Page 1 of 3 [ 45 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

kamiyu910
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2015, 12:28 pm

I've been seeing people posting about how Islam is the only terrorist group out there. They claim: “Not all Muslims are terrorists, but all terrorists are Muslims.”

But that's a flat out lie, and even after I posted evidence proving it wrong, I got this reply:

Quote:
Generally there is a substantial difference in these attacks. Wackos who do violent things because they claim their religion as a Source and Cause for their violence (Muslims who believe Allah commands the death of the infidel), and wackos who happen to be of another religion. Hindus are left out also. jewish violence was high in the 1940s but not now.

What causes people to deny that Christians can be terrorists as well? Or Jews? Or anyone other than Muslim? It makes no sense to me.

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2015, 1:15 pm

I'm pretty sure most terrorists in groups like the IRA or the Basque ETA aren't Muslims. If they actually profess any religion at all, they're most likely to be Christians, and they come from historically Christian cultural backgrounds.

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.

Humanaut
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2015, 1:32 pm

Muslims top the list when it comes to terror, followed by leftists. We seldom hear of terror attacks conducted by followers of other religions or ideologies, but it happens from time to time.

MonsterCrack
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2015, 4:13 pm

I agree. Just look at the rabid, savage settler violence by orthodox jews in the West Bank, all in the name of their Torah. Look at the violence done by Christian militias in the Central African republic and Uganda, or the violence against the Muslims in Burma.

kamiyu910
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2015, 8:33 pm

As far as the US and Europe are concerned, over 90% of terrorist attacks are not done by Muslims. The majority of Islamic extremists are attacking places in the Middle East. There are also some in Africa. Christian extremists can be found all over, mainly in the US, but also in China, India, and Africa. Even the Buddhists have terrorist cells.

I won't dispute the level of Muslim extremists compared to other terrorists in the world (this site claims over 20,000 attacks since 9/11) but I don't understand the blatant denial by some people that any other type of terrorist exists. Why don't we talk about it?

Some people were rather adamant that Anders Breivik was not Christian, or that he wasn't motivated by his faith, but reading his manifesto, he talks about preserving Christianity, and how he would pray to God for help during his attacks. Others called him a "fundamentalist Christian." We can say "Oh they're not really Christian because they're don't act like it, or they don't believe like I do." But does that make them believe they're any less Christian? I could say a lot of people aren't "real Christians" just based on the way they act, but they sure believe they are.

Maybe because the media makes money off of fear mongering and it's easier to use Muslims to cause the fear rather than have people believe that we have "homegrown" terrorists right here (if you get away from the religious terrorists, you can look at the animal and earth liberation fronts, haha).

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2015, 8:39 pm

Humanaut wrote:
Muslims top the list when it comes to terror, followed by leftists. We seldom hear of terror attacks conducted by followers of other religions or ideologies, but it happens from time to time.

actually, according to the department of homeland security, the US terror threat is highest from right-wing extremists.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2015, 8:39 pm

Humanaut wrote:

Leftists? Whenever domestic terrorism is perpetrated in this country, it's done by idiots associated with either the white power movement, the radical pro-life movement, militias, and related groups, all of whom are creatures of the far right.

Humanaut
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2015, 9:00 pm

Terrorism is a worldwide phenomenon not only limited to the United States. Terrorism in the United States is a mixed bag, while muslims and leftists are responsible for most of the terrorist attacks on a global scale.

blauSamstag
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2015, 9:18 pm

26k+ islamic terror attacks?

extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. Someone needs to make with the citations.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

24 Sep 2015, 9:33 pm

Just because someone is a terrorist and Muslim doesn't mean they're doing it out of religious fervor, likewise for Christians or whoever else. Someone like Eric Rudolph would be considered "Christian terrorist" whereas Timothy McVeigh may been raised Catholic but didn't commit his acts of terrorism for any religious reason. Islam has a real problem right now with violent religious fundamentalists, Christianity and almost any other long established world religion has gone thru stages like that as well. In modern times tho it does seem that, unfortunately, when you hear terrorism it usually means Islamic terrorism.

Humanaut
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2015, 9:35 pm

blauSamstag wrote:
26k+ islamic terror attacks?

I think the number stems from this list, which might be incomplete.

Edenthiel
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2015, 10:00 pm

Zero Christian acts of terrorism?

ter·ror·ism ˈterəˌrizəm/
noun: the use of violence and intimidation in the pursuit of political aims.

"Transgender people should not be protected by law."
"No law should ever in any way validate transgender people."
"Hate speech from the pulpit against transgender people should be practiced and protected."
"All Christians should actively teach and preach against transgender people."
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/johnshore/ ... r-the-bus/

"Pope Francis says trans people destroy creation and compares them to nuclear weapons"
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/danthropol ... IkwyE.dpuf
(note, this argument goes back to PJP2 in his book & was reiterated by Ratzinger to the Curia)

The TMM IDAHOT 2015 update reports a total of 1,731 cases of reported killings of trans and gender-diverse people from January 1st 2008 to December 31st 2014.
http://www.transrespect-transphobia.org ... t-2015.htm

Humanaut
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2015, 10:13 pm

Edenthiel wrote:
1,731 cases of reported killings of trans and gender-diverse people from January 1st 2008 to December 31st 2014.

Are you suggesting that Christian terrorists are behind these killings?

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2015, 10:37 pm

Humanaut wrote:
Edenthiel wrote:
1,731 cases of reported killings of trans and gender-diverse people from January 1st 2008 to December 31st 2014.

Are you suggesting that Christian terrorists are behind these killings?

i'll bet they're behind many of them, just as the christian KKK was behind lynchings last century.

Humanaut
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2015, 11:39 pm

I highly doubt it.

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2015, 11:45 pm

Humanaut wrote:
I highly doubt it.

did you see the sorts of hateful things some christians are saying about trans people? it's a short step from that to violence.