Page 1 of 11 [ 167 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2015, 4:09 pm

RoadRatt wrote:
No need to prove a conspiracy theory wrong. It's a belief held by a very small percentage of the population. The majority doesn't have the burden of proof here.

If by chance the theory pans out. I wonder what if anything anyone could do to stop it from happening....

So you believe that the Lincoln assassination wasn't a conspiracy? What about these:

http://www.theantimedia.org/10-conspira ... to-be-true

Conspiracies have happened throughout history (Caesar assassination, burning of the Reichstag, bombing of the U.S.S. Maine, attack on the U.S.S. Liberty, Watergate, etc.). Do you accept that they really happened?

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

Fugu
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2015, 4:12 pm

AspieUtah wrote:
RoadRatt wrote:
No need to prove a conspiracy theory wrong. It's a belief held by a very small percentage of the population. The majority doesn't have the burden of proof here.

If by chance the theory pans out. I wonder what if anything anyone could do to stop it from happening....

So you believe that the Lincoln assassination wasn't a conspiracy? What about these:

Conspiracies have happened throughout history (Caesar assassination, burning of the Reichstag, bombing of the U.S.S. Maine, attack on the U.S.S. Liberty, Watergate, etc.). Do you accept that they really happened?
they cease being conspiracies since they have fulfilled the burden of proof

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2015, 4:21 pm

Fugu wrote:
AspieUtah wrote:
RoadRatt wrote:

What?!? The legal definition ( http://www.thelawdictionary.org/conspiracy ) of the word "conspiracy" ("A combination or confederacy between two or more persons formed for the purpose of committing, by their joint efforts, some unlawful or criminal act, or some act which is innocent in itself, but becomes unlawful when done by the concerted action of the conspirators, or for the purpose of using criminal or unlawful means to the commission of an act not in itself unlawful.") doesn't change simply because the conspiracy is committed. Your statement is exactly 180-degrees opposed to the legal definition. How did that happen?

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

Fugu
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2015, 4:25 pm

AspieUtah wrote:
Fugu wrote:
AspieUtah wrote:
RoadRatt wrote:

What?!? The legal definition ( http://www.thelawdictionary.org/conspiracy ) of the word "conspiracy" ("A combination or confederacy between two or more persons formed for the purpose of committing, by their joint efforts, some unlawful or criminal act, or some act which is innocent in itself, but becomes unlawful when done by the concerted action of the conspirators, or for the purpose of using criminal or unlawful means to the commission of an act not in itself unlawful.") doesn't change simply because the conspiracy is committed. Your statement is exactly 180-degrees opposed to the legal definition. How did that happen?
at what point did you use the legal definition? is this thread an argument about legal conspiracies as opposed to popular ones?

RoadRatt
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2015, 4:27 pm

AspieUtah wrote:

You're twisting my words around.

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2015, 4:28 pm

Fugu wrote:
AspieUtah wrote:
Fugu wrote:
AspieUtah wrote:
RoadRatt wrote:

at what point did you use the legal definition? is this thread an argument about legal conspiracies as opposed to popular ones?

Do you have any understanding of law?

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2015, 4:29 pm

RoadRatt wrote:
AspieUtah wrote:

You're twisting my words around.

That should never happen at such a friendly, supportive web site, should it?

Fugu
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2015, 4:30 pm

AspieUtah wrote:
Fugu wrote:

if you're just going to ask questions to no effect there's no purpose to continuing, I was asking for real and you're just attempting to deflect by insinuating ignorance on my part.

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2015, 4:32 pm

Fugu wrote:
AspieUtah wrote:
Fugu wrote:

if you're just going to ask questions to no effect there's no purpose to continuing, I was asking for real and you're just attempting to deflect by insinuating ignorance on my part.

I insinuated nothing. I asked a question. Kinda like you do ... often. Don't like it, do ya? Learn from this lesson.

Fugu
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2015, 4:35 pm

AspieUtah wrote:
Fugu wrote:
AspieUtah wrote:
Fugu wrote:

I insinuated nothing. I asked a question. Kinda like you do ... often. Don't like it, do ya? Learn from this lesson.
that's nice. you've still not answered.

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2015, 4:37 pm

Fugu wrote:
AspieUtah wrote:
Fugu wrote:
AspieUtah wrote:
Fugu wrote:

that's nice. you've still not answered.

TheGuardian.com wrote:
Oh, I don’t care.

--John Lennon to Dick Cavett (September 11, 1971)
http://www.theguardian.com/environment/ ... population

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2015, 4:45 pm

ScrewyWabbit wrote:
Really though its about "we's don't trust that's black man in that's white house"

Not the race card again. You gotta come up with something else because Obama's mama was white and from Kansas (pro-gun state).

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

blauSamstag
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2015, 4:57 pm

Honestly i think the right wingnuts would have the same freakout over this with any of the 2008 democratic candidates in office.

But extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

So i think my fellow utahn should maybe ask his doctor if Saphris is right for him. After reading his posts in this thread, out loud, and verbatim.

Fugu
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2015, 5:02 pm

AspieUtah wrote:
TheGuardian.com wrote:
Oh, I don’t care.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2015, 5:08 pm

Fugu wrote:
AspieUtah wrote:
TheGuardian.com wrote:
Oh, I don’t care.

What does this post mean?

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

RoadRatt
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2015, 5:10 pm

AspieUtah wrote:
That should never happen at such a friendly, supportive web site, should it?

This isn't a friendly and supportive forum on WP. It's where people come to battle to the death... with words! :roll:

Conspiracies are not the same as conspiracy theories. Believing in one would not be the same as believing in the other.

Last edited by RoadRatt on 13 Jul 2015, 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.