What if Obama really forged his birth Birth Certificate?

Page 3 of 6 [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

BaalChatzaf
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2015, 9:34 pm

What if my grandmother had testicles? Would she be my grandfather?

This issue has been settled for nearly 8 years. Obama is one of us. Live with it.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

16 Dec 2015, 11:28 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
How are they going to prosecute executives in the companies they are bailing out? Convictions happen based on mostly or solely on circumstantial evidence everyday. They did not really want to prosecute. You could of gotten gotten of jurors that want to convict these executives.

The economy is running on stretched out credit, tax loopholes, and accounting tricks anything but fundamentally sound.

But you are 30 so you probably do not remember an economy where a job was available to most who wanted one, and most of the jobs you did not have to worry about bieng laid off once you got a few years in with a company and did not have to worry about retirement or benefits for the most part. So the 2015 economy probably does seem good to you.

they did it in Iceland, they've put 26 bankers in prison so far for the economic meltdown

they're all free, fat, and rich here

blauSamstag
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2015, 12:35 am

Raptor wrote:
blauSamstag wrote:
Raptor wrote:
I would have let GM fall on it's ass just as a terrifying warning to other big companies to be careful. Painful is it would be in terms of lost jobs, the alternative that was exercised sends the wrong message.

Two points to make about this.

1: When GM got bailed out we had recently experimented with letting an important business entity fall on it's ass in hopes that it would serve as a lesson to others. That was Lehman Brothers.

The federal government made a point of not bailing it out. They thought it would scare some responsibility into others.

That experiment failed miserably. It precipitated the collapse of a large number of houses of cards.

2: We turned a profit on bailing out GM. Every dollar was paid back in full with interest.

Frankly, allowing GM to continue to manufacture and sell the Chevy Cruze is far more upsetting than their bailout. 0/10 would not drive again. What a miserable car.

If you want to b***h about a bailout, go look at AIG. When our own banks were getting 25 cents on the dollar through their insurance, AIG convinced our government to help them pay the foreign banks they insured - including Societe General and Credit Suisse, and others, at a full 100 cents on the dollar. And to my knowledge we didn't get that money back.

My position on the role of government remains unchanged. If our refusal to bail out corporations that don't know how to manage themselves brings about economic collapse, wars, fire and brimstone coming down from the skies, rivers and seas boiling, forty years of darkness, earthquakes, volcanoes, the dead rising from the grave, human sacrifice, and even dogs and cats living together then so be it. If we're in that precarious of a situation then all the above are bound to happen sooner or later so let it happen now, get over it, and rebuild from the ashes.

And as an arm-chair crank it's easy for you to have that position.

But no responsible leader can do that. The billions, potentially trillions of dollars worth of value evaporated. The hundreds of thousands to millions of people put out of work. The tens of thousnads of people who will actually f*ing die for reasons related to the economic distress.

You'd have to be a completely poop president to stand on principle and say "Nah. We've got to turn this into a teachable moment."

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2015, 12:48 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
How are they going to prosecute executives in the companies they are bailing out? Convictions happen based on mostly or solely on circumstantial evidence everyday. They did not really want to prosecute. You could of gotten gotten of jurors that want to convict these executives.

The economy is running on stretched out credit, tax loopholes, and accounting tricks anything but fundamentally sound.

But you are 30 so you probably do not remember an economy where a job was available to most who wanted one, and most of the jobs you did not have to worry about bieng laid off once you got a few years in with a company and did not have to worry about retirement or benefits for the most part. So the 2015 economy probably does seem good to you.

The economic situation where jobs were once so plentiful was back during my childhood. My dad had a good paying, steady job with great benefits and vacation time, my mom didn't have to work, and we enjoyed a middle class lifestyle. I don't recall my dad ever having been laid off. My employment history, filled with layoffs and long periods of unemployment, bears no resemblance to what I had known when growing up. The change came with that demigod of the right, Ronny Raygun, who made the bad guys out to be union guys like my dad who were only looking for the American dream for themselves and their families. The real villains aren't illegals, or union members, or poor people needing assistance, but Raygun's worshipers, and their masters in the business community.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2015, 2:14 am

blauSamstag wrote:
Raptor wrote:
blauSamstag wrote:
Raptor wrote:
I would have let GM fall on it's ass just as a terrifying warning to other big companies to be careful. Painful is it would be in terms of lost jobs, the alternative that was exercised sends the wrong message.

1: When GM got bailed out we had recently experimented with letting an important business entity fall on it's ass in hopes that it would serve as a lesson to others. That was Lehman Brothers.

