Page 1 of 2 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

MonsterCrack
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2015, 4:29 pm

I am Muslim, and did sorcery on a kid on my bus, and my brother..... Keep in mind Muslims believe in this stuff.... I purposefully gave both of them a malevolent stare (evil eye) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evil_eye
and i blew on a knot and told demons to possess my brother and the kid and to make them sick... this is one of THE worst things you can do in Islam, and traditionally it is punishable by death (but since I live in the US I won't get killed, obviously)... even if you don't believe in magic, i think it's the intention that counts... i feel so guilty, and need to get this off my chest....

DailyPoutine1
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2015, 5:13 pm

To retrieve yourself using the evil eye you must channel benedictions at people instead of maledictions. Focus good emotions instead of hatred and anger.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2015, 5:29 pm

can you more or less undo it? I would think maybe there is some kind of counter thing you could do.

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2015, 6:08 pm

I think this is the same as your imaginary friend and girlfriends. This is just you way of dealing with you emotions. It is your fantasy life.

If you really wanted to cause serious harm, then you can't lecture on morality. However I doubt this the case.

However it is asking the question that is interesting. You are asking a question where you have given yourself no room for maneuver. So you take absolution from the responses you could believe anything if it suited you.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2015, 7:52 pm

0_equals_true wrote:
... It is your fantasy life ...
^THIS^

Magic is a fantasy, and believing in it does not make it real.

No harm was done, so there is nothing to be ashamed of.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

shlaifu
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2015, 7:58 pm

You would have thought twice about this, if you were in a country, in which this was punishable by death. But happily, you are in the US, where you are not punished, because magic doesn't work here.
Your intentions were bad, but you are aware of that. Work on your intentions, on your vengefullness. And be happy that you're in a country, where the laws of nature govern, not those of any god.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2015, 8:08 pm

A few points of good news:

1) everyone does stupid things as kids, experimentally or otherwise.

2) religions of the world make it sound as if you could do one thing or another, indirectly and instantly with no training at all, that would cause you to either cause severe physical harm to a person (ie. evil eye) or be instantly transported into a false-rapture of demonic seduction (ie. for Christians if they should ever try anything eastern, new age, etc.). A person whimsically trying either of those out to determine whether it'll spice up their lives or at least their afternoon will be either considerably disappointed if they hoped for something to happen or equally unaffected if they had expected nothing to happen. That's because, unless some people around you are going to be the cause of bad events, nothing is going to happen.

Think of it this way - if our world was really that unstable no one would read JK Rowling because she'd have nothing to write about. That and - be glad you're in a country like the US where you can BS-test things rather than the human element bringing the whole result.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2015, 8:45 pm

If people don't believe they were given the evil eye, the evil eye would have no effect.

One time, this girl thought she was putting a spell on me in order to keep me with her. She cut off a little of my hair, then she claimed she placed it in a magic potion.

Nothing happened--because I didn't believe in the power of her sorcery.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2015, 11:07 pm

You have mentioned the guy on the bus before. You say that he bullies handicapped kids on the bus. Dont blame you for hating him.

Wish that there were some positive proactive thing you could do about it.

Maybe make some kind of official complaint about him.

Putting the whammy on him isnt going to do anything to him, nor anything bad to you either. Its just a waste of time and mental energy.

ZenDen
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2015, 7:35 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
If people don't believe they were given the evil eye, the evil eye would have no effect.

One time, this girl thought she was putting a spell on me in order to keep me with her. She cut off a little of my hair, then she claimed she placed it in a magic potion.

But actually there are psychological methods to manipulate people, which rise a little above the level of "the evil eye" but using that as a trigger would be amusing. :)

DailyPoutine1
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2015, 7:42 pm

ZenDen wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

But actually there are psychological methods to manipulate people, which rise a little above the level of "the evil eye" but using that as a trigger would be amusing. :)

I know that the evil eye works on dogs and other animals, but I'd never do it as it can be traumatical to the animal.

shlaifu
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2015, 9:03 pm

DailyPoutine1 wrote:
I know that the evil eye works on dogs and other animals, but I'd never do it as it can be traumatical to the animal.

You're mistaking scaring a social animal by acting weird with magic. They'll remember you staring at them and think "oh, that kid probably has asperger's, I'll better stay away/ be scared/ be aggressive"
So for the sake of aspie-dog relations, please don't.

Try the same thing on a cat, cat won't care.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2015, 10:28 pm

MonsterCrack

One possible side-suggestion; if you're practicing a faith and rather than helping you optimize, strengthen, and grow from your subjective life into your objective life it's just giving you a laundry-list of what's haram or what's classed a mortal sin - it may be time to find something more productive.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

Barchan
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2015, 4:38 am

shlaifu wrote:
You're mistaking scaring a social animal by acting weird with magic. They'll remember you staring at them and think "oh, that kid probably has asperger's

How does a dog know what asperger's is?

izzeme
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2015, 3:58 am

Sorcery and witchcraft only work if both the user and the target know it is being performed and when both (or all) involved believe that it will actually work, which turns it into a self-fulfilling prophecy: there is no real magic involved there.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2015, 4:39 am

naturalplastic wrote:
You have mentioned the guy on the bus before. You say that he bullies handicapped kids on the bus. Dont blame you for hating him.

Wish that there were some positive proactive thing you could do about it.

Maybe make some kind of official complaint about him.

Putting the whammy on him isnt going to do anything to him, nor anything bad to you either. Its just a waste of time and mental energy.

A guy like that deserves to have a curse put on him - and I say that as someone who doesn't believe in magic!