Page 5 of 8 [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 14 Apr 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,893

26 Jul 2015, 5:56 pm

They're too busy fighting back against each other.


_________________
The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.


Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 14 Apr 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,893

26 Jul 2015, 6:03 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Conservatives could be saddled with the same criticism, as they adamantly refuse to listen to the other side, often denigrating science in general as false. One conservative former neighbor who I had become friendly with had insisted that talk of global warming was just a means of the left to take away everyone's freedom.


Science is just a means to take away everyone's freedom to be as irrational as they want, to hold on to whatever beliefs suit their interests, desregarding any annoying evidence to the contrary, and to act on those beliefs with the full force of the number of people sharing their mindset.


_________________
The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.


LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Oct 2013
Gender: Female
Posts: 6,104
Location: USA

26 Jul 2015, 6:14 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
They should picture a world without taxes...


The majority of the history of the United States is without an Income tax.

Not sure why you think you cant run your life unless a government worker manages it for you.

I do hear that from Socialists though, "people are dumb, and need government workers to think for them".



Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 8 Mar 2007
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,985
Location: Southeast U.S.A.

26 Jul 2015, 6:56 pm

Liberal creativity
Image

Conservative creativity
Image


_________________
“Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views.”
- William F. Buckley


Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 18 Jun 2012
Age: 55
Gender: Female
Posts: 13,895
Location: Aux Arcs

26 Jul 2015, 7:19 pm

Image


_________________
"Security is mostly a superstition.It does not exist in nature,nor do the children of men as a whole experience it.Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure.Life is either a daring adventure,or nothing." Helen Keller


Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 40,411
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

26 Jul 2015, 7:35 pm

LoveNotHate wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
They should picture a world without taxes...


The majority of the history of the United States is without an Income tax.

Not sure why you think you cant run your life unless a government worker manages it for you.

I do hear that from Socialists though, "people are dumb, and need government workers to think for them".


People who don't pay income tax still pay for social security, unemployment, and such out of their paychecks. The notion that poor and middle income people get away Scott free from paying taxes is a right wing fantasy.


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


Skibz888
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 25 Nov 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 965
Location: Orange County, CA

26 Jul 2015, 11:40 pm

Raptor wrote:
Liberal creativity
Image

Conservative creativity
Image


I can't help but read this as:

"Liberal creativity = art"
"Conservative creativity = kill all brown people"



aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 25 Nov 2010
Age: 59
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,473

26 Jul 2015, 11:52 pm

^^^

Mechanical Cognition vs Social Cognition is what THAT speaks to me. Where even Cats have more heArt than Mechanical Cognition Lovers..:)


_________________
KATiE MiA FredericK!iI

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick


Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 8 Mar 2007
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,985
Location: Southeast U.S.A.

27 Jul 2015, 12:11 am

Skibz888 wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Liberal creativity
Image

Conservative creativity
Image


I can't help but read this as:

"Liberal creativity = art"
"Conservative creativity = kill all brown people"

Why just brown people when it's just as much fun to knock off white people. Actually, even more so since the blood contrasts better. :twisted:
Sorry, but you baited that response.


_________________
“Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views.”
- William F. Buckley


sly279
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Dec 2013
Age: 31
Gender: Male
Posts: 14,901
Location: US

27 Jul 2015, 12:12 am

how do you get kill brown people?



Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 8 Mar 2007
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,985
Location: Southeast U.S.A.

27 Jul 2015, 12:19 am

sly279 wrote:
how do you get kill brown people?

The left believes that the only reason privately owned firearms and carry permits exist is to facilitate angry racist white people murdering people of color under the rationale of self defense. It gets back to the Zimmerman - Martin fiasco of 2012-13 if you were on this forum then.


_________________
“Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views.”
- William F. Buckley


Skibz888
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 25 Nov 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 965
Location: Orange County, CA

27 Jul 2015, 12:25 am

Raptor wrote:
sly279 wrote:
how do you get kill brown people?

The left believes that the only reason privately owned firearms and carry permits exist is to facilitate angry racist white people murdering people of color under the rationale of self defense. It gets back to the Zimmerman - Martin fiasco of 2012-13 if you were on this forum then.


Privately owned? You posted a photo of a machine gun with an army helmet next to it (hence my specification of color)...

Still, it doesn't change the absurdity of your initial post: "Liberal creativity = art", "Conservative creativity = gun". What am I supposed to derive from that?



Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 8 Mar 2007
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,985
Location: Southeast U.S.A.

27 Jul 2015, 12:42 am

Skibz888 wrote:
Raptor wrote:
sly279 wrote:
how do you get kill brown people?

The left believes that the only reason privately owned firearms and carry permits exist is to facilitate angry racist white people murdering people of color under the rationale of self defense. It gets back to the Zimmerman - Martin fiasco of 2012-13 if you were on this forum then.


Privately owned? You posted a photo of a machine gun with an army helmet next to it (hence my specification of color)...
Machine gun? That's a .50 caliber rifle, not an MG. I can buy one of those at a local gun shop if I have enough $$$ and those ARE expensive.
And the reason the US Army (and the USMC,USAF, USN)has been shooting brown people in more recent conflicts is because there haven't been any white people to shoot at since the involvement in Bosnia. We take what we can get.

Quote:
Still, it doesn't change the absurdity of your initial post: "Liberal creativity = art", "Conservative creativity = gun". What am I supposed to derive from that?

The thread itself is absurd. Out of liberals and conservatives, why would one group be more creative than the other?


_________________
“Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views.”
- William F. Buckley


Skibz888
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 25 Nov 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 965
Location: Orange County, CA

27 Jul 2015, 12:51 am

Raptor wrote:
Machine gun? That's a .50 caliber rifle, not an MG. I can buy one of those at a local gun shop if I have enough $$$ and those ARE expensive.


Obviously I'm not a gun expert. I can understand owning a pistol for self-defense or a rifle for sport, I just don't understand why anyone would want or need to own an anti-materiel rifle for personal use, but hey, it's not my business.

Raptor wrote:
And the reason the US Army (and the USMC,USAF, USN)has been shooting brown people in more recent conflicts is because there haven't been any white people to shoot at since the involvement in Bosnia. We take what we can get.


"We take what we can get" is one of the most horrifying things I can hear in relation to war. 8O

Quote:
The thread itself is absurd. Out of liberals and conservatives, why would one group be more creative than the other?


I'm not in disagreement here; I've mentioned several times throughout this thread that I don't believe something as arbitrary as political belief has any impact on the creative process and, to analogize, a beautiful painting is just as beautiful regardless of who the painter voted for.

Yet, I still have no idea what point you were trying to make by "Liberal creativity = art"/"Conservative creativity = gun".



LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Oct 2013
Gender: Female
Posts: 6,104
Location: USA

27 Jul 2015, 12:57 am

Skibz888 wrote:
Still, it doesn't change the absurdity of your initial post: "Liberal creativity = art", "Conservative creativity = gun". What am I supposed to derive from that?


I took it as ...

liberal is feminite
conservative is masculine