Should there be a law against public institutions that lie f

Page 1 of 5 [ 80 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2015, 2:44 pm

EdgySpirit wrote:
Some people think Gnosticism and Christianity are lies.

How do you suggest we work out who is lying, who is sincere but wrong and who is right?

The courts already voted on Christianity and I.D. and found Christianity a liar in that case.

Christianity is an idol worshiping religion while Gnostic Christianity preaches the supremacy of man.

Man can prove he is the supreme creature on earth while Christianity claims a guy in the sky is without proof. Just from this we can see who the lying religion is.

Christianity decimated us and burned our scripture to try to hide the fact that they were the liars and that we were not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQKKj_qeOBQ

Regards
DL

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2015, 2:50 pm

Lukecash12 wrote:
GnosticBishop wrote:
Should there be a law against public institutions that lie for money?

Religions and many charitable organizations of all stripes make their revenues by lying to people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJ9oBCLwwL0

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... endas.html

Should we help protect the gullible by eliminating all the fraud that is being passed off as religion and charity?

Those who do not believe the lies being sold by religions and charities are presently subsidize the tax exemptions and credits that religions and charities enjoy. What they save in taxes, non-believers and those who actually want to give to charities must fork up.

I am not what most would call a non-believer, I am a Gnostic Christian, but still resent my hard earned tax money being used to perpetuate what most know are lies. If you are a non-believer, or one who wants your charitable donations to actually be used for charity, I hope you feel the same and do not like being fleeced the way the gullible are.

There ought to be a law against institution like religions and bogus charities that live off of lying to the gullible.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/won ... on-a-year/

Do you agree?

Regards
DL

To be honest, this just sounds like an ignorant tirade against people who donate money to their church. Show us where all the lies are, if you will.

My church, for example, is as transparent as could be about it's budget and you don't have to be a member at all to attend a meeting. And where does our money go? Either straight to a charity that has an excellent track record, straight into helping us feed, clothe, and provide for the unfortunate people in our community, or it pays for utilities, etc. So where are the lies? We aren't all a pack of televangelists, you know, trying to pay for Caiaphas' Cadillac.

When I speak of churches and mosques lying, I am referring to the theology they shove down your throat.

Have you not noticed the you priest will tell you the usual dogma that God is unknowable, unfathomable and works in mysterious ways?

Have you also missed that he or she then proceeds to tell you all the reams of information that he knows and fathoms about the God he said was unknowable an unfathomable?

IOW. Have you missed that he is lying to you constantly?

Regards
DL

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2015, 2:52 pm

The Clintons live quite nicely off their "foundation."

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2015, 2:57 pm

Spiderpig wrote:
Laws are like television according to some wise quote: however few laws you have, have fewer.

This is not an issue of laws. It is an issue of our trying to help the gullible being fleeced by professional con men, priests and imams.

It is about us doing unto others and being our gullible brothers keeper.

Regards
DL

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2015, 3:00 pm

chapstan wrote:
When I first read the title to this thread, I thought you were talking about Public Institutions, ie Government offices. I think of Religious Groups and Charities as private institutions- non-governmental organizations.

Now if any government official, politician, were to lose funding for lying, we wouldn't have Big Government anymore.

I hear you but they are somewhat restricted by opposition and statistics.

They are minor liars compared to those I listed.

Regards
DL

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2015, 3:07 pm

Ban-Dodger wrote:
This thread now needs a « James Randi exposes Peter Popoff » video-clip...

A good example of religions constantly lying to the gullible.

And especially to the old whom they fleece mercilessly and immorally.

If I ---

Regards
DL

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2015, 3:13 pm

AspieUtah wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
A law against public institutions that lie would outlaw pretty much all government

Really?!? Oh, I hope they pursue it then! I hope, I hope, I hope. Not to be too ironic, but where could I contribute great huge wodges of cash to the cause?

If you have it that cash, keep it and collaborate with me and we can make it so.

Those that I named have bought the privilege of fleecing the public and we can buy that privilege out from under them and return justice to our charity systems and morality to religion.

Regards
DL

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2015, 3:15 pm

Fnord wrote:
There are already laws against various forms of fraud. Unfortunately, there are also laws that make it legal to use a reasonable portion of donated money for operating expenses. Even more unfortunate is that these laws don't always specify what percentage is deemed "reasonable".

I put a list above.

It does not take a rocket scientist to see that something is unjust in the extreme.

Regards
DL

chapstan
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

15 Jul 2015, 3:22 pm

Quote:
The courts already voted on Christianity and I.D. and found Christianity a liar in that case.

I don't know what you are referring to here, I.D. ??

Quote:
Christianity is an idol worshiping religion while Gnostic Christianity preaches the supremacy of man.

Yes I am admitting my ignorance here, if Gnostic Christianity preaches the supremacy of man, then how is it Christian?

In your long list of unCharitable organizations, there weren't any religious groups. Now that may be because many churches refuse to provide such information.

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2015, 3:25 pm

AspieUtah wrote:
The Clintons live quite nicely off their "foundation."

A drop in a huge bucket and we do not see any of the many foundations raising hell in the courts or media.

There is a spot for some of that bankroll you mentioned.

If the courts do not act then no one is likely to do so.

All we need is a few prosecutions and the law will automatically bear down on abuse.

