Page 1 of 4 [ 50 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2021, 10:44 am

CNN reported a now-debunked narrative about the Biden administration "starting from scratch" with a coronavirus vaccine rollout plan 47 times on Thursday before Dr. Anthony Fauci revealed that the liberal network had been spreading misinformation, according to Grabien Media.

CNN raised eyebrows Thursday with its alleged "scoop" that quoted unnamed Biden officials claiming, "There is nothing for us to rework. We are going to have to build everything from scratch," as well as that the new administration would have to start from "square one" since there was no plan.

"We certainly are not starting from scratch because there is activity going on in the distribution," Fauci responded, essentially revealing that CNN’s report was inaccurate.

Grabien Media founder Tom Elliott, who monitors cable news, tweeted that CNN mentioned the "false" report 47 times on Thursday, while MSNBC covered CNN’s report 11 times. The gaffe was so egregious that even CNN’s Chris Cuomo condemned it later in the evening, but only after the inaccurate information was parroted on the network throughout the day. "Another thing that I don't buy comes out of our reporting ... that people in the administration say they're starting from scratch with the vaccine. No, they're not," Cuomo said on "Cuomo Prime Time."

CNN White House correspondent MJ Lee, who authored the report, defended her story on social media, characterizing Fauci as "a holdover from the Trump administration." Yet on the same day, news reports touted Fauci's remarks that he felt freer to speak his mind under Biden than he did with Trump.

Jordan Schachtel responded on twitter, "Fauci is not a holdover... he's a civil servant bureaucrat who has held the exact same position for 37 years. Same slot under Reagan, Bush 41, Clinton, Bush 43, Obama, Trump, and now Biden."

Source: CNN mentioned now-debunked report that Biden inherited no vaccine distribution plan whopping 47 times

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2021, 10:51 am

False reporting is inexcusable no matter who does it.

Reporter Ms. Lee may soon be applying for unemployment insurance.

I wonder what the going rate is for a has-been reporter these days ... ?

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

ezbzbfcg2
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2021, 11:01 am

jimmy m wrote:
CNN raised eyebrows Thursday with its alleged "scoop" that quoted unnamed Biden officials claiming, "There is nothing for us to rework. We are going to have to build everything from scratch," as well as that the new administration would have to start from "square one" since there was no plan...

...CNN mentioned the "false" report 47 times on Thursday, while MSNBC covered CNN’s report 11 times.

...CNN White House correspondent MJ Lee, who authored the report, defended her story on social media, characterizing Fauci as "a holdover from the Trump administration."

There is a term for this. It's called fake news.

And, no, fake news is not limited to one platform or ideological medium. I noticed in this post, the OP is using a Fox News source. To me, it's like Coke and Pepsi. Doesn't matter if you prefer one over the other, I wouldn't want just ONE cola option. Same goes for major broadcast networks. Yes, competition serves a purpose. Never put all your faith into any one source.

Good find, OP.

Jiheisho
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2021, 11:08 am

jimmy m wrote:
CNN raised eyebrows Thursday with its alleged "scoop" that quoted unnamed Biden officials claiming, "There is nothing for us to rework. We are going to have to build everything from scratch," as well as that the new administration would have to start from "square one" since there was no plan.

What is false? There was no plan or, as you pointed out, a Biden official said there was no plan? So can you give evidence that a Biden official never said that? If there was no source inside the administration, then the story would be false.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2021, 11:09 am

YeaH A Huuuuge Difference in Nuts
Is that CNN Has The Balls to Admit
A Mistake in the Presentation of News Coverage

In The Same

Day Even

If it is

One Prime

Time Voice... A Hell of a Lot

Better Than the Kool Aid Served

All Day Long At Fox News

Except For Chris Wallace

And A Few Other Folks

With Nuts Enough of Truth to Leave...

Yes, if the Mistake is Egregious Enough

CNN Will Fire 'em; If the Lie is Not Big Enough

The Same thing Could Happen on Fox News

As Long

As A

'Rupert Dragon' iS in Charge...