The federal government made a point of not bailing it out. They thought it would scare some responsibility into others.

That experiment failed miserably. It precipitated the collapse of a large number of houses of cards.

2: We turned a profit on bailing out GM. Every dollar was paid back in full with interest.

Frankly, allowing GM to continue to manufacture and sell the Chevy Cruze is far more upsetting than their bailout. 0/10 would not drive again. What a miserable car.

If you want to b***h about a bailout, go look at AIG. When our own banks were getting 25 cents on the dollar through their insurance, AIG convinced our government to help them pay the foreign banks they insured - including Societe General and Credit Suisse, and others, at a full 100 cents on the dollar. And to my knowledge we didn't get that money back.

My position on the role of government remains unchanged. If our refusal to bail out corporations that don't know how to manage themselves brings about economic collapse, wars, fire and brimstone coming down from the skies, rivers and seas boiling, forty years of darkness, earthquakes, volcanoes, the dead rising from the grave, human sacrifice, and even dogs and cats living together then so be it. If we're in that precarious of a situation then all the above are bound to happen sooner or later so let it happen now, get over it, and rebuild from the ashes.

But no responsible leader can do that. The billions, potentially trillions of dollars worth of value evaporated. The hundreds of thousands to millions of people put out of work. The tens of thousnads of people who will actually f*ing die for reasons related to the economic distress.

You'd have to be a completely poop president to stand on principle and say "Nah. We've got to turn this into a teachable moment."

It CAN be done. No politician WILL do it. A responsible leader would take the bad pain now so that the fundamentals of the economy are strong for the future. Politicians know having a great depression on thier watch means no re election and maybe assassination and the even worse depression in the future is somebody else's problem.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2015, 2:18 am

blauSamstag wrote:
Raptor wrote:
blauSamstag wrote:
Raptor wrote:

It CAN be done. No politician WILL do it. A responsible leader will take the pain and fix the fundamentals of the economy. Politicians will not do it because they will not be reelected and maybe be assassinated.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2015, 4:26 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Obama's second term is almost up, for crying out loud! Is anyone even beating this dead horse anymore?

Raptor wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
Obama was born in an Hawaiian hospital--on US soil--while Hawaii was a state--case closed. He was a product of a romance between an American student and a Kenyan student studying in America.

Yeah, but it's still fun to f**k with the Obama supporters with the "birther" thing just for kicks.
:P

I rest my case...

Might that just be a sign of a personality defect on your part?

Anyone with two braincells to rub together could have seen from the get-go that the big bag evil "birthers" were never going to get their way. If anyone has a personality defect it's those that scream "the sky is falling" every time Obama catches any flak or when just about any non-progressive candidate displays an interest in running for president.

Really, I honestly think that if somehow we could hold the left's collective hand and whisper into thier collective ear that no matter what they'll still get their welfare and fraudulent SSDI checks we'd never hear another peep from them.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2015, 4:36 am

Raptor wrote:

Really, I honestly think that if somehow we could hold the left's collective hand and whisper into thier collective ear that no matter what they'll still get their welfare and fraudulent SSDI checks we'd never hear another peep from them.

Right then, so you are blanket accusing people on disability of being frauds............ because no one actually has a legitimate diagnosed disability that is preposterous. :roll:

Yet I am sure I have seen you complain about people blanket generalizing the right, interesting.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2015, 4:41 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:

The economic situation where jobs were once so plentiful was back during my childhood. My dad had a good paying, steady job with great benefits and vacation time, my mom didn't have to work, and we enjoyed a middle class lifestyle. I don't recall my dad ever having been laid off. My employment history, filled with layoffs and long periods of unemployment, bears no resemblance to what I had known when growing up. The change came with that demigod of the right, Ronny Raygun, who made the bad guys out to be union guys like my dad who were only looking for the American dream for themselves and their families. The real villains aren't illegals, or union members, or poor people needing assistance, but Raygun's worshipers, and their masters in the business community.

You forgot Ayn Rand and Rush Limbaugh since I'm sure they had a hand in what you think has caused your misery.
More reminiscing about the good old days from you. Does it ever get old? Economic swings and periods of high unemployment have plagued us for several generations. It's not solely some kind of a post-Raygun blight.

When the US was manufacturing the consumer widgets that Asia is doing now you all complained about what the factories in the US were doing to the environment. If all TV's were to be made in the US again and what is now a $400 TV becomes a $1000 TV guess who'd complain the loudest?

