Transgender want YOU to pay for their procedures

Page 2 of 7 [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

Fugu
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2015, 12:45 pm

beneficii wrote:
Fugu,

It's not about what would benefit me. Rather, it's about premium payers and taxpayers, many of whom struggle to make ends meet, and whether they're going to have to pay extra so a tiny portion of the population can benefit. They deserve to understand the reality of what their money would be going toward and to have an informed opinion on whether their money should go towards the kinds of procedures mentioned in the OP.
it stops being 'their' money the moment they pay it to the insurance company, and they're only paying for their own care in any event.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2015, 1:02 pm

I say NO they shouldn't get to have the surgery unless they pay for it completely out of pocket. There are people now whose insurance won't pay for certain needed medicine like chemo drugs. These transgender people have healthy bodies and it would be no different than a person wanting reconstructive surgery because they just aren't happy with what God gave them. So, NO.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

Fugu
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2015, 1:43 pm

nurseangela wrote:
I say NO they shouldn't get to have the surgery unless they pay for it completely out of pocket. There are people now whose insurance won't pay for certain needed medicine like chemo drugs. These transgender people have healthy bodies and it would be no different than a person wanting reconstructive surgery because they just aren't happy with what God gave them. So, NO.
you realize that putting someone in that position is the reason that 40% of transgender people have attempted suicide(9 times the national average). your average suicide costs just over a million dollars(44.6 billion total cost in 2010), so it's probably cheaper this way.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2015, 2:02 pm

Fugu wrote:
nurseangela wrote:
you realize that putting someone in that position is the reason that 40% of transgender people have attempted suicide(9 times the national average). your average suicide costs just over a million dollars(44.6 billion total cost in 2010), so it's probably cheaper this way.

I'd like to have bigger boobs and a tummy tuck and sometimes when I eat too many salty chips my turkey neck will show up (that really depresses me). I'm sure if I had been able to have these "changes" I would have been married by now. Will you pay for my surgery, please?

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2015, 2:19 pm

If one should be happy with what God gave them, let's be happy with cancer and any kind of genetic or developmental malformation. Let them happily endure excruciating pain and die a godly death. Who are we to meddle in the mysterious designs of the Almighty?

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.

Fugu
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2015, 2:32 pm

nurseangela wrote:
Fugu wrote:
nurseangela wrote:

I'd like to have bigger boobs and a tummy tuck and sometimes when I eat too many salty chips my turkey neck will show up (that really depresses me). I'm sure if I had been able to have these "changes" I would have been married by now. Will you pay for my surgery, please?
why don't you lobby for single-payer, it'd probably help save you enough money to do all of those things(despite not actually being suicidal :roll: )

Fugu
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2015, 2:36 pm

Spiderpig wrote:
If one should be happy with what God gave them, let's be happy with cancer and any kind of genetic or developmental malformation. Let them happily endure excruciating pain and die a godly death. Who are we to meddle in the mysterious designs of the Almighty?

God made this guy as well it seems. why he would I've no clue :?

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2015, 3:00 pm

Fugu,

Is that a person? Who is it?

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

04 Aug 2015, 3:12 pm

Fugu wrote:
nurseangela wrote:

I believe the rate of suicide for people that get the surgeries is very high as well, I see it as a serious mental illness and maybe the best treatment is to engage the delusion but you have to draw a line when real harm is done. Becoming a Frankenstein experiment is not medicine, it is butchery. Surgery can only change your outward appearance, maybe the science will be there one day but it isn't there now. I question the use of hormones as well, I can see its use in feminization and moreso masculation in FTM but I think that is a pretty scary experiment on your body chemistry if for any other reason. I don't think pumping a mentally ill person full of hormones not natural to their body will be too conducive to their health.

We need to learn to accept ourselves and each other as who we are, we are all dealt different hands in life and us on the spectrum obviously know this as well as anyone. Identify as whatever you like, I accept you as you accept me.

Fugu
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2015, 3:19 pm

beneficii wrote:
Fugu,

That's a Blobfish, found deep under the ocean.

Jacoby wrote:
Fugu wrote:
nurseangela wrote:

I believe the rate of suicide for people that get the surgeries is very high as well, I see it as a serious mental illness and maybe the best treatment is to engage the delusion but you have to draw a line when real harm is done. Becoming a Frankenstein experiment is not medicine, it is butchery. Surgery can only change your outward appearance, maybe the science will be there one day but it isn't there now. I question the use of hormones as well, I can see its use in feminization and moreso masculation in FTM but I think that is a pretty scary experiment on your body chemistry if for any other reason. I don't think pumping a mentally ill person full of hormones not natural to their body will be too conducive to their health.

We need to learn to accept ourselves and each other as who we are, we are all dealt different hands in life and us on the spectrum obviously know this as well as anyone. Identify as whatever you like, I accept you as you accept me.
so you believe that you accept people as they are, but they can't be who they think they should be, but what you think they are instead.

uh, right. :roll:

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2015, 3:32 pm

Fugu wrote:
beneficii wrote:
Fugu,

That's a Blobfish, found deep under the ocean.

Jacoby wrote:
Fugu wrote:
nurseangela wrote:

so you believe that you accept people as they are, but they can't be who they think they should be, but what you think they are instead.

uh, right. :roll:

Acceptance does not mean I support them harming themselves under the guise of medicine. Extreme body modification isn't something that should be supported by taxpayers or the medical establishment.

Fugu
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2015, 3:53 pm

Jacoby wrote:
Acceptance does not mean I support them harming themselves under the guise of medicine. Extreme body modification isn't something that should be supported by taxpayers or the medical establishment.
where's your proof that it's harmful?
you don't support extreme body modification huh? so extreme burn victims, people who are born without teeth, arms or eyeballs, they can all spin in the wind, yah?

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2015, 4:02 pm

Fugu wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
you don't support extreme body modification huh? so extreme burn victims, people who are born without teeth, arms or eyeballs, they can all spin in the wind, yah?

Fugu
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2015, 4:06 pm

Jacoby wrote:
Fugu wrote:
Jacoby wrote:

glebel
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2015, 5:32 pm

You can't equate gender altering procedures with repairing damaged bodies due to accidents and genetics. Irregardless of how you feel about people who have a freakish desire to undo what they were born as, I don't see how any rational person can support taking money away from necessary medical services and spend it on something someone wants.

glebel
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2015, 5:33 pm

You can't equate gender altering procedures with repairing damaged bodies due to accidents and genetics. Irregardless of how you feel about people who have a freakish desire to undo what they were born as, I don't see how any rational person can support taking money away from necessary medical services and spend it on something someone wants.