Page 1 of 8 [ 118 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2015, 2:15 pm

Why is it whenever something stands atop the tallest building and screams RACISM!! !! at highest volume and it's absolutely clear to anyone who happens to have two brain cells that's what it is but Republicans will downplay it or act like it's not. Why are Republicans so scared of calling something racist when it's so obvious that's what it is. They would get a lot more votes if they had the guts to call it for what it is instead of pretending like it doesn't exist.

Republicans are already downplaying Charleston shooter Dylann Roof's clearly racist ideology:

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/201 ... n-shooting

I would like to hear from one Republican's mouth, and that includes talking heads like Limbaugh and Hannity, Dylann Roof is a racist and was motivated to kill by his own racist ideology. What is so difficult about that? I would feel so much better about them if they could at least face reality!

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2015, 4:20 pm

Hate-filled republican here. :D
Yes, Dylann Roof is a racist and has been. There is little that can be done to conceal that.
Of course, I don't have a clue what Limbaugh or Hannity are saying about it because I am not one of thier listeners.
I seems that most of Limbaugh and Hannity's fans are liberals since it's almost always liberals that I hear from regarding them.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2015, 4:45 pm

No one is saying Republicans are full of hate, just they have this desire to not face racism even if it's glaringly obvious and I have no idea why. They want to say, he's just a very sick person and that may be true but it is equally true the very sick person in question is also a dyed in the wool racist and you cannot brush it aside or deny it. It's as plain as a nostril in a nose.

Maybe they worry the will alienate their voters?

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

20 Jun 2015, 4:51 pm

Dylan Roof and the horrible crime he committed doesn't have anything to do with the politics of Republicans and Democrats. Cable news is narrative not fact based so the facts get forgotten the second they don't match the narrative; they do this on MSNBC, Fox News, CNN, it doesn't matter.

Lukecash12
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2015, 4:58 pm

Jacoby wrote:
Dylan Roof and the horrible crime he committed doesn't have anything to do with the politics of Republicans and Democrats. Cable news is narrative not fact based so the facts get forgotten the second they don't match the narrative; they do this on MSNBC, Fox News, CNN, it doesn't matter.

Exactly, take one look at some of the more reputable thinktanks or journalistic sources and you will see an entirely different side to the discussion. Cable news is sensationalism, interspersed with a meager little splash of conscientiousness.

Inventor
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2015, 6:14 pm

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
No one is saying Republicans are full of hate, just they have this desire to not face racism even if it's glaringly obvious and I have no idea why. They want to say, he's just a very sick person and that may be true but it is equally true the very sick person in question is also a dyed in the wool racist and you cannot brush it aside or deny it. It's as plain as a nostril in a nose.

Maybe they worry the will alienate their voters?

The other side of that is the Liberal, There Are No Races, We Are All The Same!

That then turns when some Non Race Person disagrees with them to, That's Racist!

Worst, when some Black Republican Businessman says, lets reduce or abolish the Minimum Wage, until we have over full employment, then Market forces will continue full employment, and drive up wages.

This Oreo Uncle Tom Racist is going to catch it from all directions.

Education is required, a transition to employment is the desired goal, and study shows that learning another language after college is rare, the brain loses ability, and after college, those who have never worked, become employed students. They are stuck in a mindset of all it takes is a passing grade. They are educated, so they know it all.

Those the same age who have worked, expand their job, prepare to fill in for their boss, and work with the intent to get promoted out of the entry level, by showing drive, ability, and a loyalty to the Company that produces their paycheck.

If School Children were put out to work one day a week, it would make up for the cut in recess. We have roads schools, beaches, river banks, and playgrounds that need cleaning. Recycled materials need to be hand sorted. We tax workers, we can put a labor tax on students.

Being engaged in the function of keeping a civilization running from a young age, also opens work as Day Care, Senior Entertainment, visit nursing homes and hospitals, where developed social skills can be applied.

Being engaged is the main thing between most, and the alienated who drop out and do not engage in employment. For them they never got a foot in the door, never learned how, and the rest of their life is about missing the bus once.

