Should they end sexually segregated restrooms?

Page 4 of 5 [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

NewTime
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2015, 1:02 pm

Should they end sexually segregated prisons? If you think restrooms shouldn't be sexually segregated, what about prisons?

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2015, 1:18 pm

NewTime wrote:
Should they end sexually segregated prisons? If you think restrooms shouldn't be sexually segregated, what about prisons?

You have to keep in mind, a prison is full of men and women who do not get to be with their families or friends so they are put in a situation that is entirely different and longer lasting than simply spending a few minutes in a public restroom, then returning to their familiars. If men and women are together long term in prison, they would be wanting to form relationships with one another and it could be argued that isn't enough punishment for criminals - letting them have a regular life in prison.

Inventor
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2015, 1:31 pm

All forms of segregation are morally wrong!

There should be one restroom for all, common showers for gym's, and 50% of the military should be female.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2015, 1:35 pm

Now that I think of it unisex bathrooms were here in Arkansas before it was a trend.It was called an outhouse.lol Men didn't wait in line becuse there were plenty of trees.Everybody was happy.

"Security is mostly a superstition.It does not exist in nature,nor do the children of men as a whole experience it.Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure.Life is either a daring adventure,or nothing." Helen Keller

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2015, 1:57 pm

But only a watermelon tree hugger would defend that today! :jester:

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2015, 8:41 pm

Spiderpig wrote:
But only a watermelon tree hugger would defend that today! :jester:

How did you know that I'm a watermelon tree hugger? :lol:

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26&start=645

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2015, 9:27 pm

Quote:
Should They End Sexually Segregated Restrooms?

Nope!
False accusations of rape will be on the rise.
Actual rape or other acts of seual aggression will increase.
Bad idea with little or no actual benefits that I can see except just to be progressive which I aint

XFilesGeek
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

26 Jul 2015, 9:34 pm

Had to share bathrooms with men in the military.

I survived.

I think it's funny how prissy people get about their precious bathroom habits.

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (moderator)

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

27 Jul 2015, 6:02 am

I see no downsides to providing some integrated toilets. As long as there are still some segregated toilets that people can choose if they're not comfortable for whatever reason, or for efficiency (men can get in and out of toilets much more quickly, thanks to urinals). Given that there is some benefit - a really big benefit to a small proportion of people - and no down side, it makes sense to do it.

I find it unlikely that many rapes would be committed in public toilets, because they're a public place with lots of people going through. I find it completely implausible that integrated bathrooms would cause people to lie about being raped.

pluto
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2015, 4:55 pm

The_Walrus wrote:
As long as there are still some segregated toilets that people can choose if they're not comfortable for whatever reason, or for efficiency (men can get in and out of toilets much more quickly, thanks to urinals).

That's the only way it would work - having an integrated toilet as a 3rd choice.It's not about segration,it's about
privacy.If you only have a single integrated toilet then it ignores the feelings of those who still value some privacy and may be uncomfortable using a unisex version. People who consider themselves as simply male or female,old-fashioned as it may be,should have rights as well.

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2015, 5:02 pm

What about those who value privacy from people of their own sex, too?

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2015, 8:34 pm

The_Walrus wrote:
I see no downsides to providing some integrated toilets. As long as there are still some segregated toilets that people can choose if they're not comfortable for whatever reason, or for efficiency (men can get in and out of toilets much more quickly, thanks to urinals). Given that there is some benefit - a really big benefit to a small proportion of people - and no down side, it makes sense to do it.

I find it unlikely that many rapes would be committed in public toilets, because they're a public place with lots of people going through. I find it completely implausible that integrated bathrooms would cause people to lie about being raped.
Perfect.

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

28 Jul 2015, 4:27 am

pluto wrote:
The_Walrus wrote:
As long as there are still some segregated toilets that people can choose if they're not comfortable for whatever reason, or for efficiency (men can get in and out of toilets much more quickly, thanks to urinals).

That's the only way it would work - having an integrated toilet as a 3rd choice.It's not about segration,it's about
privacy.If you only have a single integrated toilet then it ignores the feelings of those who still value some privacy and may be uncomfortable using a unisex version. People who consider themselves as simply male or female,old-fashioned as it may be,should have rights as well.

I don't really buy the privacy argument, and certainly not the notion that integrated toilets breach anyone's rights.

I've never seen an integrated toilet with urinals. There's loads of privacy in them. They're just like women's toilets, loads of stalls. If anyone has a problem with people of the opposite sex watching them wash their hands, I'd be surprised.

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2015, 6:17 am

Hm..., female hands can be nice to look at, especially if you don't get a close glimpse of them all that often. I see them rarely enough to forget their typical size, think my own hands might pass as female if they were less hairy, and be pleasantly surprised the next time I see them.

I think this means women might have about as many reasons not to let me see them washing their hands as if they were washing their breasts.

pluto
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2015, 1:57 pm

The_Walrus wrote:
pluto wrote:
The_Walrus wrote:

I don't really buy the privacy argument, and certainly not the notion that integrated toilets breach anyone's rights.

I've never seen an integrated toilet with urinals. There's loads of privacy in them. They're just like women's toilets, loads of stalls. If anyone has a problem with people of the opposite sex watching them wash their hands, I'd be surprised.

Don't women go into toilets in 2s and 3s so they can have private conversations while they're washing their hands ? :)