If you were SUPER passionate about a candidate.....

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

If your favorite candidate switched to Independent, would you still vote for them?
- Yes. 13%  13%  [ 2 ]
- Yes, I don't care what someone's party is. 60%  60%  [ 9 ]
- No. 20%  20%  [ 3 ]
- No, I think that's despicable. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
- Other (please post) 7%  7%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 15

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2015, 11:31 am

.....and then he / she switched to run as an Independent, would you still vote for them?

AntDog
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2015, 1:40 pm

Heck yeah, I'd vote for Trump if ran as independent because Priebus threw a hissy fit and somehow denied him as the GOP candidate. Trump may even still win! The Republican and Democratic parties are 2 wings of the same vulture preying on the middle class. Trump is just simply a 'conservative' and not a 'Republican'. He only runs as a republican because he can take a larger part of that parties share in a primary while also gaining steam from many independents and some democrats.

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2015, 5:16 pm

This is would largely depend on the electoral system and why I was voting for them.

In many systems an independent could never become leader of a country, however that is not their role. The could shock the party political dross, and provide an important source of scrutiny. The could also push the interest of their constituency.

Generally independents aren't more of a fascination unless they form (lose) coalitions and alliances around issues.

I made a discussion previously about a "no party system" where there are no official of registered parties, therefore candidates are free to make any alliances they way. People didn't warm to it.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2015, 12:13 am

Yes

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

MDD123
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2015, 1:02 am

This Article gives Bernie better odds than anywhere else. I just wiki-ed the primary process, wish I hadn't done that; I've never been so confused in my life.

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2015, 10:00 am

I've heard rumblings regarding BOTH Trump's and Bernie's campaigns, that they would switch to Independent. I'm thinking the 2016 election year might just hold ALL KINDS of surprises, yet!

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2015, 10:03 am

I would say it's pretty likely that Trump will go independent.

As for the OP question: I'm not passionate about any of these idiots--but if there happens to be a person that I'm passionate about, I would support him/her no matter what political party this person belongs to.

andrethemoogle
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2015, 10:06 am

As a non-American with a stupid question, why would Trump go independent?

Are there any benefits to it?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2015, 10:55 am

If he's not nominated by the Republican Party, he would have to go Independent (or at least "3rd party") in order to be able to run for President.