Should they end sexually segregated restrooms?

Page 5 of 5 [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

animalcrackers
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2015, 3:18 am

sly279 wrote:
stalls are for pooping only or if all the urinals are full.

There's no law about it. If you don't want to pee in front of others you can pee in the stalls -- that's what I do, and what I'm sure plenty of other men do as well. (Obviously we're a minority but I'm not the only man I know who prefers to pee in the stalls and I'm certain there are lots of other guys in the world who are pee-shy or otherwise uncomfortable enough with urinals that they choose to pee in the stalls.)

sly279 wrote:
that would suck you can fit way more urnials then stalls in a room.

Yeah, if they don't have the big dividers between them that's true about fitting more urinals in. I suppose it could create longer wait times in some places to not have the open-style urinals, depending on available floor space and design.

Love transcends all.

Metalwolf
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2015, 4:40 am

AspieOtaku wrote:
So wouldnt feminists want to end gender segregation? The Restroom is the last place both sexes are segregated and causes more complexities with transgenders! A woman who identifies as a man should have the right to take a pee pee in the mens room without issue and a man who identifies as a woman should beable to go pee pee in a womans room without any issue, but in reality it causes a lot of stink why not just make all public restrooms coed?
The reason why the bathrooms are segregated is so the women or man feels comfortable being able to poop or pee without needing to fear that some pervie will look at their junk. And transgenders aren't common. And desegregating would be making the needs of a few a priority while ignoring or minimizing the needs of the overwhelming many. Maybe a better way is to have additional unisex bathrooms created instead, which would fill additional needs without making things divisional, while also leaving all parties satisfied.

I'm a feminist, but I'm not third wave. The third wavers are the ones that are fond of the idea of 'genders' '(as opposed to concrete biological sex.) 'Genders' to me ultimately just re-enforce male/female stereotypes, as they are an idealized notion of what a male/female is 'supposed' to be.

Kiriae
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2015, 6:23 am

In my cram school all restrooms are coed. Most are just small rooms with a few lockable stalls and sinks on the opposite wall but the main restroom is a huge room with 6 sinks and it has 2 acloves attached - the one on right from the sinks one has 3 lockable stalls for males, the one on left has 3 lockable stalls for females.

Noone sees any problem with it. Although it feels a bit uneasy when the only one with you in the room is opposite sex (the restrooms here are usually not crowded).

glebel
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2015, 12:28 pm

Kiriae wrote:
In my cram school all restrooms are coed. Most are just small rooms with a few lockable stalls and sinks on the opposite wall but the main restroom is a huge room with 6 sinks and it has 2 acloves attached - the one on right from the sinks one has 3 lockable stalls for males, the one on left has 3 lockable stalls for females.

Noone sees any problem with it. Although it feels a bit uneasy when the only one with you in the room is opposite sex (the restrooms here are usually not crowded).

In other words, your restrooms are segregated.

chemystery00
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

06 Aug 2015, 12:37 pm

I think we should all have unisex or gender neutral restrooms only one person at a time instead of multiple stalls so it can be private and more sanitary. :D

glebel
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2015, 1:13 pm

It would probably be cheaper to just to have separate women's and men's rooms like most places have now.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2015, 7:38 pm

glebel wrote:
It would probably be cheaper to just to have separate women's and men's rooms like most places have now.
But..it would be a hinderance to feminism because both men and women are supposed to be equal right? Should we not end sexual segregation once and for all? At first everyone will be uncomfortable and disgusted but in due time that will pass and they will be used to it and it will be no big deal.

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2015, 11:51 pm

AspieOtaku wrote:
glebel wrote:
But..it would be a hinderance to feminism because both men and women are supposed to be equal right? Should we not end sexual segregation once and for all? At first everyone will be uncomfortable and disgusted but in due time that will pass and they will be used to it and it will be no big deal.

idk a lot of the feminist who I see and talk to, do not want men to be equal to women and don't want men and women to share the same public restrooms.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2015, 12:10 am

sly279 wrote:
AspieOtaku wrote:
glebel wrote:

idk a lot of the feminist who I see and talk to, do not want men to be equal to women and don't want men and women to share the same public restrooms.
But if they dont then they arent feminists because femanism is the advocacy and belief that women are equal to that of men. So I have hit a loop hole and a flaw to the whole plot. Muahahhahaa!

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

pluto
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2015, 5:50 pm

I don't really see how having segregated toilets relates to not being treated equally.If both men and women are provided with their own facilities at appointed places then isn't that an example of being treated equally ?

p.s. I have used the term toilets rather than restrooms,because British English should have equality with American English :)