Page 3 of 3 [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Edenthiel
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2015, 11:02 pm

Noctua wrote:
Ok first of all I have to admit that I found the op's post, while being a bit incoherent, almost hilarious. (no offense)
Much of it sounded like a joke that would start with "An Atheist goes into a church..."

Ooooh! I've got one (cobbled together from bits of others, really):

An atheist walks into a church...
He looks around and says, "Oh, sorry. I was looking for a non-prophet organization".

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2015, 1:39 am

Noctua wrote:
Ok first of all I have to admit that I found the op's post, while being a bit incoherent, almost hilarious. (no offense)
I know it was a bit incoherent, I kept adding paragraphs in the middle but that caused me to get them out of order. At least one of the sentences has words missing from the middle of to re-editing.

VIDEODROME
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2015, 3:59 am

SpaceAgeBushRanger wrote:
I avoid churches as a matter of principle. I wouldn't bother with Catholic services either. They're probably comparatively serene compared to manic pentecostalists, but serene can also mean boring. They also do this creepy thing where their priest insists that he can turn bread and wine into Jesus, and no, that is not a metaphor.

It's strange, this is from the Last Supper. I wonder if this was originally an Oral Tradition passing down the story, then it became a literal recreation of the story.

The Last Supper was probably intended to be a one time deal, not repeated.

Kyle Katarn
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2015, 11:25 am

AspE wrote:
Stand up and be a proud atheist! No one ever asked me to go to a church. I respect people, but not their nonsense ideas about a wizard in the sky that made everything.

Word!
I also find churches creepy.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2015, 11:56 am

I always had this reaction.lol sorry I couldn't get the video to embed.
http://youtu.be/LO3KlIShoHo

the26thangel
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

22 Dec 2015, 11:12 pm

I wouldn't say they scare me, but the hypocrisy is annoying as all hades! But then, that's why I have spent more time reading the bible at home and getting to know God through the bible and through nature as opposed to the minimal time I have spent in churches. However, the older I get, the more I wish I had looked past the hypocrites and ignored them like we ignore jerks in public daily....and I wish I had just searched out the truly good people that I wasn't seeing past the ridiculous few. Sometimes, the jerks are in the clergy as well. Maybe I'll be a little imp and go to church again soon, and be a thorn in the jerks' sides, hehe. :D