Page 6 of 11 [ 167 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11  Next

blauSamstag
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2015, 11:25 am

Janissy
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2015, 11:47 am

^^^^
Oh Poe

I can't tell if he's mocking the conspiracy theorists or honestly is one. "Black tarp on chain link fences!" "Knight's Transportation? Doesn't that make you think of Knight's Templar?"

Whether he's doing The Onion style mock reporting or really means it, it's hilarious either way.

Here's some sober reporting of the exact same thing but from the venerable New York Times, which has no time for jokes.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/07/16/us/in-texas-a-military-exercise-is-met-by-some-with-suspicion.html?_r=0

Quote:
The level of realism sought by Army planners, and uncertainty about whether troops will try to blend in with civilians during the exercise, have heightened the curiosity and unease among some Texans. The military has told local officials that fire extinguishers will be at each training site and that some personnel may carry weapons loaded with blank ammunition or paintball-style training cartridges. According to a PowerPoint presentation prepared by military organizers for Texas officials, some Jade Helm 15 participants “may conduct suspicious activities” as part of their training and others “will be wearing civilian attire and driving civilian vehicles.”

So yea, black tarps on chain link fence and vans full of stuff being hauled by Knight's Transportation would be a part setting things up.

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2015, 12:03 pm

blauSamstag wrote:

"Ninjas"?!? Yep, this video is legitimate. Psssh!

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2015, 12:29 pm

SLTrib.com wrote:
...Eric Johnston is organizing Texas volunteers for a national group called Counter Jade Helm. He says that's necessary because the government hasn't been transparent about the exercise....

"Civilians begin shadowing 'Jade Helm' war exercise in Texas" (July 15, 2015)
http://www.sltrib.com/news/2733774-155/ ... e-helm-war

Cameras are better than weapons. Disclosure is better than secrecy. Free speech and public awareness is better than "Master(ing) the Human Domain" militarily.

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2015, 1:32 pm

blauSamstag wrote:

I'm laughing. Yes, I think the guy is actually real - just a little overzealous. :D A person has to be somewhere in the middle, having an open mind. The opposite of this guy is being completely closed off and not willing to listen or look at any information - not a good way to be either.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2015, 1:59 pm

nurseangela wrote:
blauSamstag wrote:

I'm laughing. Yes, I think the guy is actually real - just a little overzealous. :D A person has to be somewhere in the middle, having an open mind. The opposite of this guy is being completely closed off and not willing to listen or look at any information - not a good way to be either.

I believe that it is possible he was being overly sarcastic for the sake of teasing those who denied such a military exercise would effect communities at all. Unless he staged (or CG'ed) the materiel that he was describing at a Sam's Club parking lot, it is clear that the exercise is, indeed using private property for staging and various other activities. I, for one, didn't volunteer for this. Apart from reporting SALUTES ( http://www.counterjadehelm.info/ ), I will avoid any private land or business which sells out to this desensitization program. I suspect also that my patronage will never return.

blauSamstag
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2015, 2:14 pm

Desensitization program?

Those are united states troops.

blauSamstag
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2015, 2:48 pm

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2015, 2:49 pm

blauSamstag wrote:
Desensitization program?

Those are united states troops.

I meant the desensitization of U.S. citizens seeing military service members patroling (and trolling) in our back yards. Unlike other nations, the U.S. government is prohibited by law from such activities. As such, it is not something with which most citizens are familiar. So, they call it a military "exercise" and get away with it. Still, it would be shocking to many Americans.

blauSamstag
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2015, 2:57 pm

Janissy
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2015, 3:00 pm

blauSamstag wrote:

It doesn't seem from the video like he's the owner of the property that got tagged or he'd be super pissed instead of warily curious. But I think this video, unlike the Sam's Club parking lot video, shows what I think could be or become actual overstep. I don't think there is any chance whatsoever they will institute martial law and start taking away peoples' guns. But I do think there's a chance (possibly happened in this video) that they will be careless of property lines and start doing mild damage (like this spray paint tag) to private property without prior consent of the owner.

Janissy
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2015, 3:07 pm

blauSamstag wrote:

These videos are coming fast and furious. Maybe the government thought it would be unobtrusive but everybody has a camera in their phone these days. Having every curious citizen who sees part of the exercise immediately film it and put it on youtube is a better protection against government overstep than the homeowner guns they fear will be taken during this exercise.

