Page 8 of 11 [ 167 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2015, 8:40 am

Fugu wrote:
AspieUtah wrote:
Fugu wrote:
AspieUtah wrote:
I despise all political parties.
I agree, politics could stand to be far less of a pissing contest and more about getting things done.

I have long advocated that political parties should be prohibited in official government institutions. In other words, be a Republi-crat all you want, but park it at the curb when you go to work (federal law already prohibits partisan activities among bureaucratic staffers). I believe it is time to do the same within the elected- and appointed-official realm. This would mean no more partisan congressional "leaders" and "chairs," no more partisan "caucuses." The same would apply to White House staffers.
I wouldn't know about how effective that would be, humans are pretty tribal in nature. also, what system of voting would you replace it with?

Candidates for elected public offices could campaign as Republi-crats or even "the Standing at the Back Dressed Stupidly and Looking Stupid Party" candidates. But, when they assume their offices from 9 to 5, or when performing official duties at any time, they would be required to avoid acting in any partisan way. After all, this works for their underlings who have had to comply with federal law which prohibits similarly that they not act in partisan ways during work hours. If know-nothing staffers can safely wander through that minefield, it seems to me that the overlords of our republic should learn to do the same.

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2015, 10:21 am

LionelMedia.com wrote:
This is not hyperbole. Why this country is tentatively enjoys history as exemplified by it in your new concern with the Confederate flag, it knows absolutely nothing about the perils and dangers of martial law.

Martial law?! You betcha....

LionelMedia.com: "LIONEL PODCAST: Jade Helm is real and should scare the Hell out of you" (July 16, 2015)
http://www.lionelmedia.com/2015/07/16/l ... out-of-you

Lionel is brilliant!

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

Janissy
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2015, 11:56 am

Chuck Norris in his latest and least expected role: the voice of reason. He is trying to get people to take it down a notch.

http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/chuck-norris-i-never-said-jade-helm-aimed-take-over-texas

Quote:
“I never ever said that that seven-state U.S. military operation intended to take over Texas,” the “Walker, Texas Ranger” star and gun-rights champion wrote Sunday for the far-right website WorldNetDaily.

“However, I did in fact mention that Jade Helm 15 is likely more than a military exercise,” added Norris, who has been a major supporter of former Arkansas governor and 2016 presidential candidate Mike Huckabee. ”I do believe, in addition to the largest domestic military training, it is also a display of power (near the southern border) intended for deterrence of enemies like ISIS and other terrorists, who the FBI have already said are present in all 50 states.”

That it has the dual purpose of training and as a show of power to ISIS is plausible.

pezar
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2015, 2:35 pm

Janissy wrote:
Chuck Norris in his latest and least expected role: the voice of reason. He is trying to get people to take it down a notch.

http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/chuck-norris-i-never-said-jade-helm-aimed-take-over-texas

Quote:
“I never ever said that that seven-state U.S. military operation intended to take over Texas,” the “Walker, Texas Ranger” star and gun-rights champion wrote Sunday for the far-right website WorldNetDaily.

“However, I did in fact mention that Jade Helm 15 is likely more than a military exercise,” added Norris, who has been a major supporter of former Arkansas governor and 2016 presidential candidate Mike Huckabee. ”I do believe, in addition to the largest domestic military training, it is also a display of power (near the southern border) intended for deterrence of enemies like ISIS and other terrorists, who the FBI have already said are present in all 50 states.”

That it has the dual purpose of training and as a show of power to ISIS is plausible.

There's a rumor going around that Da'esh (ISIS) has already set up training camps in the desert, including one a few miles from El Paso. There are those in the fed.gov who support unrestricted illegal immigration for political aims and to solve the problem of who will pay for the retirement years of the boomers. Problem is, this allowed terrorists such as Da'esh to enter too. It is a fact that items related to Islamic terror have been found in desert areas used for immigrant smuggling. One article I read said that JH15 is based on the French resistance against the Nazis. Then the question becomes, who are the Nazis and who are the French in JH? Is the army expecting that Islamists will take over large areas, creating a need for am American resistance? Is it to wargame the creation of an internal resistance in Da'esh territory in Arabia?

Janissy
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2015, 2:55 pm

blauSamstag wrote:

Jade Helm conspiracy rant update.

It's been 6 days and martial law is not in effect. But the guy in this epic rant video has (as of 3 days ago) posted another rant.

