Page 2 of 3 [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2015, 9:07 am

To the OP: Didnt you see the news about Paris?

The San Bernadino shooting was right on the heels of the mass murder in Paris. THAT is the difference.

The SB shooters have the appearance, if not the reality, of being part of an orchestrated global campaign of terrorism coming out of the middle east. And seemed to be part of trend that might continue with more terrorism.

The Charleston Shooter was a crazy person doing a one-time act.

So THAT is why American voters are more afraid of the SB couple than they are of the South Carolina shooter. Not because of the race of the victims.

Even Blacks (as far as I know) are not worried about a repeat of the South Carolina shootings. That kind of White-on-Black mass murder was freguent during the climax of Southern Civil Rights struggle of the late Fiftes, and early Sixties. Church bombings, and assasinations, (all of which were indeed political "terrorism") happened every week. But that kind of violence hasnt happened virtually at all in the last half century since that era. And doesnt seem likely to happen again. In contrast San Bernadino was right after Paris and could well be part of trend with more acts to come (or not, but it could be). So thats why candidates are being implored to do something about it.

So the South Carolina shooter has less in common with the San Bernedino couple, and more in common with:the Aurora Shooter, the Sandy Hook Shooter,the Virginia Tech shooter, and the Columbine Shooters. The SB shooters have the appearence of being tools of foreign enemies while the Charleston shooter is just one more homegrown crazy White guy of the kind who usually mass murders other White people (but in this one exceptional case went after Blacks).

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

21 Dec 2015, 11:40 am

FBI and ATF infiltration into the KKK and other white supremacist groups has essentially destroyed their organizations since they are all so paranoid about someone being an informants that none of them can work together. They're mostly just a bunch of weirdos that like to play dress up in the woods. Dylan Roof was a lone wolf, he acted alone, who knows what his mind state was, kid had black friends so it is really confusing. What more is there to say or be done? We already beat the confederate flag issue to death. There is no significant amount of white-on-black violence, most people kill their own race. It's done, we moved on.

The difference between that and San Bernardino is that it was an organized act of terror involving more than 1 person likely with the help and guidance of ISIS and al-Qaeda who pose a persistent threat to our national security. I wonder how much the FBI and ATF have worked in infiltrating mosques in search of extremists? What are we to do about Islamic extremists in this country?

Black Lives Matter is a divisive movement that racializes an important issue that everybody should be concerned about, many of the organizers of BLM are racists and have actively driven away white supporters. They're essentially separatists. The question is why nobody cares about black on black crime, apparently it's only a big deal when a police officer or "white-hispanic" man kill some black kid but when it's another black person doing the killing our media and this movement could care less. Black lives apparently only matter when they can be exploited politically.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2015, 1:13 pm

MaxE wrote:
Full disclosure - I am white so my POV on this is not the same as that of an actual black person.

Today I was reminded of the shooting in Charleston SC this past June, and how quickly it faded from public attention. In contrast, we have the recent San Bernardino shootings. Of course I don't know the racial makeup of the San Bernardino victims, however in such a situation, white people will form a mental image of white victims given no other information.

In the series of televised Presidential "debates" that have occurred this year, how often has the topic of the Charleston victims come up? In contrast to San Bernardino? Has any candidate been queried or spoken out about the threat presented by the KKK and its wannabes, and how to deal with it? Could it be because white people have almost nothing to fear from shooters like Dylann Roof?

Well they can't tie the Charleston SC shooting to Islamic extremism, and Islamic extremism is one of the fear mongering points. Also why would a candidate like Trump who has supporters among the neo-nazis and KKK want to bring up the dangers they create? When he can scream about Muslims and how they are the problem and can even reference a shooting committed by a couple Muslims to fuel the fire.

Also plenty of white people have things to fear from the likes of Dylann Roof, like if you're not a racist and speak out against racists or if you're a white person married to someone of an ethnic minority, they get quite worked up about that 'treachery' as they see it. But yes it is disturbing people don't really get up in arms about that shooting, people seem to have totally forgot about the Planned Parenthood shooting recently as soon as the San Bernardino shooting started getting coverage. But they all jump on the OMG the muslims will kill us all bandwagon with no hesitation whatsoever.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2015, 1:29 pm

LoveNotHate wrote:
The one fact I found most interesting ...

"According to a study by the New York Department of Health and Mental Hygiene, more African-American babies were aborted (31,328) in New York than were born (24,758) there in 2012"
http://www.freep.com/story/sports/nfl/l ... /72511852/

31, 328 aborted blacks in one city / one year.

Hitler would be proud.

But to let this happen, perhaps they turn people's attention to the KKK or some racist cop, while the slaughter mills do the real killings.

