Elizabeth Warren calls the GOP on anti-women crusade

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Fugu
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2015, 2:04 pm

http://www.salon.com/2015/08/04/elizabeth_warren_humiliates_senate_gop_did_you_fall_down_hit_your_head_and_think_you_woke_up_in_the_1950s_or_1890s/

Quote:
Massachusetts Senator Elizabeth Warren was none too pleased with Republican’s attempt to grandstand on the issue of women’s health as the first GOP primary debate approaches, and she voiced her displeasure to her senate colleagues in no uncertain terms on Monday.

“I come to the Senate floor today to ask my Republican colleagues a question,” she began. “Do you have any idea what year it is? Did you fall down, hit your head, and think you woke up in the 1950s? Or the 1890s? Should we call for a doctor?”

“Because I simply cannot believe that in the year 2015, the United States Senate would be spending its time trying to defund women’s healthcare centers. On second thought, maybe I shouldn’t be surprised. The Republicans have had a plan for years to strip away women’s rights to make choices over our own bodies.”

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2015, 4:48 pm

Notice there's no grandstanding on Social Security like before? I dare them to grandstand that this time!

xenocity
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2015, 5:26 pm

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
Notice there's no grandstanding on Social Security like before? I dare them to grandstand that this time!

This is one of many times GOPs since 2012 GOP have tried to defund stuff that effects women and people with disabilities.
I loved it when the GOP grandstanded on saving Social Security via privatization, during Bush years, 2008 and 2012.

The reason why you haven't seen the GOP grandstand since 2012, is due to the conservative and Tea Party members gaining control of the party.
With the financial backers of the GOP reigning in the candidates after Romney betrayed them by swinging to the center after he won the nomination in 2012.
They hated Romney for showing his true centrist colors, after posing as conservative to win the nomination.

The GOP and it's backers are going to make sure candidates don't pull a Romney again.