Liberals would call this Racist Slavery. Making children pay dues to gain the benefits of the culture they are joining is just wrong. A day spent running behind the garbage truck picking up all the spilt trash, would be more of a workout than any School Track Team. It would also give a chance to ponder if you wanted the job of the guys picking up the cans and mounds of trash. Cleaning things up, cutting grass, picking up trash, does change a neighborhood.

Roadside trash and vacant lots used as dumps define the people who live there. They did it, or others did it to them. Clean it, keep it clean, get the streets and sidewalks clean, and the local self identity will improve. Our neighborhood looks nice, and people outside care about us. When it is done by the local school children, with Police Protection, backup from street cleaners, they become engaged activists, and empowered to yell at litterers.

Culture change takes picking the best ideas, exploitation of child labor, and sticking with it for twenty years.

Common Core and teaching to the test have limits. Little education and no social life. It is Involuntary Servitude, let's make the best of it.

One day a week in Community Service, shows a world we hide from students, gives them a better map of the local area, and comes with introductions to people in the community, government, and what it takes to make it work.

They would be exposed to a wide range of roles, and we should plant a field of cotton that will need to be hoed and picked. Selected Jury Trials should become classroom for a day.

Children are the last stronghold of Slavery, and we must stop Liberals from freeing them.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2015, 7:32 pm

Inventor, the last thing I wanted to do when I was a kid was run after garbage trucks picking up trash! Make the prisoners do stuff like that! With all the incarceration, tell me why there's so much litter? Seems logical to just get the chain gang on it!

RoadRatt
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2015, 9:48 pm

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
Republicans are already downplaying Charleston shooter Dylann Roof's clearly racist ideology:

Because it's a gun rights issue, if it weren't they might have a different stance on it.

It seems like every time there is a mass shooting here in the U.S. it instantly becomes a gun rights issue. Then the Dems and Reps bicker about for a while until the next shootings occur in a seemingly never ending cycle...

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2015, 9:58 pm

Because some Republicans believe that racism, while repugnant, is also free speech unless and until it violates law (although that doesn't always appear to apply if the victims are Christians or Jews). Democrats used to believe this, too. But, since the Democratic Party has made so much money and votes from race-pimping, it no longer sees it as a speech issue, but one of SPLC-defined hate.

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

adifferentname
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2015, 10:22 pm

Some of the bigotry on display in this thread is staggering. The partisan politics that are prevalent in the USA breed disgusting levels of ideological intolerance in the citizenry.

Why do so many of you, left and right alike, feel the need to paint each other with such broad strokes?

Mainstream media outlets are using a shooting by a drug-addled lunatic as a platform for their own agenda, with no regard for the primary victims or for the secondary victim, truth. Why is the Liberal media so desperate to associate Roof with Republicans?

RoadRatt wrote:
Because it's a gun rights issue, if it weren't they might have a different stance on it.

It seems like every time there is a mass shooting here in the U.S. it instantly becomes a gun rights issue. Then the Dems and Reps bicker about for a while until the next shootings occur in a seemingly never ending cycle...

This is hardly a gun rights issue. According to the law, Roof should not have been able to possess a firearm. The most strident gun nut would expect to see his father prosecuted for providing him with one.

AspieUtah wrote:
Because some Republicans believe that racism, while repugnant, is also free speech unless and until it violates law (although that doesn't always appear to apply if the victims are Christians or Jews). Democrats used to believe this, too. But, since the Democratic Party has made so much money and votes from race-pimping, it no longer sees it as a speech issue, but one of SPLC-defined hate.

Concise and correct. I often fail at the former. You must share your secrets.

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2015, 10:34 pm

adifferentname wrote:
AspieUtah wrote:

Concise and correct. I often fail at the former. You must share your secrets.

Thank you. I usually fail at it, too. But, having spent most of my life in politics, I learned early where the bodies are buried, and avoid (usually) dragging out the obvious.

