Page 1 of 9 [ 129 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2015, 2:04 pm

Washington Post

Quote:
Republican presidential contender Donald Trump has been criticised for mocking a disabled New York Times reporter.
Mr Trump performed an impression of Serge Kovaleski, who suffers from a congenital joint condition, at a rally.
He has used a 2001 article by Mr Kovaleski to back up widely disputed claims that "thousands" of Muslims in New Jersey celebrated the 9/11 attacks.
The New York Times called Mr Trump's actions "outrageous".

Hyperborean
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2015, 2:30 pm

I'm sure he'll make a fine President. Just what America needs.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2015, 2:34 pm

I'm sure that he'd make a fine Führer ...

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Hyperborean
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2015, 2:39 pm

I'm not sure the Nazi Party would accept him.

Nebogipfel
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2015, 2:44 pm

If you watch the clip, it's pretty minor stuff.

I don't think he wants to be President, anyways.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2015, 2:45 pm

Hyperborean wrote:

He wants to prevent a specific ethnic group from entering this country.
He wants to outlaw a specific religious group.
He wants to round up those that are here and place the in internment camps.
He considers disabled people to be sources of amusement.
He considers women to be wives or prostitutes, only.

He may as well have the word "Fascist" tattooed across his forehead.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2015, 2:51 pm

The Nazi German PR position was that the commander lives for the country, whereas Trump is quite expediently being done in by his own wealth.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2015, 2:51 pm

PR is propaganda.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2015, 2:52 pm

Yes although so is Trump's checkbook. Edit: not that I would rule out the guy being a synthetic stimulant junkie.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2015, 3:01 pm

Fnord wrote:
Hyperborean wrote:

He wants to prevent a specific ethnic group from entering this country.
He wants to outlaw a specific religious group.
He wants to round up those that are here and place the in internment camps.
He considers disabled people to be sources of amusement.
He considers women to be wives or prostitutes, only.

He may as well have the word "Fascist" tattooed across his forehead.

If fascism is indeed one & the same with psychopathy... What I don't understand is how such an infamously shrewd businessman sees himself as a conqueror, he's a merchant! What GDP-relevant exports do we have?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2015, 3:03 pm

"IF"?

:lol:

shlaifu
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2015, 4:29 pm

cberg wrote:
.. What I don't understand is how such an infamously shrewd businessman sees himself as a conqueror, he's a merchant! What GDP-relevant exports do we have?

I think that might be a great description of the problem inherent in capitalism today: merchants starting to believe they're conquerors or 'creators', after we treated them as such.

I think the mass of the GOP has given up the idea of defeating hillary by now, and everyone's just having a laugh.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2015, 6:11 pm

Fnord wrote:
"IF"?

:lol:

Where...
I've dealt with them before, I know what I'm looking at but that just keeps making me think we need an intermediary classification, between white collar psychopathy & fascism.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2015, 6:15 pm

shlaifu wrote:
cberg wrote:
.. What I don't understand is how such an infamously shrewd businessman sees himself as a conqueror, he's a merchant! What GDP-relevant exports do we have?

I think that might be a great description of the problem inherent in capitalism today: merchants starting to believe they're conquerors or 'creators', after we treated them as such.

I think the mass of the GOP has given up the idea of defeating hillary by now, and everyone's just having a laugh.

Hillary would make a better Republican than that tacky realtor anyway...

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2015, 10:33 pm

Is there anyone Trump hasn't offended?

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2015, 12:35 am

Trump accused the reporter of "using his disability to grandstand."

I have roughly "passed" for neurotypical all my life. I was never screened as a child and, indeed, my sort of autism hadn't been observed widely as yet. All the trials and tribulations (and grand adventures) happened along the way, but around 56 years of age had secured employment and actually had insurance I got diagnosed. Not having a subtle bone in my body I made that DX known, thinking "hey, I was glad to know, to understand myself, wouldn't they?"

Well, to make a long story short, no, they wouldn't. I was a corporate liability immediately. People tip-toed around me, gave me the side eye, and even openly giggled together while doing so. I kept on doing what I always did in the job, and was excellent at my work, but I really wanted the desk that was in the further corner, out of the flicker of the overhead fluorescents and asked for it. As a reasonable accommodation. No one could change desks, some sort of economy feature at the company, but I just asked for it, and I had a doctor's DX and RX.

But the words I started this post with were uttered verbatim what one of my managers said about me. however from my having been able to "pass" for all those years, I have seen others with disabilities flail about with bitterness, or react with threats of retaliation at having their rights questioned, like this I could only take that time to breathe, breathe, breathe and not be baited into reacting like ANY OTHER HUMAN WOULD.

I know millions of people that have been bullied all their lives are listening. I watch what unfolds with interest.

Merle