His original rant that you posted 6 days ago did invoke Poe's Law for me because it really was unclear if he was a paranoid crank or a brilliant satirist.

I thought of him again recently and went back to his youtube channel. He had since uploaded a new video, bringing his playlist up to two.

He is a brilliant satirist.

The newer video makes it abundantly clear (unlike the first one, which was still in POE territory) that he is mocking conspiracy theorists.

Some delicious highlights:

:wink: He notes that his hometown of San Angelo, Texas has recently built a 3rd Walmart. He connects the dots of these 3 Walmarts on a map and discovers that doing so shows.....a triangle, an Illuminati symbol.

:wink: He deconstructs the term 'Jade Helm' to show that it means we will be under Chinese control. Jade comes from China. A helm is what you use to control a ship. So Jade Helm=China Control.

:wink: Just as the government took Christ out of Christmas, some of these exercises are happening in Christoval,Texas so as to take the Christ out of Christoval, leaving it to just be an oval.

Snopes.com is pretty sure this is satire too.

http://m.snopes.com/2015/07/16/jade-helm-proof/

Snopes wrote:
The video’s subject identified himself as “Kris Martin,” and his “Proof of Exercise” (POE) filmed commentary is almost indistinguishable from sincere ramblings about the dangers of Jade Helm uttered by folks truly terrified of its supposedly sinister agenda. However, a portion of the clip during which Martin speculates that trailers may hide “ninjas [who can] take our guns” is one giveaway that the footage is intended to be satirical. Another can be found on the YouTube channel’s About page:

his About youtube page wrote:
This channel is a veteran’s guide to renewing common nonsense and wisdumb in a country that has lost it’s way. Are you like me? Are you worried that you aren’t getting THE REAL history in public schools? Maybe you are worried about the erosion of morals and ethics in America? Or perhaps you are seeing that the government is coming for your guns, your Bible, and your super-sized fast food menu items. Subscribe to this channel and continue to come back as I will be uploading more and more videos to help narrow your mind so you can focus on what is really not going on in our country. WAKE UP AMERICA!

"I will be uploading more and more videos to help narrow your mind"

I think I love this guy :heart:

Proof of Exercise.....POE. I definately love this guy. :heart:

Ban-Dodger
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2015, 5:14 pm

Speaking of Triangles & Illuminati, the famous Bermuda-Triangle comes to mind, find me something entertaining related to The Bermuda-Triangle & some possible connection with The Illumi-Not-EEEEEEE ? :D

Janissy wrote:
[Things related to Illuminati & Triangles]

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2015, 5:15 pm

For those interested in Jade Helm and have an open mind, Steve Quayle will be on Coast to Coast am Tuesday night talking about what he sees coming from this "experiment". He also has a website SteveQuayle.com.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2015, 5:16 pm

Janissy wrote:
blauSamstag wrote:

It's been 6 days and martial law is not in effect. But the guy in this epic rant video has (as of 3 days ago) posted another rant.

His original rant that you posted 6 days ago did invoke Poe's Law for me because it really was unclear if he was a paranoid crank or a brilliant satirist.

I thought of him again recently and went back to his youtube channel. He had since uploaded a new video, bringing his playlist up to two.

The newer video makes it abundantly clear (unlike the first one, which was still in POE territory) that he is mocking conspiracy theorists.

:wink: He notes that his hometown of San Angelo, Texas has recently built a 3rd Walmart. He connects the dots of these 3 Walmarts on a map and discovers that doing so shows.....a triangle, an Illuminati symbol.

:wink: He deconstructs the term 'Jade Helm' to show that it means we will be under Chinese control. Jade comes from China. A helm is what you use to control a ship. So Jade Helm=China Control.

:wink: Just as the government took Christ out of Christmas, some of these exercises are happening in Christoval,Texas so as to take the Christ out of Christoval, leaving it to just be an oval.

Snopes wrote:
The video’s subject identified himself as “Kris Martin,” and his “Proof of Exercise” (POE) filmed commentary is almost indistinguishable from sincere ramblings about the dangers of Jade Helm uttered by folks truly terrified of its supposedly sinister agenda. However, a portion of the clip during which Martin speculates that trailers may hide “ninjas [who can] take our guns” is one giveaway that the footage is intended to be satirical. Another can be found on the YouTube channel’s About page:

This channel is a veteran’s guide to renewing common nonsense and wisdumb in a country that has lost it’s way. Are you like me? Are you worried that you aren’t getting THE REAL history in public schools? Maybe you are worried about the erosion of morals and ethics in America? Or perhaps you are seeing that the government is coming for your guns, your Bible, and your super-sized fast food menu items. Subscribe to this channel and continue to come back as I will be uploading more and more videos to help narrow your mind so you can focus on what is really not going on in our country. WAKE UP AMERICA!