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2015, 4:46 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
blauSamstag wrote:
Raptor wrote:
blauSamstag wrote:
Raptor wrote:

It CAN be done. No politician WILL do it. A responsible leader would take the bad pain now so that the fundamentals of the economy are strong for the future. Politicians know having a great depression on thier watch means no re election and maybe assassination and the even worse depression in the future is somebody else's problem.

That's it in a nutshell right there. No one wants anything like that to happen on THEIR watch. It HAS to hit the fan sooner or later and that longer they keep putting temporary patches on things the worse it'll be when it does happen.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2015, 8:04 am

Back on topic to Obama birth control conspiracy theories. Most of these theories evolve around the New World Order pre selecting him. Would there be any reasonable person back in 1961 that would figure that a black or mixed race president could ever be elected president in the United States never mind how you could predict any one baby would be elected president 47 years later?

Stick to conspiracy theories with realistic motives such as 9/11.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

17 Dec 2015, 9:04 am

Obama probably was born in Hawaii in 1961 but...

There are a lot of holes in his background especially in the early 80s and him and his family particularly his mother seemed to have a lot of passing possible CIA. They both would of been perfect recruits. Obviously we know Dubya's connection, Clinton has ties, Bush Sr was the dang director and was in Dallas that day Kennedy was shot, and of course the CIA ran wild under Reagan. After Watergate and the Church Committee, the agency was reeling and they HATED Carter so maybe it wasn't a total coincidence that Iran released our hostages literally 20 minutes after Reagan was inaugurated.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2015, 11:34 am

Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:

You forgot Ayn Rand and Rush Limbaugh since I'm sure they had a hand in what you think has caused your misery.
More reminiscing about the good old days from you. Does it ever get old? Economic swings and periods of high unemployment have plagued us for several generations. It's not solely some kind of a post-Raygun blight.

When the US was manufacturing the consumer widgets that Asia is doing now you all complained about what the factories in the US were doing to the environment. If all TV's were to be made in the US again and what is now a $400 TV becomes a $1000 TV guess who'd complain the loudest?

Pretty long economic downswing, don't you think? How many decades has it been? And when is that upswing supposed to just miraculously appear?
And by the way, if corporate America kept up wages, then workers could afford those $1000 dollar TV's!
As for your previous post addressed to me concerning people allegedly faking disabilities - - what Sweetleaf said.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2015, 1:08 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:

Pretty long economic downswing, don't you think? How many decades has it been? And when is that upswing supposed to just miraculously appear?
And by the way, if corporate America kept up wages, then workers could afford those $1000 dollar TV's!

Yeah, right; we've been in famine since the 80's. We live on rats and sawdust bread and sometimes... on each other. At night, the pyres for the dead light up the sky. It's medieval! :roll:

If people are so poor these days it sure isn't evident by the way the average citizen throws money around.

Quote:
As for your previous post addressed to me concerning people allegedly faking disabilities - - what Sweetleaf said.
And you and Sweetleaf automatically think it's specifically about the two of you...

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2015, 3:39 pm

Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:

Yeah, right; we've been in famine since the 80's. We live on rats and sawdust bread and sometimes... on each other. At night, the pyres for the dead light up the sky. It's medieval! :roll:

If people are so poor these days it sure isn't evident by the way the average citizen throws money around.

Quote:
And you and Sweetleaf automatically think it's specifically about the two of you...

That's the go to explanation used by conservatives every time. No, Americans are for the most part not starving, but they are definitely working longer hours for less pay, and less or no benefits, and thus the economy in it's whole suffers for lack of disposable income in the hands of American workers. America is not the job market it had been in my father's time, and it doesn't seem to be getting any better any time soon.
As for your second point - I'm not on disability, though I suspect I would qualify. Regardless, I have a great deal of sympathy for anyone in need of help. I don't buy that crap that people on disability are faking it, regardless of how many times Rand Paul or Ted Cruz repeats it.

pluto
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2015, 5:06 pm

I've always been bemused by the ruling that Presidents must be born on American soil.After all,we don't have any choice in where we are born,only where we choose to live.

Here are some people who don't qualify as American under the birthplace rule -

Isaac Asimov (Russian)
Jackson Browne (German)
LeVar Burton (German)
Lou Diamond Phillips (Filipino)
Bob Hope (English)
Mila Kunis (Ukrainian)
John Mahoney (English)
Tia & Tamera Mowry (German)
Natalie Portman (Israeli)
Victoria Principal (Japanese)
Jeri Ryan (German)
Gene Simmons (Israeli)
Bruce Willis (German)

I don't envy the person who has to tell Bruce Willis he doesn't qualify as a true American under this rule !