Page 1 of 4 [ 50 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Chakravartin
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

Joined: 28 Sep 2015
Age: 24
Posts: 60
Location: United States

01 Oct 2015, 2:47 pm

Black Lives Matter is racist.

They threatened to cause an incident on 9/11, one of their more vocal leaders brought up a youtube video that was him saying it was open season on killing cops, they are uncivilized because they stole both Bernie and O'Malley's platforms to spout anti-white rhetoric.


_________________
Party Leader of Partido Sin Etiquetas.

Radical Centrist, Minarchist, Socialist, Transhumanist.


Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Jan 2011
Age: 31
Gender: Female
Posts: 32,366
Location: Somewhere in Colorado

01 Oct 2015, 3:01 pm

Can't really say as to whether I believe that or not.....tis always a good idea to post some evidence for claims like this as anyone knows you gotta take anything you read on the internet with a grain of salt. That is not to say there aren't any extremists that might claim to be part of that whole thing but that the entire movement is a supremacist group seems a stretch to me.


_________________
Fascism is a disease.


Lukeda420
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 31 Jul 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,640
Location: Chicago suburbs.

01 Oct 2015, 3:05 pm

Black lives matter is not a single group. It is just a protest cry to call attention to the racism that is prevalent in law enforcement. Yes there are some people who use it as a vehicle for racism it they are outliers but they should not be lumped in with the majority.



Chakravartin
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

Joined: 28 Sep 2015
Age: 24
Posts: 60
Location: United States

01 Oct 2015, 3:12 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
Can't really say as to whether I believe that or not.....tis always a good idea to post some evidence for claims like this as anyone knows you gotta take anything you read on the internet with a grain of salt. That is not to say there aren't any extremists that might claim to be part of that whole thing but that the entire movement is a supremacist group seems a stretch to me.


9/11 Threat

Open Season on Killing Cops

O'Malley's Platform raid

Bernie's Platform raid

Anyone who doesn't think BLM is a bunch of supremacists, look at the name, it doesn't say All Lives Matter, it says BLACK Lives Matter, anyone who joins the group is fully aware of that and are racist.


_________________
Party Leader of Partido Sin Etiquetas.

Radical Centrist, Minarchist, Socialist, Transhumanist.


Lukeda420
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 31 Jul 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,640
Location: Chicago suburbs.

01 Oct 2015, 3:21 pm

You missed the point entirely. I agree it's not the best way to convey their message but what twitter handle ever is? The point is black people are being disproportionately shot, killed, harassed, and incarcerated by law enforcement. The black lives matters tag was created to protest that. Using inefficient messaging does not make them racist. Besides this hashtag started before Bernie Sanders got in the race, they're not co-opting anything they just agree.
Also The Blaze is not a reputable news source.



Chakravartin
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

Joined: 28 Sep 2015
Age: 24
Posts: 60
Location: United States

01 Oct 2015, 3:42 pm

Lukeda420 wrote:
You missed the point entirely. I agree it's not the best way to convey their message but what twitter handle ever is? The point is black people are being disproportionately shot, killed, harassed, and incarcerated by law enforcement. The black lives matters tag was created to protest that. Using inefficient messaging does not make them racist. Besides this hashtag started before Bernie Sanders got in the race, they're not co-opting anything they just agree.
Also The Blaze is not a reputable news source.



They're blaming whites for their problems, it is still racism.

also how about you find out what ethnic group causes the most crime in the US? Statistics aren't racist.


_________________
Party Leader of Partido Sin Etiquetas.

Radical Centrist, Minarchist, Socialist, Transhumanist.


Lukeda420
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 31 Jul 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,640
Location: Chicago suburbs.

01 Oct 2015, 3:47 pm

No they are calling attention to legitimate problems, they are only blaming the perpetrators and the people who let it happen. Also white people commit the most crimes in the U.S. check out the FBI website.

Again black lives matters is not a cohesive group, it is a slogan used by many people who share a specific grievance.



Chakravartin
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

Joined: 28 Sep 2015
Age: 24
Posts: 60
Location: United States

01 Oct 2015, 3:52 pm

Lukeda420 wrote:
No they are calling attention to legitimate problems, they are only blaming the perpetrators and the people who let it happen. Also white people commit the most crimes in the U.S. check out the FBI website.