Regards
DL

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2015, 3:29 pm

Ethical =\\= Fair, Just, Legal, Moral, or Right
Fair =\\= Ethical, Just, Legal, Moral, or Right
Just =\\= Ethical, Fair, Legal, Moral, or Right
Legal =\\= Ethical, Fair, Just, Moral, or Right
Moral =\\= Ethical, Fair, Just, Legal, or Right
Right =\\= Ethical, Fair, Just, Legal, or Moral

Where "=\\=" means "Does not always equal".

Let's just ban charitable organizations entirely, and put indigent people on the Public Dole.

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2015, 3:32 pm

chapstan wrote:
Quote:

I don't know what you are referring to here, I.D. ??

Quote:

Yes I am admitting my ignorance here, if Gnostic Christianity preaches the supremacy of man, then how is it Christian?

In your long list of unCharitable organizations, there weren't any religious groups. Now that may be because many churches refuse to provide such information.

Here is a link to the I.. trial where the court cough the Christians in a lie or three.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HZzGXnYL5I

I am familiar with the odd church being chastised by the tax man but have no stats at present.

As to Gnostic Christianity.

Gnostic Christians are perpetual seekers after God. God here I define as the best laws and rules to live life with.

We believe that those laws and rules, as Jesus said, are found in our minds/hearts. I use the following to try to illustrate this notion. A bit of history and then a mindset and method to do what I promote.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oR02cia ... =PLCBF574D

The thinking shown below is the Gnostic Christian’s goal as taught by Jesus but know that any belief can be internalized to activate your higher mind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alRNbes ... r_embedded

This method and mind set is how you become I am and brethren to Jesus, in the esoteric sense.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdSVl_HOo8Y

When you can name your God, I am, and mean yourself, you will begin to know the only God you will ever find. Becoming a God is to become more fully human and a brethren to Jesus.

Regards
DL

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2015, 3:39 pm

Fnord wrote:
Ethical =\\= Fair, Just, Legal, Moral, or Right
Fair =\\= Ethical, Just, Legal, Moral, or Right
Just =\\= Ethical, Fair, Legal, Moral, or Right
Legal =\\= Ethical, Fair, Just, Moral, or Right
Moral =\\= Ethical, Fair, Just, Legal, or Right
Right =\\= Ethical, Fair, Just, Legal, or Moral

Where "=\\=" means "Does not always equal".

Let's just ban charitable organizations entirely, and put indigent people on the Public Dole.

I do not agree on this course of action.

Researchers and other recipients of charitable donations should not b penalized because of the bad apples in the barrel. Better to clean out the bad apples and let the hungry at the good apples.

Regards
DL

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2015, 3:42 pm

GnosticBishop wrote:
[...]Researchers and other recipients of charitable donations should not be penalized because of the bad apples in the barrel. Better to clean out the bad apples and let the hungry at the good apples.
And what registered charity passes along 100% of what it collects to those it claims to represent?

kamiyu910
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2015, 5:00 pm

You cannot claim someone is lying just because they believe something you disagree with because you feel there is no proof. For some, there is plenty of proof. It's a completely personal choice. At my church, we study the bible, we look at what other religions believe and how each version of the bible came to be, and we compare it to the ancient documents that have survived and study it all. We question things, and we welcome people to question. It's the only church I know where the pastor welcomes people to correct him in the middle of a sermon.

Now, I wouldn't mind if places like TBN suddenly caught fire and died... hah

Lukecash12
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2015, 11:19 pm

GnosticBishop wrote:
Lukecash12 wrote:
GnosticBishop wrote:
Should there be a law against public institutions that lie for money?

Religions and many charitable organizations of all stripes make their revenues by lying to people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJ9oBCLwwL0

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... endas.html

Should we help protect the gullible by eliminating all the fraud that is being passed off as religion and charity?

Those who do not believe the lies being sold by religions and charities are presently subsidize the tax exemptions and credits that religions and charities enjoy. What they save in taxes, non-believers and those who actually want to give to charities must fork up.

I am not what most would call a non-believer, I am a Gnostic Christian, but still resent my hard earned tax money being used to perpetuate what most know are lies. If you are a non-believer, or one who wants your charitable donations to actually be used for charity, I hope you feel the same and do not like being fleeced the way the gullible are.

There ought to be a law against institution like religions and bogus charities that live off of lying to the gullible.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/won ... on-a-year/

Do you agree?

Regards
DL

To be honest, this just sounds like an ignorant tirade against people who donate money to their church. Show us where all the lies are, if you will.

My church, for example, is as transparent as could be about it's budget and you don't have to be a member at all to attend a meeting. And where does our money go? Either straight to a charity that has an excellent track record, straight into helping us feed, clothe, and provide for the unfortunate people in our community, or it pays for utilities, etc. So where are the lies? We aren't all a pack of televangelists, you know, trying to pay for Caiaphas' Cadillac.

When I speak of churches and mosques lying, I am referring to the theology they shove down your throat.

Have you not noticed the you priest will tell you the usual dogma that God is unknowable, unfathomable and works in mysterious ways?

Have you also missed that he or she then proceeds to tell you all the reams of information that he knows and fathoms about the God he said was unknowable an unfathomable?

IOW. Have you missed that he is lying to you constantly?

Regards
DL

Nope. I haven't heard any of that. Or to be more precise: I haven't said any of that. You're conversing with a Freewill Baptist minister. So why don't you take a little step back with "shove theology down your throat" and listen to how vindictive you sound. Quit dehumanizing us.