Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2015, 4:00 pm

No, but I wish that I could.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2015, 6:23 pm

I think that over the passage of time, more people will see 9/11 as just another day on the calendar.

The idea is sad, but people not directly affected by 9/11 will remember it less faithfully.

blauSamstag
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2015, 11:38 pm

Based on the results of surveys asking people about things like who the hijackers were, etc, I'd say that most people have forgotten a hell of a lot about 9/11.

I am weary of the increasing ritual of observance.

I don't want to hear or read anyone's "where i was" story. I don't want to share mine.

I kinda think the truthers need to be rounded up into camps for reeducation. I think this would cause most of them intense bliss in knowing that they were right about how evil the government is and how badly it wants to silence them. Plus it might silence them.

I mourn the attacks, and i mourn what our nation did in response to them.

Catlover5
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2015, 11:47 am

RIP all the people who died in 9/11, my condolences to all of those affected. :cry:

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2015, 8:22 pm

I just wish Bush would have named the day with some sense of memorializing the dead, like maybe Remembrance Day, or something. Instead, he had to come up with something as shallow and jingoistic as Patriot Day. Really, Patriot Day - - instead of solemnly recalling the murders of three thousand people, it makes one think of marching bands strutting down the street, singing at the top of their lungs: "It's a grand old flag, it's a high flying flag!! !!" Had Bush given the day an actually serious name, befitting remembering the murderous attack, people might be more inclined to recall the day.

blauSamstag
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2015, 8:47 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
I just wish Bush would have named the day with some sense of memorializing the dead, like maybe Remembrance Day, or something. Instead, he had to come up with something as shallow and jingoistic as Patriot Day. Really, Patriot Day - - instead of solemnly recalling the murders of three thousand people, it makes one think of marching bands strutting down the street, singing at the top of their lungs: "It's a grand old flag, it's a high flying flag!! ! !" Had Bush given the day an actually serious name, befitting remembering the murderous attack, people might be more inclined to recall the day.

Yeah, and it's become a day when people try to show off how patriotic they are.

It's sickening.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2015, 10:58 pm

Nobody cares anymore, we killed Osama in 2011 vengeance has been made and justice has been served, yet we forget the crimes we have done with Hiroshima and Nagasaki which dwarf 9/11 for us!

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

Rudin
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2015, 6:43 am

I am skeptical if Bin Laden was actually killed. There is no proof.

Also what's this rubbish on the video "Freedom isn't free!"? That is one of the biggest oxymora I've seen in my life.

However what happened on September 11th, 2001 was a tragedy and I wish all the best to the families of the victims.

-Paul Erdos

"There are two types of cryptography in this world: cryptography that will stop your kid sister from looking at your files, and cryptography that will stop major governments from reading your files."

-Bruce Schneider

blauSamstag
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2015, 11:50 am

AspieOtaku wrote:
Nobody cares anymore, we killed Osama in 2011 vengeance has been made and justice has been served, yet we forget the crimes we have done with Hiroshima and Nagasaki which dwarf 9/11 for us!

Dresden was worse than hiroshima or nagasaki.

And we've caused the deaths of more civilians than all 3 of those events in iraq and Afghanistan.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2015, 11:54 am

Rudin wrote:

Also what's this rubbish on the video "Freedom isn't free!"? That is one of the biggest oxymora I've seen in my life.

However what happened on September 11th, 2001 was a tragedy and I wish all the best to the families of the victims.

So... you think Bin Laden is still on the loose? :?

glebel
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2015, 11:57 am

Rudin wrote:

Freedom isn't free. Somebody has to pay the price for freedom even if it isn't you. :roll:

blauSamstag
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2015, 1:49 pm

Rudin wrote:

There is nobody in a position to know who has not said that he is dead.

But i suppose not having seen it with my own eyes that maybe he is alive, and so are elvis and hitler and jimmy hoffa. Also the easter bunny is real.

Rudin
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2015, 5:11 pm

blauSamstag wrote:
Rudin wrote:

There is nobody in a position to know who has not said that he is dead.

But i suppose not having seen it with my own eyes that maybe he is alive, and so are elvis and hitler and jimmy hoffa. Also the easter bunny is real.

Hitler would be over 125 years old by now so it is extremely unlikely that he is dead. All hypotheses cannot be deemed correct until proven true. Even though it is unlikely Hitler is alive, there is no proof.

-Paul Erdos

"There are two types of cryptography in this world: cryptography that will stop your kid sister from looking at your files, and cryptography that will stop major governments from reading your files."

-Bruce Schneider

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2015, 5:37 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Rudin wrote:

So... you think Bin Laden is still on the loose? :?

The movie Zero Dark Thirty, which was released about 18 months after Bin Laden was killed goes through the motions in extreme detail, so if you're skeptical, watch Zero Dark Thirty.

Rudin
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2015, 8:03 pm

glebel wrote:
Rudin wrote:

Freedom isn't free. Somebody has to pay the price for freedom even if it isn't you. :roll:

A group of unfortunate people had to pay the price for freedom. Freedom isn't Netflix or a VPN. People have fought for there freedom and independence, many will fight for their freedom and independence later. However, currently, freedom doesn't cost a damn cent. So I think the more appropriate statement is "Freedom wasn't free, and won't be free soon, but currently is free.".

<Sigh>

-Paul Erdos

-Bruce Schneider