Despite making up just 13% of the population, blacks commit around half of homicides in the United States. DOJ statistics show that between 1980 and 2008, blacks committed 52% of homicides, compared to 45% of homicides committed by whites.

From 2011 to 2013, 38.5 per cent of people arrested for murder, manslaughter, rape, robbery, and aggravated assault were black. This figure is three times higher than the 13% black population figure. When you account for the fact that black males aged 15-34, who account for around 3% of the population, are responsible for the vast majority of these crimes, the figures are even more staggering.

Despite the fact that black people commit an equal or greater number of violent crimes than whites, whites are almost TWICE as likely to be killed by police officers.

Despite being outnumbered by whites five to one, blacks commit eight times more crimes against whites than vice-versa, according to FBI statistics from 2007. A black male is 40 times as likely to assault a white person as the reverse. These figures also show that interracial rape is almost exclusively black on white.


_________________
Party Leader of Partido Sin Etiquetas.

Radical Centrist, Minarchist, Socialist, Transhumanist.


Lukeda420
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 31 Jul 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,640
Location: Chicago suburbs.

01 Oct 2015, 3:55 pm

Chakravartin wrote:
Lukeda420 wrote:
No they are calling attention to legitimate problems, they are only blaming the perpetrators and the people who let it happen. Also white people commit the most crimes in the U.S. check out the FBI website.


Despite making up just 13% of the population, blacks commit around half of homicides in the United States. DOJ statistics show that between 1980 and 2008, blacks committed 52% of homicides, compared to 45% of homicides committed by whites.

From 2011 to 2013, 38.5 per cent of people arrested for murder, manslaughter, rape, robbery, and aggravated assault were black. This figure is three times higher than the 13% black population figure. When you account for the fact that black males aged 15-34, who account for around 3% of the population, are responsible for the vast majority of these crimes, the figures are even more staggering.

Despite the fact that black people commit an equal or greater number of violent crimes than whites, whites are almost TWICE as likely to be killed by police officers.

Despite being outnumbered by whites five to one, blacks commit eight times more crimes against whites than vice-versa, according to FBI statistics from 2007. A black male is 40 times as likely to assault a white person as the reverse. These figures also show that interracial rape is almost exclusively black on white.


So are you saying these statistics exist solely because the people are black? Why do you think the statistics who what they show?



Chakravartin
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

Joined: 28 Sep 2015
Age: 24
Posts: 60
Location: United States

01 Oct 2015, 4:01 pm

Lukeda420 wrote:
Chakravartin wrote:
Lukeda420 wrote:
No they are calling attention to legitimate problems, they are only blaming the perpetrators and the people who let it happen. Also white people commit the most crimes in the U.S. check out the FBI website.


Despite making up just 13% of the population, blacks commit around half of homicides in the United States. DOJ statistics show that between 1980 and 2008, blacks committed 52% of homicides, compared to 45% of homicides committed by whites.

From 2011 to 2013, 38.5 per cent of people arrested for murder, manslaughter, rape, robbery, and aggravated assault were black. This figure is three times higher than the 13% black population figure. When you account for the fact that black males aged 15-34, who account for around 3% of the population, are responsible for the vast majority of these crimes, the figures are even more staggering.

Despite the fact that black people commit an equal or greater number of violent crimes than whites, whites are almost TWICE as likely to be killed by police officers.

Despite being outnumbered by whites five to one, blacks commit eight times more crimes against whites than vice-versa, according to FBI statistics from 2007. A black male is 40 times as likely to assault a white person as the reverse. These figures also show that interracial rape is almost exclusively black on white.


So are you saying these statistics exist solely because the people are black? Why do you think the statistics who what they show?


They have the propensity to do so due to their higher rate of poverty. Which these Black Lives Matter protesters blame whites for.


_________________
Party Leader of Partido Sin Etiquetas.

Radical Centrist, Minarchist, Socialist, Transhumanist.


Lukeda420
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 31 Jul 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,640
Location: Chicago suburbs.

01 Oct 2015, 4:04 pm

You know there are white people who support black lives matter. I'm one of them. And they're not blaming white people, they're blaming racists and the people who give them a pass. Be offended by the racists not the people complaining about them.



Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Jan 2011
Age: 31
Gender: Female
Posts: 32,366
Location: Somewhere in Colorado

01 Oct 2015, 4:04 pm

Chakravartin wrote:
Lukeda420 wrote:
You missed the point entirely. I agree it's not the best way to convey their message but what twitter handle ever is? The point is black people are being disproportionately shot, killed, harassed, and incarcerated by law enforcement. The black lives matters tag was created to protest that. Using inefficient messaging does not make them racist. Besides this hashtag started before Bernie Sanders got in the race, they're not co-opting anything they just agree.
Also The Blaze is not a reputable news source.



They're blaming whites for their problems, it is still racism.

also how about you find out what ethnic group causes the most crime in the US? Statistics aren't racist.


Its not so simple as blaming whites for their problems....also whites aren't being disportionately targeted by law enforcement that is where the 'black lives matter' thing comes from its not meant to negate that other lives matter to. Its a hashtag....to represent that particular issue its not really even an organization. Of course extremists are going to use that hashtag but the trouble is they are ignorant in its purpose as well since the point isn't to 'target white people' its to address blacks being disportionately targeted by police.

Also statistics aren't racist....but certainly open to interpretation and whilst useful don't usually provide totally concrete data. Is it that blacks commit the most crime.....or that they are persecuted for it more than white people and or convicted more often? For instance situations where a black person and a white person are guilty of the same crime but the black person gets a more severe sentence(not as uncommon as I'd like to think). Statistics don't address things like that. Also to me 'the conservative media says....' isn't very convincing especially when it goes on to confirm it was a few black lives matter activists not the whole movement in its entirety.

As for my personal opinion....I think it is important to address the police brutality/profiling issues, though it should be noted they are not the only group disportionately targeted by law enforcement. Native Americans, Mentally Ill, and Hispanics and Homeless(regardless of race) are also targeted this way.


_________________
Fascism is a disease.


Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Jan 2011
Age: 31
Gender: Female
Posts: 32,366
Location: Somewhere in Colorado

01 Oct 2015, 4:10 pm

Chakravartin wrote:

They have the propensity to do so due to their higher rate of poverty. Which these Black Lives Matter protesters blame whites for.



So wait you claim black lives matter is racist.....yet you 100% buy into that black people are more likely to be criminals, as well as that the poor=more likely to be criminals. Because skin color and/or financial status totally shows what sort of character you might have. Hate to say it but how is that better than a black person saying whites are worse people over all?


_________________
Fascism is a disease.


Chakravartin
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

Joined: 28 Sep 2015
Age: 24
Posts: 60
Location: United States

01 Oct 2015, 4:13 pm

Lukeda420 wrote:
You know there are white people who support black lives matter. I'm one of them. And they're not blaming white people, they're blaming racists and the people who give them a pass. Be offended by the racists not the people complaining about them.



You're supporting it out of white guilt, or what they refer to it.

Those racists, guess what color they are? White, how are white people the only racist ones in this equation? We need to put an end to the double standard.


_________________
Party Leader of Partido Sin Etiquetas.

Radical Centrist, Minarchist, Socialist, Transhumanist.


Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Jan 2011
Age: 31
Gender: Female
Posts: 32,366
Location: Somewhere in Colorado

01 Oct 2015, 4:21 pm

A source for my claim of blacks getting harsher sentences than whites:
http://www.civilrights.org/publications/justice-on-trial/sentencing.html?referrer=https://www.google.com/


_________________
Fascism is a disease.


Chakravartin
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

Joined: 28 Sep 2015
Age: 24
Posts: 60
Location: United States

01 Oct 2015, 4:24 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
Chakravartin wrote:

They have the propensity to do so due to their higher rate of poverty. Which these Black Lives Matter protesters blame whites for.



So wait you claim black lives matter is racist.....yet you 100% buy into that black people are more likely to be criminals, as well as that the poor=more likely to be criminals. Because skin color and/or financial status totally shows what sort of character you might have. Hate to say it but how is that better than a black person saying whites are worse people over all?


Financial status is what it comes down to, the poorer the person, the more desperate the measures will be to get by. Not only this, but the rapper culture embedded in black culture openly encourages this through lyrics about violence, drugs, and sex. That makes the propensity for crime to increase.


_________________
Party Leader of Partido Sin Etiquetas.

Radical Centrist, Minarchist, Socialist, Transhumanist.