Very irritated with people who criticize Abortion

Page 1 of 5 [ 69 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

jkrane
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2015, 10:19 am

I am extremely pro-choice.

I can't stand how stupid anti-abortionists are, and people who criticize organizations like Planned Parenthood. So what if they're selling aborted baby parts? What does it matter? A fetus is not a human with its own thoughts and emotions.

When euthanasia (which I also support) becomes legal, I plan on becoming euthanized, and I am also donating all of my organs to science for research, so people can learn about my condition, and why I felt I needed to die. I am terminally ill, so I qualify.

Do pro-lifers know what happens when an unborn baby is born to a poor or drug addicted teenage mother, who just make a mistake (like many young people do)? Well, what happens to the baby, is that it grows up unloved, abused, neglected, and watches its mother get mistreated, used, and abused by bad men - unwanted children who grew up. The unwanted child then carries this trauma and anger with him throughout his entire life, and expresses that anger by abusing others and repeating the same cycle, and most likely having an unwanted child of their own, who will then repeat the cycle.

Crime dropped in 30 years since abortion was legalized.

Why does our society have such a fear and hatred of something so natural as death. Only the physical body dies - the spirit lives forever. Most ancient cultures understood death a lot better than we do. They didn't have the same hatred and fear of death that we do. It's not a bad thing. It means someone doesn't have to suffer anymore. It means an unwanted child, and a regretful mother don't have to suffer.

ABORTION IS GOOD.
EUTHANASIA IS GOOD.
DEATH IS PEACE.

**I'm also a huge fan incentivized sterilization and abortion as well. OFFER (don't force) drug addicts, welfare collectors, mentally challenged, people who are in the system, or anyone with genetically inferior material, the option to be sterilized. Pay them 10000$. For already pregnant teen moms, offer them 10000$ and a 5000$ shoe and purse and whatever shopping spree, to abort their baby and become sterilized. This will save society so much more in the long run. I don't even think you need to offer these people that much.

Believe me, these people will throw their babies in the trash for less than 500$. We're doing society a favour.

Thoughts?

jkrane
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2015, 10:20 am

...alex jones, while I agree with many of his points, pisses me off every time he rags on planned parenthood.

...rand paul, too...

wilburforce
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2015, 6:02 pm

I'm sorry to hear that you're terminally ill. I can't imagine what that must be like. I think it's cool that you want to donate your body to science though, after you die--I want to be an organ donor when I die, so that others can get use and new life/health from my body after I'm gone. I won't need it any more, but if it can be useful to someone else and improve their life in some way then that seems like the right thing to do. I am also pro-choice and pro-compassionate-euthanasia; I think what people choose do with their own lives and their own bodies is their own business. I don't live in the states so I don't have to worry about the attacks on Planned Parenthood that are all over the news, thankfully. I don't think the legalisation of abortions will ever be reversed here in Canada and I take comfort in that.

Neotenous Nordic
Toucan
Toucan

31 Oct 2015, 6:43 pm

My opinion is simply this: don't force upon someone else something you wouldn't do to yourself.

seaweed
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2015, 11:10 pm

I think economically incentivizing abortion is as problematic as religiously/morally incentivizing adoption and parenthood. I think the way to go ideally would be economically neutralizing it. even with financial aid an abortion can still cost a good sum of money, and for people living paycheck to paycheck, or in situations like drug fix to drug fix, throwing down even 300 dollars on an abortion rather than rent or heroin can be or seem too difficult in the short term to consider the long term.

Barchan
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2015, 3:12 am

Rethuglicans are opposed to anything that gives women agency over their own bodies.

There's nothing wrong with early-term abortion. Before the brain has even begun to develop, an embryo can't be considered "alive" in any meaningful sense. It's an emotionless, mindless, soulless cluster of cells. Even a blade of grass has a more credible claim to life than a zygote or embryo.

jkrane
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2015, 4:02 am

seaweed wrote:
I think economically incentivizing abortion is as problematic as religiously/morally incentivizing adoption and parenthood. I think the way to go ideally would be economically neutralizing it. even with financial aid an abortion can still cost a good sum of money, and for people living paycheck to paycheck, or in situations like drug fix to drug fix, throwing down even 300 dollars on an abortion rather than rent or heroin can be or seem too difficult in the short term to consider the long term.

You seem to miss the point. The abortion is free. Incentivized abortion means YOU ARE PAID to have an abortion. You are paid 10000$ + a 5000$ shopping spree to abort that useless piece of flesh in your womb. You can pay the rent, and buy enough heroin to kill an elephant, and buy the latest designer shoes named after the latest trendy, emaciated gay middle aged man riding a pony.

Neotenous Nordic
Toucan
Toucan

01 Nov 2015, 7:35 am

jkrane wrote:
seaweed wrote:

You seem to miss the point. The abortion is free. Incentivized abortion means YOU ARE PAID to have an abortion. You are paid 10000$ + a 5000$ shopping spree to abort that useless piece of flesh in your womb. You can pay the rent, and buy enough heroin to kill an elephant, and buy the latest designer shoes named after the latest trendy, emaciated gay middle aged man riding a pony.

Where does the money come from when you kill all the taxpayers though? You must realize this can't work for long before the economy collapses.

