Page 1 of 11 [ 167 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2015, 5:01 pm

I have my own thoughts regarding Jade Helm 15 (starting next Wednesday, July 15), but I was interested to know if anyone here on this site has heard of it and if so, what your thoughts are about it?

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2015, 8:39 pm

I have heard of it. So soon we begin to find out if it's conspiracy or conspiracy theory.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

pcuser
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2015, 12:26 pm

I heard about it some time ago. It's simply right wings nut jobs who are freaking out about a simple war game training being held around parts of the country. Apparently the people of Texas are out there far enough to believe it's aimed at taking their guns and other rights away and instituting martial law.... To my knowledge, Texans are the only ones making something out of whole cloth...

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2015, 2:55 pm

pcuser wrote:
I heard about it some time ago. It's simply right wings nut jobs who are freaking out about a simple war game training being held around parts of the country. Apparently the people of Texas are out there far enough to believe it's aimed at taking their guns and other rights away and instituting martial law.... To my knowledge, Texans are the only ones making something out of whole cloth...

It should be quite interesting. When some politicians are even wanting to know what it's about, then I begin to wonder. It's been no secret that the party in the White House wants to abolish the second amendment - it's brought up every time there's a shooting. I do believe its strange that the state I'm in now has made conceal and carry without a permit to be legal so anyone can carry a gun on them. I'm thinking that maybe they are expecting something to happen at some point. I live in a gun supporting state too like Texas.

For this jH exercise, I have heard that China and Russian armies will be on American soil. Russia is also conducting military exercises at this time on Russian soil.. I really don't know what to think to be honest. I heard that no press will be able to know what is happening and that most of the exercises will be conducted at night. I also know that Homeland Security has bought a couple billion rounds of hollow point ammunition and 2700 MRAP vehicles which makes me again think that they might be expecting something.

Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

pcuser
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2015, 5:04 pm

^ As an aside, I really like your avatar. I love animals and I like his attitude...

RoadRatt
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2015, 5:10 pm

I hope they do "invade". We could use a few extra states... that are already ours! 8O

The Nazi style fear mongering from the wingnut right is laughable.

I guess in a few days if they are proven correct they'll have the last laugh on all of us. :lol:

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2015, 3:23 am

pcuser wrote:
^ As an aside, I really like your avatar. I love animals and I like his attitude...

That's Grumpy Cat and she's a she. Sometimes I'll look like her in the morning - circles under my eyes and a pissed off look! :D

Darn, I flunked.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2015, 3:47 am

RoadRatt wrote:
I hope they do "invade". We could use a few extra states... that are already ours! 8O

The Nazi style fear mongering from the wingnut right is laughable.

I guess in a few days if they are proven correct they'll have the last laugh on all of us. :lol:

You know, I'd like to strike the words "fear mongering" and "conspiracy theorist" from the English language. It's easy to sit back and call someone a name because they say things that are totally opposite of what you believe, but its a lot more difficult to research information to try and prove them wrong.

Darn, I flunked.

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2015, 4:03 am

nurseangela wrote:
pcuser wrote:

It should be quite interesting. When some politicians are even wanting to know what it's about, then I begin to wonder. It's been no secret that the party in the White House wants to abolish the second amendment - it's brought up every time there's a shooting. I do believe its strange that the state I'm in now has made conceal and carry without a permit to be legal so anyone can carry a gun on them. I'm thinking that maybe they are expecting something to happen at some point. I live in a gun supporting state too like Texas.

For this jH exercise, I have heard that China and Russian armies will be on American soil. Russia is also conducting military exercises at this time on Russian soil.. I really don't know what to think to be honest. I heard that no press will be able to know what is happening and that most of the exercises will be conducted at night. I also know that Homeland Security has bought a couple billion rounds of hollow point ammunition and 2700 MRAP vehicles which makes me again think that they might be expecting something.

the white house DOES NOT want to abolish the second amendment. stricter background checks and assault weapons bans would leave plenty of room for responsible gun ownership. i am quickly losing respect for you. are you really a nurse or is that a trick to get people to believe the lies (you may believe) you peddle.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2015, 3:28 pm

cathylynn wrote:
nurseangela wrote:
pcuser wrote:

the white house DOES NOT want to abolish the second amendment. stricter background checks and assault weapons bans would leave plenty of room for responsible gun ownership. i am quickly losing respect for you. are you really a nurse or is that a trick to get people to believe the lies (you may believe) you peddle.

What does my job have anything to do with what we are discussing here? I don't need your respect and I didn't ask for it. I also don't think you know me well enough to be calling me a liar because I don't lie.

