefield, who admitted to faking parts of his research in exchange for money. Children have died because of Andrew Wakefield, because their parents didn't vaccinate them.

Yes, sometimes governments over-react, this could have been the case with the smallpox. On the other hand, if they hadn't acted as they did, more people might have died.

Some background, in the United States, it is very easy to get out of vaccinating your child, some people do so because they are afraid of the supposed link with autism which does not exist. Child are dying because of that.

Please, look for scientific evidence of a link, but all the evidence there is, says there isn't one.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2015, 10:48 pm

In regard to the Taliban beheading the soldiers and doctors trying to vaccinate children - and I thought the anti-vac people around here were assh*les. At least that ditz Jenny McCarthy never decapitated anyone!

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2015, 10:39 am

I don't get why it's called "forced" when other things are required by law and not everyone agrees with it but that's mainly because common sense isn't very common. It wasn't that long ago there was no law to wear seat belts or not to smoke in public.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2015, 12:08 pm

The best way to keep people from doing something is to tell them they have to do it.