I'm going to stop posting in PPR for the time being

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2015, 10:26 am

The reason is that because I'm too much of a gentle, sensitive soul to be posting in this sub forum. If I feel strongly about something I go overboard in letting everybody know. If I feel that someone is insulting my intelligence, I become sensitive and defensive. It's not usually of my sweet nature to act that way. If I feel that I've hurt someone, than I feel guilty because I went against my Sweet Pea code. Nobody's really to blame except for maybe one person. I feel the need to apologize to everyone who's been on the receiving end of my high sensitivity and to everyone in general. I apologize and I won't be posting here for a while because I really don't like going against my gentle nature of the soft, little green Sweet Pea.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2015, 10:58 am

Whatever you feel comfortable with. It's your right as a human being.

Catlover5
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2015, 11:00 am

Good idea.

Mikah
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2015, 11:45 am

This seems like a good place to remind people of how to debate seriously. This isn't directed at you really CockneyRebel, from what I saw you were responding to others already breaking these rules. I don't consider myself the paragon of a debater either, I break these rules sometimes too.

1. Attack the argument not the person. It's a compulsion we must all keep in check.

2. Assume your opponent is saying what they are really saying, thinking what they claim to think and not concealing a hidden agenda until proven otherwise. Breaking rule 2 often leads to breaking rule 1.

subrule: If someone calls you out for or you find yourself breaking rule 1 and 2, apologise.

3. If you make a statement you must be prepared to explain why you believe it to be true.

4. Remember that the whole point of debating is to have your views challenged, to have your opinions analysed by a fresh pair of eyes. There is little point in debating unless you are truly willing to change your views.

5. There is no shame in changing your views and if you do, say so.

SoMissunderstood
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

10 Nov 2015, 1:29 am

Sometimes it's best just to take a break, before the universe decides to impose one upon you.

I don't think I am going to mind posting here so much, because anything has to be better than the place I just came from.

I don't have a 'sweet pea nature', but I do have my 'sanity' which I feel gets undermined a lot of the time.

I hope things turn out well for you, whatever you decide to do.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2015, 12:35 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
The reason is that because I'm too much of a gentle, sensitive soul to be posting in this sub forum. If I feel strongly about something I go overboard in letting everybody know. If I feel that someone is insulting my intelligence, I become sensitive and defensive. It's not usually of my sweet nature to act that way. If I feel that I've hurt someone, than I feel guilty because I went against my Sweet Pea code. Nobody's really to blame except for maybe one person. I feel the need to apologize to everyone who's been on the receiving end of my high sensitivity and to everyone in general. I apologize and I won't be posting here for a while because I really don't like going against my gentle nature of the soft, little green Sweet Pea.

If you visit the PPR you just gotta have your dukes up! And even then you gotta pick your fights.

You have a higher post count than anyone else on WP (the World's Record holder), but I have never even seen you in the PPR that I can recall before that recent time you jumped into that thread about abortion. The one time you pick to participate in the PPR you choose one of the most hot button polarizing issues to do it with. Not surprised that you got bruised. I am a PPR regular and I purposely avoided that thread partially for the reason that the topic is just too hot for my taste.

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2015, 3:21 pm

Mikah wrote:
This seems like a good place to remind people of how to debate seriously. This isn't directed at you really CockneyRebel, from what I saw you were responding to others already breaking these rules. I don't consider myself the paragon of a debater either, I break these rules sometimes too.

1. Attack the argument not the person. It's a compulsion we must all keep in check.

2. Assume your opponent is saying what they are really saying, thinking what they claim to think and not concealing a hidden agenda until proven otherwise. Breaking rule 2 often leads to breaking rule 1.

subrule: If someone calls you out for or you find yourself breaking rule 1 and 2, apologise.

3. If you make a statement you must be prepared to explain why you believe it to be true.

4. Remember that the whole point of debating is to have your views challenged, to have your opinions analysed by a fresh pair of eyes. There is little point in debating unless you are truly willing to change your views.

5. There is no shame in changing your views and if you do, say so.

Also, before we post, we should think if what we say is how we would talk to the person if they were sitting in front of us.

(not implying anyone did anything wrong)

SoMissunderstood
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

11 Nov 2015, 7:10 pm

I refuse to discuss anything I have a strong, biased opinion about....gun control...gay marriage...refugees...euthanasia...death penalty...etc etc

slave
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2015, 9:37 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:

You are a lovely person, CR.
You are wise to look after yourself in this way.
Take care. :D