Obama has wanted to put restrictions on sizes of magazine rounds down to 7 bullets which would have made my 9mm illegal if that had passed Congress. Also Obama was wanting stricter background checks that would prevent anyone with a mental illness from purchasing a gun. The problem with that is who here has never had a mental illness, please raise your hand? (That would also include any anxiety or depression.) I would say that probably 75% of people are or have been on some sort of anxiety med or antidepressant at some point during their lifetime because I sure do give out a whole heck of a lot of those meds at work where I just happen to be working as a nurse, don't you know. The problem that Obama has with putting these laws into action is the fact that he can't get his own side to back him up because a lot of the Democrats themselves own guns including Senator Harry Reid. I don't think that will stop Obama as he has already said that he can bypass Congress with "the stoke of a pen". Obama has already went around Congress several times writing Executive orders on bills that didn't pass through Congress (one on Immigration that actually violated the Constitution). I guess Obama forgot that things only work like that in Chicago. So you'll have to excuse me if I'm just a little bit "paranoid" in thinking that one day he will come after my guns and the Second Amendment. I even wouldn't put it passed Obama to institute martial law before the end if his term which would suspend all constitutional rights and keep him in the White House indefinitely. Oh wait! Jade Helm is happening soon. Could that possibly be a sign that martial law might be in America's future? Hmm.

Darn, I flunked.

ScrewyWabbit
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2015, 3:43 pm

I'll be interested to hear the right-wing spin after its over and nothing happened - I'm sure they'll come up with some justification for their paranoia, or try to pretend it never happened, though most likely they will proclaim afterwards that its only because of their 'activism' on this matter that something bad didn't happen.

Really though its about "we's don't trust that's black man in that's white house" on the part of a lot of, frankly, gullible, dumb, minimally educated and easily manipulated people and a lot of people who want to play on their fears for their own personal political gain. Half these idiots think they'll find themselves disarmed and in a FEMA camp in a few days, the other half think a bunch of hicks with sidearms and hunting rifles would stand a snowball's chance in hell of resisting the United States army.

In any case the hypocrisy is pretty stunning - we love our troops, we support our troops - oh, but only if they don't want to practice nearby. Uh, yeah, ok.

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2015, 3:43 pm

nurseangela wrote:
...I even wouldn't put it passed Obama to institute martial law before the end if his term which would suspend all constitutional rights and keep him in the White House indefinitely. Oh wait! Jade Helm is happening soon. Could that possibly be a sign that martial law might be in America's future? Hmm.

I live in Jade Helm 2015 "hostile" territory (Utah). You can bet I will be watching and reporting everything; "if I see something, I WILL say something." After all, the admitted reason for this exercise is to test the ability of our own military to avoid detection while conducting "mock" shootings, infiltrations, bombings and the like. The exercise is one of the most stupid, most obvious attempt to test the citizenry for whatever sick reason our dear leaders choose. Like Texas, there is a reason Utah was designated "hostile."

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2015, 3:48 pm

ScrewyWabbit wrote:
I'll be interested to hear the right-wing spin after its over and nothing happened - I'm sure they'll come up with some justification for their paranoia, or try to pretend it never happened, though most likely they will proclaim afterwards that its only because of their 'activism' on this matter that something bad didn't happen.

Really though its about "we's don't trust that's black man in that's white house" on the part of a lot of, frankly, gullible, dumb, minimally educated and easily manipulated people and a lot of people who want to play on their fears for their own personal political gain. Half these idiots think they'll find themselves disarmed and in a FEMA camp in a few days, the other half think a bunch of hicks with sidearms and hunting rifles would stand a snowball's chance in hell of resisting the United States army.

In any case the hypocrisy is pretty stunning - we love our troops, we support our troops - oh, but only if they don't want to practice nearby. Uh, yeah, ok.

I doubt with the months of news reports, commentaries and public government hearings about the intent of the exercise that anything untoward will happen. But, for me, that has never been the reason to doubt its conduct. Why does our government need to use private lands and buildings to train its service members when it could more cheaply, easily and understandably do so on any of the millions of acres of federal lands and buildings that it already owns and manages?!? According to the official reason for this exercise, this is a gargantuan waste of resources to do what; learn how our enemies might invade the U.S. southwest? What a silly cover story.

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

Fugu
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2015, 3:57 pm

AspieUtah wrote:
Like Texas, there is a reason Utah was designated "hostile."
yes, the terrain and probably the remoteness. where was your outcry for Bold Alligator(a similar exercise to Jade Helm)?

RoadRatt
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2015, 3:57 pm

nurseangela wrote:
You know, I'd like to strike the words "fear mongering" and "conspiracy theorist" from the English language. It's easy to sit back and call someone a name because they say things that are totally opposite of what you believe, but its a lot more difficult to research information to try and prove them wrong.

No need to prove a conspiracy theory wrong. It's a belief held by a very small percentage of the population. The majority doesn't have the burden of proof here.

If by chance the theory pans out. I wonder what if anything anyone could do to stop it from happening.

Personally I don't believe America is prepared to wage war here at home while we have bigger fish to fry over seas.

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2015, 4:09 pm

RoadRatt wrote:
No need to prove a conspiracy theory wrong. It's a belief held by a very small percentage of the population. The majority doesn't have the burden of proof here.

If by chance the theory pans out. I wonder what if anything anyone could do to stop it from happening....

So you believe that the Lincoln assassination wasn't a conspiracy? What about these:

http://www.theantimedia.org/10-conspira ... to-be-true

Conspiracies have happened throughout history (Caesar assassination, burning of the Reichstag, bombing of the U.S.S. Maine, attack on the U.S.S. Liberty, Watergate, etc.). Do you accept that they really happened?