Page 1 of 3 [ 43 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2015, 1:11 pm

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

Nambo
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2015, 1:21 pm

Thats good, thanks.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2015, 9:54 pm

I wonder why all of our resident feminists and male apologists aren't up in arms over this video.
We should be up to at least 10 pages of personal attacks, trolling, strawman attacks, and ad hominem attacks by now.
WTF is happeing to PPR?!?! :x

blauSamstag
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2015, 11:15 pm

*shrug* third wave feminism is pretty effed.

The only thing she said that i have a problem with is how she equates women getting raped by men in college with men getting raped by men in prison.

Also, she says she doesn't need feminism when what she's against (and what her vlog 'destroys') is batshit 3rd wave feminism.

Lintar
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2015, 11:30 pm

Raptor wrote:
I wonder why all of our resident feminists and male apologists aren't up in arms over this video.
We should be up to at least 10 pages of personal attacks, trolling, strawman attacks, and ad hominem attacks by now.

Could it be because what this woman says makes so much sense that no one could seriously dispute it? Maybe our 'resident feminists' and 'male apologists' are not so blinded by ideology after all (they just seem that way).

blauSamstag
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2015, 12:03 am

Lintar wrote:
Raptor wrote:

Could it be because what this woman says makes so much sense that no one could seriously dispute it? Maybe our 'resident feminists' and 'male apologists' are not so blinded by ideology after all (they just seem that way).

Well, there's a nomenclature problem. Third wave feminists don't go around referring to themselves as third wave feminists. just, feminists.

1st or 2nd wave feminists might not protest the entire idea of having just one safe house for male victims of domestic violence, for example. I dunno about the 50% statistic but i know they exist because my best friend used to get beaten by his wife.

Not because she was bigger, but because he didn't think it would help him solve his problem.

It all came to a head one night where somehow he got a black eye, she called the cops, and he went to jail for the weekend.

mpe
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

31 Aug 2015, 6:21 am

blauSamstag wrote:
Lintar wrote:
Raptor wrote:

Well, there's a nomenclature problem. Third wave feminists don't go around referring to themselves as third wave feminists. just, feminists.

1st or 2nd wave feminists might not protest the entire idea of having just one safe house for male victims of domestic violence, for example. I dunno about the 50% statistic but i know they exist because my best friend used to get beaten by his wife.

I suspect '3rd wave feminists' are just as diverse a group as 1st or 2nd wave.

It's not clear what would count as first and second. The issue of abusive relationships appears to have been co-opted by feminists since the early 1980's.

adifferentname
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2015, 6:28 am

blauSamstag wrote:

The only thing she said that i have a problem with is how she equates women getting raped by men in college with men getting raped by men in prison.

Why? Because men in prison are far more likely to be raped than women in college? Or because prison and college are so wildly different?

Consider it from the perspective that prison is fast becoming 'college' for a large number of young men.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2015, 6:30 am

Quote:
Girl destroys feminism in 3 minutes

and the video destroys my attention in 2

blauSamstag
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2015, 8:44 am

adifferentname wrote:
blauSamstag wrote:

Why? Because men in prison are far more likely to be raped than women in college? Or because prison and college are so wildly different?

Consider it from the perspective that prison is fast becoming 'college' for a large number of young men.

Prison becoming college? Please.

Perhaps because men are the aggressors in both scenarios, though.

glebel
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2015, 9:44 am

A fair and level playing field is the only way we can move ahead. This "Affirmative Action" crap doesn't work, and all it does is lower the standards in society in general. We need a meritocracy, not more of this tyranny of the 'entitled'. I have never abused a woman, never enslaved a black, and I treat everybody the same. Why do I owe something to people that liberals say are disadvantaged? Under this system, I'm disadvantaged.

wilburforce
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2015, 3:10 pm

glebel wrote:
A fair and level playing field is the only way we can move ahead. This "Affirmative Action" crap doesn't work, and all it does is lower the standards in society in general. We need a meritocracy, not more of this tyranny of the 'entitled'. I have never abused a woman, never enslaved a black, and I treat everybody the same. Why do I owe something to people that liberals say are disadvantaged? Under this system, I'm disadvantaged.

intersectional feminism if this term doesn't help you understand how it's possible to be disadvantaged in various different ways while being advantaged in others (like a person who is male and educated, but also black and disabled; or a person who is white and heterosexual, but also female and very poor) then you will never understand.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2015, 3:12 pm

I don't have a clue what 3rd wave feminism is, but whatever, I'm not a feminist anyway. The lady in the video makes some good points about the refusal of society to take prison rape seriously. Or rape of men in general seriously. Also, the stuff about child custody and hiring quotas.
I'm not sure feminism's lack of addressing these issues is surprising though. Because, obviously, their primary concern is women.

Two wrongs don't make a right.

glebel
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2015, 3:17 pm

wilburforce wrote:
glebel wrote:

intersectional feminism if this term doesn't help you understand how it's possible to be disadvantaged in various different ways while being advantaged in others (like a person who is male and educated, but also black and disabled; or a person who is white and heterosexual, but also female and very poor) then you will never understand.

How am I advantaged? You don't know me, and yet you make some kind of assertion that I'm lying in a bed of roses? Because I am obviously a white male, I must be having life all my way? And apparently I'm ignorant too. :roll:

wilburforce
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2015, 3:22 pm

glebel wrote:
wilburforce wrote:
glebel wrote:

How am I advantaged? You don't know me, and yet you make some kind of assertion that I'm lying in a bed of roses? Because I am obviously a white male, I must be having life all my way? And apparently I'm ignorant too. :roll:

does that mean you didn't read/can't understand the information in the link?

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2015, 3:39 pm

blauSamstag wrote:
adifferentname wrote:
blauSamstag wrote:

Prison becoming college? Please.

Perhaps because men are the aggressors in both scenarios, though.

Or maybe because prison rape is considered part of the punishment?

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.