Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2019, 7:00 pm

Quote:
Albatross Dying Out Because Of Climate Change–Latest Attenborough Fake News

Quote:
On Sunday evening, the legendary BBC presenter took viewers to the southernmost continent for the first episode of “Seven Wolds, One Planet.” Now 93, Sir David emphasised the shocking effects human beings are having on this untouched frozen desert by contributing to global warming. He revealed how the population of albatross – large seabirds that live in cold conditions – has more than halved in 15 years. https://notalotofpeopleknowthat.wordpre ... fake-news/

Quote:
Sea surface temperatures there have actually been dropping since the 1980s, and are no higher now than in the 19thC.

And as any half competent meteorologist could have told him, global warming should in theory lead to weaker extratropical storms, not stronger. This is because of the poles warming faster than the tropics, thus reducing the temperature differentials which affect the strength of storms.

HH Lamb was always very clear on this and found that storms in the Little Ice Age tended to be more powerful than now.

As for those poor albatross, bird experts could have told him that their decline is due to industrial fishing and not global warming. Indeed, the Guardian ran an article earlier this year, describing the problem: https://notalotofpeopleknowthat.wordpre ... fake-news/

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2019, 8:15 pm

I think we all know that he is a bit of a glove puppet.

I never forget being absolutely shocked when I aas in my late teens and I found out the well known and then famous TV conservationist known as David Bellamy had no interest in saving an entire large valley from being desicated because the government run company (Just before things were privatised here in the UK) who had been planning to do this venture paid more, so he supported the destruction of the valley with its ancient woodland instead. Fortunately, there was such local opposition that the plans never went ahead. But it really shocked mein those days to know that famous people could be bought out like that.

Since those days nothing surprizes me, and I have seen many false accounts that are continually being used to push the global warming agenda, which has become one of the worlds largest industries.

I habe a very analytical mind when I latch onto a subject and I can see straight through their follies. I am now so used to it that I just ignore them when they come on the TV.