And That Other Channel 'OAN',

They Don't Even Play that Garbage

Dump of Truth Trashed Anymore At the Military Gym i work out at...

In Fact, It's A New World (Age), There too, As CNN More Respected Plays Now...

Yeah, Mistakes

Happen 'You'

Correct Them

As Any Honorable Person or Organization Will...

Other Than That While it's True There Was something

Going on With Fixing the Pandemic With The Trump Administration;

Anyone With Any Science/Organizational Skills, Understands it Was

Woefully And Deadly Deficient...

It's Obvious

The Real Liars

of Every Day Life

Are No Longer in Charge
of Our Government at Least...

No one With Even Any Common
Horse Sense will Deny that FACT checked FACT.

'Starting From Scratch' Is likely Hyperbole And Figurative
in this Case; Most Likely From the Original Source Not meant to be taken literally AS NOTHING;

Yet of course in Government, it is Best to Be As Direct And Literal As Possible When Fixin' Problems....

Chris Cuomo Isn't Exactly Someone Who Brown Noses Along the Way Like We See Every Day At Fox News...

And the Other Trash
Channel If One Will
Stomach the Lies for A Minute or Two...

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2021, 11:21 am

Let us see  What Was Actually Said 

MJ Lee wrote:
Fauci, a holdover from the Trump administration, said about the previous admin's vaccine distribution efforts: "You can't say it was absolutely not usable at all."

(In the last hour, Biden said Trump's vaccine rollout had been a "dismal failure")
Well, technically, Dr. Fauci is a "holdover" from the Trump administration; but he is also a holdover from several other administrations before that, so Ms. Lee did not technically lie on that claim.

And Trump's rollout plan did leave a lot to be desired -- he denied the existence of the virus, claimed that the pandemic would disappear on Election Day, and spent most of his efforts since losing the election trying to prove he had won instead of working with the pharmaceutical companies to get more vaccine to more people.

I believe that had Mr. Trump been more proactive, there would be more vaccine available, that it would have been available sooner, and that the distribution would have been better organized.

Still, I also believe that CNN and Fox News should be more diligent in their journalistic practices without trying to spin the news toward one particular perspective or another.

The BBC, NHK, and NPR are three examples of better journalistic practices.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

ezbzbfcg2
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2021, 11:40 am

If the Fauci quote is accurate, he's dismissing the notion that it's all unusable and that they have to go back to square one, which seems to imply that going back to square one had been erroneously postulated.

More importantly, if Fauci is still around when Biden leaves office, I guess that would subsequently make him a holdover from the Biden administration...technically.

And what does his being a holdover from any administration since Reagan have to with his ability to apply his years of training and expertise? Does he throw away all of his training and knowledge with every new administration? I thought they kept him around precisely because he does NOT do that.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2021, 11:46 am

ezbzbfcg2 wrote:
If the Fauci quote is accurate, he's dismissing the notion that it's all unusable and that they have to go back to square one, which seems to imply that going back to square one had been erroneously postulated.

More importantly, if Fauci is still around when Biden leaves office, I guess that would subsequently make him a holdover from the Biden administration...technically.

And what does his being a holdover from any administration since Reagan have to with his ability to apply his years of training and expertise? Does he throw away all of his training and knowledge with every new administration? I thought they kept him around precisely because he does NOT do that.
Sad thing about being a reporter ... you gotta report on something every day or risk having the payroll department "forget" that you exist.  Sometimes it is a bit of a stretch to find something to report, which may be why so many "breaking" stories have already been covered for several days with each article adding only a few minor details to the story already being told.

This is why I check out several different news sources, instead of relying on only one news source or news sources representing only one end of the political spectrum.

(I read both Fox News and Alternet ... no wonder I have so many headaches!)

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2021, 12:01 pm

Jiheisho wrote:
What is false? There was no plan or, as you pointed out, a Biden official said there was no plan? So can you give evidence that a Biden official never said that? If there was no source inside the administration, then the story would be false.