Yes things like mass shootings and terrorism are nothing compared to terminating unwanted pregnancies. The real violence is women choosing not to have children via legal means. lol give me a break :roll:

Edenthiel
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2015, 2:56 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
The Charleston Shooter was a crazy person doing a one-time act.

Actually, as many Americans have been killed on American soil by your "one time act" terrorists as by jihadists. And interestingly they also seem to be driven by extremist religious leaders. That *is* the modern way of waging religious wars: leaders no longer have to organize down to the level of individual cells; rather they simply stir up all those "crazy persons" into doing "one-time acts". In that respect, there is often no difference between Christian terrorists and Muslim ones.

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2015, 6:32 pm

Jacoby wrote:
Black Lives Matter is a divisive movement..... many of the organizers of BLM are racists and have actively driven away white supporters. They're essentially separatists. The question is why nobody cares about black on black crime, apparently it's only a big deal when a police officer or "white-hispanic" man kill some black kid but when it's another black person doing the killing our media and this movement could care less. Black lives apparently only matter when they can be exploited politically.

EXACTLY!! It's awful funny how black people cried the blues, for so long, that they were being separated, and now THEY are the ones doing the separating!!

Adamantium
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2015, 10:52 am

Campin_Cat wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
Black Lives Matter is a divisive movement..... many of the organizers of BLM are racists and have actively driven away white supporters. They're essentially separatists. The question is why nobody cares about black on black crime, apparently it's only a big deal when a police officer or "white-hispanic" man kill some black kid but when it's another black person doing the killing our media and this movement could care less. Black lives apparently only matter when they can be exploited politically.

EXACTLY!! It's awful funny how black people cried the blues, for so long, that they were being separated, and now THEY are the ones doing the separating!!

Seriously?

For so long? What, during slavery? Or Jim Crow? What a load of nonsense!

The only people who say black people don't care about violence in black communities (predominantly by other people in the same segregated communities, ergo "black on black") are white people who don't know any black people.

A tiny, tiny bit of research will reveal to anyone who can be bothered to find out that such a statement is simply wrong.

Of course that won't stop people who are motivated to want to see it that way from perpetuating the stupid lie that " nobody cares about black on black crime."

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2015, 11:36 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:
The one fact I found most interesting ...

"According to a study by the New York Department of Health and Mental Hygiene, more African-American babies were aborted (31,328) in New York than were born (24,758) there in 2012"
http://www.freep.com/story/sports/nfl/l ... /72511852/

31, 328 aborted blacks in one city / one year.

Hitler would be proud.

But to let this happen, perhaps they turn people's attention to the KKK or some racist cop, while the slaughter mills do the real killings.

Yes things like mass shootings and terrorism are nothing compared to terminating unwanted pregnancies. The real violence is women choosing not to have children via legal means. lol give me a break :roll:

mass shooting & terrorism ??

This topic is about "Black Lives Matter".

It is odd you trivialize the extinction of 30,000+ blacks in a single city in a single year.

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2015, 12:17 pm

Adamantium wrote:
Campin_Cat wrote:
Jacoby wrote:

Seriously?

For so long? What, during slavery? Or Jim Crow? What a load of nonsense!

Yes, those are the periods of which I speak----and, it's not nonsense; I didn't say they should NOT have been "cyin'-the-blues", I just said that it was funny (not "ha-ha funny", "interesting funny") that they were wanting to be separate, NOW.

The only people who say black people don't care about violence in black communities (predominantly by other people in the same segregated communities, ergo "black on black") are white people who don't know any black people.

Apparently, you've never read any of my other posts, where I have stated that I live in "Blackville, U.S.A.", so my experience is quite different.

A tiny, tiny bit of research will reveal to anyone who can be bothered to find out that such a statement is simply wrong.

It's not a wrong statement----it's a CORRECT statement, where I live. The only black people, basically, who are acting-like they want to help black people and stopping them from not caring anymore about other black people, than to callously take their life, are those trying to get elected / re-elected----and, they'll say ANYTHING!!

Now, there ARE some black people, here, who are GENUINELY trying to get blacks to respect other blacks / black lives, MORE----and I am very grateful for them (it KILLS me, that there is so much killing, here----over 300 homicides, and the year ain't over)----but, unfortunately, they are extremely few-and-far-between.

Of course that won't stop people who are motivated to want to see it that way from perpetuating the stupid lie that " nobody cares about black on black crime."

EXACTLY----and, what they get out of it, is, for instance, more federal funding----they (SOME black people) don't give a DAMN that their own kind are being slaughtered by their own brethren; all they care-about is what they, PERSONALLY / INDIVIDUALLY, can gain.

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2015, 2:30 am

I would like everybody who has posted on this thread to ask himself, "Does this conversation make a black autistic person feel welcome to participate at WrongPlanet?"