It's pretty revolting how you talk about "useless flesh in the womb" too. How much do you contribute to society? Most of us are on welfare, myself included, and are therefore in no position to deem a potential productive member of society to be "useless" not being able to know anything about how that person will turn out.

It's pretty mind blowing to see all the misanthropy going on here. Hope you all measure yourself by the same standards though, but you probably don't.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2015, 10:30 am

I tend to agree with the line of thought that wide-spread abortion is a terrible HR move.

Then again I can't say I'm in favor of putting particular sanctions on abortion, mainly because it's chasing a symptom of what's really a cultural problem.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

glebel
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2015, 10:56 am

The whole concept of abortion is repugnant. How is it okay to murder innocents, but you can't execute murderers and rapists? You 'pro-choice' people can't seem to come up with a logical basis for your position.
You claim that abortion is part of a woman's reproductive rights, but no responsible person is advocating denying access to contraceptives. Your point about people who would make poor parents having children is invalid. The financial cost of contraceptives is much lower, access to contraceptives is much easier, and there is no emotional burden entailed. Abortion is nothing but genocide. Over 40 million innocents have been slaughtered since Roe v. Wade was instituted.
Abortion is being pushed to desensitize people to euthanasia, and it has succeeded. Once upon a time, there was a guy who pushed these kind of things. His name was Adolf Hitler, and his little project was called Aktion t4. You may want to die, but there are many people who don't.

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2015, 5:42 pm

* edit see bellow*

Last edited by 0_equals_true on 01 Nov 2015, 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2015, 5:48 pm

glebel wrote:
The whole concept of abortion is repugnant. How is it okay to murder innocents, but you can't execute murderers and rapists?

There have been several major miscarriages of justice in the past couple of years sometimes involving people on death row, which I would consider a national embarrassment. These are the innocents that could get murdered.

You have a case of a British national in Florida, where a police whistle blower and high profile former member of the Medellin cartel admitted it was a fit-up, and it is very difficult to get the court to look review the case.

There is an ongoing case two unrelated people effectively convicted of the same crime (in two trials), the 1992 murder of a British tourist in New Orleans. Even the police say it is a farce.

If you work on the logic that one innocent murdered is enough, then the death penalty position becomes untenable.

Maybe the problem is there are many homicides, it is easy to get lost in the system.

Even if you advocated for the death penalty the quality of justice no where near high enough to actually implement it. The states that take more care, they execute so infrequently it is not worth doing it at all. It is also massively expensive (more so than life imprisonment in practice), and if savings could be made that only increases the chance of an innocent being executed by the state.

I have said this before and I will say it again: Polularist justice doesn't make for quality justice. Due process and legal principles has been developed from centuries of mistakes. It is very easy for people to advocate for gung ho popularist approaches to crime and punishment, but these are mostly a step back.

Most of the complaints leveled against the police being out of control, is actually a direct these sorts of attitudes toward justice. So the public also need to take some of the responsibly, there is an element of "own goal".

Last edited by 0_equals_true on 01 Nov 2015, 6:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

KagamineLen
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2015, 5:53 pm

I used to be extremely anti-abortion.

Until my younger sister had one when I was 15.

She was a victim of child rape. Just as I was, only I did not have to worry about getting pregnant because I was born a male.

It was not an issue of convenience. It was not a way for her to sidestep irresponsible actions. And she is going to have to live with that for the rest of her life.

The fact is that abortion really is not that pleasant of an experience for most of the women who have one. My sister almost died from complications after the procedure, and keep in mind, she really was in no place to be dealing with decisions like that to begin with, being raped at 13 and all.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2015, 5:54 pm

glebel wrote:
The whole concept of abortion is repugnant. How is it okay to murder innocents, but you can't execute murderers and rapists? You 'pro-choice' people can't seem to come up with a logical basis for your position.
You claim that abortion is part of a woman's reproductive rights, but no responsible person is advocating denying access to contraceptives. Your point about people who would make poor parents having children is invalid. The financial cost of contraceptives is much lower, access to contraceptives is much easier, and there is no emotional burden entailed. Abortion is nothing but genocide. Over 40 million innocents have been slaughtered since Roe v. Wade was instituted.
Abortion is being pushed to desensitize people to euthanasia, and it has succeeded. Once upon a time, there was a guy who pushed these kind of things. His name was Adolf Hitler, and his little project was called Aktion t4. You may want to die, but there are many people who don't.

I agree with everything that's mentioned in this message. I have a disability and I'm happy to be alive. I feel that Hitler has left a horrible legacy behind. I wish that Hitler was never in power.

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2015, 6:15 pm

6 - 8-week fetuses (when most abortions happen) are akin to a fish. aborting them is not the same as killing a baby or an adult human.

wilburforce
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2015, 6:46 pm

KagamineLen wrote:
I used to be extremely anti-abortion.

Until my younger sister had one when I was 15.

She was a victim of child rape. Just as I was, only I did not have to worry about getting pregnant because I was born a male.

It was not an issue of convenience. It was not a way for her to sidestep irresponsible actions. And she is going to have to live with that for the rest of her life.

The fact is that abortion really is not that pleasant of an experience for most of the women who have one. My sister almost died from complications after the procedure, and keep in mind, she really was in no place to be dealing with decisions like that to begin with, being raped at 13 and all.

Actually recent studies have shown the opposite--the majority of women who have had abortions feel like it was the right thing to do and have no regret or bad feelings about it.