Page 1 of 4 [ 63 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2015, 4:12 pm

This is what some Muslims say about Islam. I read it recently in a story about ISIS in Syria and their public punishments of individuals in accordance with strict Sharia Law. I started thinking about what that really means and it struck me as really sad because The Prophet is human while Allah is supernatural and unseen yet ALLAH shows mercy while the human does not.

Just sad.

It really does make you think.

lunarious87
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

26 Nov 2015, 4:51 pm

Hello Ana. ISIS are not religious. They are terrorists.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2015, 4:54 pm

lunarious87 wrote:
Hello Ana. ISIS are not religious. They are terrorists.
According to ISIS leadership, they are the only true Muslims in the world. Of course, every other Muslim sect says the same thing. They can't all be right.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

lunarious87

26 Nov 2015, 4:57 pm

Yes. The Prophet says my nation will split into 73 groupings and only one will enter heaven. I believe good (skilled) ones will.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2015, 5:17 pm

Belief is not proof.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

lunarious87

26 Nov 2015, 5:24 pm

Richard Dawkins says Faith is withot proof. But faith can cooexist with belief.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2015, 5:27 pm

"A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything." -- Friedrich Nietzsche

"Faith proves nothing" -- Me.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2015, 10:00 pm

I was thinking of it as a sad statement about humanity. Something that may or may not exist is capable of mercy yet something in human form, such as a prophet, is not. Thus if you insult the human, in this case, prophet, you get no mercy, but if you insult Allah, the humans will not completely destroy you.

lunarious87

26 Nov 2015, 10:47 pm

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
I was thinking of it as a sad statement about humanity. Something that may or may not exist is capable of mercy yet something in human form, such as a prophet, is not. Thus if you insult the human, in this case, prophet, you get no mercy, but if you insult Allah, the humans will not completely destroy you.

Ah now i see. This because the prophet has a limit and God is infinite.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2015, 11:49 pm

"The Prophet" was a profit-seeking merchant who married for money and influence when he wasn't seducing the Saracens into submission to him under the guise of religious "enlightenment".

Then there is the matter of his eight-year old wife ... :roll:

lunarious87

27 Nov 2015, 12:30 am

In Iraq we say, Allah youmhil wa la youhmil. It means he respites and does not forget. Submission is not a matter of personal preference primarily, it is a command. Either you accept it or your dont, but still will suffer the consequences. Allahs mercy encompasses the heavens and earth, but his vengance and pain is great.

Apropos pain, i once wrote a tribute to pain. WHen I was newly diagnosed Asperger. I cant find it now, but I called Pain for Allah or Master. I said something like "Mater, pain, you are the lord of the universe. Everything happens by your command. Who can resist you? You are the greatest force in the universe ... And i dont remember."

peace

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2015, 12:48 am

lunarious87 wrote:
ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:

Ah now i see. This because the prophet has a limit and God is infinite.

How is it possible for the infinite to show mercy?

lunarious87

27 Nov 2015, 1:05 am

darkness and suffering like in hell and prison is mercy. You get to become a better person. For example, humans natural state are in couples, if you would be imprisoned for being lonely you would overpowered by Allah (solidtude) and you cant win because he is infinite, then you would learn to get married. But your still inexperienced, so you dont kmow if you will never get married. NTs are unjust when they says that Aspies are asexual and that they kmow some who dont have sex.

Allah says some will burn in the first life, but not the second. And others dont burn at all. It is unfair to experience sufferimg all ones life. And although jesses suffered for humans, it can be argued he didnt die at the cross. But it is a quite symphatetic thought.
s
suffere

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2015, 11:26 am

lunarious87 wrote:
darkness and suffering like in hell and prison is mercy. You get to become a better person. For example, humans natural state are in couples, if you would be imprisoned for being lonely you would overpowered by Allah (solidtude) and you cant win because he is infinite, then you would learn to get married. But your still inexperienced, so you dont kmow if you will never get married. NTs are unjust when they says that Aspies are asexual and that they kmow some who dont have sex.

Allah says some will burn in the first life, but not the second. And others dont burn at all. It is unfair to experience sufferimg all ones life. And although jesses suffered for humans, it can be argued he didnt die at the cross. But it is a quite symphatetic thought.
s
suffere

Shouldn't humans strive to be more merciful or is mercy seen as weakness?

lunarious87

27 Nov 2015, 11:48 am

No. Mercy in fact is very easy. You shouldnt strive to it. It comes naturally. Dalai Lama says when you experience emptiness then compassion arises. And emptiness is your Buddhanature. Your nature. But we are removed from our nature becaues Allah wants us to fight eachother. He says in the Quran that he sent down adam and eve and everyone to earth from heaven (we were in heaven before) and there they should be enemies to eacother until the final day when there will be no longer enimity.

I am very glad you understand me. Because I really want to help as a warrior.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2015, 12:11 pm

lunarious87 wrote:
No. Mercy in fact is very easy. You shouldnt strive to it. It comes naturally. Dalai Lama says when you experience emptiness then compassion arises. And emptiness is your Buddhanature. Your nature. But we are removed from our nature becaues Allah wants us to fight eachother. He says in the Quran that he sent down adam and eve and everyone to earth from heaven (we were in heaven before) and there they should be enemies to eacother until the final day when there will be no longer enimity.

I am very glad you understand me. Because I really want to help as a warrior.

This is why I do not rely on any religious texts for my spirituality because I disagree with "Allah" wanting people to fight each other. What you are saying here is on the final day before everything's destroyed, humans will get along in their fear and misery of afore knowledge of emminent destruction and then it all goes away. It's a lot like what Christians believe about the book of Revelations and the Quran sounds like a classic Apocalyptic text which should be read with skepticism since it was written by those experiencing a crisis and may not be the most rational of texts.