Why are people okay with blue eyed people but not gay people

Page 4 of 5 [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2017, 12:31 pm

Before Westboro Baptist became so notorious, they said they were afraid.

Their children were reportedly chased through a public park, before they became so notorious.

I don't feel that it's an effective form of dialog, to mock and shame someone for being phobic.

One of their tactics is to say all people have hidden desires, so no means yes.

It is also a form of rape, to make people accessories, against their freewill.

I think that mannish women and effeminate men exist, without same sex attractions. And, that passably straight people still do this stuff. There is no reason to sexualize or 'queer-up' a family venue, for social recognition.

In fact, some social clicks and minority groups intentionally try to stay hidden, or, at least, not attract unwanted attention, whereas some gays have said to wear the word out, until it has no meaning.

I think, there are different ways of handling it.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2017, 5:27 pm

friedmacguffins wrote:

Their children were reportedly chased through a public park, before they became so notorious.

I don't feel that it's an effective form of dialog, to mock and shame someone for being phobic.

One of their tactics is to say all people have hidden desires, so no means yes.

It is also a form of rape, to make people accessories, against their freewill.

I think that mannish women and effeminate men exist, without same sex attractions. And, that passably straight people still do this stuff. There is no reason to sexualize or 'queer-up' a family venue, for social recognition.

In fact, some social clicks and minority groups intentionally try to stay hidden, or, at least, not attract unwanted attention, whereas some gays have said to wear the word out, until it has no meaning.

I think, there are different ways of handling it.

Even if the story the Westboro Baptists tell is true, that hardly means all gays - or even most - fit into that category.
If a minority wants to stay hidden, then that's their right. If they want to be out and proud, then that, too, is their right. Just because someone isn't part of the majority doesn't mean he or she has to accept second class citizenship.

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2017, 11:25 am

friedmacguffins wrote:

Kraichgauer wrote:
Even if the story the Westboro Baptists tell is true, that hardly means all gays - or even most - fit into that category.

You're being diplomatic.

But, if most gay people aren't like that, how does a paraphilia become a social movement.

If we want to be hypothetical, and abstract, and nonjudgmental, it's still a sex act.

If that's reasonable, there could be different communities for each physical position, demanding public recognition, as it's own separate lifestyle choice.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2017, 4:30 pm

friedmacguffins wrote:
friedmacguffins wrote:

Kraichgauer wrote:

You're being diplomatic.

But, if most gay people aren't like that, how does a paraphilia become a social movement.

If we want to be hypothetical, and abstract, and nonjudgmental, it's still a sex act.

If that's reasonable, there could be different communities for each physical position, demanding public recognition, as it's own separate lifestyle choice.

Paraphilia? Wut dat?

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2017, 11:27 am

dictionary.com

I'm tired of carrying the conversation.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2017, 1:36 pm

friedmacguffins wrote:
dictionary.com

I'm tired of carrying the conversation.

Suit yourself.

Spenser777
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

07 Jan 2020, 2:56 am

Hahh, it is not true

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2020, 9:53 am

NewTime wrote:
Blue eyed people like gay people are a minority. Most people have brown eyes. Yet, are lots of people against blue eyed people? Do blue eyed people get harassed for having blue eyes? The answer is no. So why are gay people different?
Wasn't it Gore Vidal who said"gay vs. straight is as natural as green eyes vs. blue eyes.