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

adifferentname
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2015, 10:39 pm

But it gets so confusing when the bodies are relocated. I can't keep up!

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2015, 10:54 pm

Actually, I think it's more like not wanting to engage with their opponents framework and/or give them the satisfaction, as the liberal narrative has long been that the existence of racism or bigotry requires intrusive government meddling to combat, thus the reluctance to recognize such bigotry when it appears (see also, climate change). You can see a very similar dynamic at work in abortion debates, where no one ever identifies as pro death or anti-choice, because they won't use the other sides terminology. Scott Alexander at Slate Star Codex has some good writings on this:

Quote:
I can think of criticisms of my own tribe. Important criticisms, true ones. But the thought of writing them makes my blood boil.

I imagine might I feel like some liberal US Muslim leader, when he goes on the O’Reilly Show, and O’Reilly ambushes him and demands to know why he and other American Muslims haven’t condemned beheadings by ISIS more, demands that he criticize them right there on live TV. And you can see the wheels in the Muslim leader’s head turning, thinking something like “Okay, obviously beheadings are terrible and I hate them as much as anyone. But you don’t care even the slightest bit about the victims of beheadings. You’re just looking for a way to score points against me so you can embarass all Muslims. And I would rather personally behead every single person in the world than give a smug bigot like you a single microgram more stupid self-satisfaction than you’ve already got.”

That is how I feel when asked to criticize my own tribe, even for correct reasons. If you think you’re criticizing your own tribe, and your blood is not at that temperature, consider the possibility that you aren’t.

http://slatestarcodex.com/2014/09/30/i- ... -outgroup/

xenocity
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2015, 12:59 am

It's quite simple actually...

The majority of the Republican votes come from the deep South, who has kept them viable as party since the passage of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.
When LBJ signed the bill into law on July 2, 1964, the South felt betrayed by Democrats and switch to backing the Republicans.

Literally the Civil Rights Act of 1964 was the single act that realigned the U.S. political system to its current form.
Republicans were desperate to stop the bleeding of voters to the Progressive Democrats that had been going on since 1932.
In order to remain viable against the Democrats the Republicans decided to run with open arms in the Deep South to get these newly disenfranchised former Democrats who were willing to make peace with Republicans in order to stop the Democrats and North's plans for full integration.
The South previous hated the Republicans for the War of Northern Aggression and freeing the Slaves.
The Civil Rights Act of 1964 literally ended 100 years of solid backing of the Democrats in the South.

When Election Day, 1968 happened, the South overwhelming voted for Nixon, allowing him to finally become president.

If the Republican Party comes out against Racism and actively fights it, they will lose the South which is their biggest voting block.
This will essentially hand the Democrats an outright majority in Congress for generations to come, until a new party rises up to challenge them if not drive the South back into Democrats hands.

The Republican Party has to take these stances to ensure their voting block:

1) Hate all minorities
2) Hate all gays
3) Hate all disabled people
4) Hate the poor
5) Hate the middle class
6) Support war
7) Support businesses
8) Support tax cuts
9) Push for ending Social Security and other social programs

If the Republicans switch their tune on any or all of these issues, they will lose the South, effectively killing the party for good.

RoadRatt
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2015, 1:14 am

adifferentname wrote:
RoadRatt wrote:

This is hardly a gun rights issue. According to the law, Roof should not have been able to possess a firearm. The most strident gun nut would expect to see his father prosecuted for providing him with one.

Ah, I see. I hadn't read that anywhere in the few articles I've read on the subject. If Roof wasn't allowed by law to even own a gun then his father should be prosecuted.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

21 Jun 2015, 3:09 am

The South came to the Republican party much like the New Left did with the Democrats, the party politics realigned along idealogical lines rather than regional as it was before. Southern Democrats which don't exist any more were often times more conservative than their Republican counterparts, obviously they were pretty upset that the party which they were the main power base behind at one time had left them behind in late 60s/early 70s. The South will be voting against the federal government until there isn't one, simple as that.