If the government really wanted to storm into some random Texan's house and take his guns, they can overpower him no matter how well armed he is. (Note. I have zero worry of this happening.) But a million citizen cameras act as accountability. If they are worried, filming this as they come across it really is the best thing for them to do.

I notice the last two videos you posted came from people more grounded in reality than the Knights Transportation=Knights Templar guy. Hopefully they are more representative of the local reaction.

pcuser
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2015, 3:10 pm

Wake me when this lame post dies...

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2015, 7:03 pm

I wonder if I can side-track the conversation for a second to consider the inputs for concern?

I mentioned people not paying attention and some people having an acute sense that most other people are asleep at the wheel or dreaming (to a good extent their right). Some of the other factors I think:

1) 7 billion people; MENSA was supposed to figure out what to do with this back in the 70's and they concluded that any feasible solution was too unpleasant to suggest and implement. It makes people wonder if there isn't all the reason in the world to start liquidating humanity in large swaths. Papers like Agenda 21, the UN seeming to want to do something about the US having right to bear arms, all of these things add to a deep concern a lot of people would have that an institutional juggernaut of sorts is trying to force itself onto the stage, take the power to itself, and for all the most believable reasons (especially as humanity becomes obsolete as a workforce not to mention the global warming and potential extinction of life issue) make very dirty work of the headcount on the planet.

2) The sense that the Book of Revelation is close at hand. Christianity has had that for 2000 years, its nothing new, but current cultural overhauls and stamping out of the ethic in that particular name in the west seems to have the same kind of worrying and catalyzing effect that the western cultural invasion has had on the Islamic world - ie. a fair amount more eschatological thinking on average and lots of places sought for a source of that old dragon.

3) The sensed complexity that life is coming to. We can see the western nations hanging on huge debts, seeming like there's an unprecedented bubble, and it feels like a shoe should dropping soon, hard, and by hard perhaps more terrifyingly than the German situation between WWI and WWII. When we start feeling like no one really knows what's going on regardless of what they tell us or even what they think to themselves we start wondering if that unseen guiding hand of security is the kind of illusion that's about to fold at any moment.

I don't know if apocalyptic thinking - either religious/eschatological or political in the sense of organizational conspiracy theories - will ever fully lose it's appeal, something really tells me that it will but I'd also have to say that during uncertain times it will be persuasive to a lot of people. I think back to what was said about the 14th century and the boubonic plague, the psychological effects that had on a very Christ-centered Europe that was struck, reeling, and trying to make sense of what was happening. Needless to say people were walking all over the countryside with bleeding feet, falling over dead, and so much of it had to do with them leaving their homes with the belief that the end times had come. I really hope - whether we have a major solar flare, whether God forbid a terrorist lets an EMP or nuke loose on the US or other western nations, if anything so pronounced happens to completely reframe our priorities that we don't get so swallowed up in emotion that we resign our futures to an automatic reaction. If there were a cabal working out of City of London financially, Washington DC militarily, and the Vatican religiously (ie. the three 'cities within cities') attempting to bring the world to its knees and yoke the populace under one world government and religion in ten global sectors - forcing us into reaction mode and leading us by the noses along a fast and furious path of prefabbed Hegelian dialectic would be exactly how they'd make it happen.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2015, 7:36 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
I wonder if I can side-track the conversation for a second to consider the inputs for concern...?

All true statements.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2015, 7:53 pm

blauSamstag wrote:

So let me get this straight - a disaster recovery operated by FEMA is proof of this Jade Helm 15 bs? These people are afraid of FEMA?Actually you are worse off when you get flooded and there's no Fema on the ground, like with what happened in New Orleans during Hurricane Katrina. I bet they are in Texas because we just had a tropical storm called Bill and the flooding has been bad so they are going to help out all the poor folks who lost homes and properties in floods or had damage.

We have had direct dealings with FEMA and the National Guard right after a natural disaster and even something that looks like Martial Law but it was only to secure the area, keep looters out and everyone away from all the downed power lines, allowing first responders and road crews to work on infrastructure because no one needed to be here without electric and other vital services. Once the electric and cable came back, the NG was outta here lickity split. They didn't hang around enforcing martial law.