As of the other day, there have been 17.18 million doses of the vaccine that have been distributed and injected into the arms of Americans. That is higher than any other nation on the planet. That is not done without significant planning in place.

So if a Biden official said that then who is this official or are we back to "anonymous sources".

Jiheisho
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2021, 12:27 pm

jimmy m wrote:
Jiheisho wrote:

As of the other day, there have been 17.18 million doses of the vaccine that have been distributed and injected into the arms of Americans. That is higher than any other nation on the planet. That is not done without significant planning in place.

So if a Biden official said that then who is this official or are we back to "anonymous sources".

So, you are not answering my question. I think you are just trying to stir controversy when none is there.

There have been 17 million doses distributed, but how many have been used and on how many people? In terms of per 100 of population, the US is not leading. Sure there has been planning, but has there been good planning? Or are you saying the the Trump response to COVID has been very good? I think their plan was to distribute 20 million doses by December, which means they are behind their own schedule.

You don't want anonymous sources? Why? Did we ever leave anonymous sources?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2021, 12:29 pm

Jiheisho wrote:
So, you are not answering my question. I think you are just trying to stir controversy when none is there...
You noticed that, too?  I thought I was the only one.

Jiheisho
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2021, 12:34 pm

Fnord wrote:
Jiheisho wrote:
So, you are not answering my question. I think you are just trying to stir controversy when none is there...

Well, you can answer my question if you would like...

:)

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2021, 12:42 pm

Jiheisho wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Jiheisho wrote:
Well, you can answer my question if you would like...
I already did Here.  Let me know if you need clarification.

ezbzbfcg2
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2021, 12:47 pm

Jiheisho wrote:

There is no way to prove or disprove whether or not an unnamed Biden official actually made that statement. We can't fact-check and ask this person for clarification since they're anonymous (if they even exist). It could be purely fabricated. But even if it's accurate, even if unnamed Biden officials made such a claim, is the claim itself truthful or is it misleading?

Was CNN merely reporting that an anonymous Biden official may have made the statement, or was it treating the statement itself as fact?

To their credit, I'm glad they actually clarified things with the very public and non-anonymous holdover that is Dr. Fauci.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2021, 12:52 pm

jimmy m wrote:
CNN reported a now-debunked narrative about the Biden administration "starting from scratch" with a coronavirus vaccine rollout plan 47 times on Thursday before Dr. Anthony Fauci revealed that the liberal network had been spreading misinformation, according to Grabien Media.

"We certainly are not starting from scratch because there is activity going on in the distribution," Fauci responded, essentially revealing that CNN’s report was inaccurate.

Grabien Media founder Tom Elliott, who monitors cable news, tweeted that CNN mentioned the "false" report 47 times on Thursday, while MSNBC covered CNN’s report 11 times. The gaffe was so egregious that even CNN’s Chris Cuomo condemned it later in the evening, but only after the inaccurate information was parroted on the network throughout the day. "Another thing that I don't buy comes out of our reporting ... that people in the administration say they're starting from scratch with the vaccine. No, they're not," Cuomo said on "Cuomo Prime Time."

CNN White House correspondent MJ Lee, who authored the report, defended her story on social media, characterizing Fauci as "a holdover from the Trump administration." Yet on the same day, news reports touted Fauci's remarks that he felt freer to speak his mind under Biden than he did with Trump.

Jordan Schachtel responded on twitter, "Fauci is not a holdover... he's a civil servant bureaucrat who has held the exact same position for 37 years. Same slot under Reagan, Bush 41, Clinton, Bush 43, Obama, Trump, and now Biden."

Source: CNN mentioned now-debunked report that Biden inherited no vaccine distribution plan whopping 47 times

I think you are posting fake news about fake news being dissemination. [joke and ironic commentary] 8)

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2021, 12:53 pm

Fnord wrote:
False reporting is inexcusable no matter who does it.

Reporter Ms. Lee may soon be applying for unemployment insurance.

I wonder what the going rate is for a has-been reporter these days ... ?

Agreed.
This sort of thing happens on both sides of the political divide. 8)