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2015, 8:31 am

^^ Well, here's the thing..... I feel that open / frank discussions like this, are NEEDED to INFORM us. I'm Irish and Indian (American), and I've heard a million-and-one slurs, over-the-years, regarding BOTH of those ethnicities; and no.1, I've always felt "Good to know"; and no.2, I know what others think, doesn't define ME!

If a black WP member is offended by what he reads here, he can choose NOT to read----just like turning the channel----we're able to exercise that right, at will!

Also, if he is offended by anything on this thread----if he has TRULY read, every word, he would know that absolutely NO ONE on this thread, has said ANYTHING close to "Black people are scum", or "Black people are 'less than'"; so, I truly don't see what the problem is.

Adamantium
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2015, 12:28 pm

Campin_Cat wrote:
It's not a wrong statement----it's a CORRECT statement, where I live. The only black people, basically, who are acting-like they want to help black people and stopping them from not caring anymore about other black people, than to callously take their life, are those trying to get elected / re-elected----and, they'll say ANYTHING!!

Now, there ARE some black people, here, who are GENUINELY trying to get blacks to respect other blacks / black lives, MORE----and I am very grateful for them (it KILLS me, that there is so much killing, here----over 300 homicides, and the year ain't over)----but, unfortunately, they are extremely few-and-far-between.

Your individual perception of reality is may be distorted by any number of things.
For all I know, you may be lying about your community, you might be living in an Aryan Nations compound putting out anti-black propaganda all day... (I don't suspect this, but your "some of my best friends are black so I am entitled to talk **** about them as much as I want," line is about as weak as you can get on the internet.)
You may actually live in the community you describe, but hardly know any of your black neighbors and thus base your assessment of the feelings of "those people" on imagination and projection.

Now I know and am friends with black people and live in an integrated community, much as you claim to do, but my experience is very different than yours.

So let's set aside the possibly distorting effect of subjective impression and look for empirical evidence on this... and that's easy to start because someone has already done this, as a moments googling will reveal:

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_ ... rwise.html

This evidence-based approach says the belief that black people don't care about violence in predominantly black communities is wrong.

Of course, people are free to choose to believe whatever they want, but the choice to believe an improbable falsehood (e.g., people don't care about being the victims of violence, life is cheap with those people, or some variation on that bunk) really reveals more about the mind and mental habits of the believer than the subject of that belief.

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2015, 12:32 pm

^^^ Thank you.

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2015, 1:31 pm

Adamantium wrote:
...This evidence-based approach says the belief that black people don't care about violence in predominantly black communities is wrong...
Ironically, black people are probably the only people who care about violence in predominantly black communities, on the part of either violent offenders or police. White people may occasionally engage in hand wringing but don't really lose any sleep over violence taking place in a part of town where they never go. The number of occasions when a white person is a victim of a violent crime deliberately committed against them by a black person is much smaller (sorry no statistics!) than you would expect given the perception. I can recall two specific recent occasions on which a white person was killed or seriously injured in such an incident in Baltimore, I think one occurred in Canton to a young man who was married to an Asian woman, the other took place late at night in central Baltimore near JHU Homewood. These were horrible, horrible crimes however the fact that each one got a lot of attention in the press argues in favor of my original thesis, when compared to the number of black victims.

BTW how many white people were physically harmed in the April riots (apart from police)? I just Googled for an answer and didn't find anything. Yes there were white (and other) property owners whose private and commercial property was stolen or damaged, and I sincerely hope the culprits will be caught and punished no matter who they are!

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

25 Dec 2015, 1:39 pm

Black on black crime does not fit the media narrative and runs counter to the political agenda, when they report on say shootings on the Southside of Chicago it has a different effect than when they report on some high profile shooting at a school or Planned Parenthood or white on black violence. Democrats do not care abut violence in black communities, they exploit them for political gain. LBJ's mindset towards black voters persists to this day.

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2015, 2:47 pm

Jacoby wrote:
Black on black crime does not fit the media narrative and runs counter to the political agenda, when they report on say shootings on the Southside of Chicago it has a different effect than when they report on some high profile shooting at a school or Planned Parenthood or white on black violence. Democrats do not care abut violence in black communities, they exploit them for political gain. LBJ's mindset towards black voters persists to this day.
My OP was meant as a reflection on society in general. I had not intended to make a statement regarding politics. @Jacoby is correct in that politicians seeking votes in predominantly black urban areas have capitalized on their constituents' misery to achieve their objectives. It is also no surprise to any US citizen that the great majority of such politicians are Democrats.

However, to turn this argument around, I would strongly suspect that non-black citizens (in this context some Asians and others can be considered along with white) who have made a serious attempt to internalize the "Black Lives Matter" message are overwhelmingly registered Democrats, if they are indeed registered to any party. So I don't know what can be accomplished by pointing the finger at "Democrats" in this regard.