It's easy to find crazy people on youtube, dude. The joke is old now.

Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2015, 5:19 pm

Janissy wrote:
blauSamstag wrote:

Snopes wrote:

I can't figure out if you believe anything he has to say or are making fun of him?

Darn, I flunked.

Ban-Dodger
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2015, 5:26 pm

They are neither making fun nor do they believe anything being presented by him.
They do find it entertaining though as-if though the man were a satirist.

nurseangela wrote:
I can't figure out if you believe anything he has to say or are making fun of him?

This might be an easier-to-understand example of a parody/satire...

Janissy
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2015, 5:32 pm

nurseangela wrote:

Neither. He is the one making fun of conspiracy theorists. I'm laughing with him, not at him. After viewing his second video I realized that he wasn't a conspiracy theorist, he was just pretending to be one as a satire (a very well done satire). I don't believe anything he says but then neither does he.

To put it straightforward..... he isn't being serious. He's joking.

Last edited by Janissy on 20 Jul 2015, 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2015, 5:32 pm

Janissy wrote:
blauSamstag wrote:

Snopes wrote:

This is the problem - crazy people are being targeted from youtube to give the explanation of what Jade Helm is. That's why I gave the info of Steve Quayle being on Coast to Coast am. The guy above knows some info, but is twisting it way out of proportion. I don't even go along with the Walmart thing - that's extreme. However, I do really believe China is involved in this along with Russia. China controls all of our debt and what do we have left that China would want? Land. (China has also been on US soil down in Hawaii doing military exercises.) I don't believe it is too far fetched for China to take us over not only to make up for our debt, but also for the NWO. The US owes way more than they will ever be able to pay. An economist last year said that all that needs to happen is for interest rates to be increased and that would start hyperinflation and crash the stock market making the US dollar worthless. How else is the US going to pay back our debts? They want to raise interest rates toward the end of this year. I think they are just waiting for the perfect time.

Darn, I flunked.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2015, 5:36 pm

Janissy wrote:
nurseangela wrote:

Neither. He is the one making fun of conspiracy theorists. I'm laughing with him, not at him. After viewing his second video I realized that he wasn't a conspiracy theorist, he was just pretending to be one as a satire (a very well done satire). I don't believe anything he says but then neither does he.

To put it straightforward..... he isn't being serious. He's joking.

He is not making fun of it. He actually believes what he is saying. He has some good info that follows what I have heard too, but he is more extreme with some of his ideas of what he thinks is happening.

Darn, I flunked.

Janissy
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2015, 5:37 pm

nurseangela wrote:
This is the problem - crazy people are being targeted from youtube to give the explanation of what Jade Helm is. That's why I gave the info of Steve Quayle being on Coast to Coast am. The guy above knows some info, but is twisting it way out of proportion.

He's twisting it on purpose as a satire. He isn't crazy. But he put on such a believable front in the first video that I wasn't sure if he was being serious or joking. Once I saw the second video I realized he was for sure joking.

Janissy
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2015, 5:42 pm

nurseangela wrote:
He is not making fun of it. He actually believes what he is saying. He has some good info that follows what I have heard too, but he is more extreme with some of his ideas of what he thinks is happening.

If you read the About page on his youtube channel, he drops some pretty serious clues that this is satire.
his About page wrote:

Here are the big clues:
Quote:
the government is coming for your guns, your Bible, and your super-sized fast food menu items.

Had he left it at "guns and Bible" it would be unclear. When he stuck "your super sized fast food menus" in that was a signal he was joking.
Quote:
I will be uploading more and more videos to help narrow your mind

Who says that and is serious? He is signaling that he thinks the conspiracy theorists are narrow minded.

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2015, 5:47 pm

nurseangela wrote:
For those interested in Jade Helm and have an open mind, Steve Quayle will be on Coast to Coast am Tuesday night talking about what he sees coming from this "experiment". He also has a website SteveQuayle.com.

Several Wrong Planetians listen to Coast